Onfield leadership

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Onfield leadership

saynta wrote: Tue 06 Jun 2023 7:53pm
Teflon wrote: Mon 05 Jun 2023 11:15pm
saynta wrote: Mon 05 Jun 2023 6:44pm
B.M wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 6:34pm Please, continue with the snide comments- it’s your go

You’re a sniper

We could also select a Billings or McCartin or Hugh Goddard with DPs
Not all DPs end up stars, many are either just GOPs or busts

We will not go all chips in for DPs - not under Ross

He’s more concerned with his reputation than the club
Yep, Thhat's two things you got right in this post.

I think fans are starting to wake up to the
'master coach' and posters are jack of teflon are his almost continuous insults and attempted put downs.
I think fans are sick of you nonsense and hatred for our coach full stop
It’s embarrassing
But you’ll come crawling if we start winning that I’m sure ..
I would love it if we actually started winning as I have far more faith in the list than you appear to have with your continual, put downs.

Snipers like you who have a hit list of players who they regularly denigrate, are well known to have personality defects.

I think the forum is also heartily sick of your offensive, abusive posts and your sickening puppy love of the current coach.

RTB by the way is the only saints coach that you haven't regularly insulted over the past 20 odd years so don't have a f****** go at me for pointing out that he ain't god.

If I could be f***ed, and I'm not, i could bump some of your more offensive posts about Thomas or Ratten for others to see how much you actually support the Saints,
Bump away
If I’m a RTB fanboy
You’re a twisted GT sycophant
And spare us all your drivel on who likes what in a forum you’re nonsense has been tolerated way to long in this place
You hate Lyon we all get it - you have **** all rationale for that other than “That prick cost us a GF…roll roll roll”
It’s 3yr old logic that NOBODY agrees with
Now again don’t respond to my posts - people are sick of hearing your tripe

“Yeah….nah””
B.M
Saintsational Legend

He also walked out on the club to a higher bidder with a better outlook

He jumped ship

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 12:08am He also walked out on the club to a higher bidder with a better outlook

He jumped ship
He also was mismanaged by club /Nettlefold but go on tell us how you know more than Riewoldt and co who have already stated they were never angry at Lyon cause they knew the FULL story
Anyway who cares - he’ll be out coach for next 4 years to see Seb and that crew off

“Yeah….nah””
Saint2
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 12:16am
B.M wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 12:08am He also walked out on the club to a higher bidder with a better outlook

He jumped ship
He also was mismanaged by club /Nettlefold but go on tell us how you know more than Riewoldt and co who have already stated they were never angry at Lyon cause they knew the FULL story
Anyway who cares - he’ll be out coach for next 4 years to see Seb and that crew off
It was ALL about money, as it is this time around, and that's why RL is here. Forget the rest of the spin.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Saint2 wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 7:51am

He jumped ship
It was ALL about money, as it is this time around, and that's why RL is here. Forget the rest of the spin.
I think you’re spinning??
I don’t think Lyon is purely here for cash
He knows this is it for coaching career
Welcome aboard SS - what was your previous Nic?? Stinger?

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 06 Jun 2023 11:23pm
B.M wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 6:34pm Please, continue with the snide comments- it’s your go

You’re a sniper

'master coach' and posters are jack of teflon are his almost continuous insults and attempted put downs.
It’s embarrassing
I would love it if we actually started winning as I have far more faith in the list than you appear to have with your continual, put downs.

Snipers like you who have a hit list of players who they regularly denigrate, are well known to have personality defects.

I think the forum is also heartily sick of your offensive, abusive posts and your sickening puppy love of the current coach.

RTB by the way is the only saints coach that you haven't regularly insulted over the past 20 odd years so don't have a f****** go at me for pointing out that he ain't god.

If I could be f***ed, and I'm not, i could bump some of your more offensive posts about Thomas or Ratten for others to see how much you actually support the Saints,
Bump away
If I’m a RTB fanboy
And spare us all your drivel on who likes what in a forum you’re nonsense has been tolerated way to long in this place
You hate Lyon we all get it - you have **** all rationale for that other than “That prick cost us a GF…roll roll roll”
There is no "we " where you are concerned. Just you and your twisted sick offensive posts that everyone is well and truly over. The only one continually talking tripe on here is you but you are too closed minded to realise that, fanboy.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

He jumped ship
A well known fact that fanboy can't get a grasp on. :wink:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 11:43am

You’re a sniper

It’s embarrassing

Bump away
If I’m a RTB fanboy
There is no "we " where you are concerned. Just you and your twisted sick offensive posts that everyone is well and truly over. The only one continually talking tripe on here is you but you are too closed minded to realise that, fanboy.
You borrowing my insults again fanboy ?
It’s ok ….age does that to us all..we start to parrot cause we forget what we say !

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 11:54pm

You’re a sniper

It’s embarrassing

Bump away
If I’m a RTB fanboy
It’s ok ….age does that to us all..we start to parrot cause we forget what we say !
No defintly not, I am just waiting for you to try and work"cheap seats" and "peanut gallery" into one of your offensive posts,

Cordz2
Club Player

Life Long Saint wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 5:00pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 4:53pm
Life Long Saint wrote: Mon 29 May 2023 3:58pm We've had a distinct lack of good leadership since Roo left.
We don't have a system that promotes leaders like we did under GT.
Jarryn Geary was a great leader. I would say he was a great captain and very good with his communication on field, and I'm sure many people would agree

They had him miked up once (probably thinking it was 2019 or 2020) and the channel 7 commentators were impressed and surprised at how verbal and instructive he was
We have very different ideas about great leaders, then.
Verbal and instructive is one thing, but leaders also must lead by example...Geary was rarely able to do that.
I reckon I can count on one hand the number of games where he geniunely had a meaningful, positive impact in the result of a game.
I'd need a computer for the number of times Riewoldt did it!

We needed to promote leaders under Roo whilst he was still at the club. He (and Geary) needed to relinquish the captaincy sooner to then mentor the future leaders of the club...Like we did under GT.
Which, by the way, produced great leaders like Roo, Ball, and Hayes.
Geary Lead on the field a lot!! - the most courageous player on our list for years. Skills weren't great but skills don't show leadership.

Cordz2
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 08 Jun 2023 12:04pm
Teflon wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 11:54pm

You’re a sniper

It’s embarrassing

Bump away
If I’m a RTB fanboy
No defintly not, I am just waiting for you to try and work"cheap seats" and "peanut gallery" into one of your offensive posts,
Get a room you two

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Cordz2 wrote: Thu 08 Jun 2023 2:21pm
Life Long Saint wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 5:00pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 30 May 2023 4:53pm
Life Long Saint wrote: Mon 29 May 2023 3:58pm We've had a distinct lack of good leadership since Roo left.
We don't have a system that promotes leaders like we did under GT.
Jarryn Geary was a great leader. I would say he was a great captain and very good with his communication on field, and I'm sure many people would agree

They had him miked up once (probably thinking it was 2019 or 2020) and the channel 7 commentators were impressed and surprised at how verbal and instructive he was
We have very different ideas about great leaders, then.
Verbal and instructive is one thing, but leaders also must lead by example...Geary was rarely able to do that.
I reckon I can count on one hand the number of games where he geniunely had a meaningful, positive impact in the result of a game.
I'd need a computer for the number of times Riewoldt did it!

We needed to promote leaders under Roo whilst he was still at the club. He (and Geary) needed to relinquish the captaincy sooner to then mentor the future leaders of the club...Like we did under GT.
Which, by the way, produced great leaders like Roo, Ball, and Hayes.
Geary Lead on the field a lot!! - the most courageous player on our list for years. Skills weren't great but skills don't show leadership.
It just depends on whether you believe courage motivates more than the skill to turn a game. Roo Ball and Hayes never left either in doubt.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Gary Ablett Snr was pretty skilled

Was he a good leader?

Rarely are sublime skilled players great leaders - those who work for success are the ones who become great leaders

Pagan, Sheedy, Malthouse, Jeans, Parkin, Haftey etc…

Leaders who weren’t necessarily skilful footballers

saynta
Saintsational Legend

He jumped ship
I wouldn't be willing to put money on that.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Thu 08 Jun 2023 6:34pm Gary Ablett Snr was pretty skilled

Was he a good leader?

Rarely are sublime skilled players great leaders - those who work for success are the ones who become great leaders

Pagan, Sheedy, Malthouse, Jeans, Parkin, Haftey etc…

Leaders who weren’t necessarily skilful footballers
Leaders who were very successful leaders and coaches, now tell me that they are useless without good players. Please try to stick to one topic at a time.
Geary was admired for his courage and his fitness, without them he didn't have much else. He was not a successful leader.