What do you want from this review?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Killa
Club Player

Re: What do you want from this review?

Across all Organizations there are periodic (annual, at least) Reviews, both at a Corporate level and at the personal level.

What is being undertaken at St Kilda FC is no different to what happens elsewhere - including by seeking the expertise and input of unrelated parties.

Nothing stays the same for ever - the World continues to evolve and change.

Those who stay abreast of change and who plan for change are those who best position themselves for the future.

And then there are no guarantees - because events outside your sphere of influence can impact.

And, when those influences impact, you review to again best position.

This Review is normal process.

There were (and are) those who said to me across the journey that the Assets and Undertakings of the Balance Sheet of Organizations did not reflect the true value of the business - because the value of the business was in the Trading Accounts, being Wages and Salaries (so employees).

That said, I always responded that leadership was required because there had to be an overarching objective - reviewed for currency and delivery.

So the tools of trade needed to be provided to maximize the performance of those who were the face of the business - and sold to those employees who then sell to the wider market.

For these reasons I do not read too much into there being a Review - they are normal practice.

In search of "best practice" (which is never achieved, because who is perfect?)

What we do know is that St Kilda FC has only won the 1 Premiership across its years in the Competition, and probably irrelevant from pre AFL times given the financial circumstances of St Kilda FC viz a viz other Clubs in the VFL (and I recall President's Lunches at some Clubs, where their support was from major Corporate entities both public and private was what it was compared to St Kilda, so a compromised playing field).

That was the start point for St Kilda - and it still impacts despite the "equalization" agenda of the AFL, which itself is subject to ongoing Review as to purpose and currency.

St Kilda still plays catch up.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I’m pretty sure this review was just a token gesture

Gershwin
Club Player

Gershwin wrote: Fri 09 Sep 2022 6:47pm A new coach.
Or an explanation of how the current coach was re-appointed.
Well I got what I wanted.

summertime and the living is easy ........
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Thu 13 Oct 2022 10:34pm I’m pretty sure this review was just a token gesture
Agreed

You have the CEO moving on, you have the Football operations boss moving on (….but somehow he is being promoted and given more responsibility and more control over football coaching appointments) and we have several assistants moving on and NOW the senior coach given the lemon and sars…

A proper review would have meant a total clean out at board level too

HOW has Simon Lethlean escaped any scrutiny and why is he still at St Kilda FC?