Gresham - where's he at?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gresham - where's he at?

It will take 12-18 months of Ratts as the head cockroach to wash away the 'Richo' effect

ace
Saintsational Legend

Howe injury far more serious and borderline on the "legs" rule.
Not quit a dive but Hopper was so low there was no way he was not going to end up on the ground.
Hopper hip into Howe's knee.
Broken legs and this sort of injury are why the legs rule was brought in.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Where's Gresham at?

In our best 22 - right where he should be :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Rushes his kicks and tries to kick it too hard... technique of around the body isn't working

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

ace wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 4:04pm
Trev from the Bush wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 11:47am Delist or trade. Failing that, assassinate his character. It's the Saintsational way, you know.
I don't care what any of you say, he is one of my favourite players.
Those who don't like him can trade themselves to Wuhan.
Ace, you don't understand sarcasm, do you?

Saint supporter since '62
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Completely understand that if you attack one of our own - especially after a good win, then certain supporters will come for you and plenty will defend the player.

The post two above says he belongs in our best 22. I'm curious as to how he has justified his spot this year, in a year when we barely have an injury? He is averaging 17 disposals (not bad, serviceable I guess, especially if he's using the ball well and kicking some goals)

In 2020 his disposal efficiency is 59% and he has kicked 3 behinds for the year. I'm not saying we should trade him, sack him, tear up his contract. But I am saying that his spot should be in jeopardy. In my view he should be dropped if he can't go to the fwd line. He deserves a little leeway as he has been a very good player for us the last couple of years when we have been poor. I guess I'm saying I don't reckon he's a midfielder. I don't believe that he's creative or sets things up. He has a small fwd mentality playing midfield. Baulk around opponents and try and get his kick in. In the fwd pocket that often results in goals or scores at least. In the midfield that often results in turnovers. He doesn't have clever hands in traffic and the only way he seems to be able to break the play open is by trying to run around guys. Mistakes in the fwd line are rarely as costly as anywhere else on the field. Milney used to be a shocker for getting caught with the ball, or trying to do the impossible. Giving away 50's etc. But we loved him because he could do the impossible and spark the team. Gresham cut with the same cloth. I would have hated to see Milney in the midfield though.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Where is he at ?
I hope he is in AFL mandated isolation.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 8:12pm
ace wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 4:04pm
Trev from the Bush wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 11:47am Delist or trade. Failing that, assassinate his character. It's the Saintsational way, you know.
I don't care what any of you say, he is one of my favourite players.
Those who don't like him can trade themselves to Wuhan.
Ace, you don't understand sarcasm, do you?
I realise you were being sarcastic but so many seem to want it to be true.
I like Gresham, I like the way he will try anything.

ace
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 2:20pm I'm finding it hard to judge this year because it is so hard to see what the players are doing when you're stuck with a telecast and, frankly, some pretty ordinary camerawork at that (I get there are pandemic issues but some of the shots last night caused me to scream at the tv much louder than any dubious (non) umpiring calls).

I was also critical of Gresh and then copped a look at his eye after the game. Holy hell. I can't believe he could see to play in the second half. Don't forget that Carlton thug fractured his eye socket and put him out last season. Reckon it was the same eye.

One eyed St Kilda player.
Never going to play anywhere else.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Acknowledge his talent and body of work; be patient for his form to improve. Looked to me like he was trying as hard as anyone in a team that really put in. 4 games in is all, and we are in the eight. He is class and perhaps from those in the wings waiting only Langlands looks to have the skill set to challenge his selection. Gresh's eye looked nasty so how about we cut him some deserved slack.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 11:40pm Completely understand that if you attack one of our own - especially after a good win, then certain supporters will come for you and plenty will defend the player.

The post two above says he belongs in our best 22. I'm curious as to how he has justified his spot this year, in a year when we barely have an injury? He is averaging 17 disposals (not bad, serviceable I guess, especially if he's using the ball well and kicking some goals)

In 2020 his disposal efficiency is 59% and he has kicked 3 behinds for the year. I'm not saying we should trade him, sack him, tear up his contract. But I am saying that his spot should be in jeopardy. In my view he should be dropped if he can't go to the fwd line. He deserves a little leeway as he has been a very good player for us the last couple of years when we have been poor. I guess I'm saying I don't reckon he's a midfielder. I don't believe that he's creative or sets things up. He has a small fwd mentality playing midfield. Baulk around opponents and try and get his kick in. In the fwd pocket that often results in goals or scores at least. In the midfield that often results in turnovers. He doesn't have clever hands in traffic and the only way he seems to be able to break the play open is by trying to run around guys. Mistakes in the fwd line are rarely as costly as anywhere else on the field. Milney used to be a shocker for getting caught with the ball, or trying to do the impossible. Giving away 50's etc. But we loved him because he could do the impossible and spark the team. Gresham cut with the same cloth. I would have hated to see Milney in the midfield though.
Gresh played midfield through TAC Cup and starred - think you need to be a little more patient given his recent injury issue and that it is his first season thru the midfield at a senior level

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/nor ... 4bfefad277

You should revisit again the way he teamed up with Ryder v Bulldogs

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Carlton supporter :D

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 2:55pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 1:04pm You can't discount the gap year phenomenon, it's why the performances and results are so inconsistent. Some weeks a player feels up to it, the next he doesn't.
100% made-up bullsh*t
Morining Cuddles ❤❤❤

https://amp.theage.com.au/sport/afl/unf ... 556tb.html

Secret Kiel
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 3:55pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 1:04pm You can't discount the gap year phenomenon, it's why the performances and results are so inconsistent. Some weeks a player feels up to it, the next he doesn't.
Dont understand your theory.
What is it?
Are they allowed to try when they like it?
What other coronavirus conspiracy theories do you have?
Gold Coast Suns will win the Asterisk Cup ans Mat Rowell will wiin the Norm Smith medal and Brownlow.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Well West Coast really seem up and about.

:D

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Mon 29 Jun 2020 9:48am Well West Coast really seem up and about.

:D
Adam Simpson has already officially announced they aren't taking this year's comp seriously. I think it's a good strategy and it allows the Gold Coast a chance to win some silverware and Gil to pocket his performance bonus by getting his franchise to win a flag.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 29 Jun 2020 7:01am
100% made-up bullsh*t
Morining Cuddles ❤❤❤

Did you watch any footy on the weekend?

My favourite bit of the article was this one...

One could argue that the competition is compromised even in peacetime, that the fixture - and simple fact that the grand final is played at the MCG - demonstrates that footy has never had the proverbial level playing field. WA teams have long noted that they travel across the Nullabor fortnightly, while Melbourne teams play most games within a few kilometres.

Talking about articles, have you found the one about the soft tissue tsunami, or Port players ripping hamstrings off the bone, or "Metro and National" combined tv ratings dropping 1M, or any player "some weeks feeling up to it, the next he doesn't"...

:)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Sun 28 Jun 2020 3:55pm
Dont understand your theory.
What is it?
Are they allowed to try when they like it?
What other coronavirus conspiracy theories do you have?
He went early with the "sky is falling" narrative, and instead of changing position when new information is presented, he's done the Trump thing and just doubled and tripled down on it even though the evidence clearly shows otherwise.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Mon 29 Jun 2020 10:46am
100% made-up bullsh*t
Morining Cuddles ❤❤❤

One could argue that the competition is compromised even in peacetime, that the fixture - and simple fact that the grand final is played at the MCG - demonstrates that footy has never had the proverbial level playing field. WA teams have long noted that they travel across the Nullabor fortnightly, while Melbourne teams play most games within a few kilometres.

Talking about articles, have you found the one about the soft tissue tsunami, or Port players ripping hamstrings off the bone, or "Metro and National" combined tv ratings dropping 1M, or any player "some weeks feeling up to it, the next he doesn't"...

I haven't watched 1 minute of play this season and I have never been more engaged which is making my footy knowledge more informed than it ever has been.

The soft tissue injuries are mounting too I see from this round which is consistent with my prediction, I expect the toll will grow significantly from this point forward now the match loading is going up. I bet you've noticed how the clubs have been executing pre season game-load increases during matches for 4 points. It's very subtle but you your keen eye would have picked that up I'm certain hey cuddles.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 29 Jun 2020 10:54am
The_Dud wrote: Mon 29 Jun 2020 10:46am
100% made-up bullsh*t
Morining Cuddles ❤❤❤

I haven't watched 1 minute of play this season and I have never been more engaged which is making my footy knowledge more informed than it ever has been.

The soft tissue injuries are mounting too I see from this round which is consistent with my prediction, I expect the toll will grow significantly from this point forward now the match loading is going up. I bet you've noticed how the clubs have been executing pre season game-load increases during matches for 4 points. It's very subtle but you your keen eye would have picked that up I'm certain hey cuddles.
So that's a "no" then on any actual facts or evidence to back up any of your trolling?

What a surprise :)

Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Mon 29 Jun 2020 10:57am
So that's a "no" then on any actual facts or evidence to back up any of your trolling?

It's ok Cuddles, it's the internet, if it is distressing for you then I suggest hugging your favorite team teddy.❤❤❤.

Did your cardboard cutout have fun at the footy on the weekend. ❤❤❤

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 29 Jun 2020 11:23am
The_Dud wrote: Mon 29 Jun 2020 10:57am

It's ok Cuddles, it's the internet, if it is distressing for you then I suggest hugging your favorite team teddy.❤❤❤.

Did your cardboard cutout have fun at the footy on the weekend. ❤❤❤
:D :D :) :) :wink: