SINCLAIRS NON FREE GOES VIRAL

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

SINCLAIRS NON FREE GOES VIRAL

The umpires desision to cheat by not awarding Butler a clear free 10 out directly in front has gone viral. All over social media as it was such a bad call.

Again how do we cop such a horrendous and costly call.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: SINCLAIRS NON FREE GOES VIRAL

Yep umpires made sone howlers I’d agree

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Were the umps watching that play in slow mo?

Yet after that, all HTB were paid instantaneously, just to rub it in.

Pathetic and inept umpiring.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Josh Battle
Club Player

We nearly buried Carlton. The St Kilda foot was lifted and about to be placed fair square onto their throat as we built a 3-4 goal lead late in the second quarter. We came out early in the third and after Max King’s second goal we retained a 22 point lead half way into the 3rd quarter.

We were cleaner than them with our ball handling. We were matching them in the contests and getting more free kicks than Carlton in the first half which isn't unusual if you’re first to the ball. Then all of a sudden the umps decided the contest needed to be close. The umpires made a series of decisions in different areas of the ground that seemed baffling and one sided.

There was a free paid to Carlton when Brad Hill came in to spoil in a marking contest and I think the ump said it was in the back or some crap. Genuine attempt and no high contact but umpire paid the free against Hill. Hill’s face said it all!

Same sort of scenario when another free was paid against Jack Steele when he put on a fair tackle. Umpire said Steele was holding or what ever. Absolute rubbish call. And then 1 minute before the half time siren the non free to Butler.

And all this happened while we had a handy lead. It’s as if they subconsciously want a tight close match because it’s better for ratings or viewer retention.

They stopped paying any frees to us. Sharman had his arm chopped. King was blocked from his run, Byrnes wasn’t rewarded for his tackle. And they started manufacturing frees to help Carlton get back in the game.

Not saying umpires cost us the game, but boy oh boy wow wee it p!§§es me off when the umps make a series of decisions in defence and in attack and all over the ground. All of of them were on the same wavelength trying to bring the battle back to a more even contest. The non frees to us and manufactured frees to Carlton continued in the 3rd. It was a huge momentum swing
Last edited by Josh Battle on Mon 07 Aug 2023 3:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Josh Battle wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 2:52pm We nearly buried Carlton. The St Kilda foot was lifted and about to be placed fair square onto their throat as we built a 3-4 goal lead late in the second quarter.

We were cleaner than them with our ball handling. We were matching them in the contests and getting more free kicks than Carlton, which isn't unusual if you’re first to the ball. Then all of a sudden the umps decided the contest needed to be close. The umpires made a series of decisions in different areas of the ground that seemed baffling and one sided.

And all this happened while we had a handy lead. It’s as if they subconsciously want a tight close match because it’s better for ratings or viewer retention.

They stopped paying any frees to us. Sharman had his arm chopped. King was blocked from his run, Byrnes wasn’t rewarded for his tackle. And they started manufacturing frees to help Carlton get back in the game.

There was a free paid to Carlton when Brad Hill came in to spoil in a marking contest and I think the ump said it was in the back or some crap. Genuine attempt and no high contact but umpire paid the free against Hill. Hill’s face said it all!

Same sort of scenario when another free was paid against Jack Steele when he put on a fair tackle. Umpire said Steele was holding or what ever. Absolute rubbish call. And then 1 minute before the half time siren the non free to Butler.

Not saying umpire cost us the game, but boy oh boy wow wee it p!§§es me off when the umps make a series of decisions in defence and in attack and all over the ground. All of of them were on the same wavelength trying to bring the battle back to a more even contest. The non frees to us and manufactured frees to Carlton continued in the 3rd. It was a huge momentum swing
It was so f****** highly noticable wasn't it?

I would say great pickup but only an umpire arse licker would say otherwise.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

The free kick count was 7-1 our way late in the second quarter, mainly due to our pressure and tackling. We had laid 40 tackles at the time. My wife commented "that's not good, they'll even it up in the second half". Within a minute I said to her "I think the runner's been out with the message" as the howlers started. The umpiring had been of a good standard until then but, in the blink of an eye, they lost composure.

The Butler non-free was one of the biggest howlers in my memory? Did it affect the game? Probably, as we would have led by 28 points at half-time. Instead, knowing they had the rub of the green, the Blues may have felt they had a couple of let-offs and could reset for the second half.

Unfortunately, they did.

Saint supporter since '62
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

“Goes viral”

😂

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

I don’t get the Sinclair reference.

Was the umpire who didn’t pay the free kick to Butler named Sinclair?

BTW it was a howler.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

I standby and what I said in the match day thread where I was told I was wrong.

That non free on Butlers rundown tackle was the straw that broke the camels back. It just showed that no matter what, the umpires were against us and we went into our shells as we spat the dummy out the cot and didn’t show up at half time.

King Max
Club Player

It was a bad decision but not as bad as the one to overturn the goal umpire’s decision and award Carlton their first goal.

Look at the two frames and where Marshall’s hands are. It’s obvious his hand has been pushed back by the ball in between the two frames they show.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

King Max wrote: Tue 08 Aug 2023 6:01pm It was a bad decision but not as bad as the one to overturn the goal umpire’s decision and award Carlton their first goal.

Look at the two frames and where Marshall’s hands are. It’s obvious his hand has been pushed back by the ball in between the two frames they show.
We were having a good run with the free kick count against other teams and other goal line decisions...now though... it's back to normal and screw St Kilda

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

King Max wrote: Tue 08 Aug 2023 6:01pm It was a bad decision but not as bad as the one to overturn the goal umpire’s decision and award Carlton their first goal.

Looked like a goal to me though happy to be proven wrong.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 08 Aug 2023 6:09pm

We were having a good run with the free kick count against other teams and other goal line decisions...now though... it's back to normal and screw St Kilda
Dermie thought it was the correct call…you have to wonder about some of these “experts”.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 08 Aug 2023 6:16pm

Dermie thought it was the correct call…you have to wonder about some of these “experts”.

Dermie hates StKilda more than most.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 09 Aug 2023 9:13am
SaintPav wrote: Tue 08 Aug 2023 6:16pm

Dermie hates StKilda more than most.
It was a bizarre and incorrect observation from him and one I would expect from the imbeciles on 7. I expect accurate and honest commentary for paid content.

NOT value for money!

Saint2
Club Player

The biggest umpiring clanger was when Byrnes got pushed under the ball in a big way - in the open, umpire watching- we were waiting for the free.