The 'St Kilda Trap'.. be carefl Sydney...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Re: The 'St Kilda Trap'.. be carefl Sydney...

Scollop wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 9:19pm
Mr Magic wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 1:01pm
saynta wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 12:29pm
Mr Magic wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 9:05am
Scollop wrote: Wed 06 Oct 2021 7:52am
Mr Magic wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 9:38pm
The_Dud wrote: Tue 05 Oct 2021 9:35pm Geez it doesn’t take long for some supporters to turn on one of our club greats!
Scollop?
That’s it…just brush off the remark

You turn on club greats like BJ and a former captain of the club in Luke Ball. They gave their all for our club and they were let down by an incompetent and weak board and management that allowed Ross Lyon to tear down the fabric of our great team. A team of young men and future leaders that was built long before he set foot at our club.

Lyon and the board of directors and the CEO basically led us down the toilet. Lyon’s penchant for focussing on his stars also led to the salary cap issues. If he played more of the youngsters, perhaps some of the senior players wouldn’t have thought they were so irreplaceable and wouldn’t have demanded what they did

Ross Lyon publicly humiliated Ball in the media during 2009. Ross was the catalyst for his exodus and everyone knows it. He talked him down and the club backed their coach. ‘In Ross we Trust’. Lyon is the reason that Luke Ball went to Collingwood.

But I suppose you (and others who pined for Rossy boy to come back to St Kilda) had forgiven Rossy for all his faults… and all his scapegoating of players. Ross said it was the ‘end of an era’ when some of our superstars were still only 27 or 28. A winning culture suddenly became a defeatist culture!!

Lyon to his players: “You are not good enough”

The sheep and the dumb St Kilda supporters that drank the Lyon branded cool-aid: “Ok, we better start rebuilding then”

Rossy told the players they were all washed up in 2011 (once he’d landed his plum job at Freo). I mean, jeeeezz… If Ross says it and if the media says it’s true…it must be! His disciples were so mesmerised by the super coach that whatever words he spoke were never questioned. You don’t ‘despise’ the way he scarred them like that and you forgave him for that didn’t you?!
You seem obsessed.
You do know this is a Football Forum where people are allowed to express opinions?
Even opinions you don’t agree with.
No matter how shrill your posts become you’re unlikely to sway posters into agreeing with your opinion even if you believe your opinion is superior to theirs.
Love your posts Mr M, but there is more than a bit of truth in what Scollop has posted about that turd Lyin and as that say, the truth hurts. Time to accept a little bit of what everyone says about that see you...

And for the record I think for myself and my views are my own. Not easily swayed by anyone.

Lyin lost me long before he walked out on the club. His treatment of Ball and Maxy was unforgivable as was his blatant throwing of the match against Sydney .

Just a very nasty and unlikable person imhfo.
No problem Saynta.
I find it interesting that I never raised Lyon at all in this thread. My comments were strictly about Goddard, Ball and Dal. I criticized Ball for the way he and his management engineered his move to Colonwood.

Scollop, in his usual inimitable style, has ascribed thoughts/feelings to me that were never posted and has taken umbrage at my never expressed 'thoughts on that.
Talk about a convoluted way to get outraged.
Just a few quick question MM. You have publicly bagged BJ and Ball, so how about you come clean on Ross

What are your feelings in regard to his overall time with us and his legacy at our football club? Would you have Ross Lyon back at St Kilda?

Who would you consider to be more of a 'St Kilda' icon; BJ Goddard or R Lyon?

Would you have BJ and Ball back? Who's word would you trust more; Lyon's or Luke Ball's?

Don't you find it ironic that some people respect Ross for taking the best offer and more money (to look after his family) and yet they bag Luke Ball for doing exactly the same thing?

Yes MM, I have outrage, but it's only aimed at Lyon and not at people who have a different opinion to mine.

Happy to hear opinions of others. I don't think enough people realise that Ross Lyon mentally scarred his players and kept finding excuses for himself by implying (on several occasions throughout 2011 but also in post match press conferences including in the 2009 GF) that St Kilda players were not good enough.
OK, I’ll respond.
I think Lyon’s actions when engineering his departure from StKilda were treacherous
I have no opinion about his character other than that because I don’t know him personally.

Would I have Luke Ball back at the Club?
Not unless he publicly apologised for his actions when leaving.

Would I have Ross Lyon back at the Club?
Not unless he publicly apologised for his actions when leaving.

Would I have Brendan Goddard back at the Club?
Yes as he didn’t denigrate the Club on his way out and he’s entitled to his opinions. I don’t necessarily agree with all his opinions but that doesn’t make him wrong and me right.

Did I enjoy Ross Lyon’s coaching of our team?
I’ve been a member since 1963 and 2009 was one of the most enjoyable times I’ve had as a supporter ( bar the last quarter of the GF)

BUT I’m not consumed with hatred over the going’s on of people involved with my football club.
I’m just a supporter.
There’s no life of death involved here.
I’m sorry but your constant overreactions seem weird to me.
You’ve seemingly got a problem with anybody who doesn’t back your view of anything.
You fly off the handle whenever anybody expresses a differing view to yours.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for responding MM. Being a little more animated than others, and flying off the handle ( i.e. being dramatic) usually gets people's attention and is much more interesting than being vanilla

I do respond with an aggressive tone at times and I realise that people are uncomfortable with that, but it doesn't phase me

I don't post on the forum to make friends

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I'll never forget BJ for the Granny in 2010. No other way to put it. f****** massive.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
B.M
Saintsational Legend

BJ clearly sees himself as an Ex Bomber.

Best and Fairest and Captain there and still good mates with current players

Just did the Essendon list analysis on Essendon and continually said Us, Ourselves etc…

He wasn’t happy about leaving the Saints, and even after the deal was done he rang Pelchen and asked if he really wanted to go ahead with not offering a fair contract - and his preference was to stay at STK

It was a disaster (all for 50k and 1 extra year)

We got pick 13 turned that into a C Grade player and a pick 24 who ended up being no good.

The fact
BJ
Ball (zero compensation)
Dal (Billy Longer)
Steven (pick FA)

Champions who ended up leaving and playing great footy elsewhere!

Then you have Lockett, Hall, Everett, Smith, Lappin, that went on to be stars at other clubs

Throw in
McEvoy
Lynch
Stanley

A lot of these players don’t even see themselves as Ex Saints anymore and prefer the team they went to.

Hate hearing ex Saints champions associate themselves more with another club
Last edited by B.M on Thu 07 Oct 2021 12:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Spider, the one out in that lot, has remained true to the Saints.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

He walked though

Was AA ruckman in 04

If that was with the Saints - we easily win the 04 premiership

saynta
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Thu 07 Oct 2021 12:10pm He walked though

Was AA ruckman in 04

If that was with the Saints - we easily win the 04 premiership
yep. Fell out with Grant I believe. More than our fair share of that happening.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

spiders story as i know/knew it
was that he felt estranged from the club
until he was reached out to

one of our 'cultural growth spurts'
involved spiders coming back ... imo

'n kudos to those involved
working the 'inclusive' angle

anyone Anyone ANYONE who has been a part
should be welcomed back

we can only grow from it

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.