JB’s future at Moorabbin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: JB’s future at Moorabbin

So disrespectful

You’re an absolute hero - won the war?! What war???

Are you keeping score - of your “victories” on a fan forum

Dear o dear

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Mon 05 Jun 2023 11:12pm
saynta wrote: Mon 05 Jun 2023 6:46pm
Teflon wrote: Mon 05 Jun 2023 5:06pm
saynta wrote: Mon 05 Jun 2023 11:58am
TheGreatZacsby wrote: Mon 05 Jun 2023 9:22am
Teflon wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 2:18pm
B.M wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 11:04am How many contested marks has Phillipou taken?

They are playing the same position- HF

23 possessions at HF is dominant, especially when you have half a dozen goal assists

Do you think right now
Phillipou is a better footballer than Billings
I think the coach has been crystal clear
Billing’s has had NO preseason - None
I would think Batchelor Goddard etc know more about where he is at and what it takes to come back to AFL than sone hack on SS
Lyons also playing Pou for our future
Billing’s has had 9 friggen years to be “elite”
His peak is past
Pou is the future and our only hope of rising is to get ganes into kids - another short sighted point you make that entirely ignores where we are at as a club
Is Caminit better than Membrey right now??? No
Is Membrey in our future premiership forward line? No
It ain’t that hard ffs
So narrow minded and non strategic it so t funny
Are Sebs career stats better than Windy’s?? Yes
Who should we prioritise and play to develop for our future ????
Ffs 🤦‍♂️
As much I hate to agree with Teflon, but he’s right here. Billings fractured his leg during the pre season. Phillipou has done the program and was doing well. Not Windhager well mind you. I much rather see Lyon fast track Phillipou into the next Bont/Fyfe/Cripps mould than get Billings in the best 22 to appease Saints fans who desperately want him to become the player we thought he would be. Pou is the future and will be a gun.

I agree that Caminiti should be played over Membrey. He’s done and hasn’t showed anything this year. Seb Ross is holding onto Windhagers spot which is just annoying.

We need to be like Sam Mitchell at the end of the year and move on some of these old boys and make way for the youth. We as saints fans need to let go of our champions and develop these up and comers.
And Caminiti had a great preseason didn't he.?
Caminiti is not like for like for Billibgs
Again apples and oranges??
Who the f*** is Billibgs? :roll:
You know you’ve won the war when typos are what they’re going for!!
Put your teeth back in nijel
Your typo's show your lack of respect for other posters and I have my own teeth , not that it is any of your f****** business.

Hope your hero does too.
Last edited by saynta on Tue 06 Jun 2023 10:31am, edited 1 time in total.

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Can Teflon be kicked off seriously admin? He’s a pest. Attacks everybody.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 05 Jun 2023 11:01pm Caminiti didn’t do a pre season with Carlton

He was in their VFL pre season squad

He did a session of match sim with the AFL boys and impressed

Billings was in the rehab group pre Christmas- he then joined in training
Played in the praccie game and injured his leg

His season 22 was a right off - fkd back which was operated on
Ever played footy with a fkd back - it’s not good

His 2017 & 2019 were very good for a Winger/HF

He is far from a bust as a player
When you are offered a chance, you take it. Caminiti took his chances and has done very well. Billings is cooked.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Sadly CQ may be correct. Not good for JB, firstly & not good for the Club if JB was to be offered an opportunity elsewhere.

Re: Teflon, I applaud the man (person), they are all in and I believe he's backed the right horse. Ratten was like a chip wrapper in the ocean, Richo did not reach the dizzy heights of being a chip wrapper. Ratten a nice bloke, Richo never cared for St Kilda.

The List is a work in progress, what Lyon does with it from 2023 is on him.

I think Vortex nailed it, Teflon needs to walk off the steps of Flinders Street Statiom and actually see which trains are running on time before screaming at the drivers & passengers.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Saints supports love a ‘Lyle Lanley’

Saints58
Club Player

I really think JB is gone by next season he is really struggling at CHB and now we have coverage in Cordy and some young guys coming through.

Killa
Club Player

Perhaps we should have written off Riewoldt who missed his first season plus had other injuries over the course, and Ball who also missed his first season then struggled with OP until departing to Collingwood because of injury induced deficiencies in his game, or Kosi who was frequently injured?

Before you get to Maguire and X Clarke and Penny and others.

We have not had much luck with Top 10 Draft Picks, from the aforementioned trio to Billings, McCartin, Clark, Coffield and King, who has also missed significant periods thru his career, starting from his first season after being Drafted.

What we can do with the side which will be selected to play Sydney this week is add 3 Top 10 Draft Picks, which will significantly improve the side.

And that is something to look forward to - even if it is 2024.

Perhaps, just perhaps, we could look at Wood as inspiration.

De-listed at North Melbourne where he was labelled a talent but injury prone and now performing as he is at St Kilda.

And before the usual suspects question our recruiting, we have given opportunity to the likes of Marshall, Sinclair and Wilkie, players who were not initially Drafted but came in as Rookies, now central to our side and our side being competitive.

Plus we have given opportunity to Steele, Membrey and Stocker.

Before you get to Wood.

And now we have Caminiti

And our kids, starting with Wanganeen-Milera, Windhager, Owens and Phillipou (plus those developing at VFL level).

Given the likes of Heath and Adams continue to develop we are not badly placed.

Particularly if we can Draft well and otherwise attract Free Agency players with class (which is easier done if you are on an upwards trajectory).

Simply, List Management is never ending.

If you sit on your laurels, even after winning a premiership, you are going backwards whilst every other side is going forward.

It doesn't take much to slide.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 2:01pm
lewdogs wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 1:49pm Billings is contracted until 2025. Maybe they're looking at that contract and going we have plenty of time with him, get his body cherry ripe and then give him an opportunity.

If the coaches genuinely consider him a VFL level player then that contract is pretty concerning.
That contract renewal at the end of 2021 made very little sense. It was almost as though they wanted to keep him just in case he comes back into career best form after there was zero interest from other clubs.

But who’s to say that he isn’t a part of Lyon’s future plans. For all we know, Ross left Phillipou in the team because he felt JB wasn’t 100% to come back and he’ll be playing against Sydney. Billings is almost an enigma haha
Does the boss of the football department have a say in list management? If yes ...then another black mark on the Lethers legacy

The decisions made by Lethlean will haunt our club for the next decade.

Thankfully we lucked out with recruiting at the National Draft in 2021 and 2022 and there's still hope that we will get it right during this current rebuild

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 06 Jun 2023 6:21pm Sadly CQ may be correct. Not good for JB, firstly & not good for the Club if JB was to be offered an opportunity elsewhere.

Re: Teflon, I applaud the man (person), they are all in and I believe he's backed the right horse. Ratten was like a chip wrapper in the ocean, Richo did not reach the dizzy heights of being a chip wrapper. Ratten a nice bloke, Richo never cared for St Kilda.

I think Vortex nailed it, Teflon needs to walk off the steps of Flinders Street Statiom and actually see which trains are running on time before screaming at the drivers & passengers.
Yep, Ratts is a nice bloke and well liked by everyone whereas, no one could say the same about RTB.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 06 Jun 2023 8:23pm
Ghost Like wrote: Tue 06 Jun 2023 6:21pm Sadly CQ may be correct. Not good for JB, firstly & not good for the Club if JB was to be offered an opportunity elsewhere.

Yep, Ratts is a nice bloke and well liked by everyone whereas, no one could say the same about RTB.
So which coach do you want? The one liked by everyone or the one we have now?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Tue 06 Jun 2023 7:40pm Perhaps we should have written off Riewoldt who missed his first season plus had other injuries over the course, and Ball who also missed his first season then struggled with OP until departing to Collingwood because of injury induced deficiencies in his game, or Kosi who was frequently injured?

Before you get to Maguire and X Clarke and Penny and others.

We have not had much luck with Top 10 Draft Picks, from the aforementioned trio to Billings, McCartin, Clark, Coffield and King, who has also missed significant periods thru his career, starting from his first season after being Drafted.

What we can do with the side which will be selected to play Sydney this week is add 3 Top 10 Draft Picks, which will significantly improve the side.

And that is something to look forward to - even if it is 2024.

Perhaps, just perhaps, we could look at Wood as inspiration.

De-listed at North Melbourne where he was labelled a talent but injury prone and now performing as he is at St Kilda.

And before the usual suspects question our recruiting, we have given opportunity to the likes of Marshall, Sinclair and Wilkie, players who were not initially Drafted but came in as Rookies, now central to our side and our side being competitive.

Plus we have given opportunity to Steele, Membrey and Stocker.

Before you get to Wood.

And now we have Caminiti

And our kids, starting with Wanganeen-Milera, Windhager, Owens and Phillipou (plus those developing at VFL level).

Given the likes of Heath and Adams continue to develop we are not badly placed.

Particularly if we can Draft well and otherwise attract Free Agency players with class (which is easier done if you are on an upwards trajectory).

Simply, List Management is never ending.

If you sit on your laurels, even after winning a premiership, you are going backwards whilst every other side is going forward.

It doesn't take much to slide.
What does all that mean in relation to the topic? Keep him? Yes or No? Or hold on to him as we hold on to every player hoping they are all we dreamed of?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 06 Jun 2023 12:14am So disrespectful

You’re an absolute hero - won the war?! What war???

Are you keeping score - of your “victories” on a fan forum

Dear o dear
Sticking up for your little fanboy again?
Working in tandem ??
You’d know all about being a hero - you’ve been an AFL champion and the rest of us can only dream ..
Don’t lecture me on respect - it’s earnt.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Tue 06 Jun 2023 10:29am Can Teflon be kicked off seriously admin? He’s a pest. Attacks everybody.
I reckon you should be booted off for having a fake username
Clearly a troll and the site shouldn’t allow trolls
Off ya go troll.
6 posts 4 of them about me…you’re a bit obvious buddy
Mods can we still check IP addresses?

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 06 Jun 2023 10:28am
Teflon wrote: Mon 05 Jun 2023 11:12pm
saynta wrote: Mon 05 Jun 2023 6:46pm
Teflon wrote: Mon 05 Jun 2023 5:06pm
saynta wrote: Mon 05 Jun 2023 11:58am
TheGreatZacsby wrote: Mon 05 Jun 2023 9:22am
Teflon wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 2:18pm
B.M wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 11:04am How many contested marks has Phillipou taken?

They are playing the same position- HF

23 possessions at HF is dominant, especially when you have half a dozen goal assists

Do you think right now
Phillipou is a better footballer than Billings
I think the coach has been crystal clear
Billing’s has had NO preseason - None
I would think Batchelor Goddard etc know more about where he is at and what it takes to come back to AFL than sone hack on SS
Lyons also playing Pou for our future
Billing’s has had 9 friggen years to be “elite”
His peak is past
Pou is the future and our only hope of rising is to get ganes into kids - another short sighted point you make that entirely ignores where we are at as a club
Is Caminit better than Membrey right now??? No
Is Membrey in our future premiership forward line? No
It ain’t that hard ffs
So narrow minded and non strategic it so t funny
Are Sebs career stats better than Windy’s?? Yes
Who should we prioritise and play to develop for our future ????
Ffs 🤦‍♂️
As much I hate to agree with Teflon, but he’s right here. Billings fractured his leg during the pre season. Phillipou has done the program and was doing well. Not Windhager well mind you. I much rather see Lyon fast track Phillipou into the next Bont/Fyfe/Cripps mould than get Billings in the best 22 to appease Saints fans who desperately want him to become the player we thought he would be. Pou is the future and will be a gun.

I agree that Caminiti should be played over Membrey. He’s done and hasn’t showed anything this year. Seb Ross is holding onto Windhagers spot which is just annoying.

We need to be like Sam Mitchell at the end of the year and move on some of these old boys and make way for the youth. We as saints fans need to let go of our champions and develop these up and comers.
And Caminiti had a great preseason didn't he.?
Caminiti is not like for like for Billibgs
Again apples and oranges??
Who the f*** is Billibgs? :roll:
You know you’ve won the war when typos are what they’re going for!!
Put your teeth back in nijel
Your typo's show your lack of respect for other posters and I have my own teeth , not that it is any of your f****** business.

Hope your hero does too.
Hello here’s the leader of the “SS pack”
Gives Shiite doesn’t like when he gets a bit back and rallies his little buddies to come to his rescue
Safety in numbers I spose
chomp away
I wouldn’t waste grammar or spelling on you tbh

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 06 Jun 2023 9:39pm
saynta wrote: Tue 06 Jun 2023 8:23pm

So which coach do you want? The one liked by everyone or the one we have now?
That’s the question Ghost
Did you get a reply????

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Good post
And look (let’s talk footy for minute hey and let the haters hate)
I’m only “all in” on RTB cause when I look across our options now and at the time he was appointed I see no better alternative
Is he perfect? Of course not - bit slow to wield the axe for mine and questions on his ability to stay the youth path…still our best bet
What he has proven - twice - is he can get a list to buy in unconditionally and that’s good man management for mine which I think 90% coaching is
I think he’d be an arrogant prick privately- but I’m not catching up with him privately….I just want success
So for me the Board have done well (a bit slow but got there..) and we now have a coaching group in place that stacks up
Heat on players now for sure - it’s weed n feed time with this list

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 06 Jun 2023 4:43pm
B.M wrote: Mon 05 Jun 2023 11:01pm Caminiti didn’t do a pre season with Carlton

He was in their VFL pre season squad

He did a session of match sim with the AFL boys and impressed

Billings was in the rehab group pre Christmas- he then joined in training
Played in the praccie game and injured his leg

His season 22 was a right off - fkd back which was operated on
Ever played footy with a fkd back - it’s not good

His 2017 & 2019 were very good for a Winger/HF

He is far from a bust as a player
When you are offered a chance, you take it. Caminiti took his chances and has done very well. Billings is cooked.
Like your work CQ - no fuss just to the point facts
Billing’s is cooked …. sadly another high wasted DP

“Yeah….nah””
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Billings has never played well?

His must’ve been imagining things?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 12:11am Billings has never played well?

Billings is finished BM. He doesn't get a game because he was ok 2 years ago. He falls apart EVERY time he gets going.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 8:57am
B.M wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 12:11am Billings has never played well?

Billings is finished BM. He doesn't get a game because he was ok 2 years ago. He falls apart EVERY time he gets going.
But he won a BnF in the Richo/Ratts glory years?
Oh..wait..9 years …nup no BnF

“Yeah….nah””
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Has played 150 games. Until last season he was very durable

Injuries happen to players during their careers- his is just happening now.

Is Ollie Hotton or Angus McLennen or Nick Coffield or Jack Hayes finished because the can’t get on the park.

Robert Harvey played less than 50% of games from 2000-2002 at 29-31yo

He then played another 6 seasons and 120 games

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 10:24am Has played 150 games. Until last season he was very durable

Is Ollie Hotton or Angus McLennen or Nick Coffield or Jack Hayes finished because the can’t get on the park.

2021 Round 13 & 14 injured
2021 Round 21 & 22 injured
2022 Rounds 1-9 injured.
2022 Rounds 11-13 injured
2022 Rounds 19 guess what happened.

How's 2023 looking?

Interesting how many here were willing to label Hannerbery cooked.
Billings took a huge cut.
Billings couldn't get a better contract. We re contracted our own cooked player, just as we were offloading Hanners and Paddy.

takeaway
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 10:41am
B.M wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 10:24am Has played 150 games. Until last season he was very durable

2022 Rounds 1-9 injured.

How's 2023 looking?

Billings couldn't get a better contract. We re contracted our own cooked player, just as we were offloading Hanners and Paddy.
Playing most of 2021 with plantar fasciitis was a mistake in hindsight. Affected his gait and body in general, back and leg issues since.

Yes, definitely cooked for the next few weeks, hopefully will get on the park for the last few games, and maybe help us into the finals. (??) We need his class.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 11:07am
CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 10:41am

2022 Rounds 1-9 injured.

How's 2023 looking?

Playing most of 2021 with plantar fasciitis was a mistake in hindsight. Affected his gait and body in general, back and leg issues since.

Yes, definitely cooked for the next few weeks, hopefully will get on the park for the last few games, and maybe help us into the finals. (??) We need his class.
Hotton has equal to Billings class, he has more speed and a better goal sense and he still has 10 years to become a midfielder.