Vilification will earn you a lifetime ban

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Vilification will earn you a lifetime ban

Annoyedsaint needs a name change. Annoyingsaint would be more appropriate in my humble opinion after wading through these totally inappropriate posts. This is supposed to be a forum to discuss to footy issues, not the ills of the word at large FFS.

This thread proves that ignorance is not just bliss it is f****** annoying.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Lol - no - everyone is welcome - but The_Dud has been conspicuously absent since challenged - lol

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 8:18am
The_Dud wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 10:50am
Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 12 May 2023 7:25am
LOL - no - actually - you are the one describing a scenario that is not possible - there are not two people exactly suited for the role

But I am not being a hypocrite or maintaining integrity.

As per current laws - I am literally not allowed to know if someone comes up through hard knocks or through the Old Boys network except what they list on their CV.

So - as I said - if they are perfectly matched, and I can only hire one - I ask them about Umpires in AFL football - and then make my choice :wink:

But please tell me why person A is the person you should hire???? Aside from qualifications, which once you start work usually mean squat, they are after all perfectly matched in their ability to do the job as you stressed!
And please enlighten me as to why I am a hypocrite for hiring person B who can do the job as well as Person A?

I think you miss my whole philosophy on life - take away the A & B and you are asking if I hire Person or Person - and that, my friend, is how I see the world - PERSONS who make up HUMANITY

Maybe you do not have the same tolerance and understanding of the real world as you profess!
It's a simple question, Person A or Person B? You don't know their background, all you know is that by all measurables at your disposal Person A is the more qualified candidate for the job.

But keep writing in circles, going off on tangents, anything but answer the question, honestly didn't think you'd take the cowards way out.

As Scollop hinted at above, their are many Australians, including people on this forum, who were born and grew up into adulthood in an Australia where Aboriginals weren't recognised as citizens, it was legal to rape your wife and illegal to engage in homosexual acts. But lucky for us in 2023 that has all been forgotten! There are no hangovers from generations of discrimination, racism/sexism/homophobia has all been solved in Australia! Everyone is now seen and treated as just "persons" (unlike those backwards Americans)!

I'm envious of you SD, as you live in a world where everyone has an equal chance of success, whether you're born into poverty or Kerry Packers kid, you both have the same chance at becoming a billionaire as long as you just work hard, amirite?!

Why should we be giving anyone a leg-up? They just need to work harder and not be so lazy!
Before you call me a Coward (which I find offensive) for having convictions that I have very clearly stated that I do not discriminate - did you ever answer the above question????

And to redirect your point about working hard - you have more chance to become a billionaire if you do work hard than if you don't - but I will never be a Billionaire - I will just be a comfortable wage earner looking to secure a future for his wife and child who has no doubt that he is loved!

[Oh and talk about writing in circles and tangents - what does sanctified rape and homosexual acts have to do with Hiring Person A or B]

[[And how do you know what world I live in

- how do you know whether or not 20 years ago I was working at 2:00 in the morning cleaning fat fryers at Melbourne Zoo to get $75 per day to put food on the table for my 3 year old son??
- how do you know whether or not my contract employer went bust in the GFC leaving my with $150K worth of billings unpaid to my wife and myself?
- how do you know whether or not my parents sold an investment unit in Chelsea to pay for me to go to the cheaper of the 'Good' schools?]]
Mate, I’ve tried to move on as this is the internet and it’s not going anywhere.

If you honestly don’t think discrimination exists in this country, then there’s no point even having a conversation.

I answered your question a number of times. The whole point was illustrating how “just hire the best PERSON for the job” is a flawed system that favours the ‘advantaged’ and punishes the ‘disadvantaged’, and the same unfair cycle continues on.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 7:51pm Lol - no - everyone is welcome - but The_Dud has been conspicuously absent since challenged - lol
Certain persuasions love to profess to be the moral compass on everything whilst being unchallenged.
It applies to nearly all topics, not just this one.

They then can’t believe they get challenged and react accordingly. We all know who they are.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

amusingname wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 6:09pm I am glad this thread has identified the real vilification in Australia today: white men who want to apply for indigenous identified public service positions and landlords who want to evict their tenants.

It’s a tough life.
Funny how after 200+ years of white men being king in Australia, one job is advertised only for Indigenous Australians and apparently the country has now gone to the dogs!

Says a lot!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 7:54pm
LOL - no - actually - you are the one describing a scenario that is not possible - there are not two people exactly suited for the role

As per current laws - I am literally not allowed to know if someone comes up through hard knocks or through the Old Boys network except what they list on their CV.

So - as I said - if they are perfectly matched, and I can only hire one - I ask them about Umpires in AFL football - and then make my choice :wink:

But please tell me why person A is the person you should hire???? Aside from qualifications, which once you start work usually mean squat, they are after all perfectly matched in their ability to do the job as you stressed!
And please enlighten me as to why I am a hypocrite for hiring person B who can do the job as well as Person A?

I think you miss my whole philosophy on life - take away the A & B and you are asking if I hire Person or Person - and that, my friend, is how I see the world - PERSONS who make up HUMANITY

Maybe you do not have the same tolerance and understanding of the real world as you profess!
It's a simple question, Person A or Person B? You don't know their background, all you know is that by all measurables at your disposal Person A is the more qualified candidate for the job.

But keep writing in circles, going off on tangents, anything but answer the question, honestly didn't think you'd take the cowards way out.

As Scollop hinted at above, their are many Australians, including people on this forum, who were born and grew up into adulthood in an Australia where Aboriginals weren't recognised as citizens, it was legal to rape your wife and illegal to engage in homosexual acts. But lucky for us in 2023 that has all been forgotten! There are no hangovers from generations of discrimination, racism/sexism/homophobia has all been solved in Australia! Everyone is now seen and treated as just "persons" (unlike those backwards Americans)!

I'm envious of you SD, as you live in a world where everyone has an equal chance of success, whether you're born into poverty or Kerry Packers kid, you both have the same chance at becoming a billionaire as long as you just work hard, amirite?!

Why should we be giving anyone a leg-up? They just need to work harder and not be so lazy!
Before you call me a Coward (which I find offensive) for having convictions that I have very clearly stated that I do not discriminate - did you ever answer the above question????

And to redirect your point about working hard - you have more chance to become a billionaire if you do work hard than if you don't - but I will never be a Billionaire - I will just be a comfortable wage earner looking to secure a future for his wife and child who has no doubt that he is loved!

[Oh and talk about writing in circles and tangents - what does sanctified rape and homosexual acts have to do with Hiring Person A or B]

- how do you know whether or not 20 years ago I was working at 2:00 in the morning cleaning fat fryers at Melbourne Zoo to get $75 per day to put food on the table for my 3 year old son??
- how do you know whether or not my contract employer went bust in the GFC leaving my with $150K worth of billings unpaid to my wife and myself?
- how do you know whether or not my parents sold an investment unit in Chelsea to pay for me to go to the cheaper of the 'Good' schools?]]
Mate, I’ve tried to move on as this is the internet and it’s not going anywhere.

If you honestly don’t think discrimination exists in this country, then there’s no point even having a conversation.

I answered your question a number of times. The whole point was illustrating how “just hire the best PERSON for the job” is a flawed system that favours the ‘advantaged’ and punishes the ‘disadvantaged’, and the same unfair cycle continues on.
You called me a hypocrite or perpetuating the inequality and a coward

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 6:31pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 6:26pm NDIS a perfect example. So many rorts, but there is always people cheating ANY system to make a dollar unfortunately
Surely you don't mean a situation that someone claims a $25,000 camera to take photos of the residents enjoying themselves for the family?
The problem there, is some approved it, but I doubt it.

happy feet
Club Player

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 5:53pm
happy feet wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 5:46pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 5:22pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 12:06pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 9:30am You (and others) are so brainwashed and caught up on things that happened so long ago that you are beyond saving. People like you are only going to be happy when my wage is $80k and the govt wage is $100k, plus royalties, plus an extra tax on properties, a breathing tax, hell, why not throw in a special levy for attending AFL on aboriginal grounds.

People like you will never move forward because as another poster already mentioned, your type don’t want equal opportunity, you want equal result regardless of effort.
Guess what, it’ll never happen.

You are one sad individual that clearly wants to tear everything down and see everyone miserable, possibly to compensate for your own failures in life.
Government Salary implies working
I was implying govt pension for doing nothing, but being a public servant is next best for certain jobs. It’s why only certain people need apply…

But it’s all about equality, right?
You a$$Ehole. I have worked in a three levels of Government and I work my backside off and have done for the last 43 years. At time I’m talking 60 hour weeks, no overtime mate, weeks away from family staying in s*** motels. Most people I have worked with in the public sector work extremely hard. There are no perks, no corporate lunches, no gifts - you can’t accept any of it. Pay rises for the last 8 or 9 years capped at 2% and forgone during the pandemic. So shove your moronic comments about public servants right up your self entitled @r$e.
You’ve read that wrong.
I said certain jobs.

Again, there are great workers, but it is saturated and a reduction desperately required, look at the wage bill in Vic. It’s ridiculous.

It wasn’t meant for someone like yourself on the face value of what you have said above.

If you are working 60h weeks, then you are either relatively high up or you’ve been taken for a ride.
I wouldn’t say I am that high up but your comment “taken for a ride” again shows total ignorance of why most people work in the public sector. Many people work in the public sector to serve their community, to make life better for all in our community, to try to improve the services and facilities for all Australians, to leave the place in a better shape for future generations.

It’s a shame you are so ignorant of these matters, but from your comments you are probably a person who just looks after themself and does not give a stuff about anyone else.

I stand by my previous comments.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Mate, if you were running a business, risking your own money and assets. If you needed someone to do a critical job for your business. For example you owned a charter airline and needed a commercial pilot. Would you want the most competent Pilot available or would you take a less competent pilot who was less 'advantaged''?

Or if you ran a Hospital and had to hire a Surgeon?

Or if you invested in a Restaurant and needed a Chef?
Your assertion: "“just hire the best PERSON for the job” is a flawed system that favours the ‘advantaged’ and punishes the ‘disadvantaged’", is childish nonsense. For a start its a choice not a system.

You say you've answered questions, no you haven't, I've posed a few and you've ignored them and you haven't answered his questions, just shifted goal posts. So answer this, how does choosing the most competent favor the 'advantaged' or punish anyone?

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

#

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

WOW!

9 pages of hate, ignorance and bigotry

It takes a lot for the ole SS brigade to get this wound up these days but it would appear all 10 members are up and about on this topic.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 11:27pm WOW!

It takes a lot for the ole SS brigade to get this wound up these days but it would appear all 10 members are up and about on this topic.
You admitted in an earlier post, that you hadn't read the thread and that's why you made a bulls*** comment similar to your one above.

So have you just repeated a bulls*** comment or have you now read the thread? If you have read it, I'd agree there's a fair bit of ignorance, but I think we have different ideas on which posts are ignorant. Hate and bigotry, that's just plain intellectual dishonesty.

Your language resembles that of a dogmatic idealogue. Inevitably they become bigoted towards anyone that disagrees with their idealogy.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 11:52pm

You admitted in an earlier post, that you hadn't read the thread and that's why you made a bulls*** comment similar to your one above.

So have you just repeated a bulls*** comment or have you now read the thread? If you have read it, I'd agree there's a fair bit of ignorance, but I think we have different ideas on which posts are ignorant. Hate and bigotry, that's just plain intellectual dishonesty.

Your language resembles that of a dogmatic idealogue. Inevitably they become bigoted towards anyone that disagrees with their idealogy.

I don't need to read threads like this to learn about the contained content preferring to leverage from my mystic powers to only read the thread subject and page number.

My Mantra on the topic of vilification is highly complex but doesn't need 9 pages and is...

Try not to be a Kent.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 11:01pm

Mate, if you were running a business, risking your own money and assets. If you needed someone to do a critical job for your business. For example you owned a charter airline and needed a commercial pilot. Would you want the most competent Pilot available or would you take a less competent pilot who was less 'advantaged''?

Or if you ran a Hospital and had to hire a Surgeon?

Or if you invested in a Restaurant and needed a Chef?
Your assertion: "“just hire the best PERSON for the job” is a flawed system that favours the ‘advantaged’ and punishes the ‘disadvantaged’", is childish nonsense. For a start its a choice not a system.

You say you've answered questions, no you haven't, I've posed a few and you've ignored them and you haven't answered his questions, just shifted goal posts. So answer this, how does choosing the most competent favor the 'advantaged' or punish anyone?
Hey G Train - not sure if you read the whole thing - Dud kept emphasizing that both the people were EQUALLY CAPABLE of doing the job - ie inferring that it was not a degree based job.
The_Dud wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 10:51pm Here’s a scenario.

Two people are born, person A and person B. They are born with the exact same capabilities.

Person A is born to a stable home and loving family. They are financially comfortable. Person A goes to the best school in the area where they can be fully dedicated to their studies and receive extra help when they need it. They work hard and earn top marks which gets them into their dream course at their chosen uni. Uni reflects school and they again graduate top of their class.

Person B is born to a broken home and abusive family. They go to the closest school to where they live and at a young age need to get a job to help support their family. Their time is split between work, school and caring for their siblings. They work hard and earn pretty good marks, but not quite good enough to get them into their dream uni course. They settle for something less prestigious, uni reflects school and they graduate with pretty good marks.

SD is hiring someone for a job, there is one position open, Person A and Person B both apply. They are still both equally capable, but one has better school grades, and a more relevant degree with higher marks.

Who do you hire SD?
The_Dud wrote: Thu 11 May 2023 11:23pm Their differences when it comes to who meets your needs, spell and scores on your test, how nice they are and how well you get along are negligible. Their only discernible difference is one is much more ‘qualified’ than the other.
I said if they could both push my business forward and I had the means - both
If not - I would choose upon meeting them to see if they fit my 'corporate vision'.
- Maybe that is whether they were a Kent or Not
- Maybe that is based on their life views
- Maybe that is based on what time of day I interview

How does any of the above - or my answers make me:
- A Hypocrite;
- A Coward; or
- Someone who perpetuates Inequality?

If the question was do I want a fully qualified person doing my Brain Surgery (need to find it first - remember I am a Sainter), Dental Work, Flying my plane - then yes I want qualified over non qualified. But that was not the question.

― Aristophanes

asiu
Saintsational Legend

but it would appear all 10 members are up and about on this topic.
haha

:P

though !!!

there's a certain ... (growing) restraint ... that encompasses another's opinion ... which is getting towards 'grown up'

thats gotta be good

go us

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
lewdogs
Club Player

There are people in this country that evade paying millions in tax, that could easily afford to pay it but basically have decided they are better than everyday Australians.

But yes, the real issue is someone that claimed a camera to take photos of a person with a disability. Or all the people "living it up" on jobseeker payments.

A few on here need a dose of perspective.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

― Aristophanes

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Sun 14 May 2023 8:18am
The G Train Legacy wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 11:52pm

I don't need to read threads like this to learn about the contained content preferring to leverage from my mystic powers to only read the thread subject and page number.

My Mantra on the topic of vilification is highly complex but doesn't need 9 pages and is...

Try not to be a Kent.
You just admitted you're a dogmatic bulls*** artist, not to mention a disgusting, unintelligent bigot.

Never call me a c**t again, you misguided pansy.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

lewdogs wrote: Sun 14 May 2023 9:33am There are people in this country that evade paying millions in tax, that could easily afford to pay it but basically have decided they are better than everyday Australians.

But yes, the real issue is someone that claimed a camera to take photos of a person with a disability. Or all the people "living it up" on jobseeker payments.

Nice try, but why would anyone pay more tax than they need to? Kerry Packer said it best, they already waste what I pay now, why give them more!

Also, most times “evading” tax is using the rules in front of you to help “avoid” paying more tax.
Wouldn’t you do the same? You’d be lying if you didn’t.

Plus, your comment above isn’t the point, the point is money shouldn’t be given out like confetti.
After all, it’s actual taxpayers that fund it.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

lewdogs wrote: Sun 14 May 2023 9:33am There are people in this country that evade paying millions in tax, that could easily afford to pay it but basically have decided they are better than everyday Australians.

Given that governments flushed in excess of $2 trillion down the toilet during Covid, I'll also be seeking to avoid taxes in future.

I already have an arrangement with some local small businesses where I strictly use cash so that they can minimise their GST burden.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

happy feet wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 10:22pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 5:53pm
happy feet wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 5:46pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 5:22pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 12:06pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 9:30am You (and others) are so brainwashed and caught up on things that happened so long ago that you are beyond saving. People like you are only going to be happy when my wage is $80k and the govt wage is $100k, plus royalties, plus an extra tax on properties, a breathing tax, hell, why not throw in a special levy for attending AFL on aboriginal grounds.

People like you will never move forward because as another poster already mentioned, your type don’t want equal opportunity, you want equal result regardless of effort.
Guess what, it’ll never happen.

You are one sad individual that clearly wants to tear everything down and see everyone miserable, possibly to compensate for your own failures in life.
Government Salary implies working
I was implying govt pension for doing nothing, but being a public servant is next best for certain jobs. It’s why only certain people need apply…

But it’s all about equality, right?
You a$$Ehole. I have worked in a three levels of Government and I work my backside off and have done for the last 43 years. At time I’m talking 60 hour weeks, no overtime mate, weeks away from family staying in s*** motels. Most people I have worked with in the public sector work extremely hard. There are no perks, no corporate lunches, no gifts - you can’t accept any of it. Pay rises for the last 8 or 9 years capped at 2% and forgone during the pandemic. So shove your moronic comments about public servants right up your self entitled @r$e.
You’ve read that wrong.
I said certain jobs.

Again, there are great workers, but it is saturated and a reduction desperately required, look at the wage bill in Vic. It’s ridiculous.

It wasn’t meant for someone like yourself on the face value of what you have said above.

If you are working 60h weeks, then you are either relatively high up or you’ve been taken for a ride.
I wouldn’t say I am that high up but your comment “taken for a ride” again shows total ignorance of why most people work in the public sector. Many people work in the public sector to serve their community, to make life better for all in our community, to try to improve the services and facilities for all Australians, to leave the place in a better shape for future generations.

It’s a shame you are so ignorant of these matters, but from your comments you are probably a person who just looks after themself and does not give a stuff about anyone else.

I stand by my previous comments.
Most people just want to work enough to get through to retirement. That’s it. I guarantee it applies to people in public service. Whether is be a nurse, police, etc. as soon as the they have enough to live on without working they are gone. Not a chance they care about the broader community. I care about family and close mates, I don’t owe anything to anyone else and won’t be bullied into believing I do.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 14 May 2023 11:10am

Nice try, but why would anyone pay more tax than they need to? Kerry Packer said it best, they already waste what I pay now, why give them more!

Also, most times “evading” tax is using the rules in front of you to help “avoid” paying more tax.

Plus, your comment above isn’t the point, the point is money shouldn’t be given out like confetti.
On that front front, why work, when you can get the dole, live in the street, pay no bills bar having a phone and make $200 in a day begging.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

is that like

Our Land shouldn't have been given out like confetti ?

at least our land was real

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 14 May 2023 11:18am
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 14 May 2023 11:10am

On that front front, why work, when you can get the dole, live in the street, pay no bills bar having a phone and make $200 in a day begging.
I think street beggars are doing it tough these days as no one carries cash anymore. I certainly don't.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

asiu wrote: Sun 14 May 2023 11:22am is that like

Our Land shouldn't have been given out like confetti ?

at least our land was real
Unreal. 😆😂

You’ll never be happy.