Hunter Clark

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Re: Hunter Clark

I think some people who post here have the short term memory of goldfish.

Hunter was our big improver until:
1. He had his face smashed in, jaw and teeth broken which required major surgery
2. He was concussed soon after he came back last season, the decision to play him rather give him the rest of the season off being questionable
3. He broke his collarbone in a pre-season match this year
4. When he came back into the team he had his nose split in two in the manner of an overcooked hot dog.

And Banger9798 reckons he has FLATLINED? Maybe he almost did on the operating table but not on the footy field. Sure, his confidence may be down and that is entirely understandable. Give him time for his body to heal, plenty of hugs to make him valued and let him get his confidence back. Then roll on 2023, no doubt the likes of Banger9798 (or should that be Dory?) will question the wisdom of those who suggested he should be traded.

:x

Saint supporter since '62
Sanctorum
Club Player

Well said Trev, no question Hunter Clark will make a massive difference across all lines once he gets a few more games under his belt, reckon he'll be a better version of Dal Santo in 2023. He's all class.....

To condemn him and virtually write him off when he's had a number of horrific head injuries in the past 2 years is really dumb!

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Both Billings and Clark need to improve themselves physically. Not with exactly the same program as both need to work on different aspects of fitness and power and strength. Two top ten draft picks with a lot of natural talent who have not achieved their full potential

Maybe Jack Billings could ask Jack Sinclair if he’d be ok with Hunter joining in on extra training sessions over summer with Sincs and JB

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Trev from the Bush wrote: Thu 25 Aug 2022 4:01pm I think some people who post here have the short term memory of goldfish.

1. He had his face smashed in, jaw and teeth broken which required major surgery
2. He was concussed soon after he came back last season, the decision to play him rather give him the rest of the season off being questionable
4. When he came back into the team he had his nose split in two in the manner of an overcooked hot dog.

And Banger9798 reckons he has FLATLINED? Maybe he almost did on the operating table but not on the footy field. Sure, his confidence may be down and that is entirely understandable. Give him time for his body to heal, plenty of hugs to make him valued and let him get his confidence back. Then roll on 2023, no doubt the likes of Banger9798 (or should that be Dory?) will question the wisdom of those who suggested he should be traded.

Dory?
Literally no idea what that means.
I hope you're not suggesting I'm trolling.

If GC offered an early pick for Hunter I would probably take it. You're telling me you wouldn't, fair enough

I like Hunter, and would love to see him get genuinely fit enough to become the skilful mid he has the potential to become. He could also do with a bit of luck rolling his way.

But I also think that if we were genuinely in the hunt for DeGoey, and with a stack of players covering the HBF, he is one who we would consider trading while he has done currency.

I raise it only from a second hand rumour on SEN, and not as some sort of inside information.

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Would be a disaster trading him IMO… with the only thing that would be worse is keeping him and failing to develop him into a star.

If we can’t develop obviously talented players in to elite ones… we’re pretty stuffed

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Banger9798 wrote: Thu 25 Aug 2022 9:04pm
Trev from the Bush wrote: Thu 25 Aug 2022 4:01pm I think some people who post here have the short term memory of goldfish.

Dory?

If GC offered an early pick for Hunter I would probably take it. You're telling me you wouldn't, fair enough

I like Hunter, and would love to see him get genuinely fit enough to become the skilful mid he has the potential to become. He could also do with a bit of luck rolling his way.

But I also think that if we were genuinely in the hunt for DeGoey, and with a stack of players covering the HBF, he is one who we would consider trading while he has done currency.

I raise it only from a second hand rumour on SEN, and not as some sort of inside information.
You have probably forgotten how many times you have watched Finding Nemo, just like you have forgotten how good a player Clarke is.

Saint supporter since '62
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Kudos...i would have given the game away....one brave individual

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote: Thu 25 Aug 2022 10:00pm
Banger9798 wrote: Thu 25 Aug 2022 9:04pm

Dory?

You have probably forgotten how many times you have watched Finding Nemo, just like you have forgotten how good a player Clarke is.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

v Swans. Hunter weaves through traffic, rather glides, spots up Higgins - surrounded by Swans - with a 40m bullet 30m out straight in front. Terrific skills.

PS: Higgins misses. Damn him

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Hunter is a class player , injury/courage has set back his development but IMO he's a keeper

repta
Club Player

Bad run with injury and is too fat.

Needs to have a good predestination nd will get back to his best.

Would be traded for 3 round at best at the moment.