Tassie's Ultimation to AFL:

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tassie's Ultimation to AFL:

Saynta,

I don’t care if you like or dislike Tassie, doesn’t bother me one little bit?
Since leaving there, I have lived in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide. Even though I have been gone from Tas most of my life, it’ll always be home to me, I love the place.

How long since you’ve lived in Tas, seems like you have a problem with the place and didn’t appreciate its lifestyle

You also don’t seem to know much about the people there? How long were you there??

You obviously weren’t native

Tasmanian born people love their home state

Just ask Nick Riewoldt what he thinks of the place

And he left when he was 9

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Am not a native but love Tassie
Gave Hobart some serious consideration when we were looking for a place to settle down

Canberra was def not on the list... a drop in city on the way to throughly to anywhere the $&@/ else

saynta
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 4:57pm Saynta,

I don’t care if you like or dislike Tassie, doesn’t bother me one little bit?
Since leaving there, I have lived in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide. Even though I have been gone from Tas most of my life, it’ll always be home to me, I love the place.

How long since you’ve lived in Tas, seems like you have a problem with the place and didn’t appreciate its lifestyle

You also don’t seem to know much about the people there? How long were you there??

You obviously weren’t native

Tasmanian born people love their home state

Just ask Nick Riewoldt what he thinks of the place

And he left when he was 9
No not a native. I'm a Victorian born and bred.

Turned 18 in Victoria in what was one of the best years of my life.

Unfortunately went to live in Tasmania in Jan of the next year where I remained for the next three years.

Worst years of my life. As said I hated the place .

Glad to leave in 1966 when I followed my parents to Canberra..

Only ignorant people put s*** on Canberra which I grew to love.

Only trouble is it's no longer a secret and too many people have moved there in recent years.

I did travel back to Tassie for work purposes in years gone by .Both to Hobart and Launceston. Neither had changed in the past 50 years as far as I could tell.

The Billings Method
Club Player

I worked for 5 years in Canberra. I must say I enjoyed it. I did have a girlfriend with a holiday shack at Broulee on the coast near Bateman's Bay, which obviously helped.

If I was raising children, I would choose Canberra as a destination. Great schools, safe environment, great roads, lots of nature on the doorstep and cultural activities galore. A bit Stepford in atmosphere, but plenty of interest in AFL. A good place for a part time AFL presence. Manila is a wonderful venue.

If alcohol can damage your short term memory, imagine what damage alcohol could do.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Billings Method wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 6:18pm I worked for 5 years in Canberra. I must say I enjoyed it. I did have a girlfriend with a holiday shack at Broulee on the coast near Bateman's Bay, which obviously helped.

If I was raising children, I would choose Canberra as a destination. Great schools, safe environment, great roads, lots of nature on the doorstep and cultural activities galore. A bit Stepford in atmosphere, but plenty of interest in AFL. A good place for a part time AFL presence. Manila is a wonderful venue.
Manuka.😇😇

Yep.Snow and beaches only two hours away.

My parents had a beach house at Mollymook. Beautiful.

Canberra is in my view the most liveable city in Australia.

No serial killers like Adelaide. No car jacking, home invasions and killer drivers like Melbourne. Not remote like Perth and Hobart. No traffic jams like Sydney and best of all no covid.

And no f****** lockdowns.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Last edited by saynta on Sat 13 Feb 2021 7:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Billings Method
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 6:29pm
The Billings Method wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 6:18pm I worked for 5 years in Canberra. I must say I enjoyed it. I did have a girlfriend with a holiday shack at Broulee on the coast near Bateman's Bay, which obviously helped.

Manuka.😇😇
So is Manila, Saynta! Bloody auto correct. The man who invented it died yesterday. His funnel is next Monkey Moaning.

If alcohol can damage your short term memory, imagine what damage alcohol could do.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

See, it’s up to individual taste
I find Canberra boring, sterile and you’re right, it’s two hours from a beach and two hours from anywhere else interesting.

Hobart remote? Hardly...

It’s an hour by plane from Melbourne, 1:45 from Sydney?

I think you’d be in the minority of people who ‘hate’ Tassie

I can guarantee tourism Tasmania does a bit better than Canberra
Coles bay, Frecinet, bay of fires, Swansea, Strahan, Stanley, Port Arthur, Table Cape, Boat Harbour, Walls of Jerusalem, Cradle Mountain, Richmond, Port Arthur
Then of course
Launceston’s Cataract Gorge and hill side suburbs
Hobart’s Mt Wellington and Dockside

Yeah
s*** place...

The Billings Method
Club Player

But full of hillbillies and inbreds.😂😂😂😂

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Canberra, Hobart, Melbourne, Sydney, who cares!? Everyone knows cities are for d**kheads, and the country life is where it’s at 👍

😉

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 7:12pm See, it’s up to individual taste
I find Canberra boring, sterile and you’re right, it’s two hours from a beach and two hours from anywhere else interesting.

Hobart remote? Hardly...

It’s an hour by plane from Melbourne, 1:45 from Sydney?

I think you’d be in the minority of people who ‘hate’ Tassie

I can guarantee tourism Tasmania does a bit better than Canberra
Coles bay, Frecinet, bay of fires, Swansea, Strahan, Stanley, Port Arthur, Table Cape, Boat Harbour, Walls of Jerusalem, Cradle Mountain, Richmond, Port Arthur
Then of course
Launceston’s Cataract Gorge and hill side suburbs
Hobart’s Mt Wellington and Dockside

Yeah
s*** place...
I used to live above the Cataract Gorge in Trevallen, nice view but so what. Used to rundown the side of it then over the bridge and up George Street to work everyday.

Hobart is near the end of the earth ffs. Sydney is 20 minutes from Canberra by plane if we are being silly about this.

I have lived in both cities so am able to compare them. Have you?

f****** Hobart is the coldest town I have ever lived in if you take the windchill factor into account.

That wind coming off Mt Wellington cuts you like a knife into the bone.

Anyway when I lived there I was interested in cars girls and grog,, not scenery. but with antiquated drinking laws, depression wages, and the draft hanging over my head making it impossible to buy a car, those activities were severely restricted.

Not a happy time for me.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Billings Method wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 7:29pm But full of hillbillies and inbreds.😂😂😂😂
Went to a place called Lefroy once. No street names or house numbers so we had to knock on doors to find the people we were looking for.

Only trouble was when we knocked on a front door, everyone in the house took off out the back door into the tree line.

Happened a couple of times so we gave up.

Not sure if they were inbred but they could have been hillbillies.

Gave me the creeps.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Seems more like your issues, rather than issues with living in Tas

And if you knew Tassie, you’d know Launceston gets much colder than Hobart.

Not sure you know much about Tasmania in the last 40 years?

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 1:22pm Its a national competition, with a nation draft, salary caps, equalization strategies, zoned development academies and a number of national and international sponsors. Traditional loyalties to clubs and states are becoming irrelevant, particularly in the eyes of the National league, who are competing with other nationally supported sports.
While supporters numbers may still be heavily linked to pre AFL ideals, they have been decimated by the direction of the AFL. The
Tasmanian supporter base and its state based competition would do well to work with the AFL not against it.
Id like to believe Ratten is a Saints man, but I'm aware that it is his passion for the game and the opportunities before him professionally, to make his mark, that brought him to us.
A trend of people from traditional afl states moving to Queensland has been a reality for some time and the trend is growing. While their state loyalties do remain, they will mean little to those who won't invest $1000's a year to follow their teams in a way that is meaningful to anything other than TV ratings.
The driving emotion locally, here in Queensland, is AFL vs NRL The next generation will need to gravitate towards Brisbane or the Gold Coast to experience this. Auskick, school comps, regional leagues, regional representation and junior development are all trending that way in the state.
The NT and Tasmania are caught in a time warp. The ACT is a sterile soulless no where land.
You know I started to type a defense of my city but then half way through started thinking that I guess as a planned capital and with the geometric precision of Burley Griffin's vision I can understand why some might call it sterile. It definitely doesn't have the charming eccentricities that come from a more ad-hoc built city which would be nice.

It isn't really though you just need the right guide. ;)

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 3:00pm
saynta wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 2:35pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 2:23pm
saynta wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 2:17pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 1:22pm
The ACT is a sterile soulless no where land.
bulls***. That just shows how ignorant you are which is hardly a surprise coming from a f****** banana bender. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Laughable someone from the backward state of Queensland talking about time warps FFS. :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted:
Saynta. More great insight from the book of utter bulls*** from you again. You ve been every, done everything cant argue with that. How you going with the number of executions for rape in Canberra. Or was the black hat diatribe straight from the utter bullsjit catalogues too.

Your contributions are appreciated thanks mate.
No, unlike you my stories are true. Death penalty was prounced in every rape case where the defendant (s) was/were
convicted. Later communted to life in prison.

The bleeding heart, soft cocks changed the laws in the NT and ACT when they came to power in 1972.

I saw judges cover their heads in black when pronouncing the death penalty. Chilling in the extreme. Sight will always remain with me.

In my view Canberra is a well kept secret . One of the best cities in the best country in the world.

You can't say that about f****** Central Queensland. :wink: :wink: :wink:

And yes. I have lived in multiple states and Territories, like many on this site.

Glad you like my posts. The feeling is reciprocated. Love some of your but not when you are putting s*** on something you know sweet f*** al about. :roll:
Thanks, so that's 0 executions. The story makes great theatre. Chilling. I'm tingling. Must have been a profound lift for the victims and their families. Great story.
My grandmother lived in Canberra. I went there often in the 70's and 80's. I can she why she retired there. The old girl loved the place.
Best kept secret indeed. Pretty place, pure, pristine, a completely fabricated modern city, with a history steeped in not much at all and soulless in every regard. The land of the public servants, the clubs, cinemas, bowling allies nd private schools must be pumping.
Of course my recollections are dated. With an average growth rate steadily growing at 1-2% per annum since then, it must be a thriving metropolis by now.
I grew up here in the 80's and yes the changes since then have been utterly immense. Which, to your point about sterility, is actually the most soulless part for me.

The city center has 'modernized' and looks like just about every other city center with the same shops and same chain restaurants everywhere. Civic -- that's the main political/economic area -- has lost its charm.

Each day there seems to be a new suburb springing up that looks much like the last one.

My mother lives in one of the new suburbs and I jokingly refer to it as the occupied West Bank because it just looks so artificial.

And this is also mine:
roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 6:29pm

Manuka.😇😇

Yep.Snow and beaches only two hours away.

My parents had a beach house at Mollymook. Beautiful.

Canberra is in my view the most liveable city in Australia.

No serial killers like Adelaide. No car jacking, home invasions and killer drivers like Melbourne. Not remote like Perth and Hobart. No traffic jams like Sydney and best of all no covid.

And no f****** lockdowns.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Thanks Saynta!

Mollymook and all the country around there is Heaven on Earth.

Speaking of Covid it is nice to be living in a place where the response has been very laid back to the whole thing which is a credit to the people here most of all.

Majority of us don't wear masks -- some do which is cool -- and people are still very relaxed and friendly about the whole thing.

And this is also mine:
asiu
Saintsational Legend

The Billings Method wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 7:29pm But full of hillbillies and inbreds.😂😂😂😂
OI !!!!!!!

i resemble that statement

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

bit early in the morning for sex and banjo bashing

asiu
Saintsational Legend

‘n i adore Canberra

love it for its 4 seasons ,
it’s drug addled populace
‘n the fact Jindy is just a bit further up the road

asiu
Saintsational Legend

‘n re the important bit

for the first 13 or 14 games of rep footy
between us (southerners) and the other lot
... we won all of em

thats why we wore black hankys on our head
.... next.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Just wondering what ultmation is? :twisted:

The Billings Method
Club Player

asiu wrote: Sun 14 Feb 2021 7:19am bit early in the morning for sex and banjo bashing
Cliched, old and tired. The joke I mean. All in jest. I won't be so lazy next time.
Last edited by The Billings Method on Sun 14 Feb 2021 1:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 12:14am North have been giving us hidings for years and years.
Let's not sugar coat it - they have owned us for forty-five years - except for one year - 1997.
They're no basket case.
Not entirely true.

St Kilda won 11 of 14 vs North Melbourne between 2003-2011, including five wins of 50+.

guitars4
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 12 Feb 2021 5:10pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 12 Feb 2021 11:02am I am interested if anyone cares whether Norf or the Squawks play out of Tassie. Its like threatening to close a pinball arcade because they can't get a major theme park. Isn't it? If they could support a team they'd have one already, wouldn't they?
North Tasmania Football Club. Do they have Kangaroos in Tasmania?
No. No kangaroos ,only wallabies.
They do have kangaroos there called Forester kangaroos

guitars4
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 12 Feb 2021 11:02am I am interested if anyone cares whether Norf or the Squawks play out of Tassie. Its like threatening to close a pinball arcade because they can't get a major theme park. Isn't it? If they could support a team they'd have one already, wouldn't they?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

guitars4 wrote: Sun 14 Feb 2021 9:09pm
Apparently that's f****** bulls***. If they did have Kangaroos, they don't anymore. Saynta lived there in the late 60's, he knows.