Umpires

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Umpires

Yes 14 - Umpire Terrible.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Peanut Farm wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 8:50pm They were average. Tonight proves that Hodge hates the Saints. Has that prick ever said anything positive about us?
Nope

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 9:47pm Yes 14 - Umpire Terrible.
My apologies - I've finally found my glasses - it was Umpire 22 who was terrible.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

The worst decision was the last goal of the game.

Bruce puts two hands on his opponent’s shoulders and attempts a speckie, gets nowhere near it, but no free is paid.

Seconds later the Helmeted Dwarf Troll ducks into a tackle and gets a free, 20m out. The umpire blew the whistle at almost the exact microsecond contact was made, as if he was waiting for it.

Inexcusable incompetence at such a critical stage.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

The Dogs we’re playing for frees. They were pulling the defenders arms down when they Saint defenders were spoiling drawing the too high free. It worked 3 times. They also pin the arm of the tackler drawing the holding the man. They sucked umps in time after time.

The umps need to be better...something official needs to said. Its as bad as staging, nearly won them the game.

Winmore
Club Player

They sucked, but we won. I am glad I don’t care about it tonight.

St Plugger
Club Player

The Dogs are out so maybe the AFL will choose another favoured species who would help their " image". They love a "Fairy Tale" so it's probably out of us and Brissy atm.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Don't like bring the umpires into a positive outcome but IMO they gave the Dog's a pretty good run & we still won so I'm content for this week anyway

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I hate it when the umpires play into Curlys hands on the very odd occasion giving him the opportunity to rant and rave. Unfortunately this game they did but looking forward to ignoring next week‘s conspiracy theory rubbish

BadRossco
Club Player

Often think Curly may be a bit harsh on the umps but can only agree after today I know my eyesight is not what it once was but think I may have seen the umpires as well as the doggies shedding a tear after the final siren.
The umpiring should have been expected as a look at the free kick ratios over the last few years have the dogs up there with the filth and the Eagles get a good run at home.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Agreed
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Sun 04 Oct 2020 10:03am, edited 2 times in total.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
happy feet
Club Player

Well I never thought I would see the Umpires crucify the WCE at home but it’s happening now. Free kick Collingwood........

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Even in the last 20 seconds the umpires were just atrocious.

Soft free to Keath against Max. Totally ridiculous and soft. I think from the same prick too.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
ace
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 8:21pm
CURLY wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 8:19pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 8:18pm
johnearljames wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 8:18pm
CURLY wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 8:15pm 15-8 in a game that was close with us leading for the majority. Dogs 4 goals from frees us 1 forward 50 free.
They were f****** horrible in the Dogs F50 but ok everywhere else.
If you take a blokes head off you have to pay the free no matter where on the ground it is Ted.
Wallis free???
The one for chopping the arms was a mistake, all the others looked there to me, however unfortunate.
I don't mind the umpires paying frees for arm chops but they have to pay them all.
Then we would see Max King kick 10 goals.
The difference was plain dishonest but that's what the AFL wants the umpires to do - keep both teams in the game to the end.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 11:23pm Well I never thought I would see the Umpires crucify the WCE at home but it’s happening now. Free kick Collingwood........
AFL need Collingwood in the finals they are a cash cow. The umpires basically wrapped up a finals win for Collingwood tonight.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 10:09pm The Dogs were playing for frees. They were pulling the defenders arms down when they Saint defenders were spoiling drawing the too high free. It worked 3 times. They also pin the arm of the tackler drawing the holding the man. They sucked umps in time after time.

The umps need to be better...something official needs to said. Its as bad as staging, nearly won them the game.
This!

As well as that little muppet Wallis always launches himself forward at the very slightest touch - I watched for it - because he did the same several times the first time we played this year!

The last image you can see how close the Ump is - but still does not call it as play on.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Bruce puts his hand on Howard's shoulders and goes for specie with minutes to go and no free. King barely touches Keath and get a free against him 30 seconds later. Same umpire (22) too.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintkev
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 11:26pm Even in the last 20 seconds the umpires were just atrocious.

Soft free to Keath against Max. Totally ridiculous and soft. I think from the same prick too.
What goes around, comes around. The Eagles are a bunch of in your face whingers. Their supporters sook even when they get the rub of decisions. It’ll be bliss as a West Aussie Saints supporter this week! 😁🍻

Linton Street Saint
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 10:03am
Leo.J wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 10:09pm The Dogs were playing for frees. They were pulling the defenders arms down when they Saint defenders were spoiling drawing the too high free. It worked 3 times. They also pin the arm of the tackler drawing the holding the man. They sucked umps in time after time.

This!

As well as that little muppet Wallis always launches himself forward at the very slightest touch - I watched for it - because he did the same several times the first time we played this year!

The last image you can see how close the Ump is - but still does not call it as play on.

I was filthy as this from the first instance ( the first image ) and called him a cheat for the rest of the match.

St. Kilda need to send this through with a please explain. Media and commentators jump on Ben Long when he didn't even make contact with the head and then let this absolute rot go through to the keeper.

That feeling in the pit of your stomach today Wallis. Deserved

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 10:03am

This!

Just to be clear. This is two seperate incidents. The free against Wilkie in the first and against Howard in the second. I’m sure there was a third one.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

And both should have been frees to the St Kilda player for holding. The MVP should also cite him.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

saintkev wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 11:08am
SaintPav wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 11:26pm Even in the last 20 seconds the umpires were just atrocious.

What goes around, comes around. The Eagles are a bunch of in your face whingers. Their supporters sook even when they get the rub of decisions. It’ll be bliss as a West Aussie Saints supporter this week! 😁🍻
My boss is one of those 'head up a##e' WCE supporters with no brain...I'm gonna give it to her all week :-)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 8:15pm 15-8 in a game that was close with us leading for the majority. Dogs 4 goals from frees us 1 forward 50 free.
I share your frustration Curly.

We need to get all our small guys - like Lonie - helmets so the umpire will notice them when they duck into tackles.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saintkev wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 11:08am
SaintPav wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 11:26pm Even in the last 20 seconds the umpires were just atrocious. Pop

Yes indeed. Losing by 1 point in front of an uber parochial home crowd in an elimination final. It couldn’t happen to a more deserving bunch. Ahhhhh the schadenfreude.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 8:33pm This wasnt a game at 4.40pm on a sunday afternoon at docklands.

This was an elimination final.

And they pay that s***.

Disgraceful.

Absolutely disgraceful umpiring.

That last quarter was an abortion.
Yep. The umpire knew he’d cocked up when he paid the high tackle to Daniels after he clearly ducked into it. You could see it written on his face.

Whatever happened to putting the whistle away in a tight final?