McKernan, Wood and Long omitted for WCE Game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Re: McKernan, Wood and Long omitted for WCE Game

Am in Melbourne now for the weekend at my sisters in Kilsyth. Family road trip drive down via Dubbo and West Wyalong. Thought about going to the game but have family dinner planned.

My cousin Liam Duggan playing for the egirls so his family will be there. I think the Saints will surprise in this one and have a real crack Whether that’s enough to win, well we’ll see

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

As much as I hate to suggest it I think ‘ slips through his hands’ or Hunter should be the sub in case Marshall struggles in his first game back.

I know both are not AFL standard but at least can be cannon fodder to Nic Nat if required.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Gershwin
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 12:07pm As much as I hate to suggest it I think ‘ slips through his hands’ or Hunter should be the sub in case Marshall struggles in his first game back.

I know both are not AFL standard but at least can be cannon fodder to Nic Nat if required.
Yes, poor team selection in my opinion. A fresh Hunter to do his best in the ruck and Marshall at CHF to partner King and give their tall defenders something to think about seems a better strategy to me. Membrey and Battle to test their 3rd tall defender.

summertime and the living is easy ........
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

so you're looking to make a statement after two games in which most of the team played with little enthusiasm for bodily contact and busting a gut. you want that to change. you have in reserve someone who has bled for the team since a young draftee. best in the team in his last afl appearance. very good form in the vfl.
your statement? continue on lads. leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

bullmarket wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 6:02am Dunstan should have replaced Lonie
Not his natural field position, but he is all heart and tough as old boots - things that Lonie is not

Dunny always goes hard and straight ahead. Disposal skills aren't great, but would provide much needed life to the fwd line.

Instead selectors have opted for the downhill skier, who last week picked up a few easy junk time possessions to pad out his stats.

Sainters virtually going in a man down

As a last resort I will bet on Weagles in the hope that jinxes them

In the meantime I have stocked up on Valium and have arranged an early morning appointment with my psychologist for Monday, so I can somehow survive another Lonie non effort

In more than 5 decades of following the saints. Lonie is the only player in RW & B that i have never backed and I clearly dislike.
Peanut heart, show pony

Clearly not highly regarded outside Saints "4 walls" given lack of interest when his contract comes up for renewal

Dunny, by contrast has always given his guts and leads by example
Heart and soul player
Good post. Replace a left footer with another left footer. Dunstan should be tried. If it’s good enough for Bevo to try Mitch Wallace in a forward pocket, we should too. I know Wallace has been dropped but I think it’s because of his decision making and poor conversion. I reckon Dunny will kick straighter than Wallace and he’s cooler under pressure.

Anyone who claims Lonie is a good forward, values a speedy little hungry footballer that can’t stick a tackle. It's pointless saying he provides pressure when he goes to tackle and the opposition just fend off and he falls over.

West Coast have mature footballers and guys with much larger frames than little Lonie (who is little compared to 99% of all AFL players). If he was a brilliant field kick or a good decision maker, I wouldn’t care as much, but his kicks to team mates are usually loopy and don’t come off.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Re: McKernan, Wood and Long omitted

skeptic wrote: Fri 09 Apr 2021 7:25pm Boy Butler can count himself lucky... 1 goal and 25 touches across three games
Butler & Hill....both aren't lucky.

The coaching staff know as sh1te as they are, we have no one better to replace them.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote: Fri 09 Apr 2021 8:17pm Were all the players that were dropped worse than Hill against the Bombers . :?:
No one on the team was worse than, BECAUSE....he has the ability to be legendary but doesn't give a f@ck!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

It’s bs that they rate players for what they can deliver. They should be rating them on what they have delivered.

Hill should have been dropped after the Demons match (especially if he is fit and notneeding injections ashasbeen rumoured) Coff was terrible last week, but put in a good effort in the last quarter to save his bacon. Give a half decent effort and you can retain your spot in the team.

Seb Ross had 18 touches at 55% DE. He’s a liability but he had plenty of mates. Battle didn’t earn his keep last week either. Lonie was putrid and Butler can’t get his hands on the footy.

The fact that Ratts and the selection committee are playing Hill and Lonie week in week out means that they are essentially untouchables.