West Coast with new coach next week??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: West Coast with new coach next week??

Can anybody tell me who their half back who will mop up 40 times is?
Not sure it’s happened enough times for our coaches to have formulated a plan to combat it.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

They’ll work it out; they’re such a coachable group after all.

#hopium

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

It must’ve been Seb Bloody Ross who kicked it to Harris Andrews last week?!

Hang on? He wasn’t playing?! Bloody Seb Ross!

I still think it was his fault the midfield was beaten last week - regardless if he was playing or not!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 27 Jun 2023 5:56am Ok I get it...develop the youngsters...but not if your surname is Bytel

Some of our younger guys with similar attributes were languishing in the magoos while questions were asked of Seb Ross and Crouch and even the effectiveness of Jack Steele playing under an injury cloud.

Also: Exploration does not include Crouch getting dropped.

I've noticed the coach has played Crouch off a wing and at half forward in recent weeks but he remains in the team...odd! I thought he was an inside mid.

RTB wants a team capable of running and spreading and mids who can get back in numbers to help our defenders. Winning the ball with efficiency at the coalface has become secondary. Efficient inside 50's and effective disposals are secondary to effort.

Crouch remained in the team despite the form slump he had which started in Round 6 against Carlton. This was around the same time that both Windy and Bytel were ripping it up at Sandringham while Crouch was struggling for 3-4 games. It was in April and May.

Match committee have played Crouch for 14 games in a row because they need to see how he's developing... possibly ?? :?

There's no way of knowing if Bytel could be more effective at stoppages than Crouch and especially at centre clearances and no way of finding out if he's going to help the senior team make finals because match committee have decided they want Crouch in the team for 22 games
Oh geezus….
So you want Crouch dropped or played on a wing??? (maybe he replaced Hill/Wood?😳)
And Bytel is your smoking gun ?????
Ok.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 27 Jun 2023 9:10am Wonder if we can break even with their midfield?

I’m sure the coaching mastermind has a grand plan.
No I think Simpson is cooked
Ross will have a plan tho fear not !😏

“Yeah….nah””
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Messaging

Year of exploration

We’ve explored Steele, Crouch, Ross adNauseam

We’ve put Sinclair into the middle at HT to fix the issue weekly?

Why not explore Bytel? Byrnes inside? Owens? Windhager? Sinclair straight away? Stocker?

Roll DIFFERENT players through there to FIND a good mix?

For me - it is Crouch, Sinclair, Owens - supported by Steele, Bytel, Byrnes

Ross to the outside

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 27 Jun 2023 4:50pm Messaging

Year of exploration

We’ve explored Steele, Crouch, Ross adNauseam

We’ve put Sinclair into the middle at HT to fix the issue weekly?

Why not explore Bytel? Byrnes inside? Owens? Windhager? Sinclair straight away? Stocker?

Roll DIFFERENT players through there to FIND a good mix?

For me - it is Crouch, Sinclair, Owens - supported by Steele, Bytel, Byrnes

Ross to the outside
I don’t believe anyone takes this ‘year of exploration’ meme seriously, so I think the indignation and the blanching and the offense and the umbrage etc., seem a little bit like letting off steam.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 27 Jun 2023 4:08pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 27 Jun 2023 5:56am Ok I get it...develop the youngsters...but not if your surname is Bytel

Some of our younger guys with similar attributes were languishing in the magoos while questions were asked of Seb Ross and Crouch and even the effectiveness of Jack Steele playing under an injury cloud.

I've noticed the coach has played Crouch off a wing and at half forward in recent weeks but he remains in the team...odd! I thought he was an inside mid.

RTB wants a team capable of running and spreading and mids who can get back in numbers to help our defenders. Winning the ball with efficiency at the coalface has become secondary. Efficient inside 50's and effective disposals are secondary to effort.

Crouch remained in the team despite the form slump he had which started in Round 6 against Carlton. This was around the same time that both Windy and Bytel were ripping it up at Sandringham while Crouch was struggling for 3-4 games. It was in April and May.

Match committee have played Crouch for 14 games in a row because they need to see how he's developing... possibly ?? :?

There's no way of knowing if Bytel could be more effective at stoppages than Crouch and especially at centre clearances and no way of finding out if he's going to help the senior team make finals because match committee have decided they want Crouch in the team for 22 games
Oh geezus….
So you want Crouch dropped or played on a wing??? (maybe he replaced Hill/Wood?😳)
Ok.
Have a break. You’re losing it

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 27 Jun 2023 7:57pm

Oh geezus….
Ok.
Your attacking our only mid that’s at least been consistent and I’m losing it?
Ok.

“Yeah….nah””
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Crouch has never had an issue finding it

He is hard nosed and wins contested ball

Does he hurt the opposition? Does he defend?
Sometimes not
And lately he’s been going just ok imo

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 27 Jun 2023 10:52pm

Oh geezus….
Ok.
Ok.
Where in my post did I WANT Crouch played on a wing? I said that’s where he’s lining up, despite not being a winger (i.e Not having the normal attributes of a winger)

I said you’re losing it because you’re too eager to engage in a sledging contest without actually reading what’s written

saynta
Saintsational Legend

New coach? Not yet anyway.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 28 Jun 2023 8:47pm New coach? Not yet anyway.
Hence the ? In heading

saint4life
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 28 Jun 2023 9:14am
Teflon wrote: Tue 27 Jun 2023 10:52pm

Oh geezus….
Ok.
Ok.
Where in my post did I WANT Crouch played on a wing? I said that’s where he’s lining up, despite not being a winger (i.e Not having the normal attributes of a winger)

I said you’re losing it because you’re too eager to engage in a sledging contest without actually reading what’s written
No that’s my mistake apologies
I’m just so used to reading your brain dead stuff (I skim it tbh) that I thought….yeah this fits with his normal stuff
I’ll skim slower next time 👍

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

f*** off imbecile

You're nothing but an A grade turd

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

So game to be played mainly in silence, just the very occasional murmur of affirmation. Lovely!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 28 Jun 2023 9:58pm f*** off imbecile

You're nothing but an A grade turd
Look I haven’t read all the above post but am assuming it’s not nice?
Let’s try be a tad more positive on forum hey?

“Yeah….nah””
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Can we get the mods to permanently ban Teflon and Scollop?

They're like China vs Taiwan.
Bugger off to BigFooty, you imbeciles

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I'm reporting you Wellard for calling Teflon a lightweight :mrgreen:

I'm China and he's at least Japan

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Wed 28 Jun 2023 10:48pm Can we get the mods to permanently ban Teflon and Scollop?

Someone would need to want to moderate first. Someone other than Teflon, that is.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 28 Jun 2023 11:31pm
WellardSaint wrote: Wed 28 Jun 2023 10:48pm Can we get the mods to permanently ban Teflon and Scollop?

Someone would need to want to moderate first. Someone other than Teflon, that is.
I have offered my services and so far been ignored.
I’ll clean this place up in a day.
Yes, there may be a number of missing posters but I’ll never disagree with myself.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 28 Jun 2023 10:54pm I'm reporting you Wellard for calling Teflon a lightweight :mrgreen:

I'm China and he's at least Japan
You’re closer to Little Rocket Man…😂
Lighten up Wellard it’s all good passion.

“Yeah….nah””
asiu
Saintsational Legend

I don’t believe anyone takes this ‘year of exploration’ meme seriously ...
that'd be me again

as in ... i do

we effed up by winning to many games at the start

now we are stuck in 'no mans land'

can't play the kids coz now winning is important

(not that winning isn't important though winning on the big day is more important)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

and re the other bit

yes , stay light 'n easy

it is , just ... theatre

don't get angry get even :P

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.