Jake returns to his roots

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Jake returns to his roots

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Re: Jake returns to his roots

It made sense when you'd post these and actually paste the article, but it's kinda weird that you now post with only the link.

You do know it's protected by a pay wall dont you?

...and if a St Kilda supporter has bothered to subscribe to the Hun, they'd surely have read anything on it vaguely related to St Kilda.

Are you posting so that we all know you're a subscriber?

If so, bravo - nice work! :roll:

Look again it's the Flash!!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Carlisle is going to play for Craigieburn.
Here he is with the guy he’s replacing at Centre Half Back.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote: Sat 13 Nov 2021 3:27pm It made sense when you'd post these and actually paste the article, but it's kinda weird that you now post with only the link.

...and if a St Kilda supporter has bothered to subscribe to the Hun, they'd surely have read anything on it vaguely related to St Kilda.

No, you are dead wrong there, I post lots of links. To afl.com and saints .com. for example

I will also pm the contents to those that ask but are blocked by the paywall. As a mate said, my subscription, my decision.

I just aren't prepared anymore to give a free read to arseholes who put s*** on the hun or age like they did in the past whenever I posted an article from those papers.

They weren't very clever.

I will pm you the article if I can.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with criticising the content of an article when warranted.

We’re all entitled to our opinions and everyone should share if they can do so without resorting swearing and abuse. No idea why one would get protective over an opinion of a newspaper article unless they’re prone to over-personalise things. Fortunately anyone that takes my opinion too seriously would have just been ignoring me for years and would not comment on such things several times a week.

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sat 13 Nov 2021 7:45pm
The Linton Street Flash wrote: Sat 13 Nov 2021 3:27pm It made sense when you'd post these and actually paste the article, but it's kinda weird that you now post with only the link.

No, you are dead wrong there, I post lots of links. To afl.com and saints .com. for example

I will also pm the contents to those that ask but are blocked by the paywall. As a mate said, my subscription, my decision.

I just aren't prepared anymore to give a free read to arseholes who put s*** on the hun or age like they did in the past whenever I posted an article from those papers.

Jesus, why would you give a s*** if someone hung s*** on article posted by a paper?? ...I'm assuming you're not writing or endorsing it, you're just posting it so other people can have a read right?

How about posting it but add in some directions on how you'd like the article to be interpreted, responded to etc?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote: Sun 14 Nov 2021 10:19am

Jesus, why would you give a s*** if someone hung s*** on article posted by a paper?? ...I'm assuming you're not writing or endorsing it, you're just posting it so other people can have a read right?

How about posting it but add in some directions on how you'd like the article to be interpreted, responded to etc?
Thanks for your suggestion but no thanks. As I said before, my subscription my decision. :wink:

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 14 Nov 2021 10:22am

Thanks for your suggestion but no thanks. As I said before, my subscription my decision. :wink:
You're a real killjoy Santa!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote: Sun 14 Nov 2021 11:20am
saynta wrote: Sun 14 Nov 2021 10:22am

You're a real killjoy Santa!
I sent you the article didn't I.

I just don't see why people who profess to hate the Murdoch press and who refuse to pay for a subscription, should get to see the article for free.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Rest assured Saynta, after that last incident where you got upset by my critique of the article… I make of point of not reading or writing about them anymore
I didn’t even realise they were behind a paywall until ppl started posting about it.

To be honest, the articles aren’t interesting enough to warrant this level of discussion. FWIW, I do genuinely feel guilty that my response has bothered you as much as it has. I really thought you simply didnt give a damn about any opinion of mine… that’s certainly what you post

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Jake Carlisle. Complete waste of space and not worth the time to read what he's up to. Never delivered anything at Saints and when he finally had a chance to deliver something, he packed up and went home to witness the birth of his THIRD child - 2 weeks before it was born - while we were in the middle of a finals series for the first time in 9 years.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

He was massively overrated

Built like Tarzan and played like Jane

minneapolis
Club Player

Yeah those 20m up and under kicks really annoyed me.

Lucky we got Gresh or the deal would have been a sorry one.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
darylcowie
Club Player

I'm sure Jake will cut up numerous opposition forward thrusts and inhale every last one!

its time to make a name for yourself like you've never made before!
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Charming.

Good luck with your future Jake and thank you for your service.

Saint supporter since '62
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote: Wed 17 Nov 2021 10:45am Charming.

Good luck with your future Jake and thank you for your service.
Plus one.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

How would you rate Jake’s career at Stk

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

B.M wrote: Wed 17 Nov 2021 11:29am How would you rate Jake’s career at Stk
Purely in a playing sense? A pass. He certainly made our backline better. First year was pretty good and then tailed off from there - 66 games over 5 seasons shows that. Clearly cruelled by a debilitating back injury.

As a trade though - Carlisle and the pick that turned into Jade Gresham for our pick 5 (which the Bummers used on Aaron Francis and no, they already had the pick they used on Parish) means that we won that trade so, not all was lost.

Now to get some return from Gresham for the remainder of his career to make it truly a win for us

Go you red, black & white warriors
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Wed 17 Nov 2021 11:50am
Purely in a playing sense? A pass. He certainly made our backline better. First year was pretty good and then tailed off from there - 66 games over 5 seasons shows that. Clearly cruelled by a debilitating back injury.

As a trade though - Carlisle and the pick that turned into Jade Gresham for our pick 5 (which the Bummers used on Aaron Francis and no, they already had the pick they used on Parish) means that we won that trade so, not all was lost.

Now to get some return from Gresham for the remainder of his career to make it truly a win for us
Mnn..I had supposed he was in out top five or ten players for a while.
Massively disappointed he left us last year like that, but more disgusted they let his back-up walk away mid season.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

I thought Jake was underwhelming

A bit to do with injury

Bit to do with attitude

Bit to do with his MO which is not to defend

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

B.M wrote: Wed 17 Nov 2021 1:02pm I thought Jake was underwhelming

A bit to do with injury

Bit to do with attitude

Bit to do with his MO which is not to defend
That last part is not really on Jake. He was never a defensive defender at the Bummers (they were actually happier trying to turn him into a forward). We got Logan Austin to be that guy but that didn't work out so, then we got Howard.

I agree with the attitude. I met him a few times and he seemed like a genuinely nice guy but, I got the feeling every time that he wasn't exactly going to die from stress

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

shanegrambeau wrote: Wed 17 Nov 2021 12:55pm

Massively disappointed he left us last year like that, but more disgusted they let his back-up walk away mid season.
What? Nathan Brown? FFS mate. Brown was going to retire at year's end anyway. The club literally had no hold over him to keep him - Nathan leaving was on Nathan; not the club. No one signed up for however many unknown months away from home. Seriously :roll:

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Wed 17 Nov 2021 2:36pm

What? Nathan Brown? FFS mate. Brown was going to retire at year's end anyway. The club literally had no hold over him to keep him - Nathan leaving was on Nathan; not the club. No one signed up for however many unknown months away from home. Seriously :roll:
I am 100% serious…and disgusted. (Based on what I know….)
Not by Nathan Brown…I don’t blame him…if the club is so soft and weak…and let him…who had signed a contract to be a backup big defender for one year…

He was supposed to be ready and waiting.

He was gone.

We had no back up.

One year contract..pissed, gomesky

We were NOT competitive….we will NEVER and competitive.,like this..

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

shanegrambeau wrote: Wed 17 Nov 2021 2:49pm
Saintmatt wrote: Wed 17 Nov 2021 2:36pm

I am 100% serious…and disgusted. (Based on what I know….)
Not by Nathan Brown…I don’t blame him…if the club is so soft and weak…and let him…who had signed a contract to be a backup big defender for one year…

He was supposed to be ready and waiting.

He was gone.

We had no back up.

One year contract..pissed, gomesky

We were NOT competitive….we will NEVER and competitive.,like this..
I think you are a lot unhinged on this topic. So, a player who has a single year contract - signed pre-pandemic - decides to not honor that contract mid-season because he didn't sign up for a bubble stay and was needed back in Melbourne by his family and had no intention of playing for the club the year after. Yeah?

And so, without the threat of being delisted at years-end - you somehow think a club (any club; not just ours) would be able to not only imprison that player in Qld and then make them pull on the boots? And somehow you blame the club; and not the player for that? What did you expect the club to do? Chain Nathan to the team hotel in Qld and let him off the leash on match days?

In comparison - have you any idea of the number of professional cricketers who've broken T20 contracts midway through over the last 18 months because they couldn't bubble?

FMD. Have yourself a lie-down

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Jake gets a pass mark from me.

Glad to have had him play in the R W & B.