Hunter Clark

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hunter Clark

skeptic wrote: Fri 09 Sep 2022 12:42pm
Saints58 wrote: Fri 09 Sep 2022 10:49am I would just do a straight swap Clark for Bing GC now are not so reliant on Bing so a straight swap is fair as Clark will be a very good Midfielder both have 1 year on contract so no problems there.
We might not get a better chance to get Bing then this.
Dreaming.

One you finished talking there’d be like a min of silence and when you asked what’s going on they would genuinely ask that you finish making the offer.

No way you’d get one of the most promising key forwards in the country that was there leading goal kicker or close to it last year… for a midfielder that’s looked good at times, is yet to have a break out season, didn’t look match fit on their return and is injury prone.

If they acquiesced to that deal… not only would I snap it up but I’d ask which other stars they’d swap for some magic beans
I'd see if they'd throw Anderson in for Gresham if they are in that kind of mood. You can only ask.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

It's sacrilege to even discuss Hunter leaving. Bit of respect, eh.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Clark leaving would be akin to Joel Smith going to Hawthorn

Ben Long like Marty Lappin going to the Blues

Gresham - even worse than those two

Club Player

Well said BM. I can't say why but I have always wanted Ben Long to do really well. More so than other players although clearly I want the Saints to do well.

longtimesaint
Club Player

I don’t know why we would need to trade any of our good players.
We were not far away this year beating Freo, Richmond, Geelong and Carlton.
We should have beaten Brisbane and took it right up to Sydney.
A free agent or two and two good young players in the draft, together with continued improvement from Windhagen, Owens and NWM could easily see us well in the top eight next year.
Don’t lhrow the baby out with the bath water!

One year will be our year
Killa
Club Player

See my contribution on the Trading and Drafting thread.

Because that is how far off we are.

Not far at all, but the resolution is easier spoken to than achieved.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Killa wrote: Fri 09 Sep 2022 6:30pm See my contribution on the Trading and Drafting thread.

Because that is how far off we are.

Not far at all, but the resolution is easier spoken to than achieved.
I'd say "ya dreamin" :wink:

Killa
Club Player

0.5 to 4.1 in the last quarter to lose by 15 points to Brisbane just a couple of weeks back

King kicked 0.5, remember?

And other easy shots were missed

And we were missing players whilst Brisbane had players missing from their line up this evening

Brisbane have tonight beaten Melbourne to earn a Preliminary Final spot

I disagree your opinion

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Fri 09 Sep 2022 11:57pm 0.5 to 4.1 in the last quarter to lose by 15 points to Brisbane just a couple of weeks back

And we were missing players whilst Brisbane had players missing from their line up this evening

I disagree your opinion
Bring up the Essendon game stats or the Swans debacle or any others you’d like in our 3-8 slide at eve of the year …
Freo gane in Melb - no shot fired ??????
I disagree with your 1 game disagreement
Don’t look at 1 match in isolation look at the season or at least a body of games to guava where we are at
1 4 quarter performance (against Hawks) for an entire season???????
That’s not going to put you in serious top 4 contention anytime soon

“Yeah….nah””
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote: Fri 09 Sep 2022 6:24pm I don’t know why we would need to trade any of our good players.
A free agent or two and two good young players in the draft, together with continued improvement from Windhagen, Owens and NWM could easily see us well in the top eight next year.
Our list has holes but it’s not as bad as some paint it. I think there’s serious dysfunction in the coaching dept. Ratten, Rath, Roughead. If lines of command aren’t clear and all the players aren’t on the same page, they can’t deliver consistent quality. That’s primarily what needs fixing IMO.

silverhalo
Club Player

Sounds like North Melbourne / Clarko interested in Saints Long, Hill and Clark.
Apart from the number one pick, they have nothing worthwhile to offer - not sure how any of these get done

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

silverhalo wrote: Sat 10 Sep 2022 3:01pm Sounds like North Melbourne / Clarko interested in Saints Long, Hill and Clark.
Apart from the number one pick, they have nothing worthwhile to offer - not sure how any of these get done
I’d start with pick 1 and look at some players to sweeten the pot for all 4

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sat 10 Sep 2022 11:47am
longtimesaint wrote: Fri 09 Sep 2022 6:24pm I don’t know why we would need to trade any of our good players.
Our list has holes but it’s not as bad as some paint it. I think there’s serious dysfunction in the coaching dept. Ratten, Rath, Roughead. If lines of command aren’t clear and all the players aren’t on the same page, they can’t deliver consistent quality. That’s primarily what needs fixing IMO.
That’s my take too
People making out the list is terrible bottom 4 type dribble is nonsense
The side can play well
They aren’t being instructed well and the game plan looks confusing to most players
Like Lyons comments recently when he had a crack at Essendon and basically said it looks like they don’t train and embed a game plan with everyone on the same page gane day. That’s the coaches primary responsibility
I also don’t like how Ratten extracts himself and cia hung group when things go pear shaped it’s always “we didn’t execute” “we didn’t take chances” “we went into our shell a bit” it’s never …..”it’s not just players it’s us as a collective coaching who may have got something wrong”
Lyons view very clear - 3 things :
1 you want them fit
2 you want the available
3 you want them on same page game plan wise

3 this season a glaring issue

“Yeah….nah””
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sat 10 Sep 2022 4:00pm
st.byron wrote: Sat 10 Sep 2022 11:47am
That’s my take too
People making out the list is terrible bottom 4 type dribble is nonsense
The side can play well
They aren’t being instructed well and the game plan looks confusing to most players
Like Lyons comments recently when he had a crack at Essendon and basically said it looks like they don’t train and embed a game plan with everyone on the same page gane day. That’s the coaches primary responsibility
I also don’t like how Ratten extracts himself and cia hung group when things go pear shaped it’s always “we didn’t execute” “we didn’t take chances” “we went into our shell a bit” it’s never …..”it’s not just players it’s us as a collective coaching who may have got something wrong”
Lyons view very clear - 3 things :
1 you want them fit
2 you want the available
3 you want them on same page game plan wise

3 this season a glaring issue
Yep
Absolutely, that falls to the coach and his/her team.

Now we can accept that they don't get it right all of the time, or straight away, but by golly, if they know, and keep letting it happen, and if it is not apprehended, then we have systemic failure - wilful neglect and a disconnect. That points to the whole board. So let us wait...but how many chances will you give StKilda in '23, if they don't turn up to play, or seem bereft of a solid game plan?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Midway through season if we are playing like we left this season off Ratten is gone imo

“Yeah….nah””
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

silverhalo wrote: Sat 10 Sep 2022 3:01pm Sounds like North Melbourne / Clarko interested in Saints Long, Hill and Clark.
Clark and Hill for No 1. Would work.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Laurie
Club Player

Billings and Hill for No1 pick would work more in our favour.
BOOM BOOM

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

They would probably trade that to Sydney for the McCartin bros

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The only way you trade Clark is for a top 5 pick (even then you hope we don’t do what our club does so we’ll…recruits them then sends their development backwards…)
OR
GC agree with that plus something else for Bing
Otherwise no

“Yeah….nah””
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

think we're overrating clark massively. a number 7 pick that would no longer go for a first round pick. late second perhaps.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Killa wrote: Fri 09 Sep 2022 11:57pm 0.5 to 4.1 in the last quarter to lose by 15 points to Brisbane just a couple of weeks back

I disagree your opinion
So who's opinion are you challenging? If it's mine you should attach your post to my reply :?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Laurie wrote: Sat 10 Sep 2022 9:45pm Billings and Hill for No1 pick would work more in our favour.
BOOM BOOM
Wanna ask them to throw Simpkin and LDU in too to sweeten the pot

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sat 10 Sep 2022 11:12am

I disagree your opinion
Bring up the Essendon game stats or the Swans debacle or any others you’d like in our 3-8 slide at eve of the year …
Don’t look at 1 match in isolation look at the season or at least a body of games to guava where we are at
King was a spud after the bye, was like we were playing a man short in our forward line in many of his second half games, especially the games where he sooked it up early and was giving up mid contest or mid chase to have sook. It's an uncomfortable truth but we just didn't have the players to go with the big boys and our victories in the first half of the season were mostly against weak sides or sides that were down on the day we played them, that and we had relatively good luck with injury up to the bye as well as we had some instant impact from a couple of newbies as well as some older players were in career best form. So all these things up to the bye papered over the cracks in our list.

The list is really poor and needs everything going for it to achieve a middle of the ladder result. A hypothetical, by sacking the coach where do you see the improvement coming in this list? I
assume you believe sacking the coach will turn this list into a side capable of sustained top 4 finishes?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

If Hunter Clark leaves it’s a sure bet he will be a better play wherever he goes.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sun 11 Sep 2022 10:00am
Teflon wrote: Sat 10 Sep 2022 11:12am

I disagree your opinion
King was a spud after the bye, was like we were playing a man short in our forward line in many of his second half games, especially the games where he sooked it up early and was giving up mid contest or mid chase to have sook. It's an uncomfortable truth but we just didn't have the players to go with the big boys and our victories in the first half of the season were mostly against weak sides or sides that were down on the day we played them, that and we had relatively good luck with injury up to the bye as well as we had some instant impact from a couple of newbies as well as some older players were in career best form. So all these things up to the bye papered over the cracks in our list.

The list is really poor and needs everything going for it to achieve a middle of the ladder result. A hypothetical, by sacking the coach where do you see the improvement coming in this list? I
assume you believe sacking the coach will turn this list into a side capable of sustained top 4 finishes?
I don’t subscribe to this list is that terrible theory
Sure, it has holes and you think Kings a sook
I see a young guy whose potential is not being maximised by poor game plan - bombing balls on to the head of a skinny forward who, when he runs and jumps at the footy is almost unstoppable is just dumb.
Where does improvement come from?
Good question abd I agree our under 22 talent is thin but in reality IF we are to rise we realistically need guys in the mid age bracket to be step up like Clark, Coffield, Higgins, Gresham…dare I say even Billings in addition I think a fir returning Hayes could have a big impact up forward along with DMac off a wing
This draft we need to bring in talent but it’s apparently good quality at high end but pretty even after first 5/7 according to “draft gurus” so I can see why Clark is gettable….club thinking if we can keep our top 10 pick and grab another..,
I also think our best player - Sinclair needs to play midfield. Have your best around the ball and let’s blood something else off HB (I’m a Leo fan …has what we need in footskills both sides and some dash could be another Sincs in time..)
Oh did I mention a new coach?

“Yeah….nah””