Footy Classified

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Re: Footy Classified

Scollop wrote: Thu 20 Jul 2023 12:32am
nostalgicsaint wrote: Wed 19 Jul 2023 4:45pm
Scollop wrote: Wed 19 Jul 2023 3:40pm
B.M wrote: Wed 19 Jul 2023 10:19am In
Ross

Out
G. Walsh
N. Walsh
S.Lethlean

He will also remove any assistant they doesn’t sing along with his tune

He will get in people who are his guys

Either it will work or set us back again
Interestingly Geoff Walsh hasn't been replaced.

Same sort of thing happened at Fremantle. They put up with him because he got so close a couple of times and they 'hoped' he could do it again.

The straw that broke the camels back was when he started losing players. Lachie Neale (one of Freo's best players and their 2 time best and fairest) wanted out of the club. Oh..and Ed Langdon too.

Ross had relationship issues with people. That's why Freo sacked him.

Lachie Neale credits Ross Lyons influence on his career as a key moment. Particularly around standards.
It doesn't matter if Lachie credits Ross as having influenced his career. I'm not disputing that.

Lachie is all class... I wouldn't expect him to publicly say anything negative....But...

Actions speak louder than words. What's more significant: his words or his actions in leaving Fremantle.

They are a relatively wealthy club with very large sponsors and they weren't wooden spooners with a bunch of ageing stars about to retire.

Lachie Neale left Fremantle. A favourite son. A dual Best and Fairest.

It's like us losing Sinclair or Jack Steele. It damages the team's future prospects.
bulls***. You just make it up as you go along. You assert that Lachie Neale left Freo because of Ross and then say that it doesn't matter that Neale credits Ross, because it doesn't support your conspiracy theory.

Neale left Freo because he had the opportunity to be the no.1 inside mid at Brisbane. Something he would have had to wait a while for at Freo given that they had Fyfe and Mundy at the peak of their powers. Brisbane given the demographic of their List at the time, also had room to pay him a lot more. Nothing to do with Ross.

Cerra, Hill an Langdon left after Ross was sacked.

Your assertion that Geoff Walsh left because of Ross is utter nonsense plucked out of your ass.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Thu 20 Jul 2023 10:26am
Scollop wrote: Thu 20 Jul 2023 12:32am
nostalgicsaint wrote: Wed 19 Jul 2023 4:45pm
Scollop wrote: Wed 19 Jul 2023 3:40pm
B.M wrote: Wed 19 Jul 2023 10:19am In
Ross

Out
G. Walsh
N. Walsh
S.Lethlean

He will also remove any assistant they doesn’t sing along with his tune

He will get in people who are his guys

Either it will work or set us back again
Interestingly Geoff Walsh hasn't been replaced.

Same sort of thing happened at Fremantle. They put up with him because he got so close a couple of times and they 'hoped' he could do it again.

The straw that broke the camels back was when he started losing players. Lachie Neale (one of Freo's best players and their 2 time best and fairest) wanted out of the club. Oh..and Ed Langdon too.

Ross had relationship issues with people. That's why Freo sacked him.

Lachie Neale credits Ross Lyons influence on his career as a key moment. Particularly around standards.
It doesn't matter if Lachie credits Ross as having influenced his career. I'm not disputing that.

Lachie is all class... I wouldn't expect him to publicly say anything negative....But...

Actions speak louder than words. What's more significant: his words or his actions in leaving Fremantle.

They are a relatively wealthy club with very large sponsors and they weren't wooden spooners with a bunch of ageing stars about to retire.

Lachie Neale left Fremantle. A favourite son. A dual Best and Fairest.

It's like us losing Sinclair or Jack Steele. It damages the team's future prospects.
bulls***. You just make it up as you go along. You assert that Lachie Neale left Freo because of Ross and then say that it doesn't matter that Neale credits Ross, because it doesn't support your conspiracy theory.

Neale left Freo because he had the opportunity to be the no.1 inside mid at Brisbane. Something he would have had to wait a while for at Freo given that they had Fyfe and Mundy at the peak of their powers. Brisbane given the demographic of their List at the time, also had room to pay him a lot more. Nothing to do with Ross.

Cerra, Hill an Langdon left after Ross was sacked.

Your assertion that Geoff Walsh left because of Ross is utter nonsense plucked out of your ass.
You’d know a thing or two about plucking stuff out of your ass wouldn’t you? :lol:

Lachie WAS the number one inside mid AT Fremantle when he decided to leave Freo. How do you think he won those B&F’s? By being number 2 inside mid?

In 2018 - Lachie’s last year at Freo - Neale was a 25 year old up against Fyfe (who only managed 15 games) and….up against a very durable D Mundy (but he was 33 years of age in 2018).

Here’s the stats/averages below.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... fopt2=2018

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... fopt2=2018

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

About as much value in this argument as a minimum of chips and 2 potato cakes when there is zero credibility to Neale leaving because of Lyon.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

The G Train Legacy wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 8:03pm
Vortex wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 6:43pm
The G Train Legacy wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 12:01pm
Vortex wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 4:42am Four Pillars my arse!

Only ever been two pillars

Ross answers to no one except Bassett

That’s how ego Mania works

If this turns pare shape it will be spectacular

Captains picks rarely workout
And that's the way I like it. Bassat and Lyon are the most accountable, so they should be the major decision makers.
Management by committee is a sure fire path to failure.
I couldn't agree more, it's why China has become the world superpower.

Having said that though, a centralised management system in an elite sporting organisation might work if the supreme leader welcomes feedback and is flexible when better ideas come along.
Are you comparing an Organisation of about 70000 members, with about 70 or 80 employees and an annual turnover in tens of $millions to a nation of 1.5 billion? By the way China does rule by committee and will be a failed state within 10 years, more a paper superpower.

Are you also suggesting that Ross doesn't listen to Hayes, Enright or Harvey? And why would he listen to anyone else but them?

And in regard to "...welcomes feedback and is flexible when better ideas come along" HR wank-speak! Better ideas according to who?
Haha!

I’d love to know from where you are extracting this hilarious nonsense about China and it’s likely demise?

Look again it's the Flash!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

The thread title should be renamed - Footy Crapified.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

The Linton Street Flash wrote: Thu 20 Jul 2023 2:48pm
The G Train Legacy wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 8:03pm
Vortex wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 6:43pm
The G Train Legacy wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 12:01pm
Vortex wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 4:42am Four Pillars my arse!

Only ever been two pillars

Ross answers to no one except Bassett

That’s how ego Mania works

If this turns pare shape it will be spectacular

Captains picks rarely workout
And that's the way I like it. Bassat and Lyon are the most accountable, so they should be the major decision makers.
Management by committee is a sure fire path to failure.
I couldn't agree more, it's why China has become the world superpower.

Having said that though, a centralised management system in an elite sporting organisation might work if the supreme leader welcomes feedback and is flexible when better ideas come along.
Are you comparing an Organisation of about 70000 members, with about 70 or 80 employees and an annual turnover in tens of $millions to a nation of 1.5 billion? By the way China does rule by committee and will be a failed state within 10 years, more a paper superpower.

Are you also suggesting that Ross doesn't listen to Hayes, Enright or Harvey? And why would he listen to anyone else but them?

And in regard to "...welcomes feedback and is flexible when better ideas come along" HR wank-speak! Better ideas according to who?
Haha!

I’d love to know from where you are extracting this hilarious nonsense about China and it’s likely demise?
They will have more retirees than workers by 2030. That's a demographic fact. So how do you reckon that plays out? Who creates their economy, the retirees? It's a disaster.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

caro is a real witch. Still trying her hardest to destabalise the club with a crap article in today's Age newspaper.

Made up bulls*** story trying to create a feud between the coach and our CEO.

I suppose the fugly will do anything to give our place in the eight to her tigers