Dunstan shares trade period stress in new AFL documentary

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dunstan shares trade period stress in new AFL documentary

Wayne42 wrote: Fri 11 Feb 2022 9:36am I hope Dunny has a good year, Choco might be able to iron out some of his deficiencies, player development has never really been The Saints strong suit.
As an ex player I hope he keeps playing the way he always plays. I don't see the point in making the Demons stronger. We already handed them Petracca. So Dunny it's in and out of the team, just like the swinging door.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Career best form from Dunstan, career best form from Freeman??? I think we are a better side without either in our best 22.

Can someone please tell me who Dunstan should be playing in front of in a legitimate Team Selected 25? If they do, they can then convince me that is the best for our future???

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Wayne42 wrote: Fri 11 Feb 2022 9:36am I hope Dunny has a good year, Choco might be able to iron out some of his deficiencies, player development has never really been The Saints strong suit.
I agree Judson Dunny had his deficiencies but has been hung out to dry on the forum as a lot of players do but the Premiership team thinks he has some value & we delisted him for nothing :? . I'm not saying Dunny was a star by any stretch & as I have already stated he had his limitations but don't think he was as bad as some posters have insinuated. When we recruited him we already knew he wasn't quick & didn't have elite skills but had good hands in tight as most inside mid's do & filled a void at the time but unfortunately for Luke the game went past him & his strengths didn't suit our game plan anymore & he became another wasted pick . I wish him all the best & hope he can make the most of this opportunity

freely
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Thu 10 Feb 2022 1:02pm
Bernard Shakey wrote: Thu 10 Feb 2022 12:25pm Brownlow votes mean nothing. Umpires just look at stats, not how effective they were!
100% correct.

The guy is obviously a very bitter and twisted loser. :twisted:

Good luck to him. He can now get on the piss and the punt with his new coach. They are made for each other. I would say a match made in heaven but we are the Saints and he is now a demon.
Or was treated very poorly and totally stressed out every time he walked into the place. If you've ever been stressed at work... and then in his case having to put your body on the line for someone who apparently despises you. He could probably have sued us.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Sat 12 Feb 2022 10:27am
Bernard Shakey wrote: Thu 10 Feb 2022 12:25pm Brownlow votes mean nothing. Umpires just look at stats, not how effective they were!
100% correct.

Good luck to him. He can now get on the piss and the punt with his new coach. They are made for each other. I would say a match made in heaven but we are the Saints and he is now a demon.
Or was treated very poorly and totally stressed out every time he walked into the place. If you've ever been stressed at work... and then in his case having to put your body on the line for someone who apparently despises you. He could probably have sued us.
No, that is just wrong. No cause of action. I am not saying that in his eyes at least he wasn't treated poorly. Maybe he was.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Sat 12 Feb 2022 10:33am
100% correct.

No, that is just wrong. No cause of action.
No, it's right. Stress is considered personal injury and you can claim for injury at work every day of the week.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Sat 12 Feb 2022 10:36am
saynta wrote: Sat 12 Feb 2022 10:33am
100% correct.

No, that is just wrong. No cause of action.
No, it's right. Stress is considered personal injury and you can claim for injury at work every day of the week.
Workers comp claim? Maybe. Suing the club for damages. No way. IMHO, that is.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I suspect the club has players fill out ‘Stress Check’ surveys every season. My employer does it..it’s third-party and outsourced and online and , impersonal and digitalized.. You use a UR code to enter it, tick boxes to some impossible to answer questions, press enter and thereby absolve the employer of any responsibility - because ‘We have you a survey and you answered a,b,c”

But on the other hand, for a pro footy club…
The club psychologist would surely be talking to players regularly. But how would you respond? Would you be in command of your own facilities when under duress? - enough to tell the quack that say ‘Ratts is giving me a hard time?’
I wonder how it works in elite sport.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Vazelos
Club Player

I was one of the very first to identify he was not going to be the answer at St Kilda and I was attacked by several in here who had the belief he would be an A grader and future Captain of the club!!!
No tears from me he had to go I was shocked he got an extension last time. Too many deficiencies for most club list managers liking.
Bring on Bytel Byrnes Windhager and Owens as the next generation of Mids..

Vazelos
Club Player

I was one of the very first to identify he was not going to be the answer at St Kilda and I was attacked by several in here who had the belief he would be an A grader and future Captain of the club!!!
No tears from me he had to go I was shocked he got an extension last time. Too many deficiencies for most club list managers liking.
Bring on Bytel Byrnes Windhager and Owens as the next generation of Mids..

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Interesting article that is sort of related.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/com ... 59vl9.html

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Dunstan was told there was no room for him in the team’s future plans in 2020. He got a spot in the team last year through default from other players getting injured. Good on him for taking that opportunity and making a real go of it. But aside from the 3 games where he got BOGs, he was exposed for the major flaws in his game. As someone previously mentioned, he absolutely stunk in that most crucial game at Geelong. Interesting how he was dropped the next week and our mids hardly turned the ball over against Freo.

Best of luck to him with the Dees.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

A few Brownlow votes just papered over the cracks. I have no ill will toward him and I hope he gets some games with the Dees. I will not miss his atrocious disposal for one minute

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Mon 14 Feb 2022 12:25am Dunstan was told there was no room for him in the team’s future plans in 2020. He got a spot in the team last year through default from other players getting injured. Good on him for taking that opportunity and making a real go of it. But aside from the 3 games where he got BOGs, he was exposed for the major flaws in his game. As someone previously mentioned, he absolutely stunk in that most crucial game at Geelong. Interesting how he was dropped the next week and our mids hardly turned the ball over against Freo.

Good post and yes he did stink in that game against the cats despite what some nuff nuffs say to the contrary. That game was the last straw for me and I had always been a Dunstan fan. He cost us badly that day and no one should have been surprised that he got dropped the next week.

Anyway that is all past history and I like you wish him well in the future.

Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

cwrcyn wrote: Thu 10 Feb 2022 1:14pm Dunstan's disposal was very poor when under NO PRESSURE...in space, with time, he would butcher his kicks, especially his delivery into forward 50. Often overshooting by many metres, sometimes grubbing the ball along the ground. He also fumbled below his knees and his handball was sloppy. Yes, he's tough and he can get the ball in stoppage situations, but what value is that if nothing proactive comes of it? Score assists? Almost zero. When Dunstan was involved in a chain, it often broke down.

Hitting targets is critical to setting up scoring opportunities. Missing them when in an advantageous position creates scoring opportunities for the opposition. With Dunstan, and players like him, the possessions add up to a net loss over a game. We've had far too many like him at St Kilda over the years and I'm glad that Ratten has seen it for the problem it is and has done something about it.
I wish I’d written this.

The net value problem was critical. It’s not often you have a ball magnet in the team and find yourself wishing he got less of the ball.

Winmar
Club Player

Early in his career there were a million posts about him "oozing leadership". That changed along the way. I hope he does better in his move than Craig Devonport did when he went to Carlton.

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Mon 14 Feb 2022 12:25am Dunstan was told there was no room for him in the team’s future plans in 2020. He got a spot in the team last year through default from other players getting injured. Good on him for taking that opportunity and making a real go of it. But aside from the 3 games where he got BOGs, he was exposed for the major flaws in his game. As someone previously mentioned, he absolutely stunk in that most crucial game at Geelong. Interesting how he was dropped the next week and our mids hardly turned the ball over against Freo.

He was picked Round One tho!

In that dreadful, deflating, diabolical, dastardly disillusioning loss to North Melbourne. Where we threw away a lead to a North reduced to one on the bench.
Played well too.
2nd in points.
2nd or 3rd on meters gained
9 tackles
21 disposals

Was he scapegoated?
COVID happened.
It was never the same.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 17 Feb 2022 11:13pm

He was picked Round One tho!

In that dreadful, deflating, diabolical, dastardly disillusioning loss to North Melbourne. Where we threw away a lead to a North reduced to one on the bench.
Played well too.
2nd in points.
2nd or 3rd on meters gained
9 tackles
21 disposals

Was he scapegoated?
COVID happened.
It was never the same.
Oh, I meant that he was informed he wasn’t a part of the club’s future plans well into the 2020 season. Did he get another game after that round 1 loss?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Leadership potential evaporated when police found him drunk on a park bench. Doesn't get more unprofessional than that. Those of us that have done it can confirm, but I never did it when it compromised my job. As far as I remember.

Duncan shares trade have been on a constant decline and Melbourne got them for a cent on the $. Will be told under no circumstances are you to kick.

Did himself no favours in the last Geelong game, the epitome of why we lost.

He must be well off now due to our club so there you go. Bit confused about the stress part, thought he said he was relaxed about going back on the tools. These guys need to get their stories straight.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

No never did that either.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Thu 03 Mar 2022 12:55pm ….thought he said he was relaxed about going back on the tools. These guys need to get their stories straight.
Think he was dancing with the media at that point…

Any news (story) is good news kinda thing..? Stay on the radar, get picked up or follow Jack Lonie to the VAFA?

It still striking that our midfield is pretty pedestrian and we turn him out after he did pretty well.

Mind..I think I get it (sort of)..
Cos who wants someone who can’t kick well to a contest, like Ross, Crouch and Jones can do.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 03 Mar 2022 2:40pm
Yorkeys wrote: Thu 03 Mar 2022 12:55pm ….thought he said he was relaxed about going back on the tools. These guys need to get their stories straight.
Think he was dancing with the media at that point…

Any news (story) is good news kinda thing..? Stay on the radar, get picked up or follow Jack Lonie to the VAFA?

It still striking that our midfield is pretty pedestrian and we turn him out after he did pretty well.

Mind..I think I get it (sort of)..
Cos who wants someone who can’t kick well to a contest, like Ross, Crouch and Jones can do.
Oh. f*** mate, give it a rest .I think everyone one on this forum if not the club in particular and the wider footballing public in general, know that you think that Ross, Crouch and Jones can't kick a football to save themselves.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I note Dunstan didn't get a game in tonight's match. Is he injured or just not good enough to make their top 26?

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Thu 03 Mar 2022 9:07pm I note Dunstan didn't get a game in tonight's match. Is he injured or just not good enough to make their top 26?
Did he play the vfl game with Casey Demons?

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

bangaulegend wrote: Fri 11 Feb 2022 11:34pm
I agree Judson Dunny had his deficiencies but has been hung out to dry on the forum as a lot of players do but the Premiership team thinks he has some value & we delisted him for nothing :? . I'm not saying Dunny was a star by any stretch & as I have already stated he had his limitations but don't think he was as bad as some posters have insinuated. When we recruited him we already knew he wasn't quick & didn't have elite skills but had good hands in tight as most inside mid's do & filled a void at the time but unfortunately for Luke the game went past him & his strengths didn't suit our game plan anymore & he became another wasted pick . I wish him all the best & hope he can make the most of this opportunity
Luke in honest 6.5/7 out of 10 player. Tries hard but has poor spread and rubbish foot skills. That said - he’s an excellent extractor.

It’s not Luke’s fault the Cho and our absolutely pitiful Recruting team couldn’t find at least 1 or 2 passable outside players with skills that Luke doesn’t have to complement what he COULD do. That’s what good clubs do. But not us - we play all the plodders together. It’s why Jack Steven stood out - he couldn’t do what Luke could do and vice versa.

I blame our utterly sh1tful recruiters who were in office 2 years before and 5 years after Dunstan was drafted.

Go you red, black & white warriors