Andrew Bassat & Lindsay Fox

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Peanut Farm
Club Player

Andrew Bassat & Lindsay Fox

Andrew Bassat is one smart cookie co-founding seek.com.au. He currently has 14,756,293 shares valued at $214m on top of his annual base salary of $2.5m and Lindsay Fox has a net worth of about $3.5B - both self made and deserve every $$$ they have.
Given the current situation with COVID-19 affecting jobs and those specifically at the club, I hope both of them can come together and pledge to look after everyone associated with the club. I know they've got their own workforce to look after but I'm sure the Saints would hold a special place in Fox's heart, not sure about Bassat, plus Fox is in his Eighties now, so hopefully if finances at the club become dire and they are unable to pay wages, hope Fox & Bassat step in with a large donation.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Andrew Bassat & Lindsay Fox

give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach him how to fish..he eats forever.
I'd rather Lindsay showing the club how to stand on it's own 2 feet.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 22 Mar 2020 1:15am give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach him how to fish..he eats forever.
I'd rather Lindsay showing the club how to stand on it's own 2 feet.
Did Fox make his money running a successful AFL football club?

supersaints2
Club Player

From my memory Lindsay Fix did sfa fit the saints financially. When he was in charge and we were nearly broke he made the club insolvent then only paid the players 10 cents in the dollar owed to them, Even took Trevor Barkers car he won off him and sold it for the proceeds..
He was ( and probably still is ) a member of Carltons dirty dozen.. He had all the logistics contracts with CUB and Visy ( He sat next to Pigs arse Elliot at most Carlton games) He knows who butters his bread
Financially he deserted our club... I'll never forgive him when he could have helped bail us out with his loose change
Basset may be different , but forget about Elliott

I used to be supersaints but after 16 years my profile dissapeared... ??? if I make any reference to past posts .. it will be under supersiants.. glad to be back on line
supersaints2
Club Player

Posted to soon Forget about Elliot's mate Fox

I used to be supersaints but after 16 years my profile dissapeared... ??? if I make any reference to past posts .. it will be under supersiants.. glad to be back on line
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Don’t Bassats hunt down Foxes?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Peanut Farm wrote: Sat 21 Mar 2020 9:51pm Andrew Bassat is one smart cookie co-founding seek.com.au. He currently has 14,756,293 shares valued at $214m on top of his annual base salary of $2.5m and Lindsay Fox has a net worth of about $3.5B - both self made and deserve every $$$ they have.
Given the current situation with COVID-19 affecting jobs and those specifically at the club, I hope both of them can come together and pledge to look after everyone associated with the club. I know they've got their own workforce to look after but I'm sure the Saints would hold a special place in Fox's heart, not sure about Bassat, plus Fox is in his Eighties now, so hopefully if finances at the club become dire and they are unable to pay wages, hope Fox & Bassat step in with a large donation.
Fox dip his hand in his pocket for the Saints? You have to be joking.

If he did it would be a first.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I think Fox has poured far more money into Carlton than he has St Kilda