Draft Central Power Rankings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: Draft Central Power Rankings

saynta wrote: Fri 22 Oct 2021 5:12pm
cwrcyn wrote: Fri 22 Oct 2021 4:57pm Cal Twomey is far more accurate at predicting the top 30 than Chris Doerre
thumbs up. :lol:
I'll have to compare Knightmare's 2021 Phantom Draft and Cal Twomey's 2021 Phantom Draft with the actual 2021 Draft and see who is the nearest the pin.

Won't be able to post a result until after the 2nd day of the draft on the 25th of November.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I don't have a dog in this fight yet as the picks from about 6-15 are really up in the air.

I'm growing partial ever so slightly to Amiss, who could potentially act as the key component in completing our spine, and give us the flexibility to recruit Ben King and use him as the ultimate CHB. I think he can become the league's best defender of the 2020's and potentially revolutionise the way we played, especially at a time when quality defenders are becoming harder and harder to find. Adding Amiss has risks - as all young KPPs do - but the upside is what his role unlocks elsewhere on the field.

At some point, having gone with Clark and Coffield as top 10s in recent drafts, with Bytel and Byrnes also set to go in it may be time to recruit a premium young KPP once again. We were just so burned by McCartin but it's time to accept that was seven years ago.

Still, there's a long time to the draft, and I'm happy to admit I need to watch more tape before finding a final position - and absolutely accept we need more premium midfielders, too. I'm just not quite this crop - at the pick range we have - will produce the kind of outstanding midfielder we seek.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

I don't think Amiss will get past Freo's picks, they would be mad to let him slide past their first 2 picks, which are both before our pick.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

evertonfc wrote: Fri 22 Oct 2021 6:25pm I don't have a dog in this fight yet as the picks from about 6-15 are really up in the air.

I'm growing partial ever so slightly to Amiss, who could potentially act as the key component in completing our spine, and give us the flexibility to recruit Ben King and use him as the ultimate CHB. I think he can become the league's best defender of the 2020's and potentially revolutionise the way we played, especially at a time when quality defenders are becoming harder and harder to find. Adding Amiss has risks - as all young KPPs do - but the upside is what his role unlocks elsewhere on the field.

At some point, having gone with Clark and Coffield as top 10s in recent drafts, with Bytel and Byrnes also set to go in it may be time to recruit a premium young KPP once again. We were just so burned by McCartin but it's time to accept that was seven years ago.

Still, there's a long time to the draft, and I'm happy to admit I need to watch more tape before finding a final position - and absolutely accept we need more premium midfielders, too. I'm just not quite this crop - at the pick range we have - will produce the kind of outstanding midfielder we seek.
Would not draft a Western Australian with our top pick too risky South Australian is ok because it's only a car trip from Victoria

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

There’s an article on Mitch Owens in the HUN can anyone paste it?

#1 Ryder fan
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The relevant paragraphs:

Sandringham Dragons midfielder Owens is available to St Kilda as an NGA prospect only if he falls outside of the protected top 20 selections in the national draft

But rivals are considering taking him in the late teens given his emerging midfield game because they believe he has a huge upside curtailed by two NAB League seasons impacted by Covid

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

kosifantutti wrote: Wed 27 Oct 2021 8:27pm The relevant paragraphs:

Sandringham Dragons midfielder Owens is available to St Kilda as an NGA prospect only if he falls outside of the protected top 20 selections in the national draft

But rivals are considering taking him in the late teens given his emerging midfield game because they believe he has a huge upside curtailed by two NAB League seasons impacted by Covid
Don't know much about Owens but apparently is rated highly by other clubs lets just cross our fingers & hope he still available 21 or higher

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Be just our luck
Get 2 decent academy kids
AFL change rules (after Dogs gifted last year)
We get screwed over
Comps rigged

“Yeah….nah””
silverhalo
Club Player

I wouldn't be unhappy if we took Matthew Johnson - tall inside/outside mid who oozes class (think Pendlebury) - WA boy so go home factor could be a worry but I think he definitely fills a need for us

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

silverhalo wrote: Sat 30 Oct 2021 8:14pm I wouldn't be unhappy if we took Matthew Johnson - tall inside/outside mid who oozes class (think Pendlebury) - WA boy so go home factor could be a worry but I think he definitely fills a need for us

That's the issue with WA boys we do all the work & get them to a stage were we can reap the rewards & then they want to go home . Don't get me wrong he looks very good but I wouldn't risk it :wink:

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"