Match Thread Saints v Suns Round 8 2021

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Lennylegs
Club Player

Re: Match Thread Saints v Suns Round 8 2021

samoht wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 5:36pm
shadrock wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 5:24pm Still feel that whilst Hunter Clark is seen as calm and composed with the ball, hes often way too slow when hes chasing the defender. Im not sure if its that he simply doesnt have the tank for it, or is not a fast runner, or just doesnt try? But his lack of speed is noticeable when he doesn't have the ball. Will stop him from becoming elite in this league.
His lack of speed is evident when chasing defenders, as you say.
I think Clark would prove more valuable as a half forward flanker (between wing and half-forward) ... kicking the ball to our forwards, using his footskills.

Our forward entries need to improve - he could help?
Hunter pretty much won us the game in the second half. He's played 47 games of league footy. The kid's gonna be elite. Already having huge influences in important games at crucial moments. Give him some time to work on those areas of his game that come less naturally to him.

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

Lennylegs wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 7:57pm
shadrock wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 5:24pm Still feel that whilst Hunter Clark is seen as calm and composed with the ball, hes often way too slow when hes chasing the defender. Im not sure if its that he simply doesnt have the tank for it, or is not a fast runner, or just doesnt try? But his lack of speed is noticeable when he doesn't have the ball. Will stop him from becoming elite in this league.
I think Clark would prove more valuable as a half forward flanker (between wing and half-forward) ... kicking the ball to our forwards, using his footskills.

Hunter pretty much won us the game in the second half. He's played 47 games of league footy. The kid's gonna be elite. Already having huge influences in important games at crucial moments. Give him some time to work on those areas of his game that come less naturally to him.
The kid has poise and he's actually one of the only players we have who can stop, sum up a situation and try to find a target in a meticulous way despite the pressure around him.

Invaluable type of player.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

roskilde wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 7:55pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 7:34pm
SaintPav wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 7:32pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 7:16pm
SaintPav wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 5:30pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 5:24pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 5:22pm We get the four points - but seriously - it feels like having spent the last 2 1/2 hours dancing with a relative.
Yep, we were the least bad team out there today
Life must be a real hoot in the dud household.
It is thanks, kids and not letting the Saints dictate my mood help with that! :D

Must be a rollercoaster for the Pav’s, going from game/season over to a ‘never in doubt’ win within half an hour! 😮
Well, it's not my fault you can't sense sarcasm/humour and many others agree with me on how you come across. 8-)

It must be a really productive and good life for the dud spending time cutting and pasting my posts. :)
It’s ok, I understand, you had to try get that egg off your face somehow :D

And I’d maybe take a look at who’s spending their time going around quoting who there champ :D
Remember when you said the endless bickering you constantly engage in wasn't actually your fault it was the fault of the other kid who did it first?

Weirdly enough you're still constantly bickering with people with or without Curly involved.

Maybe you're the problem? Crazy thought I know but the one constant in all of this is you.
Lol - classic.

Brilliant post and so true.

Totally agree.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Lennylegs
Club Player

roskilde wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 7:58pm
Lennylegs wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 7:57pm

The kid has poise and he's actually one of the only players we have who can stop, sum up a situation and try to find a target in a meticulous way despite the pressure around him.

Invaluable type of player.
Yep. 100%.

Rooey made the comparison between the way Hunter and Pendlebury move. Thought it was a pretty apt observation.

Again, he's only played 47 games.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 7:55pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 5:22pm We get the four points - but seriously - it feels like having spent the last 2 1/2 hours dancing with a relative.
It is thanks, kids and not letting the Saints dictate my mood help with that! :D

Must be a rollercoaster for the Pav’s, going from game/season over to a ‘never in doubt’ win within half an hour! 😮
Well, it's not my fault you can't sense sarcasm/humour and many others agree with me on how you come across. 8-)

It must be a really productive and good life for the dud spending time cutting and pasting my posts. :)

And I’d maybe take a look at who’s spending their time going around quoting who there champ :D
Sure dud, responding to a post compared to searching (trolling), cutting and pasting my different posts together are the same thing, champ. :wink:

Like I said before, and you complain about Curly. :roll:

You should look at yourself first.
I can clearly see you respect my sleuthing skills, but having to go back one whole page to find your embarrassing declaration didn’t stretch my abilities too far, but I understand some things are harder for some people :D

I suppose I can’t help if the 3 Stooges are obsessed with me, I guess I should be flattered? :)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

The Saints need to employ a running coach over the end of season. Too many of our players look slow and are struggling to run out games. Injuries have played a part, but blokes like Coffield running capacity have gone backwards. He is a real concern when the ball is brought in quickly, he gets caught out far too often for his lack of speed.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 7:22pm never in doubt.
was a very hot sun in the first quarter. but a dry heat. i expected them to come out a bit lazy in that. cooled down nicely after half time. never felt it in doubt if we could just get the ball rolling our way in the last. one thing that stood out at the game was our forwards do not lead - no wonder our inside entries are generally bombs. i don't know if that's the plan, but what else could it be given it's been an issue all year?

A few been saying this for a while
It’s got me stuffed it’s obvious King looks deadly when on the move even J Riewoldt commented during the call he’d like to see a bit more movement from our forwards suggested small forwards could also lead to spread defence and stop bombin* and King needing take miracle marks 4 deep. It’s just dumb football.
Watch against Cats we do it all the time.....Cats defenders like to stay close together so they can leave their man to help out ....we play into their hands every time.....
I think it has to be game plan ......and I think it’d be great to see a smart inside forward 50 game plan....again today we had to work bloody hard for goals ...

“Yeah….nah””
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Remember when you said the endless bickering you constantly engage in wasn't actually your fault it was the fault of the other kid who did it first?

Weirdly enough you're still constantly bickering with people with or without Curly involved.

Maybe you're the problem? Crazy thought I know but the one constant in all of this is you.
Again, same as before, not constantly bickering ‘with people’, just the same 3 stooges (Saynta, Pav, Curly) as always.

Not sure how much attention you pay around here, but a quick look will show who’s obsessed with who. All three can’t help but quote my posts out of the blue (even when Curly has been specifically told not to) and once they do I’m happy to engage, it’s an entertaining few minutes. :)

But again, this obsession is one way, maybe you could ask them why they are compelled to constantly engage with me? 🤷‍♂️

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Under 10,000 attended the match today.
A fair few Saints were there.
Coming a week after their (arguably) best away win ever.

The venue itself is very good, but it’s crap for locals as it has no parking.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 8:06pm
SaintPav wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 7:55pm

Sure dud, responding to a post compared to searching (trolling), cutting and pasting my different posts together are the same thing, champ. :wink:

Like I said before, and you complain about Curly. :roll:

You should look at yourself first.
I can clearly see you respect my sleuthing skills, but having to go back one whole page to find your embarrassing declaration didn’t stretch my abilities too far, but I understand some things are harder for some people :D

I suppose I can’t help if the 3 Stooges are obsessed with me, I guess I should be flattered? :)
You’re deluded and you come across really warped.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 8:38pm Under 10,000 attended the match today.
A fair few Saints were there.
Coming a week after their (arguably) best away win ever.

The venue itself is very good, but it’s crap for locals as it has no parking.
It’s amazing the Suns have any fans at all really, with a decade of zero success, their “good old day” was finishing 12th once!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i always park in the Church for a tenner

for big crowds they open up the third carpark at the front
... thats always my go to

off the back highway at Nerang ,
down the hill , turn left , pay n park

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

the security guards are even smart enough
to pretend the chain is locked
for us ... i mean for those ... who are sleeping off a big night

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 8:14pm

Again, same as before, not constantly bickering ‘with people’, just the same 3 stooges (Saynta, Pav, Curly) as always.

Not sure how much attention you pay around here, but a quick look will show who’s obsessed with who. All three can’t help but quote my posts out of the blue (even when Curly has been specifically told not to) and once they do I’m happy to engage, it’s an entertaining few minutes. :)

But again, this obsession is one way, maybe you could ask them why they are compelled to constantly engage with me? 🤷‍♂️
The hilarious part of that post is that chuck expects posters to believe him ffs. :roll:

stevie
Saintsational Legend

I only saw some of the third qtr before I started work. A woeful game, I’m still quite shocked how bad the Suns played as they completely smashed Sydney two weeks ago, and beat the Filth in Melbourne last week. So to find out later we kicked 4 goals to none in the last qtr to get up is pretty darn good, despite the poor skills on offer during the game. Great to see the boys not give up. I think we were lucky the temp dropped a bit during the arve as it was quite warm at lunchtime

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

stevie wrote: Sun 09 May 2021 1:22am I only saw some of the third qtr before I started work. A woeful game, I’m still quite shocked how bad the Suns played as they completely smashed Sydney two weeks ago, and beat the Filth in Melbourne last week. So to find out later we kicked 4 goals to none in the last qtr to get up is pretty darn good, despite the poor skills on offer during the game. Great to see the boys not give up. I think we were lucky the temp dropped a bit during the arve as it was quite warm at lunchtime
Your first sentence summer up all know about the match, the second sentence marks your contribution at 0%. It was not a pretty game, for sure but neither were any of our previous four against the Sun's. All have been last man standing affairs in which we have always managed to pinch the win. Nothing woefull about that.

Saint supporter since '62
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 10:31pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 08 May 2021 8:14pm

The hilarious part of that post is that chuck expects posters to believe him ffs. :roll:
Exactly. He's being very dishonest.

It's both comical and very sad, like the majority of his ‘profound’ posts.

He sounds demented.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

You still quoting me gents?

‘Compelled’ might have not been a strong enough word...

:)

asiu
Saintsational Legend

table tennis for interested participants

first world problems

its 20 each
but no one can remember who’s serve it is

good luck with that

how about that scrimmage at half time

bradley had his jumper all scragged up
how ungentlemanee was that travesty
... tow ball was still in it , lol , at the end

asiu
Saintsational Legend

didn’t we have a free kick ?

what happened to that

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 09 May 2021 9:38am You still quoting me gents?

‘Compelled’ might have not been a strong enough word...

:)
So says the poster whose last two profile pics have been of:

OTHER posters!!!

:roll:

Priceless. :|

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Lol.

My avatar is there to honour duds, I just take them where I see them!

Some graduate on to do great things, some don’t. People seem to get upset if I put a player/coach in there.

Maybe I could try a desert named after a Russian ballerina? :)

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Go ahead, knock yourself out.

You’re just an arse clown.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Sun 09 May 2021 12:06pm didn’t we have a free kick ?

what happened to that
Max gave away the free - knocked his opponent on his tail - thats what started the Skirmish

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 09 May 2021 3:48pm
asiu wrote: Sun 09 May 2021 12:06pm didn’t we have a free kick ?

what happened to that
Max gave away the free - knocked his opponent on his tail - thats what started the Skirmish
I actually think Paddy did but no one wanted to blame him, Max was the easy target. Good on JB for being first in.