Votes v crows

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

George27
Club Player

Votes v crows

I have to head off to a Mothers’ Day function, so for what it is worth, here are my votes.

5, Marshall
4. Clark.
3. Crouch
2. Steele .
1. Higgins

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Votes v crows

Bump

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Banger9798
SS Life Member

Tough to find votes

3. Clark
3. Higgins
3. Wood
1. Stocker
1. Sinclair

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

5. Higgjns
4. Clark
-5. Howard

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

not quite as poor as the rest
marshall
wood
crouch
clark
higgins
one mistake cost cami some points, so bad was it.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Hard to find any good players

2-Stocker
1-Higgins

That is all

avid
Club Player

5 Crouch
4 Higgins
3 Wood
2 Clark
1 Marshal

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Re: Votes v Croweaters

5 - Marshall
2 - Clark
2 - Steele
2 - Higgins
2 - Crouch
1 - Wood
1 - Stocker

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Angry natives it seems

Perhaps the forum would be better served with a round of bottom 5 votes adding a minus to everyone’s scores

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

No votes from me.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

5 Clark
4 Higgins
3 Stocker
2 Crouch
1 Wood

older saint
SS Life Member

5. Marshall
4.Crouch
3.Higgins
2. Wood
1 Clark

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Not really in the mood to give votes for what was really a piss poor effort but here goes nothing:

5. Marshall
4.Clark
3. Higgins
2. Owens
1.Crouch

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Clark
Steele
Higgins
Sinclair
Wood

Up until Jack Steele came off the ground it was clearly between him and Hunter Clark for best Saints player. Clark was one of the few Saints who kicked well yesterday. Clark and Steele went at 76% disposal efficiency.

Hunter kept contributing in that last quarter and kept finding his team mates with some beautiful kicking inside 50.

Crouch had 30 but half his touches cost the team instead of helping us. In the last quarter DalSanto on Foxfooty and Dermot talked about it. He had 7 clearances and 4 went to Adelaide players. He had a total of 10 clangers

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

32 Clark
30 Higgins
26 Marshall
20 Crouch
15 Wood
8 Steele
7 Stocker
3 Sinclair
2 Owens

Therefore:
5 Clark
4 Higgins
3 Marshall
2 Crouch
1 Wood

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 16 May 2023 10:00am Clark
Steele
Higgins
Sinclair
Wood

Up until Jack Steele came off the ground it was clearly between him and Hunter Clark for best Saints player. Clark was one of the few Saints who kicked well yesterday. Clark and Steele went at 76% disposal efficiency.

Hunter kept contributing in that last quarter and kept finding his team mates with some beautiful kicking inside 50.

Crouch had 30 but half his touches cost the team instead of helping us. In the last quarter DalSanto on Foxfooty and Dermot talked about it. He had 7 clearances and 4 went to Adelaide players. He had a total of 10 clangers
Haven't seen the match, but it sounds from your description that B. Crouch was playing for Adelaide again. Yet he was voted 4th best Saint on here and best Saint on AFL site. Go figure.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Voting is subjective and I don't have a huge issue with who people vote for. I just like to express my thoughts and hopefully get people thinking a bit deeper about who we reward. There is no doubt that Crouch gives great effort

4 weeks ago when Crouch was getting 30 touches most on here were ridiculing my thoughts and saying he was best on ground or equal best ...at least now some people are not even giving him 1 vote

Not all people who vote try to assess the worth and the value of each disposal

Some people look at stats and just give Crouch 5 votes. It doesn't necessarily mean they understand footy. I know it's hard to ignore 30 touches (and some journos lazily look at stats rather than making a judgement call on impact)

Who knows if they even watched the game!! Who knows if player agents come on here and vote?!?

I haven't seen you participate that often.

Anyhow...if Robert Klomp can win a tv for best on ground, I suppose anyone can

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Wed 17 May 2023 7:34pm Voting is subjective and I don't have a huge issue with who people vote for. I just like to express my thoughts and hopefully get people thinking a bit deeper about who we reward. There is no doubt that Crouch gives great effort

4 weeks ago when Crouch was getting 30 touches most on here were ridiculing my thoughts and saying he was best on ground or equal best ...at least now some people are not even giving him 1 vote

Not all people who vote try to assess the worth and the value of each disposal

Some people look at stats and just give Crouch 5 votes. It doesn't necessarily mean they understand footy. I know it's hard to ignore 30 touches (and some journos lazily look at stats rather than making a judgement call on impact)

Who knows if they even watched the game!! Who knows if player agents come on here and vote?!?

I haven't seen you participate that often.

Anyhow...if Robert Klomp can win a tv for best on ground, I suppose anyone can
Yes, voting is subjective, which also makes it susceptible to bias. You try to get people to think a bit deeper about who we reward? Interesting. I don't think too many posters look at every Crouch possession and think - what would Bytel have done with that possession?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

That's it! Having a personal dig at me is what you're good at

It comes down to one thing and 1 thing Only when I criticise a player or rate a player the club has brought in (instead of developing and giving opportunity to the talent already on your list)

Has the midfield performed better since Crouch was recruited? He came at the end of 2020

We knew Clark had talent, but he just had a bad run with injury. Same with Gresh. We knew Seb would give consistent effort and I don't need to mention Jack Steele. His trajectory was determined prior to Crouch arriving. The only guy we weren't sure about was a guy who needed games experience and some time to gell with his team mates.

Has our team's performance improved in 2021 and 2022 with Crouch present at every stoppage?

Has the midfield unit improved and has Brad helped to elevate those around him? I don't think so.

Let's see what unfolds in 2023

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Thu 18 May 2023 9:39am That's it! Having a personal dig at me is what you're good at

It comes down to one thing and 1 thing Only when I criticise a player or rate a player the club has brought in (instead of developing and giving opportunity to the talent already on your list)

Has the midfield performed better since Crouch was recruited? He came at the end of 2020

We knew Clark had talent, but he just had a bad run with injury. Same with Gresh. We knew Seb would give consistent effort and I don't need to mention Jack Steele. His trajectory was determined prior to Crouch arriving. The only guy we weren't sure about was a guy who needed games experience and some time to gell with his team mates.

Has our team's performance improved in 2021 and 2022 with Crouch present at every stoppage?

Has the midfield unit improved and has Brad helped to elevate those around him? I don't think so.

Thanks for confirming your bias. Of course Crouch is no Oliver or Neale, but, yes I believe Crouch contributes substantially to the midfield. 5th in 2021 and 6th in 2022 in BNF, and at least that level so far this year proves that doesn't it?

It is true Bytel has had injuries, but he has also been available for plenty of games, yet has missed out, or been sub. There has been no hesitation in playing Pou for every game, so if Bytel was rated highly enough surely he wouldn't just be named as sub?

Maybe he might get a good run at it this year, if he does hopefully he makes the most of it. Probably a few not in the 22 ahead of him though. Otherwise, out of contract this year, and it's off to North next year for a 3rd rounder.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Thu 18 May 2023 10:27am
Scollop wrote: Thu 18 May 2023 9:39am That's it! Having a personal dig at me is what you're good at

Thanks for confirming your bias. Of course Crouch is no Oliver or Neale, but, yes I believe Crouch contributes substantially to the midfield. 5th in 2021 and 6th in 2022 in BNF, and at least that level so far this year proves that doesn't it?

It is true Bytel has had injuries, but he has also been available for plenty of games, yet has missed out, or been sub. There has been no hesitation in playing Pou for every game, so if Bytel was rated highly enough surely he wouldn't just be named as sub?

Maybe he might get a good run at it this year, if he does hopefully he makes the most of it. Probably a few not in the 22 ahead of him though. Otherwise, out of contract this year, and it's off to North next year for a 3rd rounder.
I am pretty sure Brett Raten will take any disenfranchised Saint he can but he was never a Bytel fan.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Bytel looks leaner this year but needs to improve his tank if he wants a long AFL career

I'm sure it's an area he's working on

Jack needs to engage that fellow that Jobe Watson worked with