Round 6 Cats on Thursday night.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 6 Cats on Thursday night.

saynta wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 6:30pm
freely wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 10:54am
saintspremiers wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 8:28am
CURLY wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 8:47pm Nice of Eddie to pack up his team now Victoria has turned to s***. Guaranteed to get all there games in.
Victoria is fine. Andrews has overreacted. We should have 50 person limit in bars and restaurants.

Community transmission hasn’t skyrocketed- it’s stable.

Don’t drink the media hype.
Actually, it's not stable; it's escalating at 1:2.5. You know that old story about the grains of rice - start with one grain on the first square of the chess board, multiply by 2 on every square and by the time you get all the way around the board you've got ... well, an awful lot of rice! Now, multiply every grain by 2.5...

Course, I'm not a statistician, so I don't know all the ways you'd know of spinning that to advantage! :wink:
33 new cases yesterday. God only know how many today.

Victoria, the place not to be.
30 new cases on Friday :(

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Of the 30 new cases, only I think 8 were from routine testing.

The numbers from routine testing are the unknown community transmission- and these are close to only 10 per day and aren’t trending upwards at all, even with the increased testing.

What the government aren’t telling us is how many asymptotic cases there are, and how sick the current 173 active infections are.

The lack of detail is disappointing

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Sat 27 Jun 2020 9:42am Of the 30 new cases, only I think 8 were from routine testing.

The numbers from routine testing are the unknown community transmission- and these are close to only 10 per day and aren’t trending upwards at all, even with the increased testing.

What the government aren’t telling us is how many asymptotic cases there are, and how sick the current 173 active infections are.

How the f*** did 14 security guards at one hotel get the virus ffs, unless some very dodgy practised were being engaged in.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 27 Jun 2020 8:15am
Ghost Like wrote: Fri 26 Jun 2020 7:02pm Hey samurai, interesting point you raise. There's actually been no peer reviewed studies that confirm whether or not smokers are more susceptible to the virus or not.

Bizarrely there has been a school of thought that suggests smokers are less susceptible as the cilia within the lungs has been damaged so badly from smoking that they are unable to remove the virus cells once inside the lungs. Interesting theory.
There is truth in what you say Ghost Like, I have heard from very old asthmatics that they were given the go ahead by doctors to smoke cigarettes as it cleared out the airways!!! Mind you I was told that by old guys and it was 30 years ago, so I take it with a grain of salt.

I did see that people who had a range of conditions which were paired put people at advanced risk. I think it was catalyst or four corners, or it may even have been on an SBS news program. But they ranked the risk factors in order and they looked like this:

Diabetes/Obesity

Dementia/Stroke

High Blood Pressure/heart condition

Cancer

Asthma (low risk)

Now, I can't honestly remember if smoking was in that list now, but I remember it definitely being alluded to at some point.

On another point I think the issues of childhood obesity will need to be tackled seriously by our federal government now. A lot of young people and children are developing really poor life habits (fast food/takeaway diets combined with little incidental daily exercise) and it puts them at risk of destroying their health. I suspect this may be a reason for the high mortality rate in the United States for example because the top two risk factors go hand in hand.
How is it that Billions and Billions of taxpayers funds are spent on a myriad of drugs that are questionable in their efficacy and questionable in their ability to heal or cure or prolong the life of many and yet the real problems are easily preventable.

How is it that I can't watch a game of football on a Friday or Saturday night without 10 McDonalds ads per hour telling me subconsciously that 'If I love my family or my children or grand children that I should be taking them to Maccas'. FFS, I do love them and I refuse to take them there. I am not a sheep, but I know that most parents and especially most young people that watch that crap are brainwashed into visiting a Maccas or a KFC every time they are hungry....especially poor people who prefer to eat cheap meals with little nutritional value and high in salt and fats and sugar.

These are the same people who will probably end up obese, or sick, or get diabetes or possibly and end up with cancers if they are regular Maccas customers and the two major parties just keep ignoring the real problem.

There are so many diseases that have had a back seat to cancer and I think atm with Covid-19 it basically represents how fragile and costly it has been to our economy when there are stresses on our health care system. Unless a large percentage of people are assisted with better health, better nutrition and a better lifestyle (including a work/life-balance) we’ll be wasting money and resources in the wrong areas and not really addressing the fundamental issue of what it means to have ‘good health’.

Usually each year the politicians focus on cancer research and cancer drug funding and there is a huge amount of 'Hypocrisy' when it comes to 'health' and the health budget

Both the Libs/Nats and ALP want spend considerably more on cancer drugs each year and assisting people with cancer. That is fantastic but are they also ramping up funding for prevention and for education so that people have access to the right imformation on nutrition and the role that diet and lifestyle plays on people's long term health?? I don't think so

Funding and legislation is needed to assist in reducing the growing cost of drugs and drug treatments as opposed to the money needed for health prevention programs. Why don't they spend as much on educating and feeding people the right foods and providing health and wellbeing and fitness programs as they do on the industry that thrives AFTER people fall ill?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 27 Jun 2020 2:40pm
samuraisaint wrote: Sat 27 Jun 2020 8:15am
Ghost Like wrote: Fri 26 Jun 2020 7:02pm Hey samurai, interesting point you raise. There's actually been no peer reviewed studies that confirm whether or not smokers are more susceptible to the virus or not.

Bizarrely there has been a school of thought that suggests smokers are less susceptible as the cilia within the lungs has been damaged so badly from smoking that they are unable to remove the virus cells once inside the lungs. Interesting theory.
There is truth in what you say Ghost Like, I have heard from very old asthmatics that they were given the go ahead by doctors to smoke cigarettes as it cleared out the airways!!! Mind you I was told that by old guys and it was 30 years ago, so I take it with a grain of salt.

I did see that people who had a range of conditions which were paired put people at advanced risk. I think it was catalyst or four corners, or it may even have been on an SBS news program. But they ranked the risk factors in order and they looked like this:

Diabetes/Obesity

Dementia/Stroke

High Blood Pressure/heart condition

Cancer

Asthma (low risk)

Now, I can't honestly remember if smoking was in that list now, but I remember it definitely being alluded to at some point.

On another point I think the issues of childhood obesity will need to be tackled seriously by our federal government now. A lot of young people and children are developing really poor life habits (fast food/takeaway diets combined with little incidental daily exercise) and it puts them at risk of destroying their health. I suspect this may be a reason for the high mortality rate in the United States for example because the top two risk factors go hand in hand.
How is it that Billions and Billions of taxpayers funds are spent on a myriad of drugs that are questionable in their efficacy and questionable in their ability to heal or cure or prolong the life of many and yet the real problems are easily preventable.

How is it that I can't watch a game of football on a Friday or Saturday night without 10 McDonalds ads per hour telling me subconsciously that 'If I love my family or my children or grand children that I should be taking them to Maccas'. FFS, I do love them and I refuse to take them there. I am not a sheep, but I know that most parents and especially most young people that watch that crap are brainwashed into visiting a Maccas or a KFC every time they are hungry....especially poor people who prefer to eat cheap meals with little nutritional value and high in salt and fats and sugar.

These are the same people who will probably end up obese, or sick, or get diabetes or possibly and end up with cancers if they are regular Maccas customers and the two major parties just keep ignoring the real problem.

There are so many diseases that have had a back seat to cancer and I think atm with Covid-19 it basically represents how fragile and costly it has been to our economy when there are stresses on our health care system. Unless a large percentage of people are assisted with better health, better nutrition and a better lifestyle (including a work/life-balance) we’ll be wasting money and resources in the wrong areas and not really addressing the fundamental issue of what it means to have ‘good health’.

Usually each year the politicians focus on cancer research and cancer drug funding and there is a huge amount of 'Hypocrisy' when it comes to 'health' and the health budget

Both the Libs/Nats and ALP want spend considerably more on cancer drugs each year and assisting people with cancer. That is fantastic but are they also ramping up funding for prevention and for education so that people have access to the right imformation on nutrition and the role that diet and lifestyle plays on people's long term health?? I don't think so

Funding and legislation is needed to assist in reducing the growing cost of drugs and drug treatments as opposed to the money needed for health prevention programs. Why don't they spend as much on educating and feeding people the right foods and providing health and wellbeing and fitness programs as they do on the industry that thrives AFTER people fall ill?
Then watch the footy on fox ffs..no ads, no drama and therefore no angst. :roll: simple f****** solution really.

I worry about myself, family and friends. Everyone else can look after themselves and eat what they f****** like afaic. Not my business. That's one of the problems of today. Everyone wants to tell everyone else what to do, eat and think ffs. :roll:

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I watch it on Kayo. Everything I need without the clutter or cost

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 27 Jun 2020 1:48pm
saintspremiers wrote: Sat 27 Jun 2020 9:42am Of the 30 new cases, only I think 8 were from routine testing.

How the f*** did 14 security guards at one hotel get the virus ffs, unless some very dodgy practised were being engaged in.
It’s a shambles. Should never have happened.

Andrews has a lot to answer for, it’s PPE management and training is Health 101. It’s not that hard.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Unless Dan is the owner of the security firm who won the contract at these hotels, or unless Dan is managing the quarantine, I'd say wtf are you talking about?

Don't worry. There will be consequences for those responsible and Dan won't be allowing idiots or crooked operators to be in charge of pandemic control.

Btw, it's comical how quiet all the federal Libs have been of late. Imagine if they were in charge in the early days here. They know that Victoria has the best leader in the country and we are on the right path to identify and restrict the spread

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 5:55pm Unless Dan is the owner of the security firm who won the contract at these hotels, or unless Dan is managing the quarantine, I'd say wtf are you talking about?

Don't worry. There will be consequences for those responsible and Dan won't be allowing idiots or crooked operators to be in charge of pandemic control.

Btw, it's comical how quiet all the federal Libs have been of late. Imagine if they were in charge in the early days here. They know that Victoria has the best leader in the country and we are on the right path to identify and restrict the spread
More f****** bulls***. Comrade Dan is a f****** disgrace and Victoria has become the virus centre of Australia and a laughing stock to all the other states and territories. Open your f****** eyes and your mind ffs. :roll: :roll: :roll:

There was something dodgy going on with those security staff and the chairman was going to give them the flick and replace them with army personal, but somehow backflipped at the last moment. Wouldn't be surprised if money didn't change hands as we all are aware how corrupt the Victoria Labor party is.

Darth Vader
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 5:55pm Unless Dan is the owner of the security firm who won the contract at these hotels, or unless Dan is managing the quarantine, I'd say wtf are you talking about?

What the? Regardless of who you vote for the results speak for themselves and the current uptick in Victoria are on Dan’s watch. If he’s the best leader we’re all stuffed.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Darth Vader wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 6:19pm

What the? Regardless of who you vote for the results speak for themselves and the current uptick in Victoria are on Dan’s watch. If he’s the best leader we’re all stuffed.
He's actually the worst f****** leader as far as the virus goes. f****** clueless. Stops Victorians from playing golf and fishing but doesn't have a problem with 10,000 rabid protesters cramming Melbourne's streets shoulder to shoulder.

With any luck sensible voters will give him the flick at the next election. Bet he will then earn himself a fortune brown nosing with the CCP.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

That’s hilarious! I guess with that logic, Scomo is to blame for the recession. It happened on his watch after all

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 6:59pm

That’s hilarious! I guess with that logic, Scomo is to blame for the recession. It happened on his watch after all
Now, that's just being bloody ridiculous.

takeaway
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 6:23pm

He's actually the worst f****** leader as far as the virus goes. f****** clueless. Stops Victorians from playing golf and fishing but doesn't have a problem with 10,000 rabid protesters cramming Melbourne's streets shoulder to shoulder.

With any luck sensible voters will give him the flick at the next election. Bet he will then earn himself a fortune brown nosing with the CCP.
Bit of a contradictory statement there. If he is given the flick, you could hardly call the voters "sensible". Who is the leader of the opposition again? I can't recall.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 7:18pm

Bit of a contradictory statement there. If he is given the flick, you could hardly call the voters "sensible". Who is the leader of the opposition again? I can't recall.

Doesn't really matter. Anyone would be better. Let's face it the guy is an unlikable prick. Even my 90 year old mother in law told me she really dislikes him and she doesn't even live in Victoria. She said that from just looking at him you can tell that there is something wrong with him. I have to agree.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

There have been no documented transmissions from the BLM protests.

If Dan was a real leader he would have flown off to Hawaii for a holiday when this thing kicked off, unfortunately for him borders were closed!

55-27 👍

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 7:52pm

If Dan was a real leader he would have flown off to Hawaii for a holiday when this thing kicked off, unfortunately for him borders were closed!

55-27 👍
Like the pricks would tell you anyway, chuck. :roll:
I have seen report of at least 3 dills who were at the protests who have since been diagnosed with the virus so stop spreading fake news ffs.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 8:42pm

55-27 👍
I have seen report of at least 3 dills who were at the protests who have since been diagnosed with the virus so stop spreading fake news ffs.
Yes 3 apparently had it, though didn’t spread it to anyone. I’m sure your mates at the HS are most disappointed!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 9:23pm

55-27 👍
Yes 3 apparently had it, though didn’t spread it to anyone. I’m sure your mates at the HS are most disappointed!
I wouldn't bet on that yet.Those socialist arseholes will never tell you the truth.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Ok back to football chat please.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Cats losing Stewart with a broken collarbone is a huge blow to their backline

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
shrodes
SS Life Member

Devilhead wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 10:04pm Cats losing Stewart with a broken collarbone is a huge blow to their backline
Stewart towelled us up last time with Richo's gameplan "Bomb it long to Stewart"

ace
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 8:28am
CURLY wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 8:47pm Nice of Eddie to pack up his team now Victoria has turned to s***. Guaranteed to get all there games in.
Victoria is fine. Andrews has overreacted. We should have 50 person limit in bars and restaurants.

Community transmission hasn’t skyrocketed- it’s stable.

Don’t drink the media hype.
Bars should be safe.
People who go to Eid celebrations at the end of Ramadan are supposed to have a religious belief that keeps them out of bars.
How woke is that, withholding the name of their religion, you have to guess.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 9:23pm
saynta wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 6:23pm He's actually the worst f****** leader as far as the virus goes. f****** clueless. Stops Victorians from playing golf and fishing but doesn't have a problem with 10,000 rabid protesters cramming Melbourne's streets shoulder to shoulder.

55-27 👍
Other people at the BLM are most angry at those 3, why couldn't they do what all the others who got infected did. Self isolate and not tell anyone. That way they would not make it into the statistics.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Jack Steven, I assume, no chance to play, and so the old 'play 'em against the old mob 'cause they'll give 200%' rule will not apply.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!