Fraser Gehrig

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kell
Club Player

Fraser Gehrig

Glad to see Fraser Gehrig smiling and happy at the footy. One of the most entertaining players of all time. He brought out the best and worst in others. Who could forget Wanganeen's "Olympic standard backward pike".

The G Train often got the rough end from attention seeking umpires. (eg "the tummy tap"). They are forgotten he is not.

Champion player and person!!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Fraser Gehrig

Fraser told the Triple M team why and where he sits in relation to the media,
some supporters could to to listen to him rather than some ' experts when it comes to denigrating players,

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/frase ... 5e883f2ee0
“Brayshaw, Lyon and these sorts of blokes, at the time I thought ‘go get stuffed’. You know, they’ve had a few beers and they want to come up and try to be heroes and I told them (where to go). So I’ll stand by that.

“I couldn’t care less, to be honest. Again, I don’t want to be rude and turn something into something that it’s not but we’ve seen with depression over the years get bigger and bigger – and we’ve all had it. Probably everyone in this room has had it and those sorts of things (the worst player votes) don’t help. I haven’t listened to Triple M for a long time but I hope you don’t do it (anymore).”

You can hear in the video player above how serious Gehrig was and how tense the room became – and his pointed comments had the Triple M team back-pedalling quicker than a fullback who had pushed the G-Train
over the edge in his prime.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

please come back and scare our bloody forwards into kicking straight frase!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
The Peanut
Club Player

Good on you G-Train - they are full of piss and wind.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Just listened, thanks for the link.

Good on you Fraser, give it to them.
No fan of Triple M and their macho blokey bulls***.
Particularly Lyon & Brayshaw.

Don't tell me Lyon didn't play the mental illness card when it was found out he'd been banging his best mates wife for 18 months to 2 years before it became public.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 16 May 2021 8:32pm Just listened, thanks for the link.

Don't tell me Lyon didn't play the mental illness card when it was found out he'd been banging his best mates wife for 18 months to 2 years before it became public.
Yep, just another lowlife with an ability to play footy. No other redeeming features that I can ascertain.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Really?

Do tell.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 18 May 2021 12:38pm

Really?

Do tell.
Let's just say I have known members of Billy's family for many years and that the story of the couples union being post the separation is absolute bulls***.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 18 May 2021 3:47pm

Really?

Do tell.
Let's just say I have known members of Billy's family for many years and that the story of the couples union being post the separation is absolute bulls***.
Yep, or so I am led to believe. The guy's a dog, and that's insulting to dog's. You don't root your mate's missus, ever.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 18 May 2021 3:47pm

Really?

Do tell.
Cool.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Calm seas please!!

I remember when I first began to re-connect with footy after moving O/S and discovered (about ten year’s later than everyone else) that you could listen to a live broadcast from Melbourne on the internet and it would blow out the monthly internet ‘load’. It was right at the very end of GTs era. The show I listened to was a MMM broadcast of a Friday night game from Marvell. JB, Lyon (BT?) Dunstall were all yapping on like little kids.

I was intrigued to hear their broad Aussie bloke accents - not having heard it so rich for so long..

And they were talking about Fraser. ‘He’s goin’ bezerk, the one-eyed carpet snake is goin’ off’ , yelped JB excitedly.. and mischievously. Dunstall, genuinely not looking to inflame the situation, couldn’t contain himself. I thought it was entertaining and funny..I was surprised, and later when I learnt more about how Fraser got those mad intense expression - I thought it was hilarious.

Later my Hawthorn friend was happy to tell me that Fraser had just taken a piss at the Beauwy Hotel ...and somehow I conflated the idea of ‘carpet snake’ and taking a piss on the fire place in the pub! Again I thought it was pretty funny.

The Billy/Garry/wife thing, well how can we judge? I know we will, but I really don’t know if there are any rules sometimes..Sometimes, the guys reminding you that a man doesn’t do x or y is the one doing it!!

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Moods
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Tue 18 May 2021 7:21pm Calm seas please!!

I remember when I first began to re-connect with footy after moving O/S and discovered (about ten year’s later than everyone else) that you could listen to a live broadcast from Melbourne on the internet and it would blow out the monthly internet ‘load’. It was right at the very end of GTs era. The show I listened to was a MMM broadcast of a Friday night game from Marvell. JB, Lyon (BT?) Dunstall were all yapping on like little kids.

I was intrigued to hear their broad Aussie bloke accents - not having heard it so rich for so long..

And they were talking about Fraser. ‘He’s goin’ bezerk, the one-eyed carpet snake is goin’ off’ , yelped JB excitedly.. and mischievously. Dunstall, genuinely not looking to inflame the situation, couldn’t contain himself. I thought it was entertaining and funny..I was surprised, and later when I learnt more about how Fraser got those mad intense expression - I thought it was hilarious.

Later my Hawthorn friend was happy to tell me that Fraser had just taken a piss at the Beauwy Hotel ...and somehow I conflated the idea of ‘carpet snake’ and taking a piss on the fire place in the pub! Again I thought it was pretty funny.

The Billy/Garry/wife thing, well how can we judge? I know we will, but I really don’t know if there are any rules sometimes..Sometimes, the guys reminding you that a man doesn’t do x or y is the one doing it!!
Bloody good post. Agree 100% with everything you said. MMM is what it is. If you don't like it switch stations. Rex Hunt used to carry on like a pork chop and everyone loved him. I loved Fraser as a player but gee whiz the high moral ground from a bloke who pissed on a woman's leg at a pub???? He was no saint (pardon the pun) and he may have had a big angry look and a mean haircut but he certainly wasn't in the top 50 toughest blokes who have played for the Saints. Having said that it's not G Train's fault that everyone's swooning over him and his comments about MMM. He was asked a direct question and he answered it.

As for Lyon and Billy. None of our business. I guarantee no one knows the full story apart from a couple of people. Billy is/was CERTAINLY no Saint and certainly wasn't hubby of the year. What is obvious is that both parties have reconciled their differences to a degree so I'm not sure why the public get so uptight?? I, for one, are one of the few people who enjoy listening to Lyon's opinion. Incredibly well spoken guy. His eulogy to the late great Jim Stynes one of the most moving speeches I have ever heard.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Personally I don't have an issue if they were already separated, but when they are still together and its supposedly your best mate its a little hard to swallow.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Tue 18 May 2021 8:37pm Incredibly well spoken guy.
I'm surprised by that comment, I find his country drawl and diction annoying and amateurish.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 18 May 2021 8:39pm

Personally I don't have an issue if they were already separated, but when they are still together and its supposedly your best mate its a little hard to swallow.
Yep, I can appreciate that, and I think one has to expect that reaction from others if they ‘go there’ or ‘it just goes there’.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Lyon is a personable fellow and a good commentator.

Some blokes on here are so dripping with bile they must burn a hole in the porcelain every time they piss.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Wed 19 May 2021 6:08am Lyon is a personable fellow and a good commentator.

Some blokes on here are so dripping with bile they must burn a hole in the porcelain every time they piss.
So you reckon it's okay to screw your best mate's wife? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Or at least it has no effect on how you view the turd?