Clarko and the Hawks alleged disgusting behaviour.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Clarko and the Hawks disgusting behaviour.

The_Dud wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 3:43pm
CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 3:23pm
IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 3:12pm
Life Long Saint wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 2:26pm https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-21/ ... /101460550
ABC wrote:The Brisbane Lions have released a statement.

"The Brisbane Lions are aware Senior Coach Chris Fagan will work with the AFL on an investigation into allegations concerning historical events at the Hawthorn Football Club, where he was a former employee," the statement read.

"Chris supports and welcomes the investigation.

"He was not consulted during the Hawthorn sponsored review and looks forward to the opportunity to be heard as part of the AFL investigation.

"The Brisbane Lions and Chris have mutually agreed that he will take a leave of absence from the Club so he can fully cooperate in the investigation.

"As the matters are now with the AFL Integrity Unit, the Brisbane Lions won't make any further comment at this stage."
This wouldn't happen if it was all mayo!
The mere fact some people's first thought was that the story had Mayo, shows exactly how big of a problem we have.

Due to being involved in teens and young adults how do we know these respected men weren't trying to offer support, guidance or in fact try to get the person on track. A mate of mine was drafted and he was told to cut ties with a group that were heading down the wrong path.
Not hard to see which side of the desk Curly would be on!

"Trying to get the person on track"? I think the point of the article was exposing how those "respected men" were in no position to decide what "track" those young men should be on.

Also there is a difference between "told" and "forced against their will".

There is also a difference between "a group" and someone's direct family and significant other that they are in a committed relationship with.

But you have a history of going straight to defending the 'white male' in these kind of cases, so no surprises here!

What did you say you racist?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Rubyjo
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 2:36pm
Rubyjo wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 2:30pm
Scollop wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 2:28pm
IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 1:54pm Taking all the emotion out of this, let's concentrate on the facts here.

Facts are, a very well reputed Journalist has not been backward in naming names here.
My history in Media tells me that this article would have been picked apart by the ABC Lawyers before it was published.
Lawyers would have been very careful about throwing names out there unless they have proof this happened. Otherwise it would have been "Senior Hawthorn Officials" etc instead we get things like "Clarkson said".
Now I don't for a second pretend to know what this evidence or proof is, but believe me there is zero chance that this would have been allowed to be printed unless there was some.
It’s interesting that Clarko, Fagan, Burt and others are named, but no mention of Brett Ratten
Brett has looked dishevelled all year.
What does that have to do with this story?

Are you suggesting there is a connection?

Killa
Club Player

As I have stated on these pages, Clarkson is not and never was an option at St Kilda

Rattan was also at Hawthorn

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 3:21pm
Sainternist wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 1:56pm P.S. We dodged a bullet in not going after Clarkson. I can’t help but feel bad for North Melbourne.
Maybe our AFL insider Lethlean knew something was up hence why we didn't go after Clarkson?

And yeah ...... I don't feel sorry for North
Interesting if Lethlean already had wind of it.

No love for North, eh? Hahaha fair enough

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

This is Kennett's press release when the Cyril Rioli stuff came to light. I wonder if it had anything to do with Clarkson being pushed out early?

From Kennett's public letter in April.
No way they could have predicted the outcome though.
--------------------------------------------------------------
“Let me address the report published in The Age newspaper on Saturday concerning Cyril Rioli and his wife Shannyn.

“We were all saddened by the story that there had been incidents that had upset both he and his wife.

“We have taken those claims seriously and are conducting further inquiries to see if there might have been other incidents affecting our past First Nations players.

“Once those inquires have concluded, we will determine if any other action needs to be taken.

“I can assure you that the Board and the administration will not shirk our responsibility to work through these matters.

“Some will demand immediate answers and actions, but, given how important these matters are, the best response is a measured and responsible one.

“We will firstly seek to establish the facts, before working through the best way of responding to the matters that require addressing.

“Matters have been brought to our attention. We are taking them seriously, and any failings will be addressed.

“Can I finally say on this matter: we all want Cyril back with us at Hawthorn. I hope that we can work through the hurt he feels and make him feel welcome and safe in the brown and gold family again.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 3:46pm
Life Long Saint wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 2:26pm https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-21/ ... /101460550

"The Brisbane Lions are aware Senior Coach Chris Fagan will work with the AFL on an investigation into allegations concerning historical events at the Hawthorn Football Club, where he was a former employee," the statement read.

"He was not consulted during the Hawthorn sponsored review and looks forward to the opportunity to be heard as part of the AFL investigation.

"The Brisbane Lions and Chris have mutually agreed that he will take a leave of absence from the Club so he can fully cooperate in the investigation.

"As the matters are now with the AFL Integrity Unit, the Brisbane Lions won't make any further comment at this stage."
The mere fact some people's first thought was that the story had Mayo, shows exactly how big of a problem we have.

Due to being involved in teens and young adults how do we know these respected men weren't trying to offer support, guidance or in fact try to get the person on track. A mate of mine was drafted and he was told to cut ties with a group that were heading down the wrong path.

"Trying to get the person on track"? I think the point of the article was exposing how those "respected men" were in no position to decide what "track" those young men should be on.

There is also a difference between "a group" and someone's direct family and significant other that they are in a committed relationship with.

But you have a history of going straight to defending the 'white male' in these kind of cases, so no surprises here!

Did I stutter?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 3:54pm

Did I stutter?
Thought it was pretty black and white to be honest.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
markp
Saintsational Legend

Hawks had the report 2 weeks ago, you'd have to assume AFL pretty much did also.

Interesting timing for a leak of part of the report.... midweek after the bulk of finals and brownlow, and only a few days before the biggest game of the year, which overshadows and dwarfs everything else.

I wonder where the leak came from.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

I find North Melbourne's silence intriguing.
AFL have come out and announced an investigation.
Brisbane have come out and announced Fagan is taking a leave of absence.
Hawthorn have come out and spoken in riddles and roundabouts.
but nothing from North as yet.
Why?
Will their announcement contain something bigger than a leave of absence?
Pure speculation here..

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I just love the reaction from this site. So many expert opinions. Just amazing. I wonder what the outcome of all of this will be and who the player was that was told to get the pregnancy termination.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 3:54pm

Did I stutter?
Do you ever actually have your own opinion baa lamb?

Always just go with the woke voice.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Clarkson doesn't officially join North until the 1 November

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

amusingname wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 10:23am
CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 10:18am
Gabba wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 10:09am
CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 9:54am Sounds over exagerated to be honest.
To add to the above comment, even if only one instance were true that would be extremely bad. I couldn't support a club that did this to its players.
Young player goes to older respected people and asks for advice. Hardly ground breaking.
That’s your take away from the whole report? Unbelievable
Certainly not surprising comments from Curly.
In Curly’s defense, as opposed to being a blatant racist I just think he/she is ignorant and a little slow.

Check out this peach from Curly 😳
CURLY wrote: Thu 15 Sep 2022 5:19pm
Scollop wrote: Thu 15 Sep 2022 4:30pm You mean this coin;

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-15/ ... /101443846

"What I've learned… is that for First Nations people, colonialism… represents the genocide of their people, the theft of their land, the erasure of their culture and way of life, the loss of their wealth, their basic human rights, and their children."
Empathetic towards them. Issue is if it wasn't the English it would have been another country. We should be all moving forward as one.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 4:35pm
amusingname wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 10:23am
CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 10:18am
Gabba wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 10:09am
CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 9:54am Sounds over exagerated to be honest.
To add to the above comment, even if only one instance were true that would be extremely bad. I couldn't support a club that did this to its players.
Young player goes to older respected people and asks for advice. Hardly ground breaking.
That’s your take away from the whole report? Unbelievable
Certainly not surprising comments from Curly.
In Curly’s defense, as opposed to being a blatant racist I just think he/she is ignorant and a little slow.

Check out this peach from Curly 😳
CURLY wrote: Thu 15 Sep 2022 5:19pm
Scollop wrote: Thu 15 Sep 2022 4:30pm You mean this coin;

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-15/ ... /101443846

"What I've learned… is that for First Nations people, colonialism… represents the genocide of their people, the theft of their land, the erasure of their culture and way of life, the loss of their wealth, their basic human rights, and their children."
Empathetic towards them. Issue is if it wasn't the English it would have been another country. We should be all moving forward as one.

Sorry old Mr Woke. Perhaps you should get out in the community rather than your Ivory Tower where you preach from.

Fagan and Clarksons credability >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yours.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 4:30pm
Did you just say that like it’s a bad thing????

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Curly why are you using the term “woke” as an insult?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 4:42pm
CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 4:30pm
Did you just say that like it’s a bad thing????
Having your own opinion and thoughts is that an issue.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Sainternist wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 1:55pm Russell Jackson is one of the best AFL journalists going. He’s also a St.Kilda supporter.

He wrote the Robbie Muir and Rod Owen stories in the last couple of years, both also harrowing exposés

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 4:50pm Curly why are you using the term “woke” as an insult?
No I'm saying people can still have an opinion and not be racist or sexist or any other label that gets thrown now.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 10:27am
Yorkeys wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 10:24am The verbatim reporting of allegations/stories from one side in an extract from a third party report does not provide balance. Particularly given the shock/horror slant the ABC is giving.

The stories/scenarios outlined could easily be depicted completely differently by an objective assessment of player welfare measures.

Expect references from other indigenous players both have coached saying their experiences with Clarkson and Fagan have been completely different in terms of care and support.

I would not be surprised if the ABC ends up with an amount of egg on its face.

The leaking of selected pieces from Hawthorn or the review team is very interesting though. Someone might have a grudge.
Correct.
The article was written by the very respected Russell Jackson (see Muir and Owen stories), did the ABC finish up with egg then, no!

How did you view that reporting?

Curly I think you need a rest, some of your comments on this story are not good

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 4:56pm
IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 4:50pm Curly why are you using the term “woke” as an insult?
No I'm saying people can still have an opinion and not be racist or sexist or any other label that gets thrown now.
But when you're opinion is consistently racist and sexist what terms would you like to be used?

Some might choose to step back and reflect on their opinions and learn, while others dig in and throw out SkyNews level 'insults' and continue living in their ignorant little bubble.

There's no excuse and you're not a victim.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Don’t forget this whole report was off the back of the fact that Hawthorn needed to investigate their treatment of indigenous people from that time.

We get 3 absolutely disgusting stories emerge from said report of indigenous players forces to leave their loved ones, being told to abort an unborn child, forced to live with coaches and forced to change their SIM cards so family couldn’t contact them.

And your conclusion is “it’s not a racial issue” and “nothing to see here”.

Have I got that right?

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Imagine this story if Brisbane managed to defeat Geelong last Friday night!

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 5:09pm
Don’t forget this whole report was off the back of the fact that Hawthorn needed to investigate their treatment of indigenous people from that time.

We get 3 absolutely disgusting stories emerge from said report of indigenous players forces to leave their loved ones, being told to abort an unborn child, forced to live with coaches and forced to change their SIM cards so family couldn’t contact them.

Have I got that right?
Has anyone stopped and thought, hey would would a coaching group and respected people in the community do that?

Do you honestly believe they had sinister racsist intentions?

Seriously FFS why do we all just jump to the conclusion that these men did this for racist reasons.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 5:18pm
IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 5:09pm

Have I got that right?
Has anyone stopped and thought, hey would would a coaching group and respected people in the community do that?

Do you honestly believe they had sinister racsist intentions?

Seriously FFS why do we all just jump to the conclusion that these men did this for racist reasons.
Not sure why I bothered to be honest.
I guess there is no making sense to the ignorant.
Curly you keep believing there isn’t a racial problem in our society and continue to be the poster boy of “White Australia”
Must be nice to live with your head in the sand…