Home and Away Club Members Tickets Exhausted

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Home and Away Club Members Tickets Exhausted

Well, I was on the ticketek website at 10 am sharp this morning and there are no tickets for Sunday's match available. Exhausted :(

I thought capacity was supposed to be 85% this week. What gives?

This is the cr@p I am receiving from Ticketek
There aren't enough tickets to meet your request right now. Please try a different ticket category or type, with a reduced quantity of tickets.
If you receive this message even when selecting only one ticket, all remaining tickets are being transacted by other customers.

Absolute garbage!
Last edited by samuraisaint on Mon 05 Jul 2021 9:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
longtimesaint
Club Player

Re: Home and Away Club Members Tickets Exhausted

I got three ok at 10:05

One year will be our year
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote: Wed 30 Jun 2021 11:48am I got three ok at 10:05
I was on that site at 10 am sharp and I couldn't get jack. Maybe because I need four tickets? I dunno. Absolute joke.

Have tried putting in for two tickets only and same message.
Pathetic!

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

It would be interesting to see how many tickets were made available for us?
Couldn't get them as well, oh well, the weather looks awful for Sunday, but I would still rather go.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Wed 30 Jun 2021 12:09pm It would be interesting to see how many tickets were made available for us?
Couldn't get them as well, oh well, the weather looks awful for Sunday, but I would still rather go.
Not many would be my guess. And good luck if there are a few of you wanting to sit together.
If AFL members with home cllub support couldn't get theirs yesterday when they went on sale there couldn't be too many available.

Is it still restricted to 25,000 spectators? It must be, surely. No way would this game have sold 85% capacity worth of tickets.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Wed 30 Jun 2021 12:14pm
Bruce G McAbee wrote: Wed 30 Jun 2021 12:09pm It would be interesting to see how many tickets were made available for us?
Not many would be my guess. And good luck if there are a few of you wanting to sit together.
If AFL members with home cllub support couldn't get theirs yesterday when they went on sale there couldn't be too many available.

Is it still restricted to 25,000 spectators? It must be, surely. No way would this game have sold 85% capacity worth of tickets.
I think it is 25% capacity. Hard to keep up with the shifting sands.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

I was also on at 10am looking for 3 tkts and couldn’t get any. Have tried numerous times since without luck.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

I was lucky enough to get 6 at 10am. I was told we were allocated 2,500 out of the 25,000.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote: Wed 30 Jun 2021 2:12pm I was lucky enough to get 6 at 10am. I was told we were allocated 2,500 out of the 25,000.
You did very well.

I think sometimes it can depend on the speed of your device or internet speeds sometimes in these situations (and I used to work at one of the two big ticketing outlets).

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

So now it appears that people were able to buy multiple tickets without using their memberships.

So, just out of interest, because I was unable to buy tickets for myself and three other members of my family who were entitled to see us play Collingwood, I called the club last week and they were unable to do anything.

How then is it possible for people to buy tickets for a game with a cap of 25000 when members and MCC are supposed to get first dibs, without a membership access code???
Last edited by samuraisaint on Mon 05 Jul 2021 9:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

To add insult to injury, there were only 18,000 people at the game.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote: Mon 05 Jul 2021 7:10pm To add insult to injury, there were only 18,000 people at the game.
To be honest I find that disgusting. we paid good money for our memberships which should have been able to be used, along with our access codes, to collect tickets to watch the Saints play. And then I hear that people were able to buy tickets without using their memberships. Those tickets were supposed to be earmarked for members who pay for memberships and who have been sent access codes by the club. Not held back for the public to buy.
:(