Ratts looking ahead to Freo game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ratts looking ahead to Freo game

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ratts looking ahead to Freo game

Looks like a man in deep water. Get a haircut Brett, have a shave, lose some weight. Look like you're taking care of yourself.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Fri 25 Mar 2022 1:05pm Looks like a man in deep water. Get a haircut Brett, have a shave, lose some weight. Look like you're taking care of yourself.
Now if I said that about a female coach. :roll:

ABUSING OR DEMEANING A SAINTS PLAYER, FAMILY OR OFFICIAL RULE

"Commenting on the performance of a Saints player / official is allowed. Review their performance and suggest where or how they can improve. In cases where posters abuse or demean a Saints player / official / or their family, OR casts aspersions on their character and it is deemed by the moderators to be offensive and inflammatory, then the moderators will issue a 1 DAY or 1 WEEK BAN depending on severity."

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

He's the media head of the organisation. He looks like he just got up. Unshaven, hair sticking out of his cap at odd angles, he presents like he doesn't care. Poor form. A young bloke looking to the coach for leadership and mentoring needs some example setting.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Fri 25 Mar 2022 1:44pm He's the media head of the organisation. He looks like he just got up. Unshaven, hair sticking out of his cap at odd angles, he presents like he doesn't care. Poor form. A young bloke looking to the coach for leadership and mentoring needs some example setting.
I don't disagree with what you are saying, only that you said it. 8-)

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 25 Mar 2022 1:53pm
st.byron wrote: Fri 25 Mar 2022 1:44pm He's the media head of the organisation. He looks like he just got up. Unshaven, hair sticking out of his cap at odd angles, he presents like he doesn't care. Poor form. A young bloke looking to the coach for leadership and mentoring needs some example setting.
I don't disagree with what you are saying, only that you said it. 8-)
Yeah I suppose it's not PC to comment on someone's appearance, but it reflects poorly on him and on the club. Lift your game Brett.

YoungGeorge
Club Player

What ! - so you're calling out bad boorish behaviour now pal. From someone who's singlehandedly bullied and bored people witless until they abandon a (once good forum).
Hope you're enjoying your little fishbowl.

SaintJohno
Club Player

Check out the premiership coaches for the last 30 years and see if there are any unfit, uninspiring ones amongst them. Not many at all, could probably go back further with the same result. The coach needs to lead by example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_V ... ccf072b78b

Templar
Club Player

Couldn't give a stuff if he went and got nose piercing, a face tatt and pink overalls as long as he revs them up on the day so that they give 100% for four quarters. Otherwise stand aside. Ok fine, cancel the pink overalls.

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Looks like some people are gunning for the coach and looking for anything to nail on him. Poor form. We're one game in and the mob with pitchforks has already started marching looking for blood

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Fri 25 Mar 2022 4:36pm Looks like some people are gunning for the coach and looking for anything to nail on him. Poor form. We're one game in and the mob with pitchforks has already started marching looking for blood
Do you think we should ignore the highest profile media person in the club presenting like that?

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I don't care what he looks like. Mark Williams got Port Adelaide to a premiership while being an obnoxious, bat sh#t
Crazy slob.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Fri 25 Mar 2022 4:36pm Looks like some people are gunning for the coach and looking for anything to nail on him. Poor form. We're one game in and the mob with pitchforks has already started marching looking for blood
There is an element of truth in what you posted. Bottom line for me is I've decided we are going nowhere with Ratten. Hope I'm wrong, but he surely is on thin ice and the way he presents in the media, he looks like it.
I think his poor presentation is linked to his shaky status. Hope he sticks it up me and proves me wrong. I just want us to have success.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Ratt's needs to lose the touchy feely ,matey, matey buls--- & start being a coach because what he doing isn't working IMO

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

maybe he is putting everything he has into the job neglecting his personal appearance.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I agree cwrcyn, more than happy if a St Kilda coach can have us playing finals 50% of the seasons they coach. That said, I had many a coach trot out the ol' "if you can't play like a footballer, at least look like one."

Image can mean everything, unless, like Williams, you are standing on a dais holding a Premiership Cup. I like Ratts but he cannot afford to let standards slip, his players or his own.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

We have the folowing mids out - Clarke, Bilings, Hannebery, and Jones. Then add our #1 ruckman to that, Ryder. That's our engine room right there.
It doesn't look as though Hannebery will be back in the firsts anytime soon, so we just have to hope that Ryder and Jones can return next week and bolster us in the centre, because that is where our improvement is going to come from.
As for tomorrow we really have to hope that Hayes can repeat his performance from last week, and that Marshall can find his best form, because IF Darcy plays for them tomorrow he is a bit of a Max Gawn type, kicks goals,etc. We need to put scoreboard pressure on them early, and that will mean that he will have to be more accountable than if we fall behind early on.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 26 Mar 2022 9:56am We have the folowing mids out - Clarke, Bilings, Hannebery, and Jones. Then add our #1 ruckman to that, Ryder. That's our engine room right there.
It doesn't look as though Hannebery will be back in the firsts anytime soon, so we just have to hope that Ryder and Jones can return next week and bolster us in the centre, because that is where our improvement is going to come from.
As for tomorrow we really have to hope that Hayes can repeat his performance from last week, and that Marshall can find his best form, because IF Darcy plays for them tomorrow he is a bit of a Max Gawn type, kicks goals,etc. We need to put scoreboard pressure on them early, and that will mean that he will have to be more accountable than if we fall behind early on.
You count Hanners ????
And Billing’s ain’t a mid

“Yeah….nah””
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 26 Mar 2022 9:56am We have the folowing mids out - Clarke, Bilings, Hannebery, and Jones. Then add our #1 ruckman to that, Ryder. That's our engine room right there.
Your spot on with Hanners & Ryder will lucky to play 10 games this year & will probably retire at seasons end . Billings is not a midfielder ATM & IMO never will be but I admire your optimism :wink:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 25 Mar 2022 1:19pm
st.byron wrote: Fri 25 Mar 2022 1:05pm Looks like a man in deep water. Get a haircut Brett, have a shave, lose some weight. Look like you're taking care of yourself.
Now if I said that about a female coach. :roll:

ABUSING OR DEMEANING A SAINTS PLAYER, FAMILY OR OFFICIAL RULE

"Commenting on the performance of a Saints player / official is allowed. Review their performance and suggest where or how they can improve. In cases where posters abuse or demean a Saints player / official / or their family, OR casts aspersions on their character and it is deemed by the moderators to be offensive and inflammatory, then the moderators will issue a 1 DAY or 1 WEEK BAN depending on severity."
Where in what St.B said was he abusing a Saints official? The comment was that he looked like he wasn’t caring for himself and appearance was sighted as an indicator.
Noting someone is overweight isn’t abusive. He didn’t for example call Rats a fat slug like you said about female players. That’s demeaning language.

Do you seriously not see the difference?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

i'm looking forward to this game as I do a Dental appointment

realdeal
Club Player

It really shows how bad we were that it's only round 2 but so many die hards have literally given up. I know im hardly looking forward to this afternoons game.
It was the dejavu manner in how we played last week, its just demoralizing.

Fortunately it is only round 2 so a win today can restart the season with no real damage done.

Lose today playing the same way we have with slow, fwd build ups, bombing to packs, lack of intensity and no leading from our fwds will just about tip the ship...

Its a huge game for us!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 27 Mar 2022 9:48am i'm looking forward to this game as I do a Dental appointment
I'm a bit apprehensive, but the season is still young.

Not wrist slitting time yet. :wink:

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

The players need not look any further than the Hawks playing the Power in Adelaide last night.
They started off well, they had a steely resolve, and went on with it.
Our players need to play as a team and for each other, rather than as individual players giving off lazy handballs which miss their mark, or holding the ball up for so long that our forwards are swamped with opposition defenders.
We look best when we move the ball quickly and when we attack our opponent with the ball in numbers.
Fremantle have a better midfield than us, but they donlt have Fyfe today and don't have Cerra anymore, so that gives us a real chance. Mundy is out too, and Walters isn't the player he was three years ago anymore. They don't look to have the run and carry and ability to break lines they had even last year.
If Darcy doesn't play we'll win for sure, I think. Marshall will have a field day.
We beat them by ten goals last season at a neutral venue, so despite the fact that I believe they are a more skillful ouitft than us at full strength, that gives me a lot of confidence.
Fremantle don't defend well when the opposition has it, so this means we need to run and carry and lower our eyes.
Last edited by samuraisaint on Sun 27 Mar 2022 12:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 27 Mar 2022 10:31am
The Fireman wrote: Sun 27 Mar 2022 9:48am i'm looking forward to this game as I do a Dental appointment
I'm a bit apprehensive, but the season is still young.

Not wrist slitting time yet. :wink:
I have i have my needle and thread ready