Camaniti vs memory.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Camaniti vs memory.

King Max wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 1:03am
Rubyjo wrote: Sun 07 May 2023 8:14pm Bloody spell check
It should be Caniniti vs memory. But spell check won’t help you with that.
Cananiti vs Mammary

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Sanctorum
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 12:20am
That’s why Sharman takes Membreys spot
It’s not just Membreys height as some make out that’s his key issue
It’s his decision making
Slow, holds up the team
He’s also slow - the forward line since he returned looks far far less dynamic
Yes that also has to do with how ball comes in
But Membrey doesn’t get on his bike, doesn’t lead up at ball carrier…today there was times he was calling for it deep behind McKay….like WTF Tim you ain’t a contested marking beast???
Good enough for Melbourne to drop Brown cause the cia h said he needed to go back and find form
Good enough for Tim
I agree with most of this.

In the 3 games he's played since returning from injury Membrey has kicked just 2 goal and looks completely out of form.

Against Adelaide and other top contenders St Kilda needs to have a forward line that has plenty of height and mobility.

Although Sharman didn't do all that bad yesterday, I have long had the belief the team's best options for the rest of this year is to have King and Caminiti as the two tall key forwards, so he misses out.

So my prediction by the selectors for round 9, for what it's worth:

Out: Paton, Membrey, Sharman
In: Webster, King, Caminiti

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Crazy to think that someone who is coming off a lengthy injury and being asked to play a role he isn’t suited to, is out of form. He will be back when he is able to move away from FF and play on guys that don’t monster him.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Saints58
Club Player

Leave Membrey in when he is the 3 option with King and caminiti in he will do a lot better.
caminity is a different sort of player very mobile should play CHF Membrey on the flank and King deep in the forward line with Butler, Higgins with Owens either in the midfield or HFF with Po.
Out this week to make way for King and caminiti is Sharman, Patten would give us more balance and pace.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Saints58 wrote: Mon 08 May 2023 3:14pm Leave Membrey in when he is the 3 option with King and caminiti in he will do a lot better.
caminity is a different sort of player very mobile should play CHF Membrey on the flank and King deep in the forward line with Butler, Higgins with Owens either in the midfield or HFF with Po.
Out this week to make way for King and caminiti is Sharman, Patten would give us more balance and pace.
Can’t see how that rewards Sharman who has reinvented himself all over the ground??? To keep Tim who’s out if form??
Membrey right now hasn’t got the pace to get ANY separation on his own opponent

“Yeah….nah””
Club Player

My thoughs..
Caminiti has strong leading patterns & has strong overhead marking & kicks goals. Forward.
King. Forward
Membrey, half forward
Philippou. High half forward
I'd like to keep Sharman has promise
Owens, utility

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

It’s actually Sharman v Membrey 3rd tall option
Membrey slow and liability up the ground
I’d go with Sharman for the future
We are not winning flag this year

“Yeah….nah””
Saintmike65
Club Player

bigcarl wrote: Sun 07 May 2023 8:18pm I don’t think they are competing for the same spot.

Caminiti is a potential key-position player. Membrey is a good third forward, but not tall or strong enough to crash packs as a key forward should.

I think Membrey is more competing with Cooper Sharman.
Totally agree…Sharman doesn’t deserve to be dropped but Membrey, although struggling is in the leadership group.
Dare say the toughest match committee meeting all year so far coming up!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Skunk will find his rhythm and is usually above average with his set shots. I think he’s below average with his field kicking. That’s why I reckon Membrey should be the one who stands in the goal square. With Max back, Tim gets the second best defender and not the number 1 defender, like the last few weeks.

King needs to gain a little confidence, so I reckon the best way to do that is to let the stallion run free around the ground. Put him up around CHF and get him to gallop in the paddock and don’t ever be static. That way he doesn’t need to wrestle or crash into packs. Plus…Max is under rated with his field kicking

Going to be tough for match committee to decide between the 4 tall roosters, but they know how each of these guys are travelling and their strengths against our up and coming opposition.

Go Saints