Some impressive ingenuity

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Some impressive ingenuity

Got to say that I’m pretty impressed with the use of Higgins as a contested marking forward. See how we enter 50 and kick it to him stationary one on one with his opponent though he does lead on occasion.

And Max King. Might be the best ground level player we have when the ball hits the ground up forward. See how he crumbs the ball... often picks it up cleanly and immediately/decisively dishes it off… shot at goal or otherwise.

I’m not an AFL coach so forgive me for my ignorant, uninformed opinion but I’d have tried it the other way round... kick it to a leading Max King, maybe have Higgins around his feet. But I have to say, that is some incredible out of the box thinking by us.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: Some impressive ingenuity

We've only won one flag, who ever said we knew what we were doing.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Our Match Committee must be the only individuals in the entire world who can't see that our small forward structure is completely fkd and isn't working

When will they wake the fk up

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Banger9798
SS Life Member

Devilhead wrote: Fri 17 Jun 2022 11:45pm Our Match Committee must be the only individuals in the entire world who can't see that our small forward structure is completely fkd and isn't working

Sharman played 2 games, we won

Gets dropped, lose next 2

Obviously not the only reason, bit if you were the opposition defenders, you'd love to see that Sharman was dropped and you only really had one bloke to stop.

Sharman gives us 2 tall options, drop him and we have none (as King vs 3)

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

And when King ventures up the ground we are completely rooted

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Sat 18 Jun 2022 12:04am
Devilhead wrote: Fri 17 Jun 2022 11:45pm Our Match Committee must be the only individuals in the entire world who can't see that our small forward structure is completely fkd and isn't working

Sharman played 2 games, we won

Gets dropped, lose next 2

Obviously not the only reason, bit if you were the opposition defenders, you'd love to see that Sharman was dropped and you only really had one bloke to stop.

Sharman gives us 2 tall options, drop him and we have none (as King vs 3)
Sharman played THREE games and we won all 3. He kicked a clutch goal in every one.

Straight back in.

And while we're at it, let's play Membrey in the forward line again.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

And Sharman doesn't waste his shots on goal.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Why doesn't Membrey kick goals weekly like he used to ?

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Sat 18 Jun 2022 1:44am Why doesn't Membrey kick goals weekly like he used to ?
Sharman playing freed him up
Tim is not abd should not be no 2 forward
We got to move on
Sharman will play a game or 2 we’ll win some and Ratten will go straight back to his small forwards forward line again cause Butler kicks 6 against nobody in reserves
Rinse repeat
Sharman needed to stay so we could adapt to that forward structure
So King and others can gel on lead pattern etc
But Nup back to Brett’s Shyte small forwards plan
Long has taken Butler pressure job anyway he at least tackles to hurt

“Yeah….nah””
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Even so, why isn't Membrey the marking forward he was, Sharman is flawed, that's why i believe they don't play him weekly.

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Wayne42 wrote: Sat 18 Jun 2022 2:37am Even so, why isn't Membrey the marking forward he was, Sharman is flawed, that's why i believe they don't play him weekly.
What's the problem people see with him?
And I refer people to the Freo game last year where he was successfully our main target.
His tank isn't great but certainly not the worst I've seen, his other attributes are excellent.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Mon 20 Jun 2022 2:24am
Wayne42 wrote: Sat 18 Jun 2022 2:37am Even so, why isn't Membrey the marking forward he was, Sharman is flawed, that's why i believe they don't play him weekly.
What's the problem people see with him?
And I refer people to the Freo game last year where he was successfully our main target.
His tank isn't great but certainly not the worst I've seen, his other attributes are excellent.
Sharman is great, when and if he gets it, i just don't think he does enough to stay in the team.

Having said that i'm waiting for the team for the Sydney game to be released to see if they pick him again.
The forward line is not working very well and Sandy is not flushed with options so Sharman is a chance to come back in.

I've asked the forum questions about Sharman's game a few times lately because i'm trying to understand why he doesn't seem to be improving after a year in the system. 8-)

therabbitinthehat
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote:
I've asked the forum questions about Sharman's game a few times lately because i'm trying to understand why he doesn't seem to be improving after a year in the system. 8-)
I thought I read somewhere that he was showing a lack of second effort and willingness to beef up his tank.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

therabbitinthehat wrote: Mon 20 Jun 2022 3:15pm
Wayne42 wrote:
I thought I read somewhere that he was showing a lack of second effort and willingness to beef up his tank.
I've thought that watching him play, especially now that i watch Sandy often.

Sharman aside, there aren't many forward options available at Sandy, the cupboard is a bit bare, especially with Allison developing at a snails pace.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Sat 18 Jun 2022 1:44am Why doesn't Membrey kick goals weekly like he used to ?
Membrey played a lot better as a FF playing deep or leading out. Now Max is planted at FF, we have lost a lot of goal kicking from Membrey. I would like him to play FF and maybe King out in a pocket so he can float around a bit more, also Sharman at CHF. The forward line isn't is a good as it could be.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Sharman at CHF? Has he ever taken a pack mark in his life?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Banger9798
SS Life Member

Watch another club like Sydneymake Sharman an offer, he reluctantly walks, given that he can't see a future with us, and he becomes a 30+ goal a year player.

seano1
Club Player

Oh my …sharman isn’t the answer its getting rid of roughie is the way to go …..we have a forward line that sticks together lime frighten rabbits…..d
Did you really watch essendons forward line move and move in all directions leaving our backs useless …chaos entrys our as predictable as our alarms going off every work day …..thats the problem

seano1
Club Player

Oh my …sharman isn’t the answer its getting rid of roughie is the way to go …..we have a forward line that sticks together lime frighten rabbits…..d
Did you really watch essendons forward line move and move in all directions leaving our backs useless …chaos entrys our as predictable as our alarms going off every work day …..thats the problem