Is Footy Classified Worst Footy Show on TV?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Is Footy Classified Worst Footy Show on TV?

Have watched this dribble for a while
Put up with Caroline’s “sauthes close to the club…” blah blah made up rubbish
So I tune in one last time after Saints land a historic win in the west thinking we’d get a mention…..nothing

The only thing we get a mention for??
Cawo decides to flame Saints for a “retro arrow” for letting Ben McEvoy go 10 years ago WTF??????

Just second rate show
She has to be retired and
Sam Maclure is a joke

“Yeah….nah””
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is Footy Classified Worst Footy Show on TV?

Wilson's is the Queen of Off Field Controversy/Drama

God forbid she has the tactical knowledge for on-field day game analysis unless it involves controversy re: a player's form due to some off field scandal

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Nepotism at its finest.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

She's become irrelevant ever since her sawthhh at the Club was plugged / removed. She's had nothing in relation to our Club for a while now.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

If I posted what I really thought of her, I would probably cop a ban.

Darth Vader
Club Player

Well I think it’s vital that she continue her fearless campaign of speaking truth to power and holding the club accountable for its incompetence. Just disappointed she didn’t mention equally disgraceful and relevant decisions such as the Ian Stewart/Billy Barrot trade or sending Russell Greene to Hawthorn. Hopefully next week.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Question time from Canberra is pretty bad.

I have been seeing her by chance on and off for years and still don't understand what her claims are. Is it because she stuck with Richmond through its crap years, because Sammy made crude jokes about her and she needs to be a perpetual symbol. Have never heard her saying anything positive (other than Cotchin's a spunk) or clever.

Seems widely held in contempt in clubland. Seems perpetually angry to me, seeking punishment for someone, some club, some official. Ridiculously contrarian, so sour. (No I don't agree with that Walid.. and I'll think of a reason shortly)

I wouldn't be happy either though if Kelly Underwood was considered light years ahead of me professionally.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I think Cato is an intelligent, articulate and perceptive and I think she can be quite sharp and brave. Obviously, she gets carried away and gets ahead of herself too, but she has few peers around her of similar caliber- the kind that say a lot of blokes like Johnno and Rooey have, that acts as a natural warning system or brake to alert her. And I actually think she relishes that too.
And I pay attention. I respected her questioning Ross a couple of years ago - with trepidation.

But with the social currents and clouds of political sanitization hanging over us now, with its missiles and satellites from within, and a media landscape hellbemt on proving its relevance in the name of equality of outcomes, diversity, inclusivity, she finds herself as a spokesperson in that vanguard. The inertia that has built up behind her now is like a tidal wave. Men simply don’t know what to do or act so they just shut up..In other words, she is just one voice but it is a blaring siren in the vacuum of silence. Of course the Damien Barrett’s know where their bread is buttered too- not his fault and quite independent of his thoughtful and conscientiousness which I still think he is genuine, often unfortunately.

So I reckon Cato has become a larger than life puppet. As a protagonist she is fine, but because nobody fights back - in fear of (justifiably) career ending ir let’s say career corrosive, missteps.

So it’s like a cheap carnival is Footy Classified. I think it’s entertaining.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I think Cato is an intelligent, articulate and perceptive and I think she can be quite sharp and brave. Obviously, she gets carried away and gets ahead of herself too, but she has few peers around her of similar caliber- the kind that say a lot of blokes like Johnno and Rooey have, that acts as a natural warning system or brake to alert her. And I actually think she relishes that too.
And I pay attention. I respected her questioning Ross a couple of years ago - with trepidation.

But with the social currents and clouds of political sanitization hanging over us now, with its missiles and satellites from within, and a media landscape hellbemt on proving its relevance in the name of equality of outcomes, diversity, inclusivity, she finds herself as a spokesperson in that vanguard. The inertia that has built up behind her now is like a tidal wave. Men simply don’t know what to do or act so they just shut up..In other words, she is just one voice but it is a blaring siren in the vacuum of silence. Of course the Damien Barrett’s know where their bread is buttered too- not his fault and quite independent of his thoughtful and conscientiousness which I still think he is genuine, often unfortunately.

So I reckon Cato has become a larger than life puppet. As a protagonist she is fine, but because nobody fights back - in fear of (justifiably) career ending ir let’s say career corrosive, missteps.

So it’s like a cheap carnival is Footy Classified. I think it’s entertaining.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

She certainly knows how to find out info. Obviously has a lot of contacts in the game. As much as I find her style less than palatable, I think she's on the money more than the blokes in the industry are and she's clearly smarter than nearly all of them. She's gone too far on occasions, though.

As for Craig Hutchinson, he's a complete potato head and a sh*t bloke. The radio stint he does on SEN on Saturday morning with that other Pillock is the biggest pile of crap I've ever had the displeasure of hearing.

I'd wash Caro's undies before I'd sit down for a beer with Craig Hutchinson

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Yep. I'm always one out when it comes to Caro. I like her as a rule. Don't agree with everything she says and does but I find her interesting and as a couple have said, she finds things out and is generally spot on. Having said that I like listening to Kane Cornes as well. I'd rather listen to someone with strong opinions who has played the game and played it well, than someone who has played the game and played it well but too worried of upsetting anyone.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

She was disgusting during the Crows camp drama. Spouted a whole lot of damaging things as 'facts' that were actually total and utter bullshyte. The power of her media profile made some of those things widely regarded as fact and did a lot damage to people and their business.
She was a f***** disgrace and when she had to front up with an apology she completely lacked grace.
She's in a bubble most of which is occupied by her ego. So is Sam Maclure.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Tue 29 Mar 2022 3:15pm I think Cato is an intelligent, articulate and perceptive and I think she can be quite sharp and brave. I think it’s entertaining.
Sorry SG but that is utter crap IMHO.

Nasty and vindictive is a more apt description.

happy feet
Club Player

I think most footy shows are crap. I did like Marngrook though.

If you think AFL footy shows are bad, then watch some rugby league ones - they are appalling.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

How many flags did the decision to trade Ben McEvoy cost us?

Did she give the decision any context?

The trade along with a few others failed but the club was in a serious bind at the time.

I’m hindsight, the club probably should have retained Ben, BJ and Dal.

Ben has been great at Hawthorn, but it wasn’t a Russell Greene situation/result. Not even close IMO.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

she's like the AFL's official gossip columnist - the AFL sanction her because she's a useful narrative parrot whenever they need her
She'll go in hard when they want her to and seek understanding and forgiveness when required. She publishes nothing without the AFL's blessing

she showed her true colours during the Essendon drugs scandal - had she been the football "journalist" she offers herself to be, Demetriou and his whole cabal would have been sweating for the whole out of control Sports Science program that many, even premiership clubs, turned to with zero oversignt or governanace of the AFL, who appeared to be lost at sea, oblivious to the magnitude and more concerned with their own nests than the flourishing dirty little business via grubby little operators being contracted by clubs to give them the edge

That she, at the AFL's behest, chose to concentrate her efforts on James Hird, rightfully disgruntled by "the Cypriot's" broken agreement and hung out to dry to distract the football public from how widespread doping was amongst clubs and how negligent the AFL were in being on to it when they should have, will forever be indicative of the role she plays in the dissemination of the AFL's message narrative.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 29 Mar 2022 5:37pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Tue 29 Mar 2022 3:15pm I think Cato is an intelligent, articulate and perceptive and I think she can be quite sharp and brave. I think it’s entertaining.
Sorry SG but that is utter crap IMHO.

Nasty and vindictive is a more apt description.
ha!

Well, it is possible to wear many hats.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

HardSaint wrote: Tue 29 Mar 2022 10:57pm she's like the AFL's official gossip columnist
Spot on!

They should consider this guy

https://10play.com.au/im-a-celebrity-ge ... a190315npu

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: "Is Footy Classified Worst Footy Show on TV?" I wouldn't honestly know; I haven't watched it for ten years.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
SaintDippa
Club Player

Don't mind Caro. A different perspective I can disagree with.
Problem with the show is the host - Hutch, Eddie or that peanut Maclure - always interrupts an interesting point of view. Get rid of the annoying hosts and make the show a late night Couch.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 30 Mar 2022 2:37pm Re: "Is Footy Classified Worst Footy Show on TV?" I wouldn't honestly know; I haven't watched it for ten years.
I'm with you jigster, not even on my radar. More so with Hutchinson involved, the sole reason I stopped listening to SEN.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Tue 29 Mar 2022 5:25pm She was disgusting during the Crows camp drama. Spouted a whole lot of damaging things as 'facts' that were actually total and utter bullshyte. The power of her media profile made some of those things widely regarded as fact and did a lot damage to people and their business.
She was a f***** disgrace and when she had to front up with an apology she completely lacked grace.
Sums how I feel about her
She’s fraudulent
It’s “my understanding is….” No facts
“Sources have said…”
“It’s widely accepted”….. is it by who??
Just get the feel the licence she takes is huge and she’s never held to account

“Yeah….nah””
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Wed 30 Mar 2022 10:16pm
st.byron wrote: Tue 29 Mar 2022 5:25pm She was disgusting during the Crows camp drama. Spouted a whole lot of damaging things as 'facts' that were actually total and utter bullshyte. The power of her media profile made some of those things widely regarded as fact and did a lot damage to people and their business.
She’s fraudulent
“Sources have said…”
Yep that pretty much sums up how she behaved. And the venom behind what “sources have said”. The “source” in the Crow’s drama was actually the wife of one the Crow’s leadership group, who was at the time a troubled individual making stuff up. Caro repeated it as gospel.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Thu 31 Mar 2022 6:20am
Teflon wrote: Wed 30 Mar 2022 10:16pm
She’s fraudulent
“Sources have said…”
Yep that pretty much sums up how she behaved. And the venom behind what “sources have said”. The “source” in the Crow’s drama was actually the wife of one the Crow’s leadership group, who was at the time a troubled individual making stuff up. Caro repeated it as gospel.
You've both nailed it. Says a lot about the mediums that she's representing that we, at Saintsational, get held to account more than she does. Never does anyone post something on this forum that does not get questioned, & dissected for more information for us to make a decision on its voracity.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

Caro knows her stuff.

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus