Need your techno skills😇

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Need your techno skills😇

Can some poster more techno proficient than yours truly, post something for me that some posters (we of the good old days) may find most enjoyable? It’s on the following Facebook page:-

VFL AFL 20th Century History Photos Memories

It contains a couple of old newspaper photos of Saints player of the 1960’s with Gra Gra Kennedy of In Melbourne Tonight fame.

The post was put up by Fran Holmesby, wife of Russell as Russell is not on Social Media.

The post topic is interesting, I found the photos more though.
I’m sure some of our more ‘ageing’ posters on here who watched some of the fellows playing and enjoyed Graham Kennedy in that wonderful era would like to see the post .
Can anyone do it please ? 🤞

Oh the post was put up about 3 days ago.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Need your techno skills😇

Post courtesy of Fran Holmesby husband Russell:
My husband is not on social media but he has written this for me to post.
“I never thought my wife would be reading football material especially as she never read anything I wrote when I was editor of Inside football for its last 19 years! Fascinating stuff on the posts over the last couple of days and I especially liked the old Boxer Milne picture. It is worth saying that some of the video mentioned pre 1980s is not even held by the stations who initially filmed it. There has always been a bulldust rumour that much of it was destroyed by a supposed “fire” at channel 7. The reality is that a certain station manager decreed that tapes could be taped over, other than finals. History vandalism, but we can be so grateful that old copies of home and away were preserved for eternity. I live in hope that somebody taped round 22 1978 on their Phillips recorder. About all that survives of that St Kilda-Carlton game is Robbie Muir belting a spectator and Rex hunt impersonating the goal umpire. In the meantime here is an old cutting I saw the other day. Cheers!” Russell.

Thanks very much Russell for the StKilda history, cheers for sharing, there was a snippet from Cop Shop from that game plus the highlights, I’ve always wondered if the fire story was fact or not. The taping over footage sounds obvious to save costs.👍
Last edited by remboy on Sun 06 Nov 2022 6:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
loris
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote: Sun 06 Nov 2022 6:03pm Post courtesy of Fran Holmesby husband Russell:
My husband is not on social media but he has written this for me to post.
“I never thought my wife would be reading football material especially as she never read anything I wrote when I was editor of Inside football for its last 19 years! Fascinating stuff on the posts over the last couple of days and I especially liked the old Boxer Milne picture. It is worth saying that some of the video mentioned pre 1980s is not even held by the stations who initially filmed it. There has always been a bulldust rumour that much of it was destroyed by a supposed “fire” at channel 7. The reality is that a certain station manager decreed that tapes could be taped over, other than finals. History vandalism, but we can be so grateful that old copies of home and away were preserved for eternity. I live in hope that somebody taped round 22 1978 on their Phillips recorder. About all that survives of that St Kilda-Carlton game is Robbie Muir belting a spectator and Rex hunt impersonating the goal umpire. In the meantime here is an old cutting I saw the other day. Cheers!” Russell.

Thanks very much Russell for the StKilda history, cheers for sharing, there was a snippet from Cop Shop from that game plus the highlights, I’ve always wondered if the fire story was fact or not. The taping over footage sounds obvious to save costs.👍
Thanks, but it was the photos of the players with Graham Kennedy I wanted put up not the actual written post. Sorry I didn’t make that clear. :?

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

loris
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sun 06 Nov 2022 6:22pm
Yep that was an interesting one D.B.C, I’ve only just come across that FB page, has some wonderful memories on it.

The one that caught my eye was the post with Baldock, Stephenson, Morrow & Oswald with Gra Gra and the 17 year old Carl Ditterich with Gra Gra. Could you imagine Graham Kennedy being allowed his ‘humour’ to grace the TV screens these days?
The PC crowd would have been so enraged.

We members of the baby boomers & earlier had Gra Gra as our favourite Saint celeb then. Molly Meldrum was only a kid in the cheer squad in those days.
Last edited by loris on Sun 06 Nov 2022 6:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

loris
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sun 06 Nov 2022 6:28pm
Yep that’s the one D.B.C 👏👏👏
Bill Stephenson, another one cruelly cut down by injury so early in his career. He was a CHF ala Buckets Loewe.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

At first I thought this was what you were after :D

loris
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sun 06 Nov 2022 6:46pm At first I thought this was what you were after :D

No I get plenty of that when I take my bottle of water and e tablets to a warehouse in ? to do the Pride if Erin.
Whatever inner suburb has warehouses left in Melbourne these days for a rage/rave or whatever such warehouse dances are called.