Have We (Finally) Run Out Of Bodies?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Have We (Finally) Run Out Of Bodies?

I need a bigger Sample size before I can commit to anything

Rubyjo
Club Player

Maybe the new crew are better than the old crew ..don't panic .

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Really disappointed about and for Membrey.
Just a quick cleanup to fix the niggle they said.
Should be back by round 1 they said
Now it looks like round 6 at the earliest. Will have lost a bit of condition in that time.
Additional injuries to Hayes and Coffield who should have had their loads and bodies closely monitored.
Our medicos aren’t exactly filling me with confidence.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I think by round 6 a lot of the younger players we have in the side now - Owens, NWM, Windhager, Byrnes, Matteas, Clark, Caminiti, and those to return like Bytel and Paton, Sharman and possibly Highmore, will be settled into the senior side.

There is no way that guys who haven't even played a practice game are going to come straight into the senior team. There will be too much risk of players reinjuring themselves.

A lot of the players on that medium to long term injury list didn't have anything close to a full preseason. And some of them even missed most of last season as well. They are going to be rusty as hell. It is what it is.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Rubyjo
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote: Thu 30 Mar 2023 10:24pm I think by round 6 a lot of the younger players we have in the side now - Owens, NWM, Windhager, Byrnes, Matteas, Clark, Caminiti, and those to return like Bytel and Paton, Sharman and possibly Highmore, will be settled into the senior side.

There is no way that guys who haven't even played a practice game are going to come straight into the senior team. There will be too much risk of players reinjuring themselves.

A lot of the players on that medium to long term injury list didn't have anything close to a full preseason. And some of them even missed most of last season as well. They are going to be rusty as hell. It is what it is.
Our young guys are better than our old guys ..Billings Jones .members. D mac etc ..they are old school servants who are purely back up .. the new guys have flair and skill .without the toil.

happy feet
Club Player

happy feet wrote: Tue 28 Mar 2023 8:28pm
Vortex wrote: Tue 28 Mar 2023 1:24pm If we win this week I will put 10k on the bar at my local and lock the doors for a week and call it a premiership celebration.
Duly noted.
Well Vortex, please tell us which Pub and what day will you be putting $10K on the bar?

Should be a very boozy time.

Cheers!

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.