Nicky Winmar suing Sam Newman and co-hosts for attempt to revise historical moment

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nicky Winmar suing Sam Newman and co-hosts for attempt to revise historical moment

I watched the Australian Dream doco the other day.

When Nicky Winmar fought back against the hatred and stood up against the vitriol from the crowd...the racists just thought STFU

The path to reconciliation should be all inclusive but Johnnie Howard made sure the white Anglo majority took control of the pace and the scope of change. When blackfellas engage in discussion and want to be treated as equals then the majority will just want the blackfella to STFU

STFU is exactly what the White majority said (led by the Murdoch press) when Adam Goodes declared Australia day as “Invasion Day”

Goodes only started understanding who he was and what his mother and her family endured after he became a star AFL footballer. He wasn’t aware that his mum had been taken from her birthmother. She was part of the stolen generation.

I understand know that he was sad, angry and hurt because of what his mum and thousands of blackfella communities went through. He was admired and loved by most...up until he started speaking out against racism.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nicky Winmar suing Sam Newman and co-hosts for attempt to revise historical moment

asiu wrote: Mon 06 Jul 2020 12:56pm nice read

gaz bows his head
in your families general direction

good work that mob

the ... dropping standards observation
was particularly striking

i listen to the indigenous mobs
from across the planet
(with a healers ear)

and it’s hard work
even given the Continuing Betrayal of Our First Peoples

to find those
who have allowed their righteous anger
to turn into hatred

for : thats the line.

... below that , the pond slime reign.
My father felt it the most I fear, the anger. He was a byproduct of the exploitation that his forefathers bestowed upon the local Koorie when they settled in on their land. His great grandfather, a tobacco grower sowed his seed within the soils around Myrtleford and there was a spillover when local women came to pick and dry the tobacco.

At the point when the Yorta Yorta were being driven from their lands, a young Koorie woman with a white, green eyed, fair haired baby presented at the old man's house and begged that he raise his child, for fear that it would be caught up in the chase and the whole mob punished.

The old boys wife, my step gg grandmother (For want of a better description) took pity and the rest is a hidden shame until I heard my dad's cousin retell the tale. My dad had left them all behind at 14. Shame. Stigma. Fear. Anger. Rage. Hatred.
My dad tried to protect us...... from ourselves. He just wanted us to be and do our best without the stigma that others may place upon us. He needn't have bothered, by then I was indoctrinated into the heritage of my mother, twice removed from the shame.

I'm a mongrel. Built to survive, adapt and thrive. Lol.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

a bit of mongrel is ok

can access some of that myself
should the coming circumstance demand

my family of origin
was white psychopath
(of which his families history was gamblers drunks priests and nuns)
+
a direct line via the women folk to the Nuenonne
of Bruny

i was the first born

i knew more about Mum
than mum knew about mum
... as i arrived

mum was 17

slave labour , as were all the sisters ,
on the potato farm

never , did my mum (the first born of 7)

receive a hug
from either parent

how f***ed up is that !!

she’d never had a birthday party either
till my sis ‘n i
arranged one for her 70th

the women folk
became
as they were programmed to be

indoctrinated with the emotional cold
of the the self satisfied

still ,
till this day

she talks of them ,
not us

but Mum ran an energetic program
beneath that ‘white’ exterior
of

Do the Right Thing
(regardless of cost)

and her first born vibrated that Reality also
+
carried well learnt lessons regarding
the mongrel of the psychopath

first thing i remember
(for me , ‘personally’)
is the Instruction ... see High

then knowing
i had to teach myMum how to hug

and ... to Be , Who my birthright ,
asks of me to Be.

a white blackfella

side note

the first two boys
hung in Victoria
were Nuenonne boys

hanging doesn’t work !
... besides a serious ongoing discomfort with a cold neck

Here , I Am , again.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

There you are.

My mum passed in 2000 and left my dad without a home, broken and longing for death. While I'm sure a few car crashes in that period may have been an attempt to reunite with her, some broken ribs, a fractured sternum and a broken arm couldn't kill him.

In recovery he met a woman who help him heal. He remarried a few years later but a hard working life had caught up with him and he had a choice to make. Dialysis or independence.

The tobacco farm had been sold after the licenses were bought back by the government. Like they way the moved in, his family moved out when the crops were done and the profit was gone.

He took his new wife on a day trip to the place where he grew up, now a Walnut farm. A sign on the gate said 'For sale'.

Homeless and with a fat was of cash earnt from years of hard work toil and determination, he decided he would buy it.

A 2 acre section with his g grandfather's house still standing, drying sheds in the distance and sense of calm all around. It was a beautiful place.

He died there in 2010, tending his garden. Long may he rest in peace.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

awwww , thats nice
passing over from the garden

beautiful ... Vale that man.

Vale Mum , as well , of course

‘n no doubt ,
They are both ongoingly proud of their boy.

onya bloke

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-09/ ... r/12437238

"Racism is taught. No one is born a racist," Holding said.

"The environment in which you grow, the society in which you live, encourages and teaches racism."

"I was never taught anything good about black people. You cannot have a society brought up like that, both black and white, only teaching what's convenient to the teacher.

"History is written by the conqueror, not those who are conquered. History is written by the people who do the harm, not by the people who get harmed.

"We need to go back and teach both sides of history and until we do that and educate the entire human race, this thing will not stop."

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Thu 09 Jul 2020 10:23pm https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-09/ ... r/12437238

"The environment in which you grow, the society in which you live, encourages and teaches racism."

"I was never taught anything good about black people. You cannot have a society brought up like that, both black and white, only teaching what's convenient to the teacher.

"History is written by the conqueror, not those who are conquered. History is written by the people who do the harm, not by the people who get harmed.

"We need to go back and teach both sides of history and until we do that and educate the entire human race, this thing will not stop."
A documentary called Blue Eyes/Brown Eyes by Jane Elliot that illustrates your point really well. There are a lot of racists who don't even know what racism is but truly believe they aren't racist. I'd recomend that doco to Joffa Burns, Ace and Mcadam05 and even the moderator of this board. It's a great learning tool for those that haven't yet grasped the message of what it means to make a stand against racism or for those who feel uncomfortable about the topic. This video also captures really well how a lot of Australians are when it comes to thier understanding of rasism.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 8:27am
Scollop wrote: Thu 09 Jul 2020 10:23pm https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-09/ ... r/12437238

A documentary called Blue Eyes/Brown Eyes by Jane Elliot that illustrates your point really well. There are a lot of racists who don't even know what racism is but truly believe they aren't racist. I'd recomend that doco to Joffa Burns, Ace and Mcadam05 and even the moderator of this board. It's a great learning tool for those that haven't yet grasped the message of what it means to make a stand against racism or for those who feel uncomfortable about the topic. This video also captures really well how a lot of Australians are when it comes to thier understanding of rasism.

What actually could have been terrific addition to some quality posts, shared experiences and beliefs has turned into just another opportunity to call people, you disagree with, racists. Including the moderator. Not because they are or aren't but because they did not bow to your "learnings". Thanks teacher, I think that was a gutless, petty, sanctimonious, "look & listen to me" post we've come to expect from you.

Then you don't stop at the posters and the moderator but call out "a lot of Australians", thank you Ghandi. How many is "a lot"? Are they all white? Does all this ease your conscience? Have you chosen a brand new set of mates yet? Or is this your only vehicle to "call out" racism?

And please, before you google some more life experiences, learn to spell "their" and "racism". People may not dismiss you so easily and take you seriously.

P.S.: Let people enjoy the football season that is. We know you don't rate it, just stop polluting each thread with a tiresome, unfunny commentary on the season, including your faux "inside" knowledge of what clubs and players are thinking. Again this does not give you any credibility or currency.

See you in 2021, whatever nic you may be under by then. Even PM me if you want to have a beer in the social club once this is all over. Cheers

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kickhead wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 8:27am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cairnsman wrote: Fri 01 Feb 2019 9:13pm The bloke that started this thread and everyone else that came in and backed him would be quickly sorted with a punch to the head in a pub. They call it a pub test. It's a sooks argument. Let's talk footy.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 6:13pm

What actually could have been terrific addition to some quality posts, shared experiences and beliefs has turned into just another opportunity to call people, you disagree with, racists. Including the moderator. Not because they are or aren't but because they did not bow to your "learnings". Thanks teacher, I think that was a gutless, petty, sanctimonious, "look & listen to me" post we've come to expect from you.

Then you don't stop at the posters and the moderator but call out "a lot of Australians", thank you Ghandi. How many is "a lot"? Are they all white? Does all this ease your conscience? Have you chosen a brand new set of mates yet? Or is this your only vehicle to "call out" racism?

And please, before you google some more life experiences, learn to spell "their" and "racism". People may not dismiss you so easily and take you seriously.

P.S.: Let people enjoy the football season that is. We know you don't rate it, just stop polluting each thread with a tiresome, unfunny commentary on the season, including your faux "inside" knowledge of what clubs and players are thinking. Again this does not give you any credibility or currency.

See you in 2021, whatever nic you may be under by then. Even PM me if you want to have a beer in the social club once this is all over. Cheers
There's a lot of irony in your post and it clearly illustrates how uncomfortable you are with the topic.
Last edited by Secret Kiel on Sat 11 Jul 2020 10:40am, edited 1 time in total.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 8:24pm
Secret Kickhead wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020 8:27am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cairnsman wrote: Fri 01 Feb 2019 9:13pm The bloke that started this thread and everyone else that came in and backed him would be quickly sorted with a punch to the head in a pub. They call it a pub test. It's a sooks argument. Let's talk footy.

Darth Vader
Club Player

Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 10:25am

There's a lot of irony in your post and it clearly illiterates how uncomfortable you are with the topic.
Illiterate? Freudian?

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Darth Vader wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 10:28am
Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 10:25am

There's a lot of irony in your post and it clearly illiterates how uncomfortable you are with the topic.
Illiterate? Freudian?
❤❤❤

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

[/quote]

There's a lot of irony in your post and it clearly illustrates how uncomfortable you are with the topic.
[/quote]

Nothing like bowing to your stupidity once it gets pointed out - personally I liked illiterates. The most impressive thing about your post though was the correct spelling of "There". Well done Champ.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 11:14am
[/quote]

Nothing like bowing to your stupidity once it gets pointed out - personally I liked illiterates. The most impressive thing about your post though was the correct spelling of "There". Well done Champ.
[/quote]

This topic really upsets you doesn't it.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 11:45am
[/quote]

[/quote]

Back to your old tricks. Asking a question of someone that you A) believe you know the answer to B) a validation of your self righteousness C) gives you a belief of moral superiority.

I do know the topic doesn't upset me as much as spelling upsets, confuses and challenges you.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 12:00pm
[/quote]

Back to your old tricks. Asking a question of someone that you A) believe you know the answer to B) a validation of your self righteousness C) gives you a belief of moral superiority.

I do know the topic doesn't upset me as much as spelling upsets, confuses and challenges you.
[/quote]

Such anger and hatred. You've got it bad. Did you have a bad experience perience or was it just passed down to you?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 3:29pm

[/quote]

Such anger and hatred. You've got it bad. Did you have a bad experience perience or was it just passed down to you?
[/quote]

Pardon?

"Hey Google, spell 'their'"

"Hey Google, what's a proof read?"

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:47pm

[/quote]

Pardon?

[/quote]

Hey Google, what is racism?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:51pm

Pardon?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Congratulations, you've learnt something.

Now try, t...h...e...i...r

HINT: Don’t sound it out, it will only confuse you.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:57pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:51pm

Pardon?

[/quote]

Congratulations, you've learnt something.

Now try, t...h...e...i...r

HINT: Don’t sound it out, it will only confuse you.
[/quote]

Such hatred and anger. Open your heart up and hatred leave and love in.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

[/quote]

[/quote]
Proof read Champ, you are embarrassing yourself

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:08pm
[/quote]
[/quote]

Do you want some help to code your posts properly so the quoting is successful?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:27pm
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks but all good Champ. Your response was very well written. Another breakthrough.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:51pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:27pm
[/quote]

Thanks but all good Champ. Your response was very well written. Another breakthrough.
[/quote]

I like you.