Jack Steven Knife Incident

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jack Steven Knife Incident

So let me see if I can get it right.
Ace has a snow habit that costs about $50,000 a year.
Ace can easily afford this habit.
Ace had to go into isolation after returning from Northern Italy and France.

Jack had his pay cut in half.
Jack's snow supplier refused to cut his price in half.
Jack could not afford his habit.
Jack's supplier got jack of Jack.

Ace is miserable because he does not think there will an Australian snow season.
Ace will lose $25,000 in income.
Ace can easily afford this.
Ace is miserable because he does not think he will be allowed to go to the next European snow season.
Ace will likely have mental health issues.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Ace has a serious powder addiction

Seeya
asiu
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Sat 23 May 2020 2:06am https://www.heraldsun.com.au/truecrimea ... 940adc75f2

Jack’s ex is being interviewed over the stabbing, The Herald Sun is not suggesting she stabbed him, only that she is being spoken to in relation to the incident. It is believed other people, including witnesses, are being sought by police.
reported for posting old news

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

with Banning music

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Special
Club Player

Must say I’m on Eddie’s side wanting Geelong to come clean with what happened with Steven

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Special wrote: Sat 23 May 2020 9:52pm Must say I’m on Eddie’s side wanting Geelong to come clean with what happened with Steven
Why?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

These users thanked the author asiu for the post:
bigcarl (Sat 23 May 2020 4:51pm)

ta mate 😎

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Special wrote: Sat 23 May 2020 9:52pm Must say I’m on Eddie’s side wanting Geelong to come clean with what happened with Steven
Maybe you can explain to us all how it's any of his or your business!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Sun 24 May 2020 3:07pm
I agree with you. Just because he plays football people think they own him.

linz
Club Player

Then why is anyone on this site? Surely to seek information.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
linz
Club Player

Then why is anyone on this site? Surely to seek information.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Because he’s a public figure and has been deliberately evasive which makes it very suss

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Mon 25 May 2020 8:07am
Because he’s a public figure and has been deliberately evasive which makes it very suss
So what? Why is it that you think you're entitled to know anything about it? What are you going to do with the information?

I'm pretty sure, given Jack's past, that he's not the least bit interested in being a public figure. He's a football player. That's it.
You, or anybody else, are not entitled to anything from him.
From what it looks like, he has a very good circle of friends for support. That is all that matters.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Why? Screw Eddie he is the biggest hypocrite ever.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Those that think that these guys earning salaries up to 10x the average wage earner do it just because they kick a footy around an oval are kidding themselves. Whether they like it or not they give up a certain amount of privacy once they sign these huge salaries. How is it any of our business whether they are being investigated for rape? Whether a photo was taken in a hotel room of two of them naked? Of all sorts of things that happen off the field in private.

Jack getting stabbed may well be a very private incident. There are sinister overtones though when it is reported that the victim is not co operating with authorities. If he is involved in anything sinister, you don't think that's relevant? Because if it's not then 90% of the off field footy stories are irrelevant.

It matters not one iota whether Jack wants publicity or not. Whether or not Jack has sought publicity in the past. He has won 4 x B&F's and earns approx. 800k a year playing in a billion dollar industry. His actions off the field will be scrutinised as much as the next celebrity fool who drinks and drives and runs from the scene of an accident.

If Jack was stabbed by his ex missus over a domestic type affair then the story will die a quick death. If, though, it was the result of some sordid criminal type behaviour it deserves to be in the public eye and then of course it's newsworthy. Those saying otherwise are simply blinded by the fact that Jack won multiple B&F's for our club and was a 'good bloke.'

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 25 May 2020 11:07am
Eddies’s a politician for sure...when he said in a matter of fact tone on Footy classified, “it will all come out, all come out , it has to” he is talking in tongues as usual. He knows some of it will come out, and in a certain order, over a certain timeline, but he is upping the pressure in Geelong by saying it like he does.

Of course we are curious, but have you ever been on the wrong end of a ‘story’ , maybe at work, in the school yard? Yep, ouch.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
ace
Saintsational Legend

Is there someone in Jack's life who he would be fully entitled to protect by not revealing who stabbed him ?

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Still none of our business. In some states and Territories there is an absolute ban on the publication of DV proceedings, including names. As there should be.

Special
Club Player

Life Long Saint wrote: Mon 25 May 2020 8:30am
So what? Why is it that you think you're entitled to know anything about it? What are you going to do with the information?

I'm pretty sure, given Jack's past, that he's not the least bit interested in being a public figure. He's a football player. That's it.
You, or anybody else, are not entitled to anything from him.
From what it looks like, he has a very good circle of friends for support. That is all that matters.
That’s fine. We could be told if/when the police have the information they require without actually disclosing it - in which case it’s a civil not criminal issue.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Is there someone in Jack's life who he would be fully entitled to protect by not revealing who stabbed him ?
thats a good question that

Special
Club Player

asiu wrote: Mon 25 May 2020 1:07pm
thats a good question that
Does a former spouse count when they share a child perhaps for the safety/protection of the child??

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 25 May 2020 11:07am
Unless he’s on a plane coming back from WA :lol:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Mon 25 May 2020 11:26am Those that think that these guys earning salaries up to 10x the average wage earner do it just because they kick a footy around an oval are kidding themselves. Whether they like it or not they give up a certain amount of privacy once they sign these huge salaries. How is it any of our business whether they are being investigated for rape? Whether a photo was taken in a hotel room of two of them naked? Of all sorts of things that happen off the field in private.

Jack getting stabbed may well be a very private incident. There are sinister overtones though when it is reported that the victim is not co operating with authorities. If he is involved in anything sinister, you don't think that's relevant? Because if it's not then 90% of the off field footy stories are irrelevant.

It matters not one iota whether Jack wants publicity or not. Whether or not Jack has sought publicity in the past. He has won 4 x B&F's and earns approx. 800k a year playing in a billion dollar industry. His actions off the field will be scrutinised as much as the next celebrity fool who drinks and drives and runs from the scene of an accident.

If Jack was stabbed by his ex missus over a domestic type affair then the story will die a quick death. If, though, it was the result of some sordid criminal type behaviour it deserves to be in the public eye and then of course it's newsworthy. Those saying otherwise are simply blinded by the fact that Jack won multiple B&F's for our club and was a 'good bloke.'
So, what's the number that makes it OK to have your private life made public?
Last year, the average salary in Australia was $86,268pa. I suspect the median would be considerably lower than that.
If you earn more than the average, is it OK to have your private life public? Is it twice that? Three times?
What about CEOs and executives that are on significantly more than $800k per year? Should we know all the intimate details from their lives, too?

Jack Steven earned $800k pa and won four best and fairests because he's a bloody good footballer. His on-field actions is all that I cared about.

People should stop looking up to "celebrities" as role models. Stop caring, and the newsworthyness of their deeds will go away. Admire them for their craft.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Mon 25 May 2020 2:18pm People should stop looking up to "celebrities" as role models. Stop caring, and the newsworthyness of their deeds will go away. Admire them for their craft.
It is not proportional to salary for sure.

And when these guys were kids, and then teens, becoming footy players of greatness, even then, how cold they possibly be expected to know what was coming for them?

But our appetite is insatiable of course. Maybe the old school media might be a little worse for wear and hungry now, but check out Mick Jagger in 1967 trying to tell the press they shouldn't be responsible for the mindset of the masses.....hopeless cause..and we are hanging on every word.

We think stars have cracked a code and got out of jail while the rest of us are still trapped. We wanna now what it is like on the outside. I think the people making big money, in a quieter realm of life just shrug their shoulders.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!