Charlie Constable delisted by Geelong

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Charlie Constable delisted by Geelong

mad saint guy wrote: Wed 27 Oct 2021 12:28am I'd be happy to give Constable a spot on the list. At worst he's a capable backup inside ball pig in case of injury to Steele or Crouch. At best he builds his tank and ends up becoming a more rounded player who can average 30 disposals a game. At his age and with his frame he still has a lot of upside.

He had incredibly low TOG at Geelong in his few opportunities - this was likely due to a combination of not having the running capacity required to play as a full time mid and the fact that he was fighting for a spot behind Dangerfield, Guthrie, Selwood, Duncan, Menegola, Parfitt, Smith, Higgins, Kelly and Steven.

Constable averaged more disposals in his first season than Josh Kennedy did in his third. There's something there.
I agree with you msg. People are writing him off too quickly. Limited opportunities at Geelong. Much rather have him on the list than Kent.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Yes I'll go with those wanting the club to pick up Constable

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Can't kick can't play!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Geelong wouldn't have dumped the Constable if he had potential, i'd say they knew that, because he wasn't much chop they weren't going to be able to hold another club
to ransom, as is their way at trade time, if that club wanted to trade for the Charlie, hence, gonski.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?