Match Thread Saints v Dockers Round 17 2022

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Match Thread Saints v Dockers Round 17 2022

Umpires were sh-t & inconsistent as normal but if you think that's why we lost then I hope Santa gives you the exactly what you asked for this Christmas

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

What an insipid performance after half time.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Ajantis
Club Player

Stevic is a poor umpire, and it seems other umpires were not confident to make calls/judgements without looking at Stevic for confirmation. ( I was at the game ).
I think Seb Ross cannot play anytype of football without being on his left side and the opposition will always goto his left. Ross weakness.
Zak Jones, hard nut and wants the ball, but makes the poorest decisions i have even seen.
Mason Wood, how on earth do you get a game ? Your turn your back when the ball is coming your way and you do not chase/tackle... you have no second efforts.
When the season is complete I think Ratten and his assistants needs to look at St.Kilda's Mids and make some big calls.
Too many hacks..... Too many soft players who are more concerned about whats ahead and take there eyes off the footy. Thats why Max King drops alot of marks...
It seems we dont even play basic footy rules - Man UP !
I think highmore played ok considering he has only played 1 senior game this year, and he might be on the outer at st.kilda :(

Cheers

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote: Sat 09 Jul 2022 10:25pm Free Kick count at 3 Qtr Time
Saints 17 v Freo 13. :shock:
4 or 5 of those 17, we marked it anyway. It's the decisions that weren't paid.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 12:51am
The umpires aren't the issue where the Saints are concerned.

Umpire bashing goes hand in hand with barracking. You learn that going to games all your life.
Sane people vent like F*** at the umpires as soon as the ball is bounced, it's the funniest part of Aussie Rules barracking, i think.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 1:02am

Umpire bashing goes hand in hand with barracking. You learn that going to games all your life.
Sane people vent like F*** at the umpires as soon as the ball is bounced, it's the funniest part of Aussie Rules barracking, i think.
That's not necessarily true. Decisions can make or brake momentum. Butlers tackle should have been holding the ball. We get the ball, same thing happens and we get pinged. Then we add dissent they score a goal.
So what would have been a forward entry inside 50 to us, was then a goal to them.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 1:22am

That's not necessarily true. Decisions can make or brake momentum. Butlers tackle should have been holding the ball. We get the ball, same thing happens and we get pinged. Then we add dissent they score a goal.
So what would have been a forward entry inside 50 to us, was then a goal to them.
Baker cost the team with his carry on in the umpire dissent era, they might have relaxed the rules on that but they didn't get rid of them. Baker should get reamed by the club for his actions not patted on the
back because he didn't get a free kick in the prior play.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 1:29am

Baker cost the team with his carry on in the umpire dissent era, they might have relaxed the rules on that but they didn't get rid of them. Baker should get reamed by the club for his actions not patted on the
Baker/Butler?? will be spoken to more than likely during the week, but this does not excuses the fact that there was 2 blatant free kicks and only one was picked up. Another in the second when Wilks had a free against for chopping the arms. Never touched him. Ump #9 should be dropped for that one. Max King gets chopped almost every contest. Nothing to see here.
Either put the whistle away for both teams, or pay everything for both teams. That's all I ever ask.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 1:41am
Wayne42 wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 1:29am

Baker/Butler?? will be spoken to more than likely during the week, but this does not excuses the fact that there was 2 blatant free kicks and only one was picked up. Another in the second when Wilks had a free against for chopping the arms. Never touched him. Ump #9 should be dropped for that one. Max King gets chopped almost every contest. Nothing to see here.
Either put the whistle away for both teams, or pay everything for both teams. That's all I ever ask.
Oops, I did mean Butler, thanks for the pleasant correction. :lol:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Just got home to watch it had it recorded thank Christ for that I could put it on fast forward after half time

Oh well just another insipid capitulation. I’m getting used to it now …..well this season is over and we’ve just signed up the coach for a little bit more of the same next year

Gee we aren’t a very good side are we. It seems we have some very talented players but with very little direction

Another season wasted. I just wish they wouldn’t tease us from time to time

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 12:13am Umpires were sh-t & inconsistent as normal but if you think that's why we lost then I hope Santa gives you the exactly what you asked for this Christmas
No - I do not think in my wildest dreams that the umpiring cost us the game - I thought we stunk it up after half time

However, I do think it is not beyond the pale to ask for consistency

I have not watched the replay - but KFT showed me that Lobb's free was technically there - King goes to mark the ball and gets:
A) tunnelled
B) blocked; or
C) just plain run into

Nothing to see here - play on!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
spert
Saintsational Legend

It is obvious that King is a lazy player, as is Higgins and Gresham. Big burst of efforts early then nothing much offensively or defensively.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Sun 10 Jul 2022 9:06am It is obvious that King is a lazy player, as is Higgins and Gresham. Big burst of efforts early then nothing much offensively or defensively.
The first half I witnessed some really clever and brilliant football then nothing

Players ? Or coach ? They really looked like a good well drilled side then the off switch was flicked. The Roos did the same thing against the skunks. Are we another nth melb ?

Anyway woke up this morning the birds were singing the sun was out and my side was sill s***. Oh and the realisation that we will have the same coach for another two years

Such glee.