Rhi Watt delisted

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rhi Watt delisted

Interesting tactic deciding to post 5 times on the first page of a thread you "could not be more disinterested" in.

Would have thought just clicking the 'back' button was an easy solution. Wonder why you only see this happen in threads about AFLW?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 10 Jun 2022 10:04am Interesting tactic deciding to post 5 times on the first page of a thread you "could not be more disinterested" in.

Would have thought just clicking the 'back' button was an easy solution. Wonder why you only see this happen in threads about AFLW?
Tactic ? I entered the thread not knowing it was about womens football and simply said “oh womens football” and was set upon

So instead of clicking the back button simply advised that maybe Aflw could be added to title so we could all scroll past What is your tactic dud ? Apt nic

outside66
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Fri 10 Jun 2022 8:13am
outside66 wrote: Fri 10 Jun 2022 12:16am
The Fireman wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 9:01pm
diddley wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 7:29pm
The Fireman wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 4:00pm Oh…..woman’s football
She is a former captain of St Kilda, and a saints fan her whole life. She wore the jumper with more pride than most players. Give her and the situation some respect and keep your stupid comments to yourself.

I’ve been the saints fan my whole life as well. Show “me “ some respect
I’m impressed but could not be more disinterested.
Was thinking who the hell is rhi and should we pick him up….. we need another forum dedicated to womens football or do you find that discriminatory.
You sound like a pretty s*** fan. Grow up
Too old to grow up and was a member for the most part of my life. Contributed much to the club over the years , fund raisers etc. not sure what else I could do to be a good fan
But that’s okay you don’t know me and I’m glad you like woman’s football I’m just not a fan that’s all and think it would be great if there was a separate forum dedicated to it-cheers
Good for you. A pretty simple way to be a good fan is to try and show some respect towards our Saints women rather than s*** stir every time there is an AFLW post. To use the “I think it would be great if there was a seperate forum dedicated to women” trope is just a way for you to signal that you don’t rate women’s football - WE GET IT ffs. The respect ad that is doing the rounds on tv is aimed towards fellahs like you but here’s some easy homework for you on how you can champion women in sport; when there is a future post that is related to our AFLW team in the main forum (oh the audacity) and you don’t find it relevant/of interest to yourself, try moving on to the next topic without adding your petty 2 cents. Think of the 5 seconds of your precious time that it takes for you to realise that it is an St Kilda AFLW-related topic as a fundraising donation of sorts from yourself towards our Saints women in sport.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

outside66 wrote: Fri 10 Jun 2022 10:55am
She is a former captain of St Kilda, and a saints fan her whole life. She wore the jumper with more pride than most players. Give her and the situation some respect and keep your stupid comments to yourself.

Was thinking who the hell is rhi and should we pick him up….. we need another forum dedicated to womens football or do you find that discriminatory.
Too old to grow up and was a member for the most part of my life. Contributed much to the club over the years , fund raisers etc. not sure what else I could do to be a good fan
But that’s okay you don’t know me and I’m glad you like woman’s football I’m just not a fan that’s all and think it would be great if there was a separate forum dedicated to it-cheers
Good for you. A pretty simple way to be a good fan is to try and show some respect towards our Saints women rather than s*** stir every time there is an AFLW post. To use the “I think it would be great if there was a seperate forum dedicated to women” trope is just a way for you to signal that you don’t rate women’s football - WE GET IT ffs. The respect ad that is doing the rounds on tv is aimed towards fellahs like you but here’s some easy homework for you on how you can champion women in sport; when there is a future post that is related to our AFLW team in the main forum (oh the audacity) and you don’t find it relevant/of interest to yourself, try moving on to the next topic without adding your petty 2 cents. Think of the 5 seconds of your precious time that it takes for you to realise that it is an St Kilda AFLW-related topic as a fundraising donation of sorts from yourself towards our Saints women in sport.
Awesome ,ok let’s hope they get their own forum
Cheers

outside66
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Fri 10 Jun 2022 11:01am
outside66 wrote: Fri 10 Jun 2022 10:55am

Awesome ,ok let’s hope they get their own forum
Cheers
Well just remember your homework when there isn’t one.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Won’t have to worry about homework if the author labels the thread aflw
Cheers mate

outside66
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Fri 10 Jun 2022 11:14am Won’t have to worry about homework if the author labels the thread aflw
Cheers mate
Well you will if they don’t.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

outside66 wrote: Fri 10 Jun 2022 11:19am
The Fireman wrote: Fri 10 Jun 2022 11:14am Won’t have to worry about homework if the author labels the thread aflw
Cheers mate
Well you will if they don’t.
Then let’s hope they do

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

diddley wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 8:12pm
Wayne42 wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 7:40pm They made a hard decision when it came to Rhi Watt being injured and unavailable for season 7, not sure what other considerations there were when they decided to delist her,
and yet, they are in a quandry with Patrikios, surely they are not going to sign her up to spend another season on the sidelines because she won't get jabbed, whatever her reasons are.
Unfortunately for Rhi, she is 34.
Patrikios is 21, and an All Australian, dual B&F, who has not even got close to her ceiling.
Purely from a list perspective, when comparing the 2, they have made the correct choice.
Of course they have. The problem for the likes of Rhi (and everyone else who did a knee in AFLW6) is that with the season being realigned is that they're effectively going to miss AFL7 whilst in rehab. It's a shame etc but, that unfortunately one of the outcomes of the players wanting a non-Summer season.

As for Patrikios - I hope her research project will shortly be concluded now that the opportunity for endless Insta-friendly Summer beach shots from Dromana has dissipated.

Go you red, black & white warriors
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Patrikios is still on the saints list. So no need to "sign her up".

outside66
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote: Thu 09 Jun 2022 2:51pm And will be picked up by Melbourne

I find this decision staggering

Yes she has a knee injury that will keep her out (I believe) of the next season

But she was a fantastic Sainter , not the best in the team but a leader and mentor

How could she not be kept on to help all the young players in our squad

This decision is also not helped by another experienced Sainter Kate McCarthy also shown the door

Fqf
I'm very concerned about the state of our AFLW team at the moment. For a club that was already struggling with leadership/experience prior to this trade period, it is staggering that Rhi was let go to top it all off. Melbourne clearly see the value in what Rhi can offer off the field so it does make you question what the hell is going on at Moorabbin. By placing Rhi on the inactive list, it would allow her to work with the likes of Erin McKinnon, work with the girls in the rehab program, and continue to foster that culture which was looking gold standard across the competition early doors. Make no mistake, the group is fractured big time and it's going to take a lot to revert back to what Peta and the likes of Rhi/Phillips/TLR/Kate M had helped build. Patrikios is another contentious issue but the club can't afford to delist her as when the mandate rules change (as it will eventually - most likely by next year) we would be able to trade her. She's holding the club to ransom effectively and whilst we only have to pay 25 percent of her wage, the group are seriously divided and when good people like Rhi are let go, there are some inside that are looking at GP even less-favourably. It's going to be a rough season ahead I'm afraid.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Fri 10 Jun 2022 10:16am
The_Dud wrote: Fri 10 Jun 2022 10:04am Interesting tactic deciding to post 5 times on the first page of a thread you "could not be more disinterested" in.

Tactic ? I entered the thread not knowing it was about womens football and simply said “oh womens football” and was set upon

So instead of clicking the back button simply advised that maybe Aflw could be added to title so we could all scroll past What is your tactic dud ? Apt nic
9 now.

Why feel the need to comment at all? Was it to have a little dig at AFLW which you obviously aren't a fan of?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 10 Jun 2022 2:24pm

9 now.

Why feel the need to comment at all? Was it to have a little dig at AFLW which you obviously aren't a fan of?
I commented in the attempt to have the threads highlighted as AFLW so most could scroll on.
and I'm responding to other posters ...How can you not see that ?
now it's 10

why are you hell bent on living up to your nic ?

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Yeah we'll have to wait and see how the Watt delisting works out. I guess we see better long term candidates out there right now, instead of taking a one season replacement for her. She's much loved, but even the most loved players' days are numbered. She'll always be a Saint, always welcomed back. I suppose the sour note is that she leaves injured, but she was probably a decent chance of being delisted anyway. Unlike the AFL, there are only 30 list spots, tough calls need to be made. Even though a one year replacement could've been taken, it comes at the cost of a longer term signing with potential. I would've been happy for Rhi to have some sort of off-field role, but it looks like she wants to try to play again so I hope she can one day.

Peta is great, I knew her many years ago. A bit like GT, passionate St Kilda people fostering a love for the club. But players (and staff) come and go, even more so in todays game, and on steroids when expansion teams enter. It happens at every club. Even before Dal started, solid players left or weren't picked up from under our noses (Drennan, Bohanna, Whitfort etc.).

We probably didn't nail our initial recruitment, but the AFL didn't help us like how they have gifted the newest clubs to enter. We're coming from a fair way back, and even harder now to try to catch up to the pack. But the contiunal improvement from our players over the last season was obvious, skillfully and tactically, after what I considered a junk second season tactically we went backwards. Dal's taking us to another level, no doubt about it. And watching the first season we looked fit. But last year, just like our men's side actually, we certainly didn't. Some of the squad have taken on extra fitness work this off-season, this could be a fantastic move, we need every benefit we can to catch up.

Back to the culture. I couldn't be more impressed with Priest, we've really struck gold with her. A leader and tireless worker on and off the field. I think we're in good hands there. And we have others who are speaking up and blossoming like Shierlaw, Jakobsson, White, Vesely, McDonald etc. I think we'll be fine.

The Patrikios thing sucks, it really made last season a whole lot harder than it should've been. The club has handled it well I think. When the AFL remove the restriction, hopefully the team can welcome her back regardless of opinions. We all have friends who have messed up or let us down, but life goes on. Whilst I can see both side of things, and whether she should be paid or not, I think Patrikios should be the first person to put their hand up for extra work around the club once restrictions ease, there's a lot to make up.

And Fireman, give it a rest will ya. We talk here about our history, the club, the players, the staff, the Linton St Cafe, opposition players, podcasts and on and on... but heaven forbid we talk about our womens team. Pull your head in. If you have nothing to say, do that, say nothing. Maybe we should create a forum just for Fireman to post in? Or any thread that you post in, can we put "The Fireman" in the title? Sorry, I wasn't exepcting to see your posts in here, thread wasn't labelled :roll:

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Fri 10 Jun 2022 2:36pm

9 now.

I commented in the attempt to have the threads highlighted as AFLW so most could scroll on.
now it's 10

As Munga highlighted above, why do we need to 'flag' womens footy threads but not any of the other threads covering various subjects/aspects of footy that are in this forum?

outside66
Club Player

Munga wrote: Fri 10 Jun 2022 3:22pm Yeah we'll have to wait and see how the Watt delisting works out. I guess we see better long term candidates out there right now, instead of taking a one season replacement for her. She's much loved, but even the most loved players' days are numbered. She'll always be a Saint, always welcomed back. I suppose the sour note is that she leaves injured, but she was probably a decent chance of being delisted anyway. Unlike the AFL, there are only 30 list spots, tough calls need to be made. Even though a one year replacement could've been taken, it comes at the cost of a longer term signing with potential. I would've been happy for Rhi to have some sort of off-field role, but it looks like she wants to try to play again so I hope she can one day.

Peta is great, I knew her many years ago. A bit like GT, passionate St Kilda people fostering a love for the club. But players (and staff) come and go, even more so in todays game, and on steroids when expansion teams enter. It happens at every club. Even before Dal started, solid players left or weren't picked up from under our noses (Drennan, Bohanna, Whitfort etc.).

We probably didn't nail our initial recruitment, but the AFL didn't help us like how they have gifted the newest clubs to enter. We're coming from a fair way back, and even harder now to try to catch up to the pack. But the contiunal improvement from our players over the last season was obvious, skillfully and tactically, after what I considered a junk second season tactically we went backwards. Dal's taking us to another level, no doubt about it. And watching the first season we looked fit. But last year, just like our men's side actually, we certainly didn't. Some of the squad have taken on extra fitness work this off-season, this could be a fantastic move, we need every benefit we can to catch up.

Back to the culture. I couldn't be more impressed with Priest, we've really struck gold with her. A leader and tireless worker on and off the field. I think we're in good hands there. And we have others who are speaking up and blossoming like Shierlaw, Jakobsson, White, Vesely, McDonald etc. I think we'll be fine.

The Patrikios thing sucks, it really made last season a whole lot harder than it should've been. The club has handled it well I think. When the AFL remove the restriction, hopefully the team can welcome her back regardless of opinions. We all have friends who have messed up or let us down, but life goes on. Whilst I can see both side of things, and whether she should be paid or not, I think Patrikios should be the first person to put their hand up for extra work around the club once restrictions ease, there's a lot to make up.

And Fireman, give it a rest will ya. We talk here about our history, the club, the players, the staff, the Linton St Cafe, opposition players, podcasts and on and on... but heaven forbid we talk about our womens team. Pull your head in. If you have nothing to say, do that, say nothing. Maybe we should create a forum just for Fireman to post in? Or any thread that you post in, can we put "The Fireman" in the title? Sorry, I wasn't exepcting to see your posts in here, thread wasn't labelled :roll:
Very well put mate, I feel abit better now! Good to see the latest 22 signings as well - nice way to cap off an uncertain list management period. Bring on season 7!

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

34 yo ... out all of next season ..... sorry but delist and thanks Rhi

To think most here are calling for Geary to be delisted and he is 33 and playing fit

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

I doubt Rhi Watt cares too much anymore about being delisted, especially since Melbourne has signed her up.

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/114 ... -melbourne

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

News on Patrikios..

The Saints have confirmed 22 re-signings, including Georgia Patrikios extending her contract to season eight, although her availability is still contingent on the AFL's vaccination mandate.

Highly valued by the club, even as a spectator. Bit of Deja Vu right there. :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
freely
SS Hall of Fame

9 now.

now it's 10

I'm completely baffled. When you read that the topic was Rhi Watt, how were you then surprised the the topic was Rhi Watt? What did you think the topic might be?

diddley
Club Player

9 now.

now it's 10

I’m thinking I might start calling for people to start tagging posts about AFLM. I wonder if that will take this conversation into a whole new place.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

diddley wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 12:26am

9 now.

now it's 10

I’m thinking I might start calling for people to start tagging posts about AFLM. I wonder if that will take this conversation into a whole new place.
Why not, seems fair to me.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

"The club has also retained All-Australian Georgia Patrikios for Seasons 7 and 8, however her availability and contract terms are contingent upon changes to current AFL mandates. This situation will be closely monitored as the situation progresses. '

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

You have woman’s turn of phrase, me lord!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!