Positives

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st sandy
Club Player

Positives

Thought i would start the standard "positives" thread.

My positive is that our score last night would have beaten the hawks
I just get this warm inner glow knowing that Hawthorn continue to slide - they have Eagles & Port next
I am looking forward to the next round of discussions in the media for Clarkson v Kennett - for the born to succeed, the year has gone & "hawks lack vision". OMG - can that be true
Well know researcher Wilco W. van Dijkf found that somebody enjoys the misfortune of others, then there's something in that misfortune that is good for the person
After last night - yep!!

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: Positives

I think a positive is that we will learn from hedging our bets. Geelong out manoeuvred us in prepping for this block of games. They identified us as the must win as they play Port next, so they banked us.

We failed to do either, full strength or full rest, noble but self defeating in hindsight. It gives us a chance to atone next match, win that and it's a huge positive.

Steele, Billings & Bytel all positives.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

st sandy wrote: Tue 11 Aug 2020 11:42am Thought i would start the standard "positives" thread.

My positive is that our score last night would have beaten the hawks
I just get this warm inner glow knowing that Hawthorn continue to slide - they have Eagles & Port next
I am looking forward to the next round of discussions in the media for Clarkson v Kennett - for the born to succeed, the year has gone & "hawks lack vision". OMG - can that be true
Well know researcher Wilco W. van Dijkf found that somebody enjoys the misfortune of others, then there's something in that misfortune that is good for the person
After last night - yep!!
Bytel was the positive from last night. Impressive debut.
Interesting that you mention Hawthorn. When we did the deal with them swapping pick 10 for three picks they gave up almost two years worth of draft picks. I thought at the time this won’t hurt now but in 3-5 years, when the kids they could have drafted should be coming through, it’s going to hurt. That time is now. I wonder what they are thinking when they look at players like Clarke, Long and Battle.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Sanctorum
Club Player

The positive out of this massive hiding is that the team should now understand where they're at, and the selectors will realise that going in to a big game against a really strong side with a single ruckman up against 2 experienced talls was a big mistake!

Having knocked off the top team on Adelaide Oval a few weeks ago the players may well have got a bit ahead of themselves, and they can now work out exactly what they need to do get back on track against the Bombers next Sunday.

Jack Bytel was most certainly a big positive, he looks ready-made for the midfield, strong-bodied and showed a lot of composure in hist first game, a very promising debut!

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

No injuries

Also very surprised we had more inside 50s ...quality might not have been great but still

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

No injuries (blood nose doesn't count)

Timely reminder that you cannot fumble or fluff about with the Cats - the team is too big physically and has too many class players so errors are punished by scores or hard knocks. Will help when playing Eagles.

Bytel, of course and Ed Phillips cameo goals showed something. Menegola showed Phillips something as well.

Confirmation that either Abbott or Paddy should be in the side. Probably.

Effort and bravery in a hopeless cause. Appreciated chaps.

Long has another game under his belt to build towards pre-suspension form.

Trades of Stanley and Steven were good decisions all in all.

Got that once in a season ball floating over the pack and bouncing through for a goal thing out of the way.

Carslisle and Howard do not require corrective lenses after looking at Hawkins all night, although both treated for seasickness like symptoms.

Dangerfield can still throw with impunity, I had worried that was going to be umpired out of his game.

Did not have to listen to commentators call "little master" 101 times.

Selwood was quiet. ish.

King and others have learned about the subtle art of bumping an opponent off the ball in a marking contest when said ball is halfway to the contest. Stewart, Touhy, Rowan, Taylor and Hawkins are expert at double and triple teaming to make it look accidental or done out of umpires line of sight - they are really very good at that. Learn't : don't play into their hands, sides, shoulders, hips etc..

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Phillips looked more at home and would have got alot of confidence from that outing

Bytel ditto

Kent in the second half did alot of good work and looked to be trying to lift his teammates...seems to have matured.

Wilkie and Steele are our 2 most consistent performers

Nee!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Final siren.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

The big positive is its a day after as I thought I was trapped in a huge night mare last night...

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I'd rather beat Essendon than the Cats - so long as we do that I am okay with it. We'll have won two-thirds of our matches and be headed for finals.

After that we play Brisbane at the 'Gabba, Eagles, and GWS (in Qld) in the last 6 matches. Sunday is suddenly very important.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.