Indigenous Guernsey for 2023

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Re: Indigenous Guernsey for 2023

I like the simplicity of the design, the family totems and the names of all indigenous players to have represented the club.

Visually I’m not a fan of the yellow replacing the white, but when you look at this...... the colours look great.

Last edited by D.B.Cooper on Thu 11 May 2023 9:34am, edited 2 times in total.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
diddley
Club Player

… I would say that someone’s lid has officially been blown off.

lewdogs
Club Player

Annoyedsaint wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 12:23am
Sainternist wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 12:13am It’s definitely up with with Nicky’s design. Two thumbs up from me! 👍 👍
Annoyedsaint wrote: Wed 10 May 2023 11:47pm An extra week of propaganda.

In saying that, the propaganda in general is nauseating.
Ummm what? Propaganda… wtf? Are you alright?

Honouring Indigenous Australian players (past and present) is not propaganda. If you don’t like it, you can sod off and barrack for the Filth instead!
It is when it’s constant. Everywhere. Everyday.

This is a small portion of it. Suddenly it’s expanded to two weeks, exchanging of gifts to opposition, meaningless welcome to my own country before games.

All politically correct trash.

Sorry, not sorry.
Why do you care though? None of those things hurt you in any way but they make other people happy.

The exchanging of gifts for example, why do you have a problem with that? It's something that the indigenous players and leaders at the club have identified as something that will have a positive impact.

I think you need a bit of perspective on the country you live in. Some 2 billion people living in China can't even criticise the government, but we are a nanny state spreading propoganda?

Do you think you're racist? Because you are really coming across that way.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Wed 10 May 2023 10:44pm Image
i love that jumper !!

put a map of tassy on it

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Annoyedsaint
Club Player

lewdogs wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 8:16am
Sainternist wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 12:13am It’s definitely up with with Nicky’s design. Two thumbs up from me! 👍 👍

Honouring Indigenous Australian players (past and present) is not propaganda. If you don’t like it, you can sod off and barrack for the Filth instead!

This is a small portion of it. Suddenly it’s expanded to two weeks, exchanging of gifts to opposition, meaningless welcome to my own country before games.

Sorry, not sorry.
Why do you care though? None of those things hurt you in any way but they make other people happy.

The exchanging of gifts for example, why do you have a problem with that? It's something that the indigenous players and leaders at the club have identified as something that will have a positive impact.

I think you need a bit of perspective on the country you live in. Some 2 billion people living in China can't even criticise the government, but we are a nanny state spreading propoganda?

It’s not racist to critique and challenge.
Unless it’s in relation to anything Aboriginal.
But of course you need to be Aboriginal to comment apparently.

Australia is becoming more like China than you think.
Especially it’s governments.

Explain how trivial things make a positive impact?

I’d rather the $40b wasted every year be used properly.
That would be making a difference.

Brunswicksainter
Club Player

Nice design. Did we not wear a jumper similar to this a few years back in a heritage round game. I remember Gehrig kicking a few in it at the dome. Miss heritage round actually.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 1:42am
Ha ha ha! That's not a history lesson, it's just more propaganda.
Meaningless traditions, hmmm? Christmas, Easter and ANZAC day ring a bell? Oh that's right they aren't traditions, they are public holiday celebrations, to keep the simpleton slave middle classes amused and spending their hard earned on useless trinkets.

At Christmas we show thanks for the phrase, 'in the name of the lord'.

On Anzac Day, the Vietnamese, Turkish and all those other immigrants our government brought in, celebrate us defending our shores, overseas in someone else's country, just so we could invite them back, to live here and enjoy some cultural celebrations like ANZAC day.

Christmas Day, that's a day off for pedo priests. They are kept busy celebrating Christmas and peace on earth, the banks and other lenders love it.

Easter. This one celebrates the memory of the now extinct, but once prolific, Chocolate Bunny, that laid eggs.

No. No. No. We definitely don't won't the actually rightful owners of the place celebrating any traditions. That's not socially acceptable at all.
Are you suggesting that ANZAC day is a meaningless tradition?
Is this discussion headed down a tenebrous corridor, or am I missing your point entirely?

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Probably time to shut the thread down!
Descended into politally charge rants instead of being about the jumper!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Sorry, not sorry.

I think its safe to say no racist has ever admitted being a racist

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Annoyedsaint
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 10:00am

Sorry, not sorry.

Give it a spell. Who made you commissioner of the thought police.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 9:30am
CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 1:42am
Ha ha ha! That's not a history lesson, it's just more propaganda.
Meaningless traditions, hmmm? Christmas, Easter and ANZAC day ring a bell? Oh that's right they aren't traditions, they are public holiday celebrations, to keep the simpleton slave middle classes amused and spending their hard earned on useless trinkets.

At Christmas we show thanks for the phrase, 'in the name of the lord'.

On Anzac Day, the Vietnamese, Turkish and all those other immigrants our government brought in, celebrate us defending our shores, overseas in someone else's country, just so we could invite them back, to live here and enjoy some cultural celebrations like ANZAC day.

Christmas Day, that's a day off for pedo priests. They are kept busy celebrating Christmas and peace on earth, the banks and other lenders love it.

Easter. This one celebrates the memory of the now extinct, but once prolific, Chocolate Bunny, that laid eggs.

No. No. No. We definitely don't won't the actually rightful owners of the place celebrating any traditions. That's not socially acceptable at all.
Are you suggesting that ANZAC day is a meaningless tradition?
Is this discussion headed down a tenebrous corridor, or am I missing your point entirely?
I'm not suggesting any such thing. I am echoeing the thoughts of men I am related to who fought in the wars this country and New Zealand, have engaged in.

While one man was fighting for the freedom of men in another country, he was treated like fauna in his own country.

And, while he was permitted to fight, he wasn't permitted to vote or drink in the same bar as his digger mates. He was paid less for the same job, done better and he was under constant threat of having his children removed from him because of a policy, made by the government of this country, that men of his colour, were to be excluded from having the same civil rights, mainstream society enjoy, despite not only being born in the country, fighting for the country try but also, despite being a native of the country, whose family, could lay claims to having protected this land for thousands of years.

We remember those who fought and died, we honour those that fought and survived.
There is a nation of people living on this Island, that have been fighting for their country and freedom since day 1of the European invasion. They fought against insurmountable odds.
Clearly, ANZAC day only has special meaning for our own, who ever they where.

ANZAC day means different things to different people. Perhaps meaningless was the wrong category. Did I inflame your ego? Not my intention, I'm sorry if you were offended, thank you for asking.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

What is this whole website called Saintsational all
about and...what are the origins of this sport that we love and follow passionately?

For anyone 'annoyed' about the honouring of indigenous people maybe they need to search for the true history of Aussie Rules Footy?

If it wasn't for marngrook (No..not the show on tv) and our first nations people here on Gondwana we'd just be soccer, rugby and cricket fans... or we'd be participating in the world series of baseball

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I'm sure many Anglos have some brilliant Aboriginal art hanging on their walls at home. They appreciate that there is creativity in the works but surely that's not acknowledging any sort of advanced society just because of some rock art?

See ..thing is...they read about these things regarding the origins of the sport, but it doesn't suit the narrative of 'savages' having any input into Aussie culture.

Civilisation and sport and culture only started when the British arrived ... that's what was taught in schools

That's the real 'world' in which they grew up.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 11:28am What is this whole website called Saintsational all
about and...what are the origins of this sport that we love and follow passionately?

For anyone 'annoyed' about the honouring of indigenous people maybe they need to search for the true history of Aussie Rules Footy?

If it wasn't for marngrook (No..not the show on tv) and our first nations people here on Gondwana we'd just be soccer, rugby and cricket fans... or we'd be participating in the world series of baseball
Geez, you really are a spud, ‘scollop’.

I’ve got no issues about honouring anything, but hearing about it every bloody day and at every game?
No thanks.

You don’t honour war veterans every day in an official capacity. Doesn’t stop anyone from thinking about it though. No group of people should be on a pedestal constantly and in your face about it.

People really need to stop dwelling on the past.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

What's worse?

Getting told about the wrongs of the past even though you weren't directly responsible..and being told about it every day (which is an exaggeration because you don't go to the footy daily) ...

Or...actually living in those times and being a victim of the injustice and being traumatised by it and ... reliving it every day...

Spud
Last edited by Scollop on Thu 11 May 2023 12:48pm, edited 2 times in total.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Annoyedsaint wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 10:09am

Sorry, not sorry.

Did I say what you were or weren't allowed to think?

Just calling a spade a spade.

If you're ashamed of your opinions then maybe that's a sign for you to do some self reflection.

Otherwise just own it.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 11:59am

Sorry, not sorry.

If you're ashamed of your opinions then maybe that's a sign for you to do some self reflection.

Otherwise just own it.
I’m calling a spade a spade, don’t worry about that.
Some people cannot be helped.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Annoyedsaint wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 12:02pm
The_Dud wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 11:59am

Sorry, not sorry.

Otherwise just own it.
I’m calling a spade a spade, don’t worry about that.
Some people cannot be helped.
Everyday, at 6pm in the local RSL, you need to make sure you don't have your hat on and reflect in silence while the ode of remembrance is recited. If you don't like that, you won't be welcomed, as it's a sign of disrespect. If you don't like it, don't go.

At every match, the indigenous players at St.Kilda present gifts of peace, as a customary exchange. The club has endorsed this. If you don't like, you know what you can do. I'm sure you have been told before.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Whether they are white or black isn't the issue Mr Annoyed. Same issues of poverty and addiction occur to communities everywhere

"They cannot be helped" is blaming them for the situation they found themselves in.

'She deserved it Your Honour' I swear if you were in my shoes you would have bashed her everyday and done what I did for years.

They were not only 'stolen' children. Their land was stolen. Their community and their lives were broken. They weren't able to work or go to school and were driven out of town.

It's your upbringing and it's where you are born and who you are born to that largely determines your opportunities in life

Do you think Harry and Meghan's kids or Will and Kate's kids will have the same problems of addiction and poverty as many kids from lower socioeconomic backgrounds?

What if ALL indigenous families in Australia were gifted a salary equal to what Charles and Camilla will be taxing the Commonwealth or maybe if you think that's too much.. what about the charity (sorry income) that Will and Kate are gifted from British taxpayers?

Do you think if we do that for the next 150 years - similar to the wealth and taxes gifted to the British Crown - that indigenous people won't be helped?

Spud

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Oh my God, this thread cannot be real.
Sadly I'm not shocked by it though.

Jumper looks amazing.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 12:14pm Whether they are white or black isn't the issue Mr Annoyed. Same issues of poverty and addiction occur to communities everywhere

"They cannot be helped" is blaming them for the situation they found themselves in.

'She deserved it Your Honour' I swear if you were in my shoes you would have bashed her everyday and done what I did for years.

They were not only 'stolen' children. Their land was stolen. Their community and their lives were broken. They weren't able to work or go to school and were driven out of town.

It's your upbringing and it's where you are born and who you are born to that largely determines your opportunities in life

Do you think Harry and Meghan's kids or Will and Kate's kids will have the same problems of addiction and poverty as many kids from lower socioeconomic backgrounds?

What if ALL indigenous families in Australia were gifted a salary equal to what Charles and Camilla will be taxing the Commonwealth or maybe if you think that's too much.. what about the charity (sorry income) that Will and Kate are gifted from British taxpayers?

Do you think if we do that for the next 150 years - similar to the wealth and taxes gifted to the British Crown - that indigenous people won't be helped?

Spud
No amount of money will help unless a majority want to be helped. The issue is many want the perks of money and having everything the evil white man invented in the past 250 years, but then want to live their own way without working for it.

At some point that has got to stop, otherwise it gets worse and worse and the money dries up and then it’s you and I that pay increased taxes to fund it. For what??

If you have no issue with that continuing forever then clearly you aren’t paying enough tax to care, or you are an out and out socialist that believes everyone should be even.

Guess what, the world aint fair.
You gotta put in to get something out of it, and even then you aren’t guaranteed a reward

60,000 years (apparently) compared to 250 years of achievement. It’s laughable to compare.

Australia is heading for poor times, maybe when that occurs people will appreciate what our parents and grandparents achieved without painting them as the devil.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Oh my...

That post needs one of those political disclaimers at the end - *This post was brought to you by white privilege*

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

don't mind that guernsey at all.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Annoyedsaint wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 12:58pm
60,000 years (apparently) compared to 250 years of achievement. It’s laughable to compare.
Again...the narrative is that what they had wasn't much. The fact that they didn't build factories or invade other people's lands doesn't mean they didn't achieve

You are fkn clueless as to the 'richness' of their lives pre the invasion and colonisation. We are talking about culture and art and sustainability and prosperity...

...but not in terms of Right Wing white man's prosperity. No bank account. No need for never ending growth for the sake of growth. No profits and no pillage and plunder and waste

Spud
Last edited by Scollop on Thu 11 May 2023 1:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 1:08pm don't mind that guernsey at all.
Yep, great effort.