Sandy v Filth

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sandy v Filth

Really good to read that Hotton is starting to look good. Thought it was a bit laughable when some clown wrote him off after his return from that long lay off.

silverhalo
Club Player

We saw the influence Marshall had when he went forward in the last quarter. Really need to bring Heath in to change with RoMa in the ruck and Max is very handy around goal as well.

Coffield has to come in - he's a class above, needs some luck!

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I think Coff needs another week at VFL to focus on getting cherry ripe for AFL.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

No mention of Hayes.

Had hoped he would be available soon as we badly miss an experienced big bodied player up forward - as demonstrated when Marshall gave us a target in the last quarter today.

Caminiti is going to be ok, but it is a huge responsibility to saddle a teenager with.

On Coffield, I hope we see him ASAP. Class player. If he gets reinjured he has all summer to get right for next season.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Caminti is overrated on here

He’s been OK just

Even Ross stated that, he is a part of the worse forward line I’ve seen at StK

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Caminti is overrated on here

He’s been OK just

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sun 23 Jul 2023 11:40pm Caminti is overrated on here

He’s been OK just

I cut him a bit of slack for being a teenager and think merely that there is something there to work with for the future.

And yes, the forward line was horrible today - and has been for a while. Marshall got it going in the last quarter. It is amazing the effect a viable target can have on delivery.

Suddenly there is an urgency to get it forward quickly and directly

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

I agree with the posters that Max Heath needs to come in. He played predominantly ruck today I reckon for this experiment. It will allow Marshall to go forward and have a presence like it did today until we get Max King back. He’s ready to go.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I think the really is that if you want a mosquito fleet of lively, buzzing small forwards…
You need a monster forward for them to get around and crumb off of.

Butler in particular has really struggled when King went down. I think it’s because the movement is even more haphazard then usual

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Sun 23 Jul 2023 11:34pm No mention of Hayes.

Had hoped he would be available soon as we badly miss an experienced big bodied player up forward - as demonstrated when Marshall gave us a target in the last quarter today.

Caminiti is going to be ok, but it is a huge responsibility to saddle a teenager with.

On Coffield, I hope we see him ASAP. Class player. If he gets reinjured he has all summer to get right for next season.
Ross mentioned Jack Hayes in his press conference. Said that Hayes has plantar fascia issues or some other injury concerns. Lyon said he'll consider adding height to the line up next week against Hawthorn

He mentioned that Marshall was touch and go to be ruled out prior to the game as he's not 100% and team had Campbell ready in case.

Cordy wasn't right last week leading up to game day with 'concussion protocols' but should be ok for next week

Peris was good against Collingwood in the VFL today and I thought he was unlucky to not have been given multiple games. Both Gresham and Butler have been very lucky to retain their spots each week

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 24 Jul 2023 4:34am
bigcarl wrote: Sun 23 Jul 2023 11:34pm No mention of Hayes.

Ross mentioned Jack Hayes in his press conference. Said that Hayes has plantar fascia issues or some other injury concerns. Lyon said he'll consider adding height to the line up next week against Hawthorn

He mentioned that Marshall was touch and go to be ruled out prior to the game as he's not 100% and team had Campbell ready in case.

Cordy wasn't right last week leading up to game day with 'concussion protocols' but should be ok for next week

Peris was good against Collingwood in the VFL today and I thought he was unlucky to not have been given multiple games. Both Gresham and Butler have been very lucky to retain their spots each week
Thanks for that. Just watched it. He was good, like the Ross of old. Seems on top of all our issues.

He was absolutely scathing of the ground conditions and fair play. Good that someone is speaking for the club.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Hayes, Membrey and Cordy all available for selection this week.

ace
Saintsational Legend

King Max wrote: Sun 23 Jul 2023 1:18pm How’s Butler going?
No service what so ever.
Last edited by ace on Mon 24 Jul 2023 10:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

King Max wrote: Sun 23 Jul 2023 1:18pm How’s Butler going?
No service what so ever.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sun 23 Jul 2023 8:38pm Really good to read that Hotton is starting to look good. Thought it was a bit laughable when some clown wrote him off after his return from that long lay off.
Vortex?
I wouldn’t worry too much bout his footy assessments..no one else does 🤣

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sun 23 Jul 2023 8:38pm Really good to read that Hotton is starting to look good. Thought it was a bit laughable when some clown wrote him off after his return from that long lay off.
Vortex?

“Yeah….nah””
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Mon 24 Jul 2023 10:39pm
Vortex?
Surprisingly no.

I’d tell you who… but I’d hate to see you post something even more uncomplimentary

Killa
Club Player

The assessments are pretty harsh noting the ages and experience of those subject to the comments

And the conditions which reduced the game to a ground level contest of gaining territory

Before those conditions impacted the performances of Heath, Keeler and Adams were encouraging - and they persisted after that including Keeler giving a cut out in the ruck

At ground level we had some “goers” who made it a contest

Given the same courtesy as Collingwood, so Campbell and Stocker playing the result may have been different

Recognising that the focus is on the development of our younger brigade not so much winning

A couple who have been on the List for a couple of years now and a couple of years on from debuting at AFL level may be nervous come season’s end - but not any of the “babies” and particularly not those of KPP potential

Killa
Club Player

The assessments are pretty harsh noting the ages and experience of those subject to the comments

And the conditions which reduced the game to a ground level contest of gaining territory

Before those conditions impacted the performances of Heath, Keeler and Adams were encouraging - and they persisted after that including Keeler giving a cut out in the ruck

At ground level we had some “goers” who made it a contest

Given the same courtesy as Collingwood, so Campbell and Stocker playing the result may have been different

Recognising that the focus is on the development of our younger brigade not so much winning

A couple who have been on the List for a couple of years now and a couple of years on from debuting at AFL level may be nervous come season’s end - but not any of the “babies” and particularly not those of KPP potential

Killa
Club Player

Double posts

The site appears to have gremlins - or maybe it is me, which is more likely I think!!

Brunswicksainter
Club Player

Killa wrote: Mon 24 Jul 2023 11:18pm Double posts

The site appears to have gremlins - or maybe it is me, which is more likely I think!!
Yeah there currently seems to be server issues. Are admins aware as the website has also been down for hours at a time recently.