The Fluxed Up Report: The Sayntas did it for Old Phil.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AeonFlux
Club Player

The Fluxed Up Report: The Sayntas did it for Old Phil.

Old Phil. Sainsational's second favourite Nazi sympathiser. ( Image)

But we wore no black arm bands. Old Phil doesn't like black arms (or filling out forms for them).
Old Phil wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 6:28pm"How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?"
But make no mistake, the boys did it for Phil on Saturday. Sure, some of his statements may be questionable in their 'judgement', but we love him anyway. Always great value.
HarryM wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 6:28pmAbso-bloody-lutely! And Abso-bloody-lutely! :D

Match Report:
Pretty bloody simple this week. No need for the usual excellent breakdowns provided by Biggus Martus or Ted 'Ace' Bullpit.

All day we more then matched them. But for most of the first two and half quarters we were trying too hard for old Phil. Our forward 50 entries were disastrous.

But then. Forward 50 entries became irresistibly manic. And all for old Phil. (Though the 'presence' of Vaas Montenegro in the rooms at half time may also have been 'influential'.)

And didn't the fans love it!

Quick quiz. Spot the Saintsationalists.
Quick Hint: They might include Aaron666, Jafflebouy, Ted, Simon, and a few Saintsationalists who were 'done', but now are undone.
"Flyan Ryan grounded."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

And didn't the team bloody well needed to lift. Last week was a disgrace! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Given the relative strengths of the two playing lists, the worst Saints' performance in living memory. (Unless one consults the likes of Grumpy One or Old Phil. :P )
Nosher wrote: Mon 26 Aug 2019 3:06pmI was absolutely f****** gutted.
He'sHighMan wrote: Fri 21 Jun 2019 6:55pmYou've nailed it

Round 4 vs Round 5......? Wot duh??? :?

That's the lot of Saints' supporter. And nothing's changed. (Just ask old Phil or Grumpy One.)
“My dear,
Find what you love and let it kill you.
Let it drain you of your all. Let it cling onto your back and weigh you down into eventual nothingness.
Let it kill you and let it devour your remains.
For all things will kill you, both slowly and fastly, but it’s much better to be killed by a lover.
~ Falsely yours”
― Kinky Friedman
Yep, have used that one before... but nothings changed, so using it again. (Groan.) Besides, it's always wise to pander to Loris. :wink:

Things We Liked:
Jimmy The Cat!
Flyan who??? Only got one goal on the great Jimmy, and that was a fair dinkum push in the back missed by the scumpire.
Nosher wrote: f*** off greedy prick. Go away. Creep. Eleni wouldn't have missed that one. :evil:
MacKenzie
Always knew you were quick and hard at it, but didn't know you could actually play as well.

Hill.
Seems you do care after all. Great to see. Along with Billings, another graduate from the desertnowcoastalsaint school of concrete protein shakes for breakfast lunch and tea. :twisted:

Snowy.
Seems you do care after all. Great to see.

Sinkers
Stopped cruising. Came out and showed some pride in his performance. But you owe us moore - specially given how loeaky we can be at the back. And we also haven't forgotten that you owe us over Puddin' Jack. :evil:

Crouch.
Week 1: settle in.
Week 2: deliver.
That's just what you've done. 8-)

The Butler.
He did it.

The Marshall.
Welcome back partner.

Seb.
Doing it for old Phil.

Bytel.
The future. Should never have been dropped. :evil: Do not drop this bloke again!

Kent.
He's still not being picked in the side. :D

Mick Thomas.
Great to see that Mick Thomas has once again stepped in. Stepped out for too long. And he's left those roaring days, the parties in Fitzroy, left the grey skies over Collingwood, left the manania in Johnson Street, left the rain in his heart, and has moved away away, followed the wide open road across the continent to the suburb of Wellard, near Perth. Permanent move Mick, or for a short time?
But one thing hasn't changed. Still tilting at windmills. :D

Anyone who needs parts for their GAZ.
Comrade Rosputin (who we've referenced already in this post) is a regular visitor to St Petersburg, and he's happy to pick up some spares for you.
Order here:https://retrodetal.ru/eng/

Joe King.
The break through bag. Now Joe, two more things we want to see from you.............
1/ When shooting for goal - kick through the bloody ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
2/ You're our key forward. You da man. So bloody well lead up to our mids when they're storming forward!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Post of the Week:
Nosher wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 10:41pm https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 05fff4a604

AFL 2021: St Kilda’s late-game flurry buries West Coast

It looked like St Kilda was in for more pain, but a blistering performance by Brad Hill and a Dan Butler-inspired flurry has kickstarted the Saints’ 2021 season.
Kane Pitman
5 min read :lol:
April 10, 2021 - 8:50PM
NCA NewsWire
2 comments
Bradley Hill gave the critics some food for thought with a blistering performance.

An irresistible St Kilda outfit has stunned West Coast to reverse a 33-point third

quarter deficit and breathe new life into their 2021 campaign.

The Eagles wilted under the Saints’ feverish pressure and relentless attack on the footy, the home team running away 20-point winners after kicking the last eight goals of the game.

Dan Butler inspired the Saints’ fightback.

Dominating possession for the bulk of the game, the Saints struggled to get reward on the scoreboard, before a Dan Butler-inspired third quarter burst ignited the home crowd.

Only inaccuracy cost the Saints the lead at the final change, eight shots at goal in the last 10 minutes resulting in a wasteful 3.5, Butler saving their blushes with two in that stretch.

The avalanche continued to start the fourth, with goals to Max King and Tim Membrey giving the Saints their first lead since the 23-minute mark of the first quarter.
Big Max King kicked a back for the Saints.

Captain Jack Steele iced the game for the Saints.

As the goals piled up, it was the captain Jack Steele who put the icing on the cake at the 22-minute mark, snapping one home from the top of the goalsquare to cap off a 33-disposal, best-on-ground performance.

A dominant five goal game from King and bounce back performances from Butler and Bradley Hill ensured the “embarrassed” Saints from seven days earlier responded in the most emphatic fashion possible.

Coming off a 75-point belting from Essendon, St. Kilda coach Alfred E Neuman was thrilled with his side’s response.

“To think what we dished up last week and to then play like that and stick to the task when we could’ve given up, I think the players knew what they did last week and win, lose or draw we have to bring that,” Ratten said, postgame.

“You’re never as bad as you think you are and you’re never as good as you think you are.

“We’re going to lose games of footy, every team does, it’s just the way you go about it, and we weren’t pleased last week so to see the response was really pleasing.

“Like anything, you have to take accountability.

“We had a team meeting, and the players knew the evidence was on the screen.

“There was a bit around our system as well that didn’t support the contest and we changed it slightly but there’s no doubt the players knew, and they responded brilliantly.

“All credit to them, they did a fantastic job.”

The Saints will have little time to celebrate, with a Thursday night blockbuster against reigning premier Richmond up next.

“We played a way that we want to play (against the Eagles),” he said.

“They’re (Richmond) the best in the business, but for us it’s about backing up.

“That’s the challenge.

“It’s not about changing because it’s Richmond, we’ve got a style of play that we want to go about.

“It’s a huge challenge, looking forward to it but it’s about us trying to recapture that pressure. We’ve got to try and come to the party.”

In a further boost, Alfred E refused to rule out big man Paddy Ryder from coming into the line-up, with a decision to made during the week.
Rowan Marshall looked in trouble, before toiling manfully against the might of NicNat.

MARSHALL’S MIRACULOUS RECOVERY

Making his first appearance of the season, star ruckman Rowan Marshall’s day appeared over by the midway point of the second quarter. Recovering from a stress related injury in his right foot, Marshall hobbled from the ground after competing in a contest on the far side of the ground.

Removing his boot and in visible pain, Marshall went down the race seemingly done for the day. To the relief of St Kilda fans, Marshall emerged from halftime to take his spot at the centre bounce, playing out the game.

Alfred E confirmed the scare was not a concern.

“He’s OK. He just felt a bit of a twist,” Alfred E said.

“With the foot, you probably are concerned, so we went down and just checked that, but he was fine.

“Because they took a while to take him down, we just said take your time, we don’t need to rush this and force him out there.

“He could have come on with five minutes to go but we just said ‘look after him and get him through’.”

BRADLEY BOUNCES BACK

After copping criticism for his slow start to the season, Bradley Hill was back to his damaging best on Saturday evening. Known for his aerobic ability, Hill provided constant drive to finish with 26 disposals and 510 metres gained in his best performance of the young 2021 season.

Alfred E called criticism of his running machine “unfair”.

“Some of it you could say is unfair. I could sit here and defend him to the hilt, but I think it was a collective group last week,” Ratten said.

“His ball use wasn’t perfect against Melbourne, but I think for people to just pick one player out, you could have put a basket of 15 in there and I thought it was a bit unfair just to put him in there and highlight him.”

EAGLES EARLY INJURY BLOW

Replacing former skipper Shannon Hurn as the sub, West Coast’s Isiah Winder joined the exclusive first kick, first goal club in the second quarter, taking advantage of a Hill error. Attempting to clear the defensive fifty, Hill fired off an errant handball as the three Eagles closed in on him. Deflected by Kennedy, the ball fell into the hands of Winder, who calmly snapped it home from the top of the goalsquare before being mobbed by his teammates.

PETRUCCELLE’S CRUMBING MAGIC

Speedy Eagles forward Jack Petruccelle was looked threatening all afternoon, producing a goal of the week contender in the second quarter. Executing a one-two with Jack Redden at the edge of the centre square, Petruccelle burned away from Callum Wilkie and Zak Jones before executing a miraculous inside out checkside goal on his right foot at full speed from 40 metres out. Pure class.

GOALS

Saints: King 5, Butler 3, Billings 2, Membrey 2, McKenzie, Steele, Higgins

Eagles: Petruccelle 4, Allen 2, Darling 2, Kennedy 2, Seagull Cripps :evil: , Ryan (was a gift :x ), Winder

KANE PITMAN’S BEST

Saints: Steele, King, Crouch, Butler, Hill, Billings, Jones

Eagles: McGovern, Kelly, Naitanui, Petruccelle, Redden, Sheed

KANE PITMAN’S VOTES

3 — J Steele

2 — M King

1 — B Hill

INJURIES

Saints: Nil

Eagles: Hurn (calf)

UMPIRES: Andrew Stephens, David Harris, Brent Wallace

VENUE: Marvel Stadium
We see what you did there. And how nice it is too. Not enough publications cater for the remedial reader. :lol:

Even Better Post of the Week:
perfectionist wrote: Wed 07 Apr 2021 8:24pm The reason that there has been such a massive delay in the arrival of the vaccine (less than a quarter of that promised by scumo), is that Hunt - my wife calls him Mike - ordered AstroTurf rather than AstraZeneca (ace had two shots at spelling that and got them both wrong!). However, this is to be put to good use where farmers dig up Indigenous sites tens of thousands of years old by mistake.

Next Week's Paper Tigers' Team:

INS:
Ryder.
Wood (if Ryder unavailable.)
Eleni. Our forward line plays better with her out there. And everyone loves HarryM's gourmet quiches at the Fan Club meeting.

OUSKI:
Stooopid entries into the forward 50. This crap is still killing us. Fix it, and we can win the bloody flag!
Lonie. geez he tries, but he's too small, too slow, and misses too many of his shots on goal.
Never, ever, ever again, drop Bytel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Clarke Kent. Never, ever, ever again, pick Kent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kinky Friedman wrote:We can spare you.

HarryM wrote: Mon 12 Apr 2021 5:54pmWell let's hope you're done, because your diatribe is starting to get bloody boring. :roll:
CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 1:33amHarry, you seem to want to bring rationale into this thread. Why, I will never understand.
:wink:

Thoughts, Rodger? <swoon> Image
Thoughts, merry and gay people...?
Thoughts, Old Phil...?
Thoughts, Saintsationalists...?

- Aeon.

Andrew Bassat wrote: Dear Aeon,

Take care, and I great to see you at the footy.

And Aeon honey, more Nosher please. He's a shocker. Love him. :D And isn't uncanny how Nosher reminds one of Old Phil?

Fred. .................................................................. Image

Uncanny indeed Fred. :D

Fluxed Film Buffs' Film Festival:
The two greatest oz TV series of all time....................................................
Rake - Rumoured to be based (somewhat loosely) on the exploits of Old Phil. Onya Old Phil! :)
Wildside - Watch out for Richard Carter playing the role inspired (according to the legend) by Trev from the Boat. Onya Deaks'! And Aaron Pederson is excellent in the role of Vince(better know to Saintsationalists as HarryM) Onya Harry! :)
The week, for your viewing enjoyment Saintsationalists, we have 'Wildside'. Series 1 & 2 complete. 8-)
(according to legend)

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll:
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Re: The Fluxed Up Report: The Sayntas did it for Old Phil.

I often wonder how my own mind still works after reading one of these........well done sir!!

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

More offensive rubbish.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

your humour bypass surgery was successful then ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

stupid me. decided i'd have a read just before bed last night.
half an hour later...
always a good read fluxy boy/girl/other!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

It’s the subtle stuff that makes me laugh

Plus the fact that Flux knows he’s hitting the mark with his sledging targets. Some of them have thin skins don’t they?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 13 Apr 2021 8:49pm It’s the subtle stuff that makes me laugh

Plus the fact that Flux knows he’s hitting the mark with his sledging targets. Some of them have thin skins don’t they?
Crap is still crap, thin skin or not. Who wants to see a poor f****** chicken in its death throes ffs.

If you think that's funny, you have a different sense of humour to me. :roll:

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 14 Apr 2021 11:12am

Crap is still crap, thin skin or not. Who wants to see a poor f****** chicken in its death throes ffs.

What did I say makes me laugh? I highlighted for you just in case you missed

asiu
Saintsational Legend

lol @thesubtle stuff

ahhhhhhh

hehehehehehe

is it too early in the morning
to commend you on the subtlety of your new signature

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 15 Apr 2021 7:48am
saynta wrote: Wed 14 Apr 2021 11:12am

What did I say makes me laugh? I highlighted for you just in case you missed

The f***ed up report guy or gal is about as subtle as a brick to the back of the head imfo :roll: :roll: :roll: .
Last edited by saynta on Thu 15 Apr 2021 5:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

that chicken is certainly fluxed