Season in danger

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Season in danger

saynta wrote: Thu 15 Jul 2021 10:59am
ROLS-LEE wrote: Thu 15 Jul 2021 12:33am
st.byron wrote: Wed 14 Jul 2021 8:55pm
saynta wrote: Wed 14 Jul 2021 7:54pm
magnifisaint wrote: Wed 14 Jul 2021 7:48pm So Slo Mo reckons that NSW quarantine is the Gold Standard!🤣🤣🤣🤣
Been better than Victoria so far but lets wait and see. Problem is letting unvaccinated people in from overseas.
IMO the border should just be shut. No o/s trips period. No-one comes in. Seems to me that every outbreak is the result of someone bringing it back from travelling o/s.
Just because your vaccinated, doesn't stop you from contracting the virus and spreading it. It just lowers the mortality rate of the vaccinated. Just stop international travel.

yep. I couldn't get my head around why the numbers whinging about the difficulty in getting back to Oz kept hanging around 35,000 even with over 23 thousand coming back into quarantine each month.

Then I saw an article about 40,000 citizens and 5,000 visa holders being given permission to leave each month.
For example, I know a person who went to Mexico for three months to escape the Melbourne lockdown last year. Permission was granted to leave coz she went for 3 months or more. Came back after 4 months - straight into quarantine - Covid free no problem. But that’s exactly the kind of scenario where someone could bring back Covid. Govt needs to toughen up and make it very hard to leave. Expats who have been living or Woking o/s and néed to come home - okay. But people heading off for 3 month leisure tours - nup.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Norf+Bombers flying to Qld.
AFL announced

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Thu 15 Jul 2021 11:20am
magnifisaint wrote: Wed 14 Jul 2021 7:48pm So Slo Mo reckons that NSW quarantine is the Gold Standard!🤣🤣🤣🤣
Been better than Victoria so far but lets wait and see. Problem is letting unvaccinated people in from overseas.
IMO the border should just be shut. No o/s trips period. No-one comes in. Seems to me that every outbreak is the result of someone bringing it back from travelling o/s.
Just because your vaccinated, doesn't stop you from contracting the virus and spreading it. It just lowers the mortality rate of the vaccinated. Just stop international travel.

yep. I couldn't get my head around why the numbers whinging about the difficulty in getting back to Oz kept hanging around 35,000 even with over 23 thousand coming back into quarantine each month.

Then I saw an article about 40,000 citizens and 5,000 visa holders being given permission to leave each month.
For example, I know a person who went to Mexico for three months to escape the Melbourne lockdown last year. Permission was granted to leave coz she went for 3 months or more. Came back after 4 months - straight into quarantine - Covid free no problem. But that’s exactly the kind of scenario where someone could bring back Covid. Govt needs to toughen up and make it very hard to leave. Expats who have been living or Woking o/s and néed to come home - okay. But people heading off for 3 month leisure tours - nup.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/why- ... 586nu.html

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 15 Jul 2021 1:03pm
st.byron wrote: Thu 15 Jul 2021 11:20am

https://www.theage.com.au/national/why- ... 586nu.html
Nuts. 40,000 people leaving each month in a pandemic. I understand that there are family issues - my wife’s an immigrant and hasn’t seen her family for way too long. It’s tough. Still should shut the border IMO.

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

I think we can forget about going to the game Saturday, just announced 2 cases linked to the MCG members. What pisses me off more is that these removalists aren't co-operating with authorities. As far as I am concerned they should be thrown in jail and their drivers licences suspended for 12 months. Their stupidity and complete failure to follow the rules, as well as that family in Craigieburn, have screwed Victoria again. Not to mention that NSW should have gone into strict lock down weeks earlier than they did.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: Wed 14 Jul 2021 7:28pm
SaintJohn1956 wrote: Wed 14 Jul 2021 6:26pm WA have said anyone from Victoria must quarantine for 14 days - presumably this might mean we wont be going to WA
So…West Coast have to come to Melbourne to play us in Round 19… cool 8-)
I don't think anyone is coming to Victoria anytime soon now - not if they ever want to return home. It's pretty much just Queensland or Tassie now.

Go you red, black & white warriors
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Selfish people f*** it for the 99 % doing the right thing.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Thu 15 Jul 2021 2:13pm I think we can forget about going to the game Saturday, just announced 2 cases linked to the MCG members. What pisses me off more is that these removalists aren't co-operating with authorities. As far as I am concerned they should be thrown in jail and their drivers licences suspended for 12 months. Their stupidity and complete failure to follow the rules, as well as that family in Craigieburn, have screwed Victoria again. Not to mention that NSW should have gone into strict lock down weeks earlier than they did.
These absolute arsewipes have now stuffed regional NSW as well. They stopped off at Gundgai and Hay on the way back to Sydney from their little shitshow run into the Vic and SA.

Simple solution - amend the legislation under the State of Emergency to place those who won't co-operate in Jail ... until they do co-operate. Monetary fines clearly aren't a deterrent.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Impatient Sainter wrote: Wed 14 Jul 2021 11:28pm If Melbourne goes back into lock down I can see the entire AFL moving to either SA or WA depending on whatever state accepts them.

NRL have moved all their clubs to QLD, so I'd imagine that precludes the AFL going up there as well.
It can't be SA and/or WA - they've both closed their borders to incomings (have to do 14 days iso). So - it's Qld or Tassie. Or better still NT

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Thu 15 Jul 2021 2:26pm
Bruce G McAbee wrote: Thu 15 Jul 2021 2:13pm I think we can forget about going to the game Saturday, just announced 2 cases linked to the MCG members. What pisses me off more is that these removalists aren't co-operating with authorities. As far as I am concerned they should be thrown in jail and their drivers licences suspended for 12 months. Their stupidity and complete failure to follow the rules, as well as that family in Craigieburn, have screwed Victoria again. Not to mention that NSW should have gone into strict lock down weeks earlier than they did.
These absolute arsewipes have now stuffed regional NSW as well. They stopped off at Gundgai and Hay on the way back to Sydney from their little shitshow run into the Vic and SA.

Simple solution - amend the legislation under the State of Emergency to place those who won't co-operate in Jail ... until they do co-operate. Monetary fines clearly aren't a deterrent.
The little richmond guy spent three weeks in the can over Christmas. Good enough for WA to lock up a poor indigenous guy , good enough to lock up these arsewipes.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

As it stands at the moment playing Port on Sat night at Marvel and then flying to Perth Sunday. But ever changing.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

probably ... given hindsight

should have gone the ring of steel
around the first 7 suburbs
(of where i was/am)

that way ... it was contained in the east

i think , its got west ... by the sheer numbers of tradies
and supply line providers moving into the east for their daily grind

(the cost of housing in the east prohibits most workers from living here ... and i remember banging on about that aspect of sydney reality 20 years ago)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

asiu wrote: Thu 15 Jul 2021 2:31pm probably ... given hindsight

should have gone the ring of steel
around the first 7 suburbs
(of where i was/am)

that way ... it was contained in the east

i think , its got west ... by the sheer numbers of tradies
and supply line providers moving into the east for their daily grind

(the cost of housing in the east prohibits most workers from living here ... and i remember banging on about that aspect of sydney reality 20 years ago)
Spot on mate. Anyone who's lived any amount of time in Sydney knows that the North is the easiest to lockdown; the East is heavily populated and very mobile (no surprise it got to Wollongong before other parts of Sydney) and once it gets into the South West and true West of Sydney ... goodnight Nurse. Densely populated and multiple generations of family members all living together who regularly visit other family members and friends.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

forever?

becuase thats what you are saying. we all need to learn to live with COVID. just like the Flu, people get sick with the flu people die with the Flu.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

yep

especially accurate after ... goodnight nurse

in this instance
they could have used the 'old aussies'
tendencies towards 'separateness' as a positive

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

No crowds

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Can someone enlighten me? So will port stay out of SA fir two weeks after playing us. And how can we go to Perth next week with doing the QT? TIA

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Thu 15 Jul 2021 2:30pm As it stands at the moment playing Port on Sat night at Marvel and then flying to Perth Sunday. But ever changing.
14 day quarantine means staying in Perth till the following Sunday arvo.
The Rd 20 game vs Carlton is on the Saturday, unless the AFL changes it to Monday.
It can't be the Sunday as it means the guys jump off the plane n pretty much go straight to Marvel.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote: Thu 15 Jul 2021 6:13pm Can someone enlighten me? So will port stay out of SA fir two weeks after playing us. And how can we go to Perth next week with doing the QT? TIA
Get into Perth on the Sunday and train in a park near their hotel, or use a bus driven by a club official

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Can I indulge you in the private world of SG (St Kilda's eminent ruckman of the '70s)
How do you feel about me coming back to visit my parents in August or September from Japan? Don't worry. It seems to be nigh impossible now. I've been waiting 16 months. Aussie embassy in Tokyo, says, 'Japan Airlines' will flu you to Sydney. I ask them about transit to Melbourne. They say, 'good luck, contact the respective State governments'. Victorian government advisory sent me 10,000 links created at various dates between January and June...and a robot message saying, 'Thanks for contacting our team' I write back in fury.....'I get another ten links which are out of date telling me how to apply for Sydney to Melbourne if Sydney is Green Zone..which it isn't.

It is a shambles.

And it is bloody awful getting their impersonal rubbish, robot millions-of-links-I-aint-taking-any-responsibility-for-giving-you-a-way approach...but I understand it. Which makes it even more BS and painful.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Saint_Singapore
Club Player

Here we go.. lets leave all the homeless australian citizens abroad to fend for themselves.. u little git

saynta
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 15 Jul 2021 9:10pm Can I indulge you in the private world of SG (St Kilda's eminent ruckman of the '70s)
How do you feel about me coming back to visit my parents in August or September from Japan? Don't worry. It seems to be nigh impossible now. I've been waiting 16 months. Aussie embassy in Tokyo, says, 'Japan Airlines' will flu you to Sydney. I ask them about transit to Melbourne. They say, 'good luck, contact the respective State governments'. Victorian government advisory sent me 10,000 links created at various dates between January and June...and a robot message saying, 'Thanks for contacting our team' I write back in fury.....'I get another ten links which are out of date telling me how to apply for Sydney to Melbourne if Sydney is Green Zone..which it isn't.

It is a shambles.

And it is bloody awful getting their impersonal rubbish, robot millions-of-links-I-aint-taking-any-responsibility-for-giving-you-a-way approach...but I understand it. Which makes it even more BS and painful.
It's a very cruel and dangerous world at the moment mate .
All the lockdowns stem from the virus escaping quarantine and brought in from people coming in from.overseas so you won't get much sympathy from.the general public.

Sad but true.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saint_Singapore wrote: Thu 15 Jul 2021 9:16pm

Here we go.. lets leave all the homeless australian citizens abroad to fend for themselves.. u little git
🤔🤨👎

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Rumour has the removalists doing more than just removals…thus the lack in info coming back to authorities

Suggestion is they were also providing a delivery service..

#1 Ryder fan
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 15 Jul 2021 10:07pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 15 Jul 2021 9:10pm Can I indulge you in the private world of SG (St Kilda's eminent ruckman of the '70s)

It is a shambles.

It's a very cruel and dangerous world at the moment mate .
All the lockdowns stem from the virus escaping quarantine and brought in from people coming in from.overseas so you won't get much sympathy from.the general public.

Sad but true.
Fair enough Saynta. Thanks for your reply.

Just so disappointing given the breakthough in vaccinations. I'm sorted for vaxes.

I just thought we'd be further on by now..Now the limitations on visitors.

On a side note. I suspect this amount of vigilance is based on preventative mitigation for more virus deviations...perhaps ones that our vaxes can't stop? Delta ? Gamma? Epsilon?

Anyway, I am blessed to have 3 sisters watching my parents. Others are not. Some friends have just taken their chances. Including those interstate who have just driven to Melbourne with ailing parents. Of course, no one would imagine it would go on so long, but with vaccinations it seems hard to understand.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!