Vortex & St Byron posts moved from Owens thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Vortex & St Byron posts moved from Owens thread

Templar wrote: Tue 28 Feb 2023 12:10pm Should have sacked Lenny Hayes after two years and tried recruiting someone who might have an instant impact?

And playing in the VFL is a sign of ordinariness? (despite being one step away from AFL seniors)

Gotta love supporter banter! It's a great distraction engaging in discussion about the Saints. Can't wait for rd1. Very exciting.
That's the spirit Temps, no need to cancel someone because you don't agree, better to engage and try and practice persuasive argument, that way the counter argument can be heard which is as important, if not more important than the POV in disagreement. For example I don't have any issue with Stinger referencing how big my dick is as part of any of his counter arguments and neither does St. Byron so it would appear.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Owens

Vortex wrote: Tue 28 Feb 2023 1:03pm
Templar wrote: Tue 28 Feb 2023 12:10pm Should have sacked Lenny Hayes after two years and tried recruiting someone who might have an instant impact?

And playing in the VFL is a sign of ordinariness? (despite being one step away from AFL seniors)

Gotta love supporter banter! It's a great distraction engaging in discussion about the Saints. Can't wait for rd1. Very exciting.
That's the spirit Temps, no need to cancel someone because you don't agree, better to engage and try and practice persuasive argument, that way the counter argument can be heard which is as important, if not more important than the POV in disagreement. For example I don't have any issue with Stinger referencing how big my dick is as part of any of his counter arguments and neither does St. Byron so it would appear.
Well Cairnsman, you learn something new every day. :wink:

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 28 Feb 2023 1:25pm

are we still talking about my private parts...awkward.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 28 Feb 2023 3:12pm
saynta wrote: Tue 28 Feb 2023 1:25pm

are we still talking about my private parts...awkward.
:roll:

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Vortex I am replying to you in this thread so other posters can see what’s going on, if they actually care.
And apologies for posting this in a thread about Owens, but it needs to be said.
You are referring to Saynta’s comment in the “Cuz not happy” thread. If there were to be any suspensions from that thread, you would be first cab off the rank with your “Mr. Public Servant” comments. It was belittling, unnecessary and unprovoked. Please tell why you shouldn’t be suspended for that comment? In a thread with a few minor infringements yours was the most suspension worthy. I was going to let it slide because it was minor, but since you’ve raised it in another thread…..do please let me know how your comments weren’t intended as belittling and derogatory.

Saynta’s comment was crude, but nevertheless aimed at yet another thread being taken off track by you. It was an accurate comment, however crude.

For god sake man give the conflict a rest. Most of the gas has been taken out of your spats with other posters, so now you’re waging a campaign against me. Making snide comments and giving me condescending advice with your sudden fervour for reporting posts or comments like the one above in the forum. It seems you’re incapable of just posting without straying into conflict.

Am well and truly sick and tired of your nonsense and judging by the in forum and PM traffic, so are many others.
#thin ice

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Tue 28 Feb 2023 8:16pm

Vortex I am replying to you in this thread so other posters can see what’s going on, if they actually care.
And apologies for posting this in a thread about Owens, but it needs to be said.
You are referring to Saynta’s comment in the “Cuz not happy” thread. If there were to be any suspensions from that thread, you would be first cab off the rank with your “Mr. Public Servant” comments. It was belittling, unnecessary and unprovoked. Please tell why you shouldn’t be suspended for that comment? In a thread with a few minor infringements yours was the most suspension worthy. I was going to let it slide because it was minor, but since you’ve raised it in another thread…..do please let me know how your comments weren’t intended as belittling and derogatory.

Saynta’s comment was crude, but nevertheless aimed at yet another thread being taken off track by you. It was an accurate comment, however crude.

For god sake man give the conflict a rest. Most of the gas has been taken out of your spats with other posters, so now you’re waging a campaign against me. Making snide comments and giving me condescending advice with your sudden fervour for reporting posts or comments like the one above in the forum. It seems you’re incapable of just posting without straying into conflict.

Am well and truly sick and tired of your nonsense and judging by the in forum and PM traffic, so are many others.
#thin ice
St. Byron you and I both know you moderate to a different set of rules for posters you have a dislike for or a personal agenda against which is only creating a rod for your own back. Recently you announced to the forum you would moderate based on my previous posting history which is essentially saying my personality. Really all this style of moderation is doing is creating a rod for your own back because it creates fertile ground for other posters to pile on and play games such as taunting, baiting and harassment knowing full well they will be protected and sanctioned in their attempts to invite transgression on my behalf. It's a game you and they are playing and any fair minded person would see it that way, if it wasn't a game posters would use the FOE feature, or at least you would encourage them to do so.

As an example, Happyfeet's post towards me, (higher in the thread, and before Stingers rule breach), is a taunt and he clearly is intending to take the thread of topic, which he does often, prior to that the discussion was a very productive and interesting one. It is one of so many examples of the relentless harassment towards me which is motivated by your moderation style. The fact you are even attempting to argue Stingers post is not a breach of the rules is laughable. Put it this way, if I had of made that post you would have come in hot. Again you are creating a rod for your own back by not moderating to the rules of the board, and you are moderating with prejudice and with an agenda. Happy to expand on this as a more detailed discussion if you like.

#moderatetotherules

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Vortex, do you really think that with four previous 'permanent' bans you are going to be moderated in the same way as others when you continue to be in the centre of conflicts on here?

This is the essence of the issue - that you remain in the centre of conflicts on the forum. If you changed your behaviour and were no longer condescending, belittling, derogatory and didn't bait and troll, then your posting history would become irrelevant.

However, you are unwilling to participate in the forum without engaging in such behaviour, so your posting history then becomes relevant when considering the consequences.

Someone with four previous nics that have all been permanently banned is not going to be moderated in the same way as others whilst you continue in the same vain.

I re-iterate to you that if your current nic is banned there will not be another one. I also advise you that my patience is wearing very thin.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Wed 01 Mar 2023 10:29am Vortex, do you really think that with four previous 'permanent' bans you are going to be moderated in the same way as others when you continue to be in the centre of conflicts on here?

This is the essence of the issue - that you remain in the centre of conflicts on the forum. If you changed your behaviour and were no longer condescending, belittling, derogatory and didn't bait and troll, then your posting history would become irrelevant.

However, you are unwilling to participate in the forum without engaging in such behaviour, so your posting history then becomes relevant when considering the consequences.

Someone with four previous nics that have all been permanently banned is not going to be moderated in the same way as others whilst you continue in the same vain.

I re-iterate to you that if your current nic is banned there will not be another one. I also advise you that my patience is wearing very thin.
St.Byron you and I both know why I have had to have 4 different nics, dating back to the 2012-2014 period when Simon took over this board via coup and installed yourself and Kosi as his lieutenants to spitefully and vendictively drive away countless good people over to BigFooty and which has resulted in the the distilling of posters on the board into such a very small and narrow demographic of posters with very narrow and intolerant views.

I am a contrarian and I am disagreeable, but rarely do my posts breach the rules, if you encourage the FOE feature and get over your own deep seated hatred things could be better.

#moderatetotherules

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Apologies to other posters for the distractions in this thread. When I'm home and not on my phone I'll split the posts between Vortex and myself off into another topic.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Wed 01 Mar 2023 11:03am Apologies to other posters for the distractions in this thread. When I'm home and not on my phone I'll split the posts between Vortex and myself off into another topic.
None needed from you st.byron

loris
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Wed 01 Mar 2023 11:11am
st.byron wrote: Wed 01 Mar 2023 11:03am Apologies to other posters for the distractions in this thread. When I'm home and not on my phone I'll split the posts between Vortex and myself off into another topic.
Definitely no apologies needed from you st.byron, I’m continually amazed at your patience & fair mindedness.

I just wish other posters would cease replying to him - without oxygen him/her/it would cease to exist & possibly trundle off to BF or elsewhere & infect other sites with his/her/it’s poor sad little ego.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Wed 01 Mar 2023 12:34pm
Definitely no apologies needed from you st.byron, I’m continually amazed at your patience & fair mindedness.

I just wish other posters would cease replying to him - without oxygen him/her/it would cease to exist & possibly trundle off to BF or elsewhere & infect other sites with his/her/it’s poor sad little ego.
Plus 1

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 01 Mar 2023 9:59am As an example, Happyfeet's post towards me, (higher in the thread, and before Stingers rule breach), is a taunt and he clearly is intending to take the thread of topic, which he does often, prior to that the discussion was a very productive and interesting one. It is one of so many examples of the relentless harassment towards me which is motivated by your moderation style. The fact you are even attempting to argue Stingers post is not a breach of the rules is laughable.
You're referring to this post by happy feet :
"ISO9001 virtue signaling, no I don’t think so.".

How is that personal in any way? Happy feet's post is no more off topic than your previous post. You introduced the idea of ISO9001 as virtue signalling. You might like to consider this, which you wrote, "no need to cancel someone because you don't agree, better to engage and try and practice persuasive argument, that way the counter argument can be heard which is as important"

Regarding Saynta's post - yes it could have drawn a suspension, but no more so than your Mr. Public Servant comment.
And…..the comment was accurate, however crude.

I asked you before - how is that comment not intended as a put down and derogatory?

If Saynta should be suspended, so should you.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

No worries mate, and as my dear old mum used to say " Don't let the bed bugs bite." :wink:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Wed 01 Mar 2023 12:34pm

He already has. Goes by cairnsman over on big shitty.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: Vortex & St Byron posts moved from Owens thread

He argues for giggles. He has no point of validation except repetition. The constant "woe is me" is a fine example of gaslighting, pick a fight, make a statement, get slammed for that statement, continue the rhetoric then sook that people are attacking you and it's their issue.

So much for the "water of a duck's back", I guess Vortex is not a duck by the amount of reporting he's doing. Perhaps the "Foe" button only works one way?

Don't apologise St Byron. Losing 4 nics is not an accident. A bit like going bankrupt 4 times (hello Donald), you are not simply unlucky or a victim of circumstance.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

What’s up gang?

“Yeah….nah””
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Oi!, good days sir, my name is Tom from Microsoft to help you. Who am I speaking to. I will need access to your passwords. Yes sir I may have called before using other names but people overthink trolling, don't you think. Yes I am not located anywhere near Australia but be fair in your judgement. Saint Kilda FC, no sorry sir that password does not work, I really don't care if it is your passion. I work for Contrarian Co. Now consider me a victim of unfairness and hand over your forum, err password. I am misunderstood you need to ignore all evidence to the contrary. (See what I did there). Now sir you have been patient, don't lose it now. By the way Sharman is lucky lucky lucky you know that...how do I know, well I don't but I need to keep you talking...

happy feet
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Wed 01 Mar 2023 9:59am
st.byron wrote: Tue 28 Feb 2023 8:16pm

#thin ice
St. Byron you and I both know you moderate to a different set of rules for posters you have a dislike for or a personal agenda against which is only creating a rod for your own back. Recently you announced to the forum you would moderate based on my previous posting history which is essentially saying my personality. Really all this style of moderation is doing is creating a rod for your own back because it creates fertile ground for other posters to pile on and play games such as taunting, baiting and harassment knowing full well they will be protected and sanctioned in their attempts to invite transgression on my behalf. It's a game you and they are playing and any fair minded person would see it that way, if it wasn't a game posters would use the FOE feature, or at least you would encourage them to do so.

As an example, Happyfeet's post towards me, (higher in the thread, and before Stingers rule breach), is a taunt and he clearly is intending to take the thread of topic, which he does often, prior to that the discussion was a very productive and interesting one. It is one of so many examples of the relentless harassment towards me which is motivated by your moderation style. The fact you are even attempting to argue Stingers post is not a breach of the rules is laughable. Put it this way, if I had of made that post you would have come in hot. Again you are creating a rod for your own back by not moderating to the rules of the board, and you are moderating with prejudice and with an agenda. Happy to expand on this as a more detailed discussion if you like.

#moderatetotherules
Vortex, you are once again trying to re-write history. You made a comment about Government procurement requirements which was clearly incorrect then when I corrected you, got narky and in a demeaning way referred to me a Mr public servant in a derogatory manner.

I could have requested the moderator to take action against you but I did not, you’re not worth the effort.

You took the topic off football and yet you blame others for this. Again, trying to re-write history. St Byron is doing a great job and yet you try to blame him for the forum descending into a slanging match, but more often than not you created and inflamed the situation.

I would strongly encourage all SS posters to ignore what you write and not respond.

And for the record I have worked in all 3 levels of Government over a career of 43 years and I am proud of my achievement. I must have done something right being awarded a national honour in the Queens Birthday Honours.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Rubyjo
Club Player

It's quite possible St Byron and Vortex are the same people. Just putting that out there .

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

No it’s really not

“Yeah….nah””
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

This thread has racked up 350 views in less than 4 hours. And you want to get rid of me St. Byron. Keep the site alive.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 02 Mar 2023 8:11am This thread has racked up 350 views in less than 4 hours. And you want to get rid of me St. Byron. Keep the site alive.
don't slam the door on the way out...oh and don't come back.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 02 Mar 2023 8:11am This thread has racked up 350 views in less than 4 hours. And you want to get rid of me St. Byron. Keep the site alive.
Read the room Vortex. I want you to stop being in the centre of conflict on here. When you just post about footy, it's fine.
I have double figures PMs urging me to ban you permanently, plus all the in thread expressions of support for the same.
I have zero expressions of support for your posting style or that you're being treated unfairly. If I just listened to what a large number of regular long time posters are suggesting, you would have been gone long ago.

It's come to this - discussing banning you publicly in a thread - because of your own behaviour. There's no way I would have this discussion with you via PM. Other mods have been down that rabbit hole before and you've driven them nuts. I've been reviewing PMs and posts from your time on here as Cairnsman. "An argumentative pain in the arse" as one Mod described you back in 2015. That's about 8 years ago. Nothing has changed. Same argumentativeness, same lack of willingness to take responsibility. Gaslighting par excellence.
Yep you're disagreeable as you yourself said. Very disagreeable. People are tired of it and there comes a point where I have to act if one poster is continually in the centre of conflict. That point is imminent.

Stop playing the victim. Stop starting spats. Stop making personal comments. Stop baiting and trolling. Stop reporting every perceived minor rule breach and attaching condescending and snide advice to the report. You're a vexatious litigant. Last chance.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Thu 02 Mar 2023 8:57am
Read the room Vortex. I want you to stop being in the centre of conflict on here. When you just post about footy, it's fine.
I have double figures PMs urging me to ban you permanently, plus all the in thread expressions of support for the same.
I have zero expressions of support for your posting style or that you're being treated unfairly. If I just listened to what a large number of regular long time posters are suggesting, you would have been gone long ago.

It's come to this - discussing banning you publicly in a thread - because of your own behaviour. There's no way I would have this discussion with you via PM. Other mods have been down that rabbit hole before and you've driven them nuts. I've been reviewing PMs and posts from your time on here as Cairnsman. "An argumentative pain in the arse" as one Mod described you back in 2015. That's about 8 years ago. Nothing has changed. Same argumentativeness, same lack of willingness to take responsibility. Gaslighting par excellence.
Yep you're disagreeable as you yourself said. Very disagreeable. People are tired of it and there comes a point where I have to act if one poster is continually in the centre of conflict. That point is imminent.

Stop playing the victim. Stop starting spats. Stop making personal comments. Stop baiting and trolling. Stop reporting every perceived minor rule breach and attaching condescending and snide advice to the report. You're a vexatious litigant. Last chance.
Up to 379, clearly the traffic is attracted to something, you'd think a thread with Vortex in the subject title would sink away with hardly any views, my guess as to why it hasn't is the same reason Murdoch media sells well, it's why Niel Mitchell and Allan Jones do so well, don't be sucked in by the alleged double figure PMs St. Byron. Not sure if you spend much time over at BF but the moderation style over there seems to work well with the diverse range of posters and their input, not to mention a much, much larger and vibrant membership. The moderators seem to get the balance between moderating to the rules AND also the spirit of the board, they also use humour and light hearted banter to keep the the place on an even keel.

Some of what you just posted distorts reality especially the bit about reporting every perceived minor rule breach, in-fact that is pure BS. Your hatred for me goes back, back before you become moderator, a long way and I would suggest it is part of the problem. It also prevents you from understanding the PM gang, (as I am now calling them), who are all well represented in this thread, and who are also part of the problem.

For example, you taking on the moderating role would be like Stinger taking on the moderator role, the first thing Stinger would do is start a vindictive and sustained campaign against all the posters who he had ever had conflict with, there would then be the posters he hasn't had conflict who would coalesce around him and support his moves to exterminate the groups most hated posters.

This phenomenon has been going on since Simon took over the board back around 2012-2014, and sadly it drove so many great Saints people away from the board, many of which now make BF a great place. And we now have reduced this site down to a very, VERY small amount of posters that lack diversity in view and/or tolerance which is part of this much wider problem we have in the world with regards to two sided tribalism and cancel culture.

Maybe it's time for you to lay down the guns and stop your campaign against my personality and admit that you too could probably could go about things differently. I personally believe that most of my posts are footy related, probably 98%, and most of those do not breach the rules, I accept that my POVs are consistently contrarian and disagreeable, but these are personality traits and NOT breaches of the rules AND most certainly not grounds to cancel someone.