So there you go.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: So there you go.

roskilde wrote: Tue 23 Mar 2021 3:59pm
The_Dud wrote: Tue 23 Mar 2021 2:55pm
Mr Magic wrote: Tue 23 Mar 2021 2:51pm
sunsaint wrote: Tue 23 Mar 2021 2:45pm Oh curly
Seriously do us a favour and just disappear
It's the same irrational stuff week in week out
Please don't Curly.
At least you give the counterbalancing POV to those that find nothing we (Saints) do, vis-a-vis umpiring decisions ,is ever correct.
We're always wrong
Even if an umpire makes a mistake, we're either wrong or it doesn't matter.

I actually find it amazing that posters take aim at Curly and not The Dud for his blatant trolling of Curly re this?
Without the deliberate trolling there would have been very little "tit for tat", IMHO
Without the constant spamming and whinging the issue wouldn't even exist...

I suggested not focusing on the umpires at all, but was quickly shot down, so this is the forum that they wanted.
There you go again. The 'But mommy he did it first!' defense. Your usual go to when people point out that you're everything you complain Curly is -- and then some! :)

As I said in the game day thread if it's such a problem for you ban the guy. It's easy to do.

(BTW as we both know it still would be a problem because you just like bickering. Don't pretend without Curly you wouldn't find someone else to bicker with. Know thyself, Dud.)
I'm not sure there's many women on this site, so maybe it should be the 'Daddy, he did it first!' defense? ;)

Maybe some would call it holding a mirror up to their behaviour, but that concept might be a bit too complex to grasp :)

And yes, I like a good 'bicker' (debate), but I want it to be about whether Carlisle is best 22, or if Seb is any good, or if Geary should still be captain. Not about how we would win every game we ever played if the AFL and umpires weren't conspiring against us!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 23 Mar 2021 4:04pm
Please don't Curly.
At least you give the counterbalancing POV to those that find nothing we (Saints) do, vis-a-vis umpiring decisions ,is ever correct.
We're always wrong

I actually find it amazing that posters take aim at Curly and not The Dud for his blatant trolling of Curly re this?
Without the deliberate trolling there would have been very little "tit for tat", IMHO

I suggested not focusing on the umpires at all, but was quickly shot down, so this is the forum that they wanted.
There you go again. The 'But mommy he did it first!' defense. Your usual go to when people point out that you're everything you complain Curly is -- and then some! :)

As I said in the game day thread if it's such a problem for you ban the guy. It's easy to do.

(BTW as we both know it still would be a problem because you just like bickering. Don't pretend without Curly you wouldn't find someone else to bicker with. Know thyself, Dud.)

Yeah, spot on but he is already one of two stalkers I have somehow collected. :evil:
Haha, maybe go back and look at who comments on who's posts there champ! :)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 23 Mar 2021 4:10pm
saynta wrote: Tue 23 Mar 2021 4:04pm
Please don't Curly.
We're always wrong

Yeah, spot on but he is already one of two stalkers I have somehow collected. :evil:
Haha, maybe go back and look at who comments on who's posts there champ! :)
What for? I know a f****** stalker when I see one, ....champ..or should I be replacing the a with a u? :roll: :roll: :roll:

ace
Saintsational Legend

As they say, IT IS IN THE BOOK.

No wait GWS has called for a AFL board review they want the result overturned like happened after Sirengate.
Reports have been "flooding" in from Sydney that the AFL board has met and GWS has been awarded 8 points and St KIlda reduced to minus 4 points.
Apparently St Kilda was convicted of bringing the AFL into disrepute for appearing to win.
Last edited by ace on Tue 23 Mar 2021 4:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

I have no problem with the AFL's explanation. In my mind I still reckon Butler did enough to legally tackle. It's a subjective game. With a free kick count of 30-14 and the rub of the green certainly not going our way, I'm comfortable getting the rub at the end of the game. Hard for GWS to complain too much when they have dominated the free kick count like they did.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Please don't Curly.
We're always wrong

think you need to go back to the thread and have an actual look at who posted what
pretty easy to see the flood of posts before the dam broke into the "tit for tat"
and since when has being rational ever lessened a persons' support for the club?

Seeya
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

In a marking contest, Butler would have been pinged for holding the man if he wrapped his arms around him.
Butler looked like he was going to tackle him but didn't want to be penalised for a late tackle and taking him down.
He is a quick thinker I reckon and it was brilliant work, the ball came to ground, who knows what would have happened if play on was called.
Im guessing the Saints fan at the ground would have roared an appeal for 'Ball'.
In the spirit of the game, I dont mind his free kick as much as I dont mind Greene's mark. Nothing to see here.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Please don't Curly.
We're always wrong

Spot on.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

... whether Carlisle is best 22, or if Seb is any good, or if Geary should still be captain.
nuh
yep
nuh

hope that helps !

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Tue 23 Mar 2021 5:22pm
Please don't Curly.
We're always wrong

think you need to go back to the thread and have an actual look at who posted what
pretty easy to see the flood of posts before the dam broke into the "tit for tat"
and since when has being rational ever lessened a persons' support for the club?
Who said anything about rational?
You’re defending a poster name The Dud who used a photo of our coach as his avatar and then changed it to a photo of Curly from the 3 stooges
I would think you don’t need to be Einstein to figure out that was a very open dig at another poster.
And if that didn’t make it obvious to you then his incessant trolling of the poster called Curly surely should.
But then again you may think jumping to that conclusion is irrational.
BTW
I don’t agree with Curly’s conclusion that the umpires are cheating
I just think that some/many are not very good at their job.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

although

of course Carlisle is best 22
IF he could pull his own head out of his own datum
that is

if he’s a momentum sinkhole
around the place
eff him off
and then he’s not best anything

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Or was it a comment about our now ex coach
keeping in mind that towards the end it was basically "illegal" to make any comment about Mr Richardson

mind you I never noticed the timing of said avatar or even take that much notice or heed of something like that

Seeya
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Tue 23 Mar 2021 6:15pm
sunsaint wrote: Tue 23 Mar 2021 5:22pm
Please don't Curly.
We're always wrong

Who said anything about rational?
You’re defending a poster name The Dud who used a photo of our coach as his avatar and then changed it to a photo of Curly from the 3 stooges
I would think you don’t need to be Einstein to figure out that was a very open dig at another poster.
And if that didn’t make it obvious to you then his incessant trolling of the poster called Curly surely should.
But then again you may think jumping to that conclusion is irrational.
BTW
I don’t agree with Curly’s conclusion that the umpires are cheating
I just think that some/many are not very good at their job.
Surely if The_Dud is a troll then Curly is also trolling?
I don't think he's serious, I think he's taking the piss as much as The_Dud is.
I believe it impossible to post the rubbish he posts unless he is trolling or challenged in other ways.

The match day thread is a debacle with his incessant, irrational, imbecilic ranting about umpires being blatant cheats with every decision that goes against us.

I block him on match day so I can read and enjoy the thread without his moronic drivel.
Unfortunately other posters sometimes quote him which unfortunately passes the block feature.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

IMO this tit for tat response is not doing our forum any favours

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

One poster thinks there is an elaborate AFL sanctioned umpiring conspiracy against us going back decades, and spams the forum with their crazy theories weekly, without fail, barely commenting on the actual game or St Kilda.

Another poster thinks umpires are human and make mistakes (just like players) that go both ways, so there's no point giving too much attention to them, this is a St Kilda forum so we should be here to discuss St Kilda.

Which is the troll again?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 23 Mar 2021 9:49pm One poster thinks there is an elaborate AFL sanctioned umpiring conspiracy against us going back decades, and spams the forum with their crazy theories weekly, without fail, barely commenting on the actual game or St Kilda.

Another poster thinks umpires are human and make mistakes (just like players) that go both ways, so there's no point giving too much attention to them, this is a St Kilda forum so we should be here to discuss St Kilda.

Which is the troll again?

Are you still whinging. The game was two days ago and we don’t play for another 3.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

I rest my case

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

An app sensation: when you can simulate what would happen in a game if there were no "incorrect"* umpiring calls (or be selective about certain decisions if you choose to be). It could be a modern snakes and ladders thing. After x, or n if you like, million simulations it would be interesting how many actual
win/loss results are reversed. In what sphere of human endeavour is absolute fairness vis a vis rules the over riding, unambiguous feature?

My personal dislike is the rule that made the bounce of the ball in 2010 when Milney was chasing into the pocket, legitimate. That is the epitome of unfair to me but was allowed to stand.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
* those that at game speed with actual umpires' positioning could be argued against with the benefit of high tech slow speed multi positioned cameras and assessed by completely objective analysts that fully appreciate the nuances of the game.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

The Dud and Curly:

If you respond to each other’s posts ever again I am banning the one who responds and if they are responding to a bait, then I am banning the original poster too.

Life is too short for your pointless interactions.

It ruins the forum.

Curly - like anyone here or at the footy you can complain about the umpires as you see fit but please do not accuse them of cheating - incompetence yes, subconscious bias maybe.

Dud - you can complain about player mistakes too if you don’t want to complain about umpires BUT you cannot comment on Curly’s posts. You have made your point over and over again.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

So, there you go.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

To The naughty corner :)

asiu
Saintsational Legend

pressure points :

ratts was saying bytel had 60 pressure points
till half time

asiu
Saintsational Legend

ya gotta luv Ratten

reckons he should get his heart checked
he’s a good fit
coz thats very st kilda

The Peanut
Club Player

Free kicks are a hit and miss - A lot of fuss over one of the very many frees in a game that was technically incorrect (according to AFL)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 24 Mar 2021 12:57am So, there you go.
:D