Lade gone to the dogs .

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lade gone to the dogs .

Western Bulldogs
Lobb
Naughton
Darcy
Ugle Hagan
Bruce

StK
King
Membrey
Hayes

One of those forward lines will make a coach look good

One will make a coach look bad

Figure out which is which

Banger9798
SS Life Member

King, Sharman/ Hayes, Membrey , Higgins/ Butler, Owens, Gresham

Enough talent there for a forwards coach to work with, if they can figure out how to lead up to the ball

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Tue 27 Sep 2022 12:52pm King, Sharman/ Hayes, Membrey , Higgins/ Butler, Owens, Gresham

Enough talent there for a forwards coach to work with, if they can figure out how to lead up to the ball
I'm going to let Ratts know all the talent he needs can be unlocked by our forwards if they just lead up to the ball.

How come they can't work this out themselves.

seano1
Club Player

Rubyjo wrote: Mon 26 Sep 2022 7:24pm I wonder who will be our next forward coach.? Not sure who is out there . James Hird. 😅
I for ine wouldn’t mind Hird coming….he needs to get away from essendon , played in successful era with them ….sure it f***ed up when coaching but also was that him or thommo doing .

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Is that the complete replacement of all Brett's original assistants?

loris
Saintsational Legend

Who is that fellow who has been with Saints since Adam came into this world?
Most of us supporters don’t quite know what his role is, but he wanders around with a clip board, and a lap top. He can be seen sitting boundary side on match days. He walks out at the third quarter huddle and occasionally holds up the whiteboard for BR.
The players seem to know who he is, as they occasionally speak to him when they are rotated to sit on the pine. He even is the proud owner of headphones, so he can talk to the ‘game plan gurus’ in the coaches box. Surely he could be our next forward coach?
I think his name is Danny Sexton.🤔
I don’t know if he knows anything about forward craft or leading patterns. However, from a females perspective, he’s much easier on the eye than Lade was. Hmmmmmm????

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Vortex wrote: Tue 27 Sep 2022 12:59pm
Banger9798 wrote: Tue 27 Sep 2022 12:52pm King, Sharman/ Hayes, Membrey , Higgins/ Butler, Owens, Gresham

I'm going to let Ratts know all the talent he needs can be unlocked by our forwards if they just lead up to the ball.

You wouldn't think it was that hard would you. Yet we seem to resort to dumping it into a static forward line as soon as pressure applied.
So it's either the coaching strategy issue or the players aren't up to it.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Tue 27 Sep 2022 7:05pm

You wouldn't think it was that hard would you. Yet we seem to resort to dumping it into a static forward line as soon as pressure applied.
It's 100% not enough talent, use Geelong as your reference point, see how many stars you count in their front 6 and then compare them to ours. We have King who is nowhere near a Hawkins and Cameron for starters, and whilst Members would get a gig in the Cats forward line as a third fiddle to those two, due to our lack of talent up the ground we rob pete to pay paul with Members having to play up the ground frequently. And then after that we have virtually no other forwards with enough talent to be in the Cats line up. As I say use the Cats or other sustained top four sides as your reference point.

Talent, talent, talent, talent wins games, the more you have the better chance you have of winning the big dance.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

loris wrote: Tue 27 Sep 2022 3:17pm Who is that fellow who has been with Saints since Adam came into this world?
Most of us supporters don’t quite know what his role is, but he wanders around with a clip board, and a lap top. He can be seen sitting boundary side on match days. He walks out at the third quarter huddle and occasionally holds up the whiteboard for BR.
The players seem to know who he is, as they occasionally speak to him when they are rotated to sit on the pine. He even is the proud owner of headphones, so he can talk to the ‘game plan gurus’ in the coaches box. Surely he could be our next forward coach?
I don’t know if he knows anything about forward craft or leading patterns. However, from a females perspective, he’s much easier on the eye than Lade was. Hmmmmmm????
Is that right? I thought it was Danny Bonaduce.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Rubyjo
Club Player

Sexytown is the new forward coach.

loris
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Tue 27 Sep 2022 7:44pm
loris wrote: Tue 27 Sep 2022 3:17pm Who is that fellow who has been with Saints since Adam came into this world?
Is that right? I thought it was Danny Bonaduce.
I had to Google who Danny Bonaduce is :? :?

Sure, he looks like he’s been hanging around for years and done a few rounds of the kitchen. I think I’ll stick with Danny Sexton for our new Forward coach, as I said he’s easier on the eye than Lade, and considerably easier on the eye than this Danny Bonaduce character.
It looks like this Bonaduce bloke might have trouble remaining standing when putting out the witches hats at training, let alone have the strength to hold a whiteboard above his shoulders at 3/4 time for Ratts to shuffle the magents around and draw Plan B for the forwards to lead to. I’ll stick with Danny Sexton (I think that’s his name). Still thanks D.B.Cooper for you suggestion, you assisted my Googling skills. :P

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Rubyjo wrote: Tue 27 Sep 2022 7:55pm Sexytown is the new forward coach.
Head of football operations

saint4life
Rubyjo
Club Player

Not any more

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Vortex wrote: Tue 27 Sep 2022 7:34pm

It's 100% not enough talent, use Geelong as your reference point, see how many stars you count in their front 6 and then compare them to ours. We have King who is nowhere near a Hawkins and Cameron for starters, and whilst Members would get a gig in the Cats forward line as a third fiddle to those two, due to our lack of talent up the ground we rob pete to pay paul with Members having to play up the ground frequently. And then after that we have virtually no other forwards with enough talent to be in the Cats line up. As I say use the Cats or other sustained top four sides as your reference point.

Talent, talent, talent, talent wins games, the more you have the better chance you have of winning the big dance.
It is not 100% talent. Of course we need to improve personelle but the strategies suck.

I'm not claiming they are the equivalent of Geelong, the comparison was being made with Bulldogs, but whoever we have needs a better system.

Are you happy with the forward set up?

We won 11 games with a shonky system, King getting double teamed and not leading, Membrey playing too high no other marking alternatives except the occasional resting ruckman.

The Collingwood forward line always looks dangerous, but is not that impressive from a talent perspective. They're screaming out for a second tall to help out Mihocek. But they lead up , give options and have a system under McCrae that they didn't have under Buckley.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Tue 27 Sep 2022 9:04pm

It is not 100% talent. Of course we need to improve personelle but the strategies suck.

I'm not claiming they are the equivalent of Geelong, the comparison was being made with Bulldogs, but whoever we have needs a better system.

We won 11 games with a shonky system, King getting double teamed and not leading, Membrey playing too high no other marking alternatives except the occasional resting ruckman.

The Collingwood forward line always looks dangerous, but is not that impressive from a talent perspective. They're screaming out for a second tall to help out Mihocek. But they lead up , give options and have a system under McCrae that they didn't have under Buckley.
The more talent you have the better a team can execute and for longer in games. It's always been the case and always will be.

Insufficient talent = inability to execute a game plan.

That formula is almost as old as the game itself.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

The clincher for Brendon was that he gets access to Bailey Smith's stylist. Eat your heart out Danny.

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Vortex wrote: Tue 27 Sep 2022 9:24pm

The more talent you have the better a team can execute and for longer in games. It's always been the case and always will be.

I just gave an example of Collingwood having decent but not terrific talent in their F50, looking more dangerous than us because of how they structure.

Same with the Swans (GF aside), always look very dangerous because of how the mids connect with the forwards.

Do we really think we can't do better with the talent we have? If all we do is wait to get better players we will be stalled forever.

I'd prefer to see Sharman (who can lead mark and kick) start at FF, with Membrey in a pocket and King higher at a true CHF position, using his speed so that he is one out with his defender.
Higgins in the other pocket, while Gresham and Owens play the HFF.
We have to keep marking threats near the goals to give midfielder options. We lose our structure too easily and get a dump kick into Max vs 2-3.
Whether it is Hayes or Sharman, Max needs a tall marking threat paired alongside him.
We have gone too mosquito fleet. It has been worked out. Our strategies have not adapted.

All in favour of getting better talent, by the way. Geelong gave up plenty for Cameron.

If we somehow land DeGoey, and if Jones somehow manages to get back on track, ditto Gresham, we should be quicker out of the midfield transition to forwards.

That will be Lennys brief - to get the connection happening.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Tue 27 Sep 2022 10:25pm
Vortex wrote: Tue 27 Sep 2022 9:24pm

I just gave an example of Collingwood having decent but not terrific talent in their F50, looking more dangerous than us because of how they structure.

Same with the Swans (GF aside), always look very dangerous because of how the mids connect with the forwards.

Do we really think we can't do better with the talent we have? If all we do is wait to get better players we will be stalled forever.

I'd prefer to see Sharman (who can lead mark and kick) start at FF, with Membrey in a pocket and King higher at a true CHF position, using his speed so that he is one out with his defender.
Higgins in the other pocket, while Gresham and Owens play the HFF.
We have to keep marking threats near the goals to give midfielder options. We lose our structure too easily and get a dump kick into Max vs 2-3.
Whether it is Hayes or Sharman, Max needs a tall marking threat paired alongside him.
We have gone too mosquito fleet. It has been worked out. Our strategies have not adapted.

All in favour of getting better talent, by the way. Geelong gave up plenty for Cameron.

If we somehow land DeGoey, and if Jones somehow manages to get back on track, ditto Gresham, we should be quicker out of the midfield transition to forwards.

That will be Lennys brief - to get the connection happening.
You lost me at Sharman. The kid is so far off the pace and only got a game because there was literally no one else to pick from at Sandy except midgets and spuds. He might come good after lengthy development time in the VFL.

Take a step back and be as objective as you can by using players in the Cats side or other sustained top 4 sides as your reference point. Our list drops away significantly at about the 10 to 12 mark. We need some seriously good luck in the draft for the next 2 years just to become a 5th to 8th type on the ladder.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Danny Sexton has also decided to move on. His decision. Danny has been a great servant to the club- hence his life membership.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

What the hell job was Sexton doing anyway?

Wasn’t a line coach or development coach?!

chook23
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Wed 28 Sep 2022 12:28pm What the hell job was Sexton doing anyway?

Wasn’t a line coach or development coach?!
Head of football operations

saint4life
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Lade went to the dogs because the saints couldn't guarantee him a job with a review underway.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Jumped before he was pushed?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Likely given the choice to move on or be sacked

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Banger9798
SS Life Member

Wonder if Joel Selwood wants to coach next year?