The crunch game has arrived

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintDippa
Club Player

Re: The crunch game has arrived

Crunch game in the sense if we lose Ratts should do the honourable and resign.
All the top sides play with a notable style, structures enabling quick ball movement into an organised f50. After three years I still have no idea of his stamp. If long bombing freewheeling randomness is a style then I'll stand corrected.
He had two weeks to prepare for the Lions who played like they do week in week out and we were beaten by what we know and lucky to not lose by 50. Yeah yeah injuries. It was the injuries. If we had 8 on the bench we still wouldn't have won.
Bombers have no defense, one way running midfield and impotent forwards. If he can't coach a win against this shower of shite then he should take up golf.
As you can guess not a fan. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong. Really hope he does.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

SaintDippa wrote: Wed 15 Jun 2022 12:23am Crunch game in the sense if we lose Ratts should do the honourable and resign.
All the top sides play with a notable style, structures enabling quick ball movement into an organised f50. After three years I still have no idea of his stamp. If long bombing freewheeling randomness is a style then I'll stand corrected.
He had two weeks to prepare for the Lions who played like they do week in week out and we were beaten by what we know and lucky to not lose by 50. Yeah yeah injuries. It was the injuries. If we had 8 on the bench we still wouldn't have won.
Bombers have no defense, one way running midfield and impotent forwards. If he can't coach a win against this shower of shite then he should take up golf.
As you can guess not a fan. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong. Really hope he does.
In the meantime, we sit 6th and we've lost to Collingwood Melbourne and Brisbane and beaten Geelong and Freo out of the 8 top sides.
What was your post about again? Oh that's right, we need to sack the coach.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Can we rename this thread the "Henny Penny thread, Saints in top third of ladder and pronounced death spiral".......

Seems much more appropriate.........

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

I thing Ratts is a good coach, I think our list is fundamentally flawed. Good, but lacks the finishing touches.

Every loss obviously puts finals in jeopardy, but however sad it makes me I accept if we cant win - for whatever reason - enough games to make the finals then we are not good enough, but it would be such a waste of an opportunity for the list not to experience/participate in at least one final, make the 8 then get a softer draw than if you don't, which seems to be the scheduling formula.

Would be very interested in Ratts assessment of Clark, i.e. has he come back from 2x injury trauma to be able to play as he once did and if so what is his best position for us (I'd also like to ask Longmire the same question). And his assessment of Billings, can he thrive in tough games, best position for us?

Current best coaches I suggest are Longmuir and Longmire. But Ratts not far behind - well maybe a fair way behind Longmire - I feel he has done pretty well with what he has, and what he has lacks scoring potency. Changing coaches isn't going to suddenly make the current forwards scoring machines.

If Lions are a rung ahead of us as most believe, how come Fagan could not coach them with their star studded list on home turf to a bigger win against us, we could have pinched it if not for injuries and e.g. what if Max took a couple of his improbable spectacular marks and kicked straight. Could have happened. Fagan was worried until the last 10 minutes when it was then clear we were exhausted because of players lost to injury or otherwise banged up.

The crunch for me this week will be who gets to play and where. I keep hoping for some brilliant reshuffle of the forward set up to help Max who is being crucified and his talent wasted. I mark Ratts down considerably for that. Max to CHF? Tim to leading FF. Something, anything but the predictable rebound by the opposition from our FF. Its a bit boring and so wasteful.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I don’t think the bombers are a crunch game. If they are we are crap.

We should destroy them

The crunch games come the next 4 or 5 rounds which will determine our season

#1 Ryder fan
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

MC Gusto wrote: Wed 15 Jun 2022 10:35am I don’t think the bombers are a crunch game. If they are we are crap.

We should destroy them

Spot on. Carlton, Freo, Bulldogs - they're crunch games. Gotta win at least two of them.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

SaintDippa wrote: Wed 15 Jun 2022 12:23am Crunch game in the sense if we lose Ratts should do the honourable and resign.
I have special underwear for different occasions, for example on the weekends I wear my leather G-String because I find it gets me in the mood for weekend type activities such as watching the footy. I find I rarely crap my pants when I have my special underwear on. You should find your special underwear.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

😂🤣

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

not crunchy !!

thats doin my imagination no f(l)avours

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
SunnyErnie
Club Player

MC Gusto wrote: Wed 15 Jun 2022 10:35am I don’t think the bombers are a crunch game. If they are we are crap.

We should destroy them

The Bombers game is definitely our "Crunch Game". If we lose the season and finals are out the door

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
BadRossco
Club Player

The injectors will be no walkover, a list equal to or better than ours although possibly poorly coached and not playing to their potential so we will need to bring our best game and find a way to score more easily

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

We should destroy them

I hear u but their pace has hurt us hugely of late
Stringer saves his day out for us
Parish (hope he’s out) got 43 last time …..
It’s not just our need to win this game
It’s about time we absolutely smashed them
I want to see killer instinct Saints
Anything less is concerning especially given the tough draw coming up

“Yeah….nah””
SaintDippa
Club Player

Reading Henny Penny in a pair of Louis Vuitton 100% cotton Y fronts. Comfort fit. Makes watching more tolerable.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

If this is a crunch game, we are getting crunched, so far.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
SaintDippa
Club Player

Can wholeheartedly recommend 100% cotton watching the sky falling death spiral.

Yallingupsaints
Club Player

My 11 year olds netball team had more go than we had tonight. Really hoping they get a flogging on the track this week to realize what a season defining loss that was.
Coach was as pissed as he could be without telling us what he really thought.
Given our favourable draw.. in the next 4 weeks we will look back on this game as season defining.
Jump on Spud would💪

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

We should destroy them
Oops

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?