RTB's Presser

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

RTB's Presser

Have to say he looked a bit shell shocked.. which probably means he was surprised by the outcome.
so if thats true some reality has set in and he will start making some drastic changes..as per coming down hard on all and sundry.

Another part of the presser perplexed me..he harped on the 2nd qrt and funneled many questions back to the achievements of that Qrt..
personally I cant see how you can hang your hat on such a small part of an overall drubbing.

hopefully this is just Ross waving of the vultures and has plan B under his sleeve.

In Ross I trust.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Re: RTB's Presser

The Fireman wrote: Sun 14 May 2023 11:39pm Have to say he looked a bit shell shocked.. which probably means he was surprised by the outcome.
so if thats true some reality has set in and he will start making some drastic changes..as per coming down hard on all and sundry.

Another part of the presser perplexed me..he harped on the 2nd qrt and funneled many questions back to the achievements of that Qrt..
personally I cant see how you can hang your hat on such a small part of an overall drubbing.

hopefully this is just Ross waving of the vultures and has plan B under his sleeve.

In Ross I trust.
Was a complete word soup of deflect and useless stats.
Strange for a known straight shooter.

Just come out and say that was trash and be strong about it. I’d rather that than dance around the issues.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 14 May 2023 11:51pm
The Fireman wrote: Sun 14 May 2023 11:39pm Have to say he looked a bit shell shocked.. which probably means he was surprised by the outcome.

In Ross I trust.

Just come out and say that was trash and be strong about it. I’d rather that than dance around the issues.
I think this is Ross protecting his players - he’s known for it
He won’t throw them under the bus but behind closed doors he’ll be acutely aware of where the issues lie and who will feel the heat to correct
His 2nd qtr point was interesting….
Some lazy people say “oh they worked out our system…we need plan B C D etc …”
He was right in saying we were all over them qtr 2…that wasn’t a failed system….that was all failed execution in front goals
Does that mean entry into 50 needs work?? Yep but they know that …I don’t want bomb to King when he’s back…
I just hope Ross sticks to his “exploratory year” mantra
Play kids - inject different looks into that 1 paced midfield find out now….we know right now that group ain’t winning us a flag
Last edited by Teflon on Sun 14 May 2023 11:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

In Ross I trust.

exactly what I thought..the stats thing was of the chart..even asking the journos to help him with them.

Like I said maybe media deflection.... but gee has his work cut out. Still have faith in the guy

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Sun 14 May 2023 11:56pm

In Ross I trust.

He won’t throw them under the bus but behind closed doors he’ll be acutely aware of where the issues lie and who will feel the heat to correct
He was right in saying we were all over them qtr 2…that wasn’t a failed system….that was all failed execution in front goals
Does that mean entry into 50 needs work?? Yep but they know that …I don’t want bomb to King when he’s back…
Play kids - inject different looks into that 1 paced midfield find out now….we know right now that group ain’t winning us a flag
“Exploratory year” also sowed the seeds of having less criticism come his way. Can always fall back on it. He plays his best team every week in the previous 12 years of coaching, he’s not changing that mantra now. What is the best team is the debate.

Today was so bad that if we don’t win next week that’s it for the year I’d suggest. If it’s a stuttering, dour win, I guess a win is a win at the moment.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Annoyedsaint wrote: Mon 15 May 2023 12:07am
Teflon wrote: Sun 14 May 2023 11:56pm

In Ross I trust.

“Exploratory year” also sowed the seeds of having less criticism come his way. Can always fall back on it. He plays his best team every week in the previous 12 years of coaching, he’s not changing that mantra now. What is the best team is the debate.

Today was so bad that if we don’t win next week that’s it for the year I’d suggest. If it’s a stuttering, dour win, I guess a win is a win at the moment.
He’s also said from day 1 he’s still getting to know this list
Have a look at his form 1st season coaching Saints last…time some 50 points beltings then too
He’ll turn them over
Has to list and skills not good enough to challenge seriously

“Yeah….nah””
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

As mentioned in the telecast, it was close to RTB's biggest loss as coach of the Saints.

Not sure if it was all for show but we don't need yet another cuddly coach (unless all coaches these days are terrified of losing the players).

Personally I would have liked a spray to have been delivered going into this week's match, following the flat performances of recent rounds.

The team certainly didn't come out looking like they were determined to make amends. Nor will they ever do so, if they keep getting praise for not much at all.

Can this team ever play a full season?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Mon 15 May 2023 1:38am As mentioned in the telecast, it was close to RTB's biggest loss as coach of the Saints.

Not sure if it was all for show but we don't need yet another cuddly coach (unless all coaches these days are terrified of losing the players).

Personally I would have liked a spray to have been delivered going into this week's match, following the flat performances of recent rounds.

The team certainly didn't come out looking like they were determined to make amends. Nor will they ever do so, if they keep getting praise for not much at all.

Supporters want sprays from the coaches because it somehow comforts our frustrations as onlookers. In reality it doesn’t have the impact on athletes as many believe. In fact it can often cause players to lose confidence. That’s not to say that direct feedback about performances isn’t warranted, it just needs to be honest and it needs to be constructive. Screaming at the group is about as useful as saying ‘try harder’. I would prefer very little be said straight after a loss like that to let emotions die down. Have a chat tomorrow or Tuesday.

A few boys waiting in the wings (Billings, maybe Windhager) are about to get their chance. Let’s hope they can take it and inject something into the group. They’re looking a bit tired and dispirited right now

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

A super coach is only as good as his list, it's been that way since team sport was invented.

A good coach + a good list = premiership

And now the magic wand has run out of fairy dust even the biggest of fanboys are starting to talk sense once again.

As I've been saying since Ross was signed, we will need a rebuild of some magnitude and it could take at least 3 to 4 years for him to get in the players he thinks can make us a sustained top 4 side with the odd excursion to GF day.

It ain't rocket surgery and for poor clubs like ours it's why we play at 4:40pm most Sundays.

Patience Grasshopper. !

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

you must be the life of the party.

You have no faith in this group, we get it, yet you keep repeating yourself over and over again. You are probably the only one on here happy with the situation so that you can churn out more of you negative rhetoric .

Patience ? lol Ive been patient for half a century,
I've come across other chest beating self proclaimed footy experts like you but at the end of the day you simply isolate yourself from real supporters.

RTB has plenty of fairy dust left which he will use while you go follow Collingwood.
cheers.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Very average presser, I switched off when he wouldn't shut up about Q2

Saintmike65
Club Player

In Ross I trust.

The boss was diplomatic at his presser..dare say it was a different story when he addressed the players.
We’ll know soon enough come selection on Thursday night!

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Windhhager 35 possies, 3 goals, Jimmy Webster 25 possies, Billings 24 and 2 shots on goal.

King to return.

That is 3 or 4 changes to Sunday's team I would suggest.

If we win this week, and I believe we are evens to do just that, we are back on track.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 15 May 2023 10:14am A super coach is only as good as his list, it's been that way since team sport was invented.

A good coach + a good list = premiership

And now the magic wand has run out of fairy dust even the biggest of fanboys are starting to talk sense once again.

As I've been saying since Ross was signed, we will need a rebuild of some magnitude and it could take at least 3 to 4 years for him to get in the players he thinks can make us a sustained top 4 side with the odd excursion to GF day.

It ain't rocket surgery and for poor clubs like ours it's why we play at 4:40pm most Sundays.

Patience Grasshopper. !
Oh FFS, go away.

Rubyjo
Club Player

The footy cliches were a bit sickening to listen to ..just rolls off his tongue way to easy.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Wow the Debbie Downers are sharpening their knives

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saintkev
Club Player

Moods wrote: Mon 15 May 2023 2:15am
Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Mon 15 May 2023 1:38am As mentioned in the telecast, it was close to RTB's biggest loss as coach of the Saints.

Supporters want sprays from the coaches because it somehow comforts our frustrations as onlookers. In reality it doesn’t have the impact on athletes as many believe. In fact it can often cause players to lose confidence. That’s not to say that direct feedback about performances isn’t warranted, it just needs to be honest and it needs to be constructive. Screaming at the group is about as useful as saying ‘try harder’. I would prefer very little be said straight after a loss like that to let emotions die down. Have a chat tomorrow or Tuesday.

A few boys waiting in the wings (Billings, maybe Windhager) are about to get their chance. Let’s hope they can take it and inject something into the group. They’re looking a bit tired and dispirited right now
Windhager and Billings for sure, but also look at alternative fullbacks. If Howard’s adolescent attitude won’t allow him to play up forward, or on the ball, he’s better off going back to the twos to find some form and hard at the ball mentality, as his attitude and efforts are a liability.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I noticed the journo camera right (out of sight) trying to trigger him a couple of times

The media will happily hype him up, like the Hindenberg, and then throw the match gleefully.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!