AFL not investigating Zork

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

AFL not investigating Zork

AFL go soft on Brisbane after 2 suspension coming and finals on the way.

Just because clubs happy - what's the point of a code of conduct / behavior then?
Representative of Gill's reign - negotiate rather than rule. Remember he took over the Melb tanking investigation as Adrian Anderson wanted to find them guilty - AD wouldn't allow that as he said it didn't exist and dictator Andrew ( years before Dictator Dan) got Gil in and negotiated an outcome seeing Melbourne fined $500,000 but found not guilty if tanking. So they were fined for NOT tanking.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: AFL not investigating Zork

Horrid thing to say to someone if reports are true.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote: Sat 20 Aug 2022 7:20pm Horrid thing to say to someone if reports are true.
I’ve been in the dark all day. Is it common knowledge what was said now? Or is it just rumour mongering?

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote: Sat 20 Aug 2022 7:26pm
SaintPav wrote: Sat 20 Aug 2022 7:20pm Horrid thing to say to someone if reports are true.
I’ve been in the dark all day. Is it common knowledge what was said now? Or is it just rumour mongering?
I think it’s doing the rounds on social media so very unreliable.

It must have been one devastating sledge given the bad reaction of Petty and his teammates. Even May got stuck into Zorko.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

What's to investigate. Cut and dried Zorko is a nasty piece of work and already stands condemned.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Is Peter Fitzsimmons, alias Cap'n Pugwash, gonna call for Brisbane to be driven out of the compettition as he did when Carliise sledged Marc Murphy?

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

What did Zorko (allegedly) say?

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Brisbane are football relevant

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Crossy66
Club Player

If reports are true about the Bastinac connection, then I doubt Petty wants to drag his sister through the mud. Probably a very poor sledge by today's standards, but doesn't warrant action.
These days it's better to play footy and keep your mouth zipped.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Sun 21 Aug 2022 8:35am Is Peter Fitzsimmons, alias Cap'n Pugwash, gonna call for Brisbane to be driven out of the compettition as he did when Carliise sledged Marc Murphy?
Fitzsimmons circumcision scar must have healed as he no longer wears a f****** silly bandanna around that oversized silly head of his. Prick of the highest order. Writes good war history books though.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Crossy66 wrote: Sun 21 Aug 2022 10:40am If reports are true about the Bastinac connection, then I doubt Petty wants to drag his sister through the mud. Probably a very poor sledge by today's standards, but doesn't warrant action.
So it was a “Carslile” Murphy type sledge about Bastonac and Perry’s sister (allegedly)?

Pretty pathetic from Zorko.
Also felt the same about the StKilda player at the time.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sun 21 Aug 2022 1:12pm
Crossy66 wrote: Sun 21 Aug 2022 10:40am If reports are true about the Bastinac connection, then I doubt Petty wants to drag his sister through the mud. Probably a very poor sledge by today's standards, but doesn't warrant action.
So it was a “Carslile” Murphy type sledge about Bastonac and Perry’s sister (allegedly)?

I feel the same way about a lot of things that the St Kilda players do when compared to opposition - but why is it ALWAYS that we take the soft option and bow to pressure when no-one else does?????

I firmly believe that the Murphy incident was a show of weakness that we did not just stand up and say "White Line Fever" and get on with it - our stance showed NO SUPPORT to the players

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Crossy66
Club Player

Personally I would have graded it worst than Murphy incident. It was just grubby and juvenile and not even based on anything real. (Allegedly)
But I promise this, if I was in Perry's shoes, I would have caught up with him in the carpark for a short chat.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Are you sure?

"Dayne Zorko’s comments to Harrison Petty, they were cruel from the Lions captain and centred in on the health of a family member,” Edmund told SEN’s Crunch Time. "

Crossy66
Club Player

Personally I would have graded it worst than Murphy incident. It was just grubby and juvenile and not even based on anything real. (Allegedly)
But I promise this, if I was in Petty's shoes, I would have caught up with him in the carpark for a short chat.

Crossy66
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 21 Aug 2022 2:16pm

Are you sure?

"Dayne Zorko’s comments to Harrison Petty, they were cruel from the Lions captain and centred in on the health of a family member,” Edmund told SEN’s Crunch Time. "
No not sure, but don't want to expand on the story I heard. In any case I believe there is a difference between what zorko claims he said and what Petty heard.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

OK.

Enough time spent on the little turd.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 21 Aug 2022 2:16pm

Are you sure?

No clue, I’m playing catch up.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

From the huns FF,

"2. Zorko the grate

"The sledge by Dayne Zorko to Harrison Petty was something like this: I hope your mother dies. It’s far from ideal and the response from the teary Petty naturally sent Melbourne and the AFL into immediate investigative mode and the Lions into immediate apology mode, first on the ground on Friday night and again on Saturday morning via a press release. Zorko is a classic case of white line fever. It is said he is a decent bloke off the field, but on it, and as we’ve all seen, he becomes crazily competitive. Still, hoping someone’s mother dies prompts several questions. 1. Who thinks about saying that to anyone, in any environment? 2. Just because Petty wanted the issue to go no further, why didn’t the AFL punish the Lions captain for conduct unbecoming? 3. Why hasn’t the AFLPA condemned Zorko for his comments? Because if a fan said that to a player via social media, the PA would have kittens. It was appalling from Zorko and there’s no chance he will be captain of the club next year. As for the AFL, they will have their reasons for not punishing him, but they can’t let it go. How can this possibly go unpunished?"

Sanctorum
Club Player

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/afl/a ... tears.html

Assume Petty's mum is suffering a serious illness...

Dorko has long been a disgusting sledger, typical of a short feller who wants to look tough to make up for his lack of height!

Time to get rid of the inferiority complex, but at 33 it's probably too late now.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Lions should retire the low life and the AFL should be ashamed of itself.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

From what I understand the sledge was about his sister and not his mum and had zero to do as to whether she dies but was of a personal nature

Pretty low actually

saynta
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 22 Aug 2022 6:50pm From what I understand the sledge was about his sister and not his mum and had zero to do as to whether she dies but was of a personal nature

Pretty low actually
Definitly his mother and not his sister

saynta
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 22 Aug 2022 6:50pm From what I understand the sledge was about his sister and not his mum and had zero to do as to whether she dies but was of a personal nature

Pretty low actually
Definitly his mother and not his sister.

Several journos have claimed the deadshit said "I hope your mother dies". The reason for the tears.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

The reason it went no further than the clubs is because the Petty family asked that it not become something that dragged on all week and everything got dredged up again. Which I reckon is fair enough. Then again - if this was say, round 6 - I reckon Zorko would've been made an example of by Brisbane.

What a vile turd he is. I'm glad he's been unilaterally slammed and outed for being the grade A grub that he is.

Go you red, black & white warriors