So who has the story?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: So who has the story?

Poor performance, vultures circling.... Someone will make up a story.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Sorry, but there’s nothing toxic. Just very poor form, zero confidence and obviously injuries to important players. The message from the coaches is perhaps a little stale but we are trying to find the answers. They are fit enough but poor ball movement makes you appear slow and lethargic. I’m ready for the criticism but I reiterate there’s nothing toxic or “who’s got the story”.

Kick-it-lace-out
Club Player

tony74 wrote: Wed 28 Apr 2021 7:07pm Sorry, but there’s nothing toxic. Just very poor form, zero confidence and obviously injuries to important players. The message from the coaches is perhaps a little stale but we are trying to find the answers. They are fit enough but poor ball movement makes you appear slow and lethargic. I’m ready for the criticism but I reiterate there’s nothing toxic or “who’s got the story”.
Thanks Tony. I popped into training last Thursday prior to the Port game. Seems like we are persevering with the same system that just isn’t working (Doogie kicks it long down the line to a contest, mids flick it out to outside runners who bomb it long to Max). My belief is that the players have lost belief in the system, and that’s what has contributed to the lack of confidence.

Injuries, definitely haven’t helped, but confidence can make up for injuries.

MickThomas
Club Player

tony74 wrote: Wed 28 Apr 2021 7:07pm Sorry, but there’s nothing toxic. Just very poor form, zero confidence and obviously injuries to important players. The message from the coaches is perhaps a little stale but we are trying to find the answers. They are fit enough but poor ball movement makes you appear slow and lethargic. I’m ready for the criticism but I reiterate there’s nothing toxic or “who’s got the story”.
'The boys are hurting as much as, if not more, than all you supporters...' :oops: :x

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
asiu
Saintsational Legend

my boys are hurting too

but thats coz
they haven’t had a run in a while

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

oh yea
i nearly forgot why i returned to this outstanding thread

a quote from the Great Man himself :)
"Time for solidarity not fracturing. Just address the problems. They were there last year as plain to see but were not addressed because people were happy with performances."

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.