To any administrators who still may be frequenting this forum.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

To any administrators who still may be frequenting this forum.

You have absolutely ruined a club that has a 150 year history with this great game.

St Kilda is finished as a club and it was on your watch.

Your story will be told one day - the men who destroyed St Kilda.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
StNoodles
Club Player

Re: To any administrators who still may be frequenting this forum.

Mate we’re 5th on the ladder in a discovery year.

Relax.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

StNoodles wrote: Sun 02 Jul 2023 8:25pm Mate we’re 5th on the ladder in a discovery year.

Relax.
Appreciated, but we almost got beaten by the worst team in quite possibly the last 30 years.

We went into the half-time break with a 24 point deficit.

That is a “take the four points and run” performance if I’ve ever seen one.

Our 5th spot on the ladder greatly flatters us and to say that this performance was anything other than a lucky snatch from the jaws of disaster is living in denial.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote: Sun 02 Jul 2023 6:43pm You have absolutely ruined a club that has a 150 year history with this great game.

St Kilda is finished as a club and it was on your watch.

Your story will be told one day - the men who destroyed St Kilda.
You seriously are a despicable troll.

f*** off.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

SydneySainter wrote: Sun 02 Jul 2023 8:45pm
StNoodles wrote: Sun 02 Jul 2023 8:25pm Mate we’re 5th on the ladder in a discovery year.

Relax.
Appreciated, but we almost got beaten by the worst team in quite possibly the last 30 years.

We went into the half-time break with a 24 point deficit.

That is a “take the four points and run” performance if I’ve ever seen one.

Our 5th spot on the ladder greatly flatters us and to say that this performance was anything other than a lucky snatch from the jaws of disaster is living in denial.
My opinion?
The players drank their own bathwater during the first part of the season with early wins against sides that hadn't worked us out yet.

'Wall of Wilkie"
"Sincs is worthy of #35, what an absolute magician"
"Caminiti is the future, after 3 games we'll throw big money at him"

Give them big heads and pump them up, and wonder why they think they just need to turn up and they'll win

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Relax.
Never a truer word. It’s a discovery year for the coaches. Next years team will have a lot of different faces. We are not a top four team- we’re not that good. But I have faith this current group of coaches/administrators are looking at the big picture.
And f….. m…, it’s July and we are fifth on the ladder. Well done team

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Sun 02 Jul 2023 9:08pm

Relax.
Never a truer word. It’s a discovery year for the coaches. Next years team will have a lot of different faces. We are not a top four team- we’re not that good. But I have faith this current group of coaches/administrators are looking at the big picture.
I like the way things are going

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Relax.
Letting a rabble get the jump on us for 85% of the game doesn't warrant a 'well done team'.

Scores from Inside 50s (at half time)
Meth Coast 43%
Our babies 25%

Is that 'well done' or should it be WTF are you guys doing
🤷‍♂️🤬

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

So happy the way they came back from such a deficit to win the game. Well done saints what a shame some of our supporters can’t see that but that’s okay. Can’t please everyone😉👍

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Relax.
So is that what the club has to show the for the last 12 years? A year of discovery?

For the last 12 years, the club has been in football wilderness and on multiple occasions, told us that we’re on the brink of greatness, multiple premierships as of 5 years ago, we’re a destination club, etc.

Did the club think last year was also part of this journey of discovery? Is that why Ratts was re-signed but departed the club only 6 months later?

The club has treated the supporters like gullible fools for the last 12 years.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Some perspective.
Yes, it was great to come back and win. But that's just papering over the cracks.
We let a team that is, quite possibly, the worst team that has played in the AFL era, get to a five goal lead over us.
Fitzroy were never this bad. They were broke and had no home, yet still were still mostly competitive. West Coast are one of the richest clubs in the comp.

We are committing the same mistakes week after week. You can guarantee that Hurn and Barrass will share the coaches votes this week. Just like Andrews, Sicily, and others before.
We have tried nothing different forward of centre, yet we're expecting things to be different.

We are either stubborn or stupid.

Melbourne will smash us. I don't care that they lost today. May, Lever, Gawn, and Grundy are going to blitz.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Relax.
Maybe along with the audio leak earlier in the year, a few have sensed that they are on borrowed time which is impacting team performance?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Relax.
That side has top class talent and equal number of ordinary players. Recent form has been poor. Just came within a whisker of being beaten by a WAFL side, sliding out of finals contention, good players looking awful, no coherent team work, only a few heroic efforts got us home. Coaches? Pull the other one. That side ran out as flat as a pancake. They are undoubtedly fantastically knowledgeable and experienced but it seems they can't get the team up as a group, improve skills. That first half was laughably embarrassing. Stuff we have seen for years. That group should be in the 8, trying to lower the expectation bar is understandable but not sure it washes.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

C'arn the boys!!!

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sun 02 Jul 2023 10:37pm

Relax.
Maybe along with the audio leak earlier in the year, a few have sensed that they are on borrowed time which is impacting team performance?
Ross made a mistake with his outburst in the practice game and he quickly apologised for saying the wrong thing.

It was ‘wrong’ on many fronts because bagging the players behind closed doors means you are passing the buck. Bad coaches blame their players. Good coaches get results. I’m glad Ross and his assistants went to work from Round 1 until now with their available players and set the scene for a tilt at finals this year.

If you are picking a side, then you back in ALL your players. If execution and talent is the issue, then change the side around. I understand we have had our fair share of injuries, but so have other teams. Sharman showed today that he is worthy of getting a full game (and he is versatile).

Job well done by Ross and by all footy staff so far :D

We need a fit Marshall if we want to play finals in 2023.

Right now…structurally we have most of our important players back in the team. They were on the cusp of being finalists last year before Gresh went down, Steele got injured mid year with his shoulder and was out for 5-6 weeks. Hunter Clark went down, Marshall had foot issues, Hill had personal issues, Howard went down etc.

Marshall was magnificent today, but he needs help. I hope he gets a rest prior to Round 23. Crouch or Sinclair or Steele or Hill may need a rest like Sebby had but what’s the bet Lyon doesn’t mix things up. It’s up to the coaches and conditioning staff to be able to get the best out of them and having them perform at a high level consistently. Not just turning up for a pay cheque

If we want to trade Billings, don’t we want to showcase him for a game or two? Plonk him in a forward pocket and let him dribble a couple of goals through like Higgins does. Higgins could have cost us the game with his mistakes and fluffing a goal which he’s expected to kick. Why should he be gifted a game next week? Give him a rest and give Billings a go or give Peris a debut game.

NWM and Windy and some of our other young players are not going to consistently perform at their best. Owens and Pou and Caminiti could turn in shockers next week because that’s what usually happens with first and second year players. Players at Sandringham can and should be able to play a role for our team and we need to ensure that some of our playmakers are carefully managed leading up to finals.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Does anyone really believe that 'club administrators' are going to take notice of rants by supporters on this forum, they've got much bigger fish to fry, and the few at Linton Street that might bother to do so are likely to be volunteers who, like most genuine fans, accept the coaches judgments on team selections and game day strategies.

After the absolute mauling by Eagles supporters and the Perth media of the pathetic effort by their team in Sydney last week, it was always on the cards that the players would come out hard and fast against St Kilda yesterday, and they sure did that big time.

Combined with the fact that the Saints have not played well in the past month, I was not at all surprised that the Eagles led by 4 goals at the main break.

What did suprise me was the way the players responded in the 3rd and 4th quarters which was in total contrast to last year when the team invariably went on to lose by a big margin.

That's a positive and tells me that the players respect the coaches and have the strength of character and mental fortitude to turn things around back in their favour. It became a wrestling match in the second half and while the Eagles had a lot of inexperienced youngsters in their team, they still had a strong core of highly ranked seasoned veterans, probably as many as St Kilda did on the day - Hurn, Barrass, Cripps, Darling, Gaff, Allen, Sheed, Shuey, Hunt, Petrucelle.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Mon 03 Jul 2023 12:22pm Does anyone really believe that 'club administrators' are going to take notice of rants by supporters on this forum, they've got much bigger fish to fry, and the few at Linton Street that might bother to do so are likely to be volunteers who, like most genuine fans, accept the coaches judgments on team selections and game day strategies.
I’ve always thought these types of threads in general… and this one may be somewhat tongue in cheek or just venting, tend to show in general how ppl overrate their own importance.

There’s always been a bit of a “don’t bag the players or coaches”, “what if they read these posts” etc type of mentality here.

If RTB decided to drop say Byrnes because of a comment that skeptic said on SS, then he’s a bigger fool… say x1000 more than the worst critique he’s ever got from me.

I’ve posted this before but we’re the uneducated football masses… majority of the opinions on this forum are form whose level of insight comes from watching matches and even that’s a bit of a stretch sometimes.

Fancy going to an engineer and telling them how to fix a problem with 5% of the information they have.

All of this is a bit of a laugh, a vent and entertainment. Should never be considered anymore than that

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Stop talking logic skeptic...or ?? Who knows

Maybe some are highly paid former AFL insiders (players) and strategists who know their stuff

All I know is, I have logged over 5000 hours of both live and t.v viewing of VFL/AFL dating back to Optus Vision (late 90's) and all the way back to when Bobby Skilton and Mike Williamson and Teddy Whitten were commentating in the late 60's and early 70's

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

skeptic wrote: Mon 03 Jul 2023 12:33pm
Sanctorum wrote: Mon 03 Jul 2023 12:22pm Does anyone really believe that 'club administrators' are going to take notice of rants by supporters on this forum, they've got much bigger fish to fry, and the few at Linton Street that might bother to do so are likely to be volunteers who, like most genuine fans, accept the coaches judgments on team selections and game day strategies.
I’ve always thought these types of threads in general… and this one may be somewhat tongue in cheek or just venting, tend to show in general how ppl overrate their own importance.

There’s always been a bit of a “don’t bag the players or coaches”, “what if they read these posts” etc type of mentality here.

If RTB decided to drop say Byrnes because of a comment that skeptic said on SS, then he’s a bigger fool… say x1000 more than the worst critique he’s ever got from me.

I’ve posted this before but we’re the uneducated football masses… majority of the opinions on this forum are form whose level of insight comes from watching matches and even that’s a bit of a stretch sometimes.

Fancy going to an engineer and telling them how to fix a problem with 5% of the information they have.

All of this is a bit of a laugh, a vent and entertainment. Should never be considered anymore than that
Of course it’s highly unlikely the club’s management frequent this forum.

Even if they on a rare occasion did, I doubt they would take heed of anything anyone posted.

Further, even if what was being posted was correct (e.g., needlessly extending player or coaching contracts, squandering draft picks, under-developing the playing list, etc), would they actually admit their failings? Of course not.

With the possible exception of a few, this is a job to these administrators. They don’t have the emotional investment that the supporters do and their measure of success is whatever keeps them in a job - which as some have previously proven, isn’t always about winning games of football.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Relax.
Thanks mate
All numpties saying we “shoulda beat a WAFL” side have **** all clue of the actual % difference on a bad day for ANY AFL side to topple another … especially a side embarrassed by 170 points week before… playing on their home deck baying for blood with 7 premiership players in the side (Shuey and Sheed would walk into our midfield)
I agree we aren’t that good and I am wrapt to hear we’ll see a lot of new faces on the list next year - hallelujah!!! It’s about time some pretending players were out to the sword
Wheel the changes Rossy - even if we have to go back to go forward so be it …just no more of this no man’s land 6-12 bullshyte as we’ve had 12 years of it

“Yeah….nah””
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Are we giving up draft capital to bring in players

Or

Are we letting go players to bring in draft capital

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Tony

It’s great you have faith in the club and those running it

I don’t - history of supporting StK - I don’t just trust

Tony
You were also supportive of Ratten and Richardson at the time

And if I had to guess, you were supportive of Timmy when he was coach?!

And that’s fine - if that’s how you support

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 03 Jul 2023 9:57pm Tony

Tony

I've never heard t74 say the coaches got it wrong.
Was always the players not performing, or the list had holes.

Seemed to have eternal faith in Richo as well as Cuddles Ratten.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Mon 03 Jul 2023 10:40pm
B.M wrote: Mon 03 Jul 2023 9:57pm Tony

Tony

I've never heard t74 say the coaches got it wrong.
Was always the players not performing, or the list had holes.

Seemed to have eternal faith in Richo as well as Cuddles Ratten.
Tony called Ratten towards his end as a clear decline in performance standards don’t think that’s eternal faith

“Yeah….nah””
B.M
Saintsational Legend

When?

He’s never had a critical word against the club or its leadership ever!

Fully supported AR, BR and now RL