Nathan Freeman

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nathan Freeman

CURLY wrote: Mon 17 May 2021 1:51pm
Cheers. I appreciate this coming for the Oracle of the site. Only when you make your opinion clear that we all have a true understanding of exactly what we are thinking. I know having to deal with such minnows on here would be difficult. We all well at least I do full acknowledge your knowledge on all things football. What be long until your swept away to higher honors. Maybe game day analysis for AFL clubs maybe then you can walk with your equals.

Anyway got some match day feed back to write. Cheers for the kind words.
That's hilarious Curly.

I am going to come out of a well earned retirement, give up my life & directorships on charities, school and a national sporting organisation to be a game day analyst? :lol:

That's what you think the ultimate job is? That's higher honors? :lol:
Why do people think working at an AFL club is the bees knees?
Still, I guess it beats being a labourer at a saw mill, hey Curly?

The only time I have been in a coaches box on game day was back in the early 2000's when I bought a game day experience at a charity auction, and let me tell you it was a very underwhelming experience.

When you sit down to write your feedback, don't forget to spell check it and think about downloading "Grammarly". You don't want to tell your star forward he will be the "Soul" player in the F50 next week :lol:

Curly knows football :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 17 May 2021 3:48pm
Cheers. I appreciate this coming for the Oracle of the site. Only when you make your opinion clear that we all have a true understanding of exactly what we are thinking. I know having to deal with such minnows on here would be difficult. We all well at least I do full acknowledge your knowledge on all things football. What be long until your swept away to higher honors. Maybe game day analysis for AFL clubs maybe then you can walk with your equals.

That's hilarious Curly.

I am going to come out of a well earned retirement, give up my life & directorships on charities, school and a national sporting organisation to be a game day analyst? :lol:

That's what you think the ultimate job is? :lol:

The only time I have been in a coaches box on game day was back in the early 2000's when I bought a game day experience at a charity auction, and let me tell you it was a very underwhelming experience.

When you sit down to write your feedback, don't forget to spell check it and think about downloading "Grammarly". You don't want to tell your star forward he will be the "Soul" player in the F50 next week :lol:

Sorry Oracle I didn't mean to offend you. Just your unlimited and ultimate football nous is wasted. You'd be worth a fortune to any AFL club. Imagine the coaching staff knowing they have the number 1 footy analyst in the land. Anyway I guess we should just continue to pay homage to such a wonderful humble man. Footballs loss I guess.

All hail the Oracle.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 17 May 2021 3:57pm

That's hilarious Curly.

Sorry Oracle I didn't mean to offend you. Just your unlimited and ultimate football nous is wasted. You'd be worth a fortune to any AFL club. Imagine the coaching staff knowing they have the number 1 footy analyst in the land. Anyway I guess we should just continue to pay homage to such a wonderful humble man. Footballs loss I guess.

All hail the Oracle.
Can't agree Curly, I'm not a club based person or an analyst.
Not interested in entry level given my experience and knowledge base.

I'll have my people contact Gil, he could use mentoring. Perhaps I'll take him to Weipa fishing next week and give him the low down on what is wrong with the competition and how to sort it out.

And don't forget ....Curly knows football :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 17 May 2021 4:09pm

That's hilarious Curly.

All hail the Oracle.

I'll have my people contact Gil, he could use mentoring. Perhaps I'll take him to Weipa fishing next week and give him the low down on what is wrong with the competition and how to sort it out.

And don't forget ....Curly knows football :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But Oracle imagine having you in the coaching team it would be like carrying the arch of the covenant into battle. The all knowing guiding the players would see that team invincible. C'mon Oracle if it means taking a step back from controlling the universe please give us this.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 17 May 2021 4:24pm

That's hilarious Curly.

All hail the Oracle.

But Oracle imagine having you in the coaching team it would be like carrying the arch of the covenant into battle. The all knowing guiding the players would see that team invincible. C'mon Oracle if it means taking a step back from controlling the universe please give us this.
Sorry, no interest Curly.
The only way I'll be at club level is when we privatize and I can buy the Saints.

Then your dream will come true, you can leave the saw mill and I'll employ you at the Saints.

Do they still have boot studders at clubland?

But I'll give you extra responsibility, you can give votes.
You can look at the stats and give your votes: N.Freeman 40 possessions - 3 Votes!

Curly knows boot studding :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Joffa Burns on Mon 17 May 2021 4:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Just as an aside - Nathan has not nominated for the Mid Season Draft as at 3 Hours ago according to SEN.
SEN wrote: Top mid-season draft candidates Jacob Edwards, Tyson Stengle and Nathan Freeman are not among the initial list of 300 nominees.
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Mon 17 May 2021 4:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 17 May 2021 4:45pm
CURLY wrote: Mon 17 May 2021 4:24pm

That's hilarious Curly.

All hail the Oracle.

Sorry, no interest Curly.
The only way I'll be at club level is when we privatize and I can buy the Saints.

Then your dream will come true, you can leave the saw mill and I'll employ you at the Saints.

Do they still have boot studders at clubland?

But I'll give you extra responsibility, you can give votes.
You can look at the stats and give your votes: N.Freeman 40 possessions - 3 Votes!

Curly knows boot studding :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

C'mon Oracle now the sawmill jokes. Where have you been the sawmills have been shut down for years. You should chuck on the katmandu jacket and bring the SAAB up for a drive one weekend.
Last edited by CURLY on Mon 17 May 2021 4:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Freeman hasnt nominated YET for the mid season draft, he has until 25th May.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 17 May 2021 4:52pm C'mon Oracle mow the sawmill jokes. Where have you been the sawmills have been shut down for years. You should chuck on the katmandu jacket and bring the SAAB up for a drive one weekend.
SAAB, Katmandu??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You crack me up Curly.

Waiting on delivery of my new 2021 Mulliner from Southport in September and prefer Zegna or Hermes to active wear.

Geez they didn't teach you much at the saw mill Curly :lol:
You need to head back there and saw a few logs.

Looks like Curly knows as much about fashion and prestige motoring as he does about football :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 17 May 2021 5:06pm
CURLY wrote: Mon 17 May 2021 4:52pm C'mon Oracle mow the sawmill jokes. Where have you been the sawmills have been shut down for years. You should chuck on the katmandu jacket and bring the SAAB up for a drive one weekend.
You crack me up Curly.

Waiting on delivery of my new 2021 Mulliner from Southport in September and prefer Zegna or Hermes to active wear.

Looks like Curly knows as much about fashion and prestige motoring as he does about football :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What would us mere country folk know Oracle. Won't you please step in and save us. Oracle the merciful :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 17 May 2021 5:12pm
You crack me up Curly.

What would us mere country folk know Oracle. Won't you please step in and save us. Oracle the merciful :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alright, you've outlasted me today, I concede :lol:

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

For those that still have an interest in the OP,

Freeman so far hasn't nominated for the June Rookie Draft, but he has until Tuesday May 25th.
I hope he doesn't nominate, then our recruiters can't embarrass themselves, well, at least not with a Freeman selection.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-ne ... 78e2546027

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 17 May 2021 5:22pm
CURLY wrote: Mon 17 May 2021 5:12pm
You crack me up Curly.

Alright, you've outlasted me today, I concede :lol:
Time for a bex and to lay down with the blanket. :lol:

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

I'm very pleased that Nathan is finally getting reward for effort & I wish him all the best but IMO it would be a backward move for us to pick him up in the draft

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Mon 17 May 2021 4:47pm Just as an aside - Nathan has not nominated for the Mid Season Draft as at 3 Hours ago according to SEN.
SEN wrote: Top mid-season draft candidates Jacob Edwards, Tyson Stengle and Nathan Freeman are not among the initial list of 300 nominees.
He's got until next Tuesday.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 62179663df

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 17 May 2021 9:09pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Mon 17 May 2021 4:47pm Just as an aside - Nathan has not nominated for the Mid Season Draft as at 3 Hours ago according to SEN.
He's got until next Tuesday.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 62179663df

If Edwards does not want to go to North, he just needs to not nominate and instead wait for the national draft.

In the pre-season he is likely go go No1. In the National he will go later and so is odds of not playing for the Roos is greatly increased..

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
spert
Saintsational Legend

I would rather have Freeman back than have a broken down expensive Hanners sitting in the stands

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Tue 18 May 2021 9:19am I would rather have Freeman back than have a broken down expensive Hanners sitting in the stands
Unfortunately one does not absolve the other, simply compounds it.

MickThomas
Club Player

Luke Dunstan gets 30+ touches in VFL, once or twice, doesn't have dodgy hammies (or he might, I dunno)
and he can't get in (because he's an atrocious kick)
Can't see our club looking at Freeman who (by one poster) won't kick >30m and...has seemingly lost his acceleration.
If he tries to play inside in AFL, he'll get caught, if he plays outside the contest, he'll get caught.

If we see him at Marvel, it'll be on Lvl 2 or 3 in the stands.
Not on the field

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
MickThomas
Club Player

You crack me up Curly.

Is Southport a brand of clothing?
If not, what car is a Mulliner?
Oops
It's a Bentley.
Nice choice of vehicle.
Very pricey.
Curley can't use one to cart timber, you can't fit a roof rack to a convertible :mrgreen:

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

We have possibly an unequalled record in picking the lame, infirm and poorly talented just to field a side. Love to see a sign we can change that pattern. The dishonour roll is far too long; is there anyone in the footy department that can see medium to long term.

Paying hacks, for one year or multiple years whatever they once were, is so self defeating and I doubt it has any positive effect of the group, probably puts others' development back.

So frustrating. But will feel better in 3 - 4 weeks.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Tue 18 May 2021 9:19am I would rather have Freeman back than have a broken down expensive Hanners sitting in the stands
2 weeks cubed.
f*** didn't they know what they were getting themselves into?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote: Fri 21 May 2021 2:17am
You crack me up Curly.

Oops
It's a Bentley.
Nice choice of vehicle.
Very pricey.
Curley can't use one to cart timber, you can't fit a roof rack to a convertible :mrgreen:
Not the convertible, it's a retirement present.
I don't think I want Curly dropping a log in my car :lol:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Obviously his car is making up for inadequacy in other areas.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 21 May 2021 2:14pm
MickThomas wrote: Fri 21 May 2021 2:17am
You crack me up Curly.

Oops
It's a Bentley.
Nice choice of vehicle.
Very pricey.
Not the convertible, it's a retirement present.
I don't think I want Curly dropping a log in my car :lol:
I also brought myself a car as a retirement present. Two actually as I retired for good 9 years later and brought another car.

Still got them both too as they are both keepers. :wink:

One Black and the last one White. I already had a Red car. They look good lined up alongside one another in my drive way.