HIGGINS DEAL DONE

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bakes
Club Player

Re: HIGGINS DEAL DONE

This is a bloody good trade. We only go down 4 spots and still get one of the best kids in the country.

Giving away a 2nd round pick, who cares, it's a lottery when you have a pick in the late 30's.

More importantly, we will be using a first round pick this year and not trading it away.

Which means that come trade time in 2021, we will have the option of landing a very big fish through trading away our 2021 first round pick and 2022 first round pick.

2022 is looking like the year we will have a realistic shot at the flag.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Another example of us getting it done once a player nominated us.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

silverhalo wrote: Thu 12 Nov 2020 2:49pm
ace wrote: Thu 12 Nov 2020 2:42pm So first round pick swap, our 2021 second round but a 2021 4th rounder coming back.
I personally don't think we've paid overs there, I honestly think that's a fair deal - wasn't expecting that future 4th rounder coming back. Trust me, we haven't seen the best of Jack yet, he's a ripper, fantastic get Saints.....welcome to the Saints Jack!
I thought if we'd got Jack for the 1st round pick slide and the future 2nd round then we'd have slightly won that one (he was a pick 17 originally for a reason - he can bloody play). But the 4th round back to us definitely tips that in our favour. It's one of those ones you package up with a 3rd (or the 4th we got in the Hill deal) to trade back into the 2nd round.

Very good bit of business there by our fellas. Very.

Go Saints!!

Go you red, black & white warriors
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

So basically we got Crouch and Higgins for a second round pick. Given that a middle to late second round pick only gives you a 40% chance of picking a player who makes the grade, that is an outstanding return. I reckon that'll be it, now. Go to the draft with pick 21

silverhalo
Club Player

Saintmatt wrote: Thu 12 Nov 2020 3:07pm
silverhalo wrote: Thu 12 Nov 2020 2:49pm
ace wrote: Thu 12 Nov 2020 2:42pm So first round pick swap, our 2021 second round but a 2021 4th rounder coming back.
I personally don't think we've paid overs there, I honestly think that's a fair deal - wasn't expecting that future 4th rounder coming back. Trust me, we haven't seen the best of Jack yet, he's a ripper, fantastic get Saints.....welcome to the Saints Jack!
I thought if we'd got Jack for the 1st round pick slide and the future 2nd round then we'd have slightly won that one (he was a pick 17 originally for a reason - he can bloody play). But the 4th round back to us definitely tips that in our favour. It's one of those ones you package up with a 3rd (or the 4th we got in the Hill deal) to trade back into the 2nd round.

Very good bit of business there by our fellas. Very.

Go Saints!!
100%

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Now official

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
ace
Saintsational Legend

https://www.saints.com.au/news/835652/s ... ag-higgins

Jack Higgins has traded in his sash for stripes after a deal was confirmed between St Kilda and Richmond Football Clubs earlier today.

The contracted Tiger joins the Saints along with pick No. 21 and Richmond's 2021 fourth-round selection.

In exchange, Richmond will receive pick No. 17 and the Saints' 2021 second-round selection.

A first-round draft pick in the 2017 AFL Draft, the 21-year-old will reunite with former teammate Dan Butler in Season 2021 at RSEA Park, adding to the Saints’ small forward and midfield stocks.

Head of List Management James Gallagher said Higgins would provide a great deal of spark to St Kilda’s offensive end and gel nicely with the growing group.

“It’s terrific for us to acquire Jack’s services and add another dynamic mid/forward to our list,” Gallagher said.

“He’s a player with incredible enthusiasm and we’re really excited to see what he can bring in his new colours along with Brad Crouch and Shaun McKernan.
Last edited by ace on Thu 12 Nov 2020 4:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Thu 12 Nov 2020 3:21pm So basically we got Crouch and Higgins for a second round pick. Given that a middle to late second round pick only gives you a 40% chance of picking a player who makes the grade, that is an outstanding return. I reckon that'll be it, now. Go to the draft with pick 21
Hmmm...let that sink in.....

Good work Gags

Nee!